Ducer U

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Ducer U

Postby CedricDucer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:28 am

Oh My!
Managed to get another version ready to roll out. Quite a few bug fixes and new additions.

Still Super fun to learn this stuff!!!

Update: Public Version 0.4
-clothing added
-Belmar's Boutique added (Clothe Shop)
-Closet added
-clothing bonuses added
-cafeteria added
-cafeteria building redone
-3 new outfits

If you'd like to join me, follow me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CedDuceU (readying up for v0.5).
You guys are amazing with the help, keep it up so we can... polish this turd...
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Ducer U v4.swf [ 2.74 MiB | Viewed 2814 times ]

Last edited by CedricDucer on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
CedricDucer

Re: Ducer U

Postby Draconias » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:40 am

You're off to a great start. Keep up the good work. :)
Draconias
Newly Registered

Ducer U v0.1

Postby CedricDucer » Wed May 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Try that one
CedricDucer

Postby aclgrafix » Sat May 26, 2018 4:24 am

so far not bad, will keep an eye out for future updates
aclgrafix

Postby K-zr » Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Not a bad start
K-zr

Postby samuelsteven6 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

For starters, the game is great. The animation and the characters in the game are pretty impressive. Excluding the bug after talking to a character then accidentally talk again, the game functioned properly. I assume that the game was made by a person alone.
samuelsteven6

Postby CedricDucer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 pm

You guys are incredibly kind. Yes, it was made by one person after come coding advising. I will keep it up
CedricDucer

Postby samuelsteven6 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Um, now, I replayed your game and I saw some of the designs are very poorly, like the buttons. I'm an intermediate who is good in making animation in UI (User Interface, like buttons and such). Would you like to accept my offering in helping you out? If not, it is fine then.
samuelsteven6

Postby CedricDucer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:28 pm

I am always looking forward to some constructive criticism! Everything there now is mostly just placeholder stuff, so everything is subject to change.

Also, I am SOOOO excited to hear that you replayed it!
CedricDucer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 pm

You've got some good stuff, but this is CRAZY buggy. It froze up both times I tried to play, the button to continue did not appear.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CedricDucer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 pm

I have been spending quite a bit of time preparing for the next update. I think I have fixed quite a few bugs, but, of course some still remain.
so, please feel free to tell me of any other bugs that you've encountered.
Be as descriptive as possible. How far did you get and where did you come across this glitch.
CedricDucer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:00 am

So first bug I find is that when I make a team, the last person to join the team doesn't show up on the list, but I think they're still there.

When I'm soliciting, it seems to show the second character in my party even if I pick the first.

It froze again on me. After I solicited some guy, and tried to pick the next one, it froze. It's stuck on a screen saying 1: Invite 2: Leave. I try to press all the buttons but nothing happens.

Tried again. I talked to a girl in the street, she turned me down. Then I talked to a guy next to her, solicited him, the scene happened with the girl I just spoke to instead of the one in my party, and then I "earned 0$" and it froze up.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CedricDucer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm

I have tried to fix the bugs you reported Ace, thank you so much for your hep and continued support!!!

Tell me if they persist
CedricDucer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:29 am

Well, the version here on LoK still has the same crashing problems. If it's only fixed in the Patreon version, then I'll have to wait.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CedricDucer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:16 pm

Give this version a go
CedricDucer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 am

Better, but still buggy. At least it's not breaking immediately now.

For some of the sex scenes, it got really slow. After about half a day of doing stuff, the game got really slow, dialogs starting popping up in the wrong place, or lacking text, and the game would randomly teleport me back to Home. Finally, everything got really slow and it was just unplayable. From my experience with Flash, it makes me think that maybe this is some problem with garbage collection, meaning some object is being created and then never destroyed. If objects are not removed, they will cause lots and lots of lag as more pile up.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CedricDucer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 pm

I've been discovering the same thing about the garbage collection, so I'm trying to go through the code to make sure things get removed at the right time. I'm still figuring it out, but, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thank you Ace for all of your help man, it really means so much to me.
CedricDucer

Postby max2143 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:23 pm

not bad game at all, In fact I bet with a little spit and polish you'll be able to turn this from a turd to a diamond.
max2143
Newly Registered

Postby CedricDucer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:28 am

Max, you silver tongued devil, you.
CedricDucer

Postby CedricDucer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:17 pm

New version posted
CedricDucer

Next

Return to Flash Projects