LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.2.1 (updated May 9th)

Postby Enkide » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Abelius Wrote:
kingmosalah Wrote:Hi I'm new to this website and I downloaded this game because it looks amazing. I was just wondering what I need to run the game? If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

You probably mean you don't know how to decompress the file, right?

Use WinRAR for that.

I got 7-zip now, I was just wondering
Enkide

Postby kingmosalah » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:18 am

Thanks! It's working now and it's a fantastic game! Is there anywhere that I can find the animations or like a gallery sort of thing?
kingmosalah
Newly Registered

Postby TheDoubleDeuce » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:18 am

Is this thing still being worked upon?
TheDoubleDeuce

Postby Abelius » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 am

TheDoubleDeuce Wrote:Is this thing still being worked upon?

Yeah. 0.3.1 will be posted here in two days.
Abelius

Postby TheDoubleDeuce » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 am

Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply.
TheDoubleDeuce

Postby Reiii » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

I feel so bad for not donating to you. The game honestly deserves it.

Altough the gameplay of the previous version (can't sday that for 3.1 yet) feels a bit repetitive at times (e.g. going trough the whole pot cleaning routine - I am so glad you added fast travel) but surely as you add more things it will get better. Also it took me ages to figure out you can simply not collect the firewood and instead start this alternative quest.

I personally would like to see more dialogue that moves the story forward but I understand that takes time. Is the first guy you encounter, the guard, ever going to make another appearance? Or was he just a disposable character? Sek's my favorite so far. Curious what you are going to do with him in the future.

So, keep up the great work! You truly inspire me!
Reiii

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1 (updated June 30th)

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:13 am

Public version v0.3.1 launched!
Abelius

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1 (updated June 30th)

Postby Mancubus88 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 am

Abelius Wrote:Public version v0.3.1 launched!

Can't see the link
Mancubus88
Newly Registered

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1 (updated May 30th)

Postby shepirotcloud » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 am

Hello, there are some problems with this update that I could find

-The zoom system tends to go crazy or sometimes does not respond well.
-When I go to see Cenvir, after talking with Meiri, at the moment Cenvir says "What are we going to do?" it stays locked and I can not talk to it, the zoom is active and I can move but when I click on Cenvir, the little arrow is seen loading but nothing happens.

P.s. Sorry for my enlgish :oops:
shepirotcloud
Newly Registered

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.1.2 (updated Dec 22nd) Walk/Run toggle

Postby pixytales » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 pm

futiman56 Wrote:When I run the game in windowed Max v-sync or no v-sync mode, I get stuck after the unity disclaimer and I hear the music but nothing else shows up.
I currently have a windows 10 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Someone please help!! I really want to see the new game haha

This is the same problem I've been having with the latest build, and I've been searching high and low for a solution with no result. Can someone help with our problem?
pixytales
Newly Registered

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1 (updated May 30th)

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 pm

shepirotcloud Wrote:-When I go to see Cenvir, after talking with Meiri, at the moment Cenvir says "What are we going to do?" it stays locked and I can not talk to it, the zoom is active and I can move but when I click on Cenvir, the little arrow is seen loading but nothing happens.

Thank you.

0.3.1b has been uploaded.
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 am

pixytales Wrote:
futiman56 Wrote:When I run the game in windowed Max v-sync or no v-sync mode, I get stuck after the unity disclaimer and I hear the music but nothing else shows up.
I currently have a windows 10 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Someone please help!! I really want to see the new game haha

This is the same problem I've been having with the latest build, and I've been searching high and low for a solution with no result. Can someone help with our problem?

I take you're using Win64 version, right?

Could you post your hardware specs (graphics card especially).

Does the game run okay in full-screen mode?
Abelius

Postby pixytales » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:03 am

Abelius Wrote:
pixytales Wrote:

Yes, Win64.

Processor is an Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

Ram is 6 GB

As stated before, OS is 64 bit.
pixytales
Newly Registered

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1b (updated June 21st)

Postby aclgrafix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:22 am

so far not bad, but 1 thing i do not like is how overly repetitive it is before you can start getting scenes, i don't want to spend hours repeating the same things for pretty meh scenes, also that you can't use the direction keys to move is kind of annoying, i would much rather use my keyboard than my mouse for movement
aclgrafix

Postby Abelius » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm

pixytales Wrote:
Abelius Wrote:
pixytales Wrote:This is the same problem I've been having with the latest build, and I've been searching high and low for a solution with no result. Can someone help with our problem?

Yes, Win64.

Processor is an Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

Ram is 6 GB

As stated before, OS is 64 bit.

I still need to know what graphics card you have, and if you've tried full-screen or not.

Also, try to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode (just in case).
Abelius

Postby pixytales » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Abelius Wrote:I still need to know what graphics card you have, and if you've tried full-screen or not.

Sorry about that. I tried running it in Windows 7 and 8 compatibility , but got the same result.

I also tried running it fullscreen, same result.

My graphics card is a Intel HD Graphics 4000.
pixytales
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 pm

pixytales Wrote:
Abelius Wrote:I still need to know what graphics card you have, and if you've tried full-screen or not.

Sorry about that. I tried running it in Windows 7 and 8 compatibility , but got the same result.

I've seen some posts at Unity forums saying Intel integrated graphics cards could pose some problems.

If your card was a 3000 series I'd would have said to you that they're not supported because those are DirectX 9 capable only, but the 4000 series is supposed to be DirectX 11 capable, which is what I'm using in LOKR.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this, tbh. I'd say you could update your graphics, but I'd be still shooting blind.

If you have access to another computer with a desktop graphics card, you could try it to confirm if the issue comes from that.
Abelius

Postby egorez3 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 am

[img]file:///C:/Users/dell/Desktop/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F%20%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B0/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png[/img]
Well, I have a problem. The game launches successfully and i can see the main character, but it seems as if there's no textures at all, so everything is replaced by blue color.
I wanted to upload a screenshot, but unfortunately i don't know how.(i'm not used to using forums)
I hope somebody can help me.
egorez3
Newly Registered

Postby pixytales » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:18 am

Abelius Wrote:
pixytales Wrote:

I've seen some posts at Unity forums saying Intel integrated graphics cards could pose some problems.

If your card was a 3000 series I'd would have said to you that they're not supported because those are DirectX 9 capable only, but the 4000 series is supposed to be DirectX 11 capable, which is what I'm using in LOKR.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this, tbh. I'd say you could update your graphics, but I'd be still shooting blind.

If you have access to another computer with a desktop graphics card, you could try it to confirm if the issue comes from that.

Did what you said and yeah, definitely something related to my laptop. Don't worry about it. Need to update anyway. More reason now more than ever. Thanks for trying to help.
pixytales
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:20 pm

egorez3 Wrote:[img]file:///C:/Users/dell/Desktop/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F%20%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B0/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png[/img]
Well, I have a problem. The game launches successfully and i can see the main character, but it seems as if there's no textures at all, so everything is replaced by blue color.
I wanted to upload a screenshot, but unfortunately i don't know how.(i'm not used to using forums)
I hope somebody can help me.

That's typical of using a non DirectX 11+ compliant graphics card.
Abelius

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects