Roleplaying Discussion

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Roleplaying Discussion

Postby Littlemankitten » Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Hey all, so I've been thinking about some RP ideas, but I want to make sure there is an interest for them. So I've compiled 6 of the idea's I've been having. The first 3 are fairly standard, but the last three I personally think will be a lot more.... interesting. Anyhow, tell me what you guys think and if there is sufficient interest for one I'll create an OOC thread for it.

First RP idea: Pokemon
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The first idea is a Pokemon RP in which the battles would be resolved with Pokemon Showdown. Each player would be playing a character who is starting their Journey from the same town, (May or may not know each other, but would have come to the conclusion that they’re journeying alone, as a sort of race.) and are just getting their starters. Due to the fact that they don’t know Professor Oak, they’ll be starting with Normal Types, which are generally considered garbage. Through the RP, players will be told when they have available stat points to allocate and what attacks they gain access to, and at which levels, to prevent players from just min-maxing their Pokemon right off the back, to always have optimal Pokemon, and when they can evolve their Pokemon. Player’s inventory will be kept track of, including Pokeballs, each Pokeball having a specific capture chance. Unlike in the games, however, the Pokeballs are used at the end of a battle, after the target is KO’d.

In this universe, all Pokemon Battles occur with the unspoken agreement that the winner can do whatever they want with the loser, short of death and permanent injury.

Players will also have access to a map of the areas they are allowed to roam, and their position will be kept track of with markers.

3-5 player RP. Currently no pre-set story (Will change later)

Second RP idea: Battlebot RP

In this RP, players will be new to a game in which they use High Tech watches to store and equip suits of robotic armor to themselves, by storing them in a pocket dimension, and warping them onto their bodies when needed. These parts are first obtained in a set, as their first suit, then other pieces are obtained by winning battles. Battles are won by damaging the opponent’s robotic armor beyond operation.

Of course, if the player’s character desires it, they would be able to do unsavory things to their opponents after winning, and these types of dangerous equipment could be used for more than just games.

Mechanically, each piece(Head/body, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg) in this RP would have its own individual stats and ability(One attack for each arm, then an ability or attack for each other part, depending on the part.) which would make up the total stats of the entire suit. Rather than leveling up, the player would be refining or adapting their battle style by obtaining other parts for different situations.

While players would have a lot of options in terms of what they can do, those options would include attempting to become the champion of this in-universe game, creating and running their own gang, or just generally doing whatever they like, as they have a robot suit.
3-6 player RP. Preset story that is influenced by player interaction.

Third RP idea: Skyrim

This RP would take place in Skyrim around the time when the Stormcloaks and the Imperials were roughly on equal footing. The player will be able to choose their starting location, race, faction affiliation (including neutral), etc. This RP will be a bit more freeform than the others with less of a grand story. (this may change). There won’t be many definitive differences between the actual setting and this one, except for the fact that losing against someone or something will probably result in rape over death.

2-6 player RP. Freeform story

Fourth RP idea: Magic vs technology.

This Rp will take place in a universe where a magic wielding world is running out of mana (A similar resource to oil that fuels all magic) and thus must open a portal to another world using what little remaining mana they have in order to gather more. This world happens to be the modern day Earth…. Magic and technology will be unbalanced to each other, but each will have distinct advantages against each other. Magic will have the advantage in infantry and sea battles. Magic has more AoE attack, mind-altering attacks, and anti-personal defensive magics, as well as being able to summon magic beasts. In the sea a submarine might be able to take on a kraken or whatever monster is summoned, but surface vessels are very weak to them (not to mentions magic can summon whirlpools to easily take out ships) However, technology as the advantage in the air and in armor. Magic has been used exclusively for infantry fights and sometimes lightly armored magic powered vehicles. Highly advanced tanks with lots of armor and highly damaging cannons is beyond anything the magic wielding users have faces. Jets and helicopters will also be able to outclass pretty much any air creature summoned, except perhaps dragons. (even then jets can outrun them by quite a large margin)

Magic is very good at making lewdities as well.

3-8 player RP. Pre-set story than can be influenced by player interaction.

Fifth Rp: Isolation.

Now we start to get into the more “unconventional” ideas. Inspired by the game Duskers. This RP will take place in the distant future where all of civilization is dead. The players will be the crew of a small vessel, who find themselves awakening from cryosleep and finding all of civilization to be gone. The players will have to scavenge derelict ships and stations for food and other supplies. There will, of course, be threats. However, very few will be able to create lewdities. The main part of the RP will be player on player interaction. There can and probably will be portions with very little GM interaction. Another thing to note, player death is ON. This Rp is meant to be difficult and for players to have to be careful with their choices. There are 5 pre-defined endings that players can find. Similar to Duskers, there will be sort of “quest” path’s set that players can choose to ignore or undertake. These quest paths will determine how civilization has died, and how the game will end.

4-6 player RP. Pre-set endings based on players choices.

Sixth RP: Faction RP

In this RP, players will create two things. A faction, and its ruler. The faction portion will have a preset world that players can create the borders of their faction on, create its notable resources, species, main doctrines, government type (if any), military, etc. Then the ruler portion will deal with political situations, possible uprisings, assassins, etc. The story will be completely player driven, and as a GM I will probably create my own faction as well as an example. I may also create world events if things get dull. This kind of idea can range from medieval, modern, future, god game, etc.

2-6 player RP. Player based story.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Mark3000 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:41 am

I'll admit the Sixth idea is the most interesting. It reminds me of an old RP on the site.
Mark3000

Postby Nobudi » Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 am

As interesting as six would be to run, it can become an absolute clusterfuck if someone attempts to powergame and the GM doesn't mediate. And in terms of RP, Elder scrolls game rp- Skyrim has been to the moon and back around here. Maybe Elsweyr (pardon the pun)? Four would be similar to an rp I didn't get to start, but had to be abandoned because of lost notes. Another pokemon game would be nice to see again around here. and the battletech rp sounds interesting, but the only problem for me would be how you'd handle balance between the parts.
Nobudi

Postby Littlemankitten » Mon May 07, 2018 2:23 am

Nobudi Wrote:As interesting as six would be to run, it can become an absolute clusterfuck if someone attempts to powergame and the GM doesn't mediate. And in terms of RP, Elder scrolls game rp- Skyrim has been to the moon and back around here. Maybe Elsweyr (pardon the pun)? Four would be similar to an rp I didn't get to start, but had to be abandoned because of lost notes. Another pokemon game would be nice to see again around here. and the battletech rp sounds interesting, but the only problem for me would be how you'd handle balance between the parts.

I will make sure that people are on mostly a fair playing field and dont try anything to absurd. Every faction should have key strengths and weaknesses. (unless someone just wants to make a faction that is just made of weaknesses, thats cool to I guess)

Skyrim is what everyone is most familiar with and honestly easiest to work with (in my opinion). However, I do suppose I could do a location that has yet to be in a game. (or perhaps even an area on the second continenet that is sometimes mentioned) Which means I would have to create a map and at least somewhat decent story for it. Plus no dragons.

As for the battlebots one, I havent put much thought into it yet but if people want to do it I'll make sure its fair.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Firehead » Mon May 07, 2018 2:51 am

I'd be interested in either the Pokemon, Skyrim, or Faction ideas.
Firehead

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 am

I like the first, second, third, and sixth, and would gladly join any or all of them, given the opportunity~

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby mrblah » Mon May 07, 2018 5:06 pm

honestly i'm game for joining regardless of which it is.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 pm

All sounds interesting, but especially numbers 3 and 6.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri May 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Ugh, I've been reading through some of the old games I've been in, and nostalgia hit me hard, the sneaky bitch... so many great games, so many great players, all gone now...
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MiscChaos » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Funny enough, I was doing something similar just the other day.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Reaperbones » Wed May 30, 2018 6:23 am

I think this is an appropriate forum to put this in, but if it isn't then sorry.

So I've been contemplating an idea. I kinda want to start writing a story and do it at say a few paragraphs or a chapter interval and at the end of every writing I leave a decision for you guys to make through voting and then continue the story from the vote. I'd probably even have a little mini character competition if I want to introduce a new character in the story. Have you guys make a character you think would be best and then I judge or somebody else judges.

This sound interesting to you guys?
Reaperbones

Postby Nobudi » Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 am

That's called a Quest. I'd be down for letting it go on. Maybe even bring out that old vote system no one uses any more.
Nobudi

Postby Redmoon115 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am

Alright, So, I have a RP idea, And I don't know if I would go through with it, I might, I might not, That's the point, If I do, Well good.

The idea is in the most basic of sense, 2-6 players in a futuristic apocalyptic world, Their only goal, Survive, and Grow, Humanity is at the brink of Extinction from wars fought over resources, Radiation is in the very air, Cats and Dogs living together, Bad stuff went down, And now humanity will rise from the rubble, Determined to go back to what it once was.

That's the idea, Thoughts?
Redmoon115
Newly Registered

Postby Mashugana » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:46 am

That faction idea from a while back made me giggle a little, probably cause I've been playing a lot of Dominions.

Actually, has anyone ever tried a thing where they played as a group of villagers like in the video game Thea the Awakening? It's a sort of strategy/card game where you play as a group of villagers after some bigass magical apocalypse clusterfuck occurred. Rather based off of Slavic mythology in terms of the gods and a lot of the mythology.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Mashugana Wrote:That faction idea from a while back made me giggle a little, probably cause I've been playing a lot of Dominions.

Actually, has anyone ever tried a thing where they played as a group of villagers like in the video game Thea the Awakening? It's a sort of strategy/card game where you play as a group of villagers after some bigass magical apocalypse clusterfuck occurred. Rather based off of Slavic mythology in terms of the gods and a lot of the mythology.

Funny. I was thinking about something similar recently (as in, yesterday), through more inspired by this old game. And there were some similar games over the years, but usualy more primitive and tribal, IIRC.

And Thea was fun. LIke the idea. Like the Dominions even more, though I'm not sure how to make that complicated mess work.
Phoenixcz

Postby Mashugana » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Yeah, Dominions would be a nightmare to try and run.The concept would probably be cool but the logistics would be horrific.

A sort of tribal or village setting does sound good though, maybe even something like Call of Cthulhu if anyone would want to go more modern.
Mashugana

Postby Mark3000 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:00 am

So I've had this Idea kicking around in my head. It's a long LONG way from being ready, but I wanted to hear what people thought.

It would be a game similar to League of Legends with a grid map and various champion. The main hook would be that while everyone could make one player everyone could make as many champions as they wanted. Each champion would be available to everyone. Where I'd take it outside of one on one bout, I'm still trying to figure it out. But it's something that's been on my mind for a while.
Mark3000

Postby that man » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 am

Mark3000 Wrote:So I've had this Idea kicking around in my head. It's a long LONG way from being ready, but I wanted to hear what people thought.

It would be a game similar to League of Legends with a grid map and various champion. The main hook would be that while everyone could make one player everyone could make as many champions as they wanted. Each champion would be available to everyone. Where I'd take it outside of one on one bout, I'm still trying to figure it out. But it's something that's been on my mind for a while.

That sounds like it would be complicated...but if I could have a birb like her, then sure.

that man

Postby mrblah » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:17 am

i would definitely be interested. a league of legends rp does sound pretty complex, but probably really fun.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Mashugana » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 am

Here's a really bad idea:

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy roleplay.

Gain brouzouf doing... whatever, sometimes nothing at all, check to make sure your legs are okay every few seconds, be lost as to what in the fuck is going on most of the time!
Mashugana

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character