Roleplaying Discussion

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Roleplaying Discussion

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Alright then. Now that I know there's interest I'll start working on it. I've already got basics down and I'm working on translating the perks in game into something that'll work in text, but like Nobudi said, balancing is gonna be a bitch so I'm putting a bit more work into that.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Nobudi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 am

Just an idea, don't have to use this Misc, but if you want to try and balance it, try and have general abilities that are flexible and can be used many ways for the "Monster", while the "Players" get specialized skills that are useful in a handful of moments/ certain situations.

Depending on what kind of abilities you give the players, it'll be the difference between a "Rape and Run" hide and seek game like Dead by Daylight, or an "Asymmetric Battle" game like Evolve.
Nobudi

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm

So got bored and had a crazy thought for an rp. An rp focused around your viewers voting for what happens next. Like you've got one person who's playing the main character and doing most of the positing, but the events and stuff are suggested and voted on by people reading the rp in a seperate OOC Thread. If they get enough votes then the event happens and the main character has to respond to the event. TLDR rather than there being one DM it's a group DMing for one person. Opinions?
Reaperbones

Postby mrblah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

sounds like twitchplays. though in this case, i suppose it'd be lokforumsdms.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Nobudi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 pm

With how few active rps have been out and about, been wondering if I should try and revive one of my old ones or concepts that I never got around to finishing.
Nobudi

Postby MelissaB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Same or try a few of the ideas i've been toying with
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:44 pm

I wanna try some ideas myself but life keeps yanking me in and out. I'll be active as hell for three days then disappear for a week. WHY LIFE WHY!?
Reaperbones

Postby MelissaB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Might as well list the ideas that I've got knocking around my head. every idea actually has a story and fleshed out idea(to an extent) but I've never really pushed them to completion due to not having interest bar my own prior

Option 1; A sci fi strike team war type deal. the stats and progression i was looking to x-com as a basis but not x-com the game as the plot and lore of the rp but more of how conflict will be dealt with, engaged and how players would progress. If people think they'd enjoy this sort of mechanic base to the rp i can flesh this out for folks. or answer questions if people ask. Aliens, space ships, zero gravity combat, "air dropping" through a vacuum onto another space ship to blast xeno scum with kinetic rounds. it's not actually x-com thought i'd establish that right away but i'm borrowing a few mechanics from it that push the combat and conflict resolution method to how i'd like it to be. Just wouldn't know how else to describe it unless you're me and you knew what i actually meant. Players would level up, unlock new equipment, even get to command their own squad should they desire all the while blasting aliens and rival groups alike in a sea of plasma fire(eventually) while serving the Empire of United Planets

Option 2: A sorta modern day setting where players would be playing special agents trying to infiltrate a private island that is home to a Crime Boss(that's gone all bond villian) with their private floating and very much moving island that the more naive and not well informed public are using as a holiday resort(as that's it's cover) each player will get to make a character pick a cover story(which will define their stats and starting gear, it's basically your class) and have to report to their chosen agency and keep them informed and up to date, with the reward system being if you can report back good news they can offer supply drops fail and well might find resources are lacking in your area atm.

Option 3: Is a post apocalypse setting, players will be characters in a ruined city of what once was with gangs controlling most of it (think of a blend between Nukaworld and New Reno for the feel of the setting, slaves, drugs, whores and gangs with their bosses running everything but not fallout)Most people are visiting traders paying protection money to not become slaves, slaves, or apart of a gang. Players will have to choose how they wish to survive, become a high valued slave(for you submissive sluts) take over a gang, start a new gang or wipe out all gangs and free the slaves. With various side quests about cage fights, thunderdomes and general stuff to do. While this City won't be the only palce you can go as players it will be the hub of the rp.

Quick Note(Edited this in btw)

If anyone is interested in the idea and there isn't a lot of resposnses PM me)
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 am

All the ideas look good although I'd probably say Option 2 or 3 has the most merit based on the description.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby MelissaB » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Right so... i've done the opening for the first one, the sci fi strike team rp. working on the other two once their all doen will post them here for people to see which ones they prefer, the one with the most attention and interest will likely get an ooc thread up.

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Edited:

Within the Storme(previously option 3)

The world was destroyed not by nucular war or climate changw but by nature fighting abck against the advancements of humanity's medicine, disease won the war, it defeated antibiotics and bacteria began to take it's toll, spreading like the black plague, covering the world and killing 1 in 3 people within a year killing off 2 billion and 5 hundred million humans cutting the population down to 5 billion across the world in a years time, to which was further reduced by the ensuing chaos of crime rates and mass panic. Socieity collapsed, people turned on each other over food, medicine and basic Creds, now the world is not split up into countries but cities, not enough people survived the years after disease took over for nations to matter anymore, but secular states of cities ruled themselves or were broken up into fragments by rivalling groups. With the population a lot smaller the spread slowed down and as time progressed humanity once more began to grow a resistence to the powerful diseases but with medicine still being scarce any illness could still be as life threatening as a gun shot wound.

You find yourselves in the city state of "Storme" home to thugs, slaves, drugs and murder, ruled by five controlling gangs, if you wanted to live here you had to play nice with a gang, work for one or be valuable enough not to just be killed and stripped of your belongings. Outside of the city is endless roads with sparesly populated areas of people trying to lvie alon away from the cruelty found in the cities but for the most part those people find themselves dying in just as cruel ways by passers by or wild animals that have taken over the outskirts. You find yourselves in this city, how you found yourselves here isn't important it's how you plan to survive this city that is. Storme itself is a large city for the time, each gang controlling a vice or having a share of it.

Players will have to choose upon creation where they sit in the city, recently arrived, slave, gang member, fighter in the cage, which you prefer but you must be in the city and the only restriction is you may not be apart of Ironclad and if you are a gang member you are a fresh one, only recently joined the gang and have gone thorugh thier hazing trial, or you cna be your own free agent and decide how your character will attempt to survive or even conquer Storme.

Please ask any questions if you have them, will sort on getting the other options that had interest up once i think they're good enough as a primilary version of them.

Galatic War: Strike Teams(previously option 1)

The year is 2272, mankind has successful made thier way into the stars with the FTL travel being discovered and adpted for successful use both for exploration and industrial.With humankind stretching out into the stars it was only now truly possible to discover if life existed beyond our previous reach, as mankind works to further it's reacha dn expand it's knowledge and technical aptitude it comes into contact with other life, beyond what it had previously known. War has ravaged the galaxy humanity has no allies and plenty of enemies.

The war has been raging on for decades, with both sides suffering loses, what mankind lacked in technology and experience in warefare on such a scale it made up for with adaptive exuberance and a will to survive. After the first ten years a special strike team was developed for taking on the aliens in commando style missions, meant to strike and get out before reinforcements and capital ships could resond to hit back. With the most resources pooled into making these task force a success, each of you were hand picked to train in this force and now that your training is complete you are ready for your first mission. You stand o attention, firsted your training and readying your equipment for your mission, alla round you are those you've trianed beside and those you know, like or hate them you've been trianed to fight alongside, kill alongside each other for the past year and now it's about time for your trianing to be put into practice.

Players will be able to play as humans or AI which would allow thme to play something not so basic there are no strengths one has over the other or weaknesses, the game will start on a mission that will allow everyone to get an idea of the mechanics and introduce players to the storyarc, players are members of a special selected strike team known as Lancers, players can levle up, get promoted, earn access to new gear, experimental weaponary and defences and even get to be able to command their own squad of NPCs(you will have to pay to outfit them btw) You will move from rookies to elite special forces and work together to win a war, for every mission the players complete an invisible counter is moved in favour of humanity towards an objective the mission was to help, every failure mvoes them away and theenemy's counter forward. allowing players to both success and fail and still not have the game over be you lost a single mission.

Praven - A Great Lie(previously option 2)

Praven the holiday restort for all, with vices for the adults and even activities away from them to make it nearly family friendly.the floating island moves around the ocean taking customers coming along from private ships docking with the floating island and taking those leaving off back to their given habours. The floating artifical island functions as a holiday resort but most of it's money coems from drugs, human trafficking/slave trade as weapons. Using the holiday resort front to lure people in and use thme to smuggler drugs, weapons and even kidnap people into the human trafficking ring. Due to it's constance movement through the sea and with it's money ties giivng it enough protection that without enough evidence to mvoe against the island's owner a Mr Abbadon Larkin owns the island and is the one running it both for it's elgal income and illegal income. As agents of your respective agencies you've been sent in undercover to locate and secure evidance of the island's illegal activities and get that evidence out and back to your agencies so they cna build a case to get government action in stopping this man from continuing to exploit the naivity of the public for his personal gain and stop the suffering he is causing. Due to this beign treated like a holiday restot it also means the floating island has people living there usually those apart of the larkin organisationb ut also those jsut trying to make a living, paying rent to house shops, beauty salons and even supermarkets as a basic infustrature for the island to function as it does.

Players will be secret agents from all over the world(whatever agency they choose) will enter the private flaoting island under the cover story of thier choice, varying from being a street walker to a cage fighter or even posing as a holiday goer. Once arrived players will ahve to establish their cover, keep up appearances of their cover while working to uncover evidence about the criminal activity that's going on, remaining undetected and keeping thier cover intact if their cover is broken they will then be in a cat and mouse situation where they've either got to get what they cna and get out of the island or fail and get captured by the criminals they were hoping to unveil. Players will get rewards based on intel gathered and reported back to their superiors ranging from new equipment, cash for resources and so forth.

there you go all 3 primarily points up, feel free to ask questions and offer interest.

MelissaB

Postby Nobudi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 am

Personally, Within the Storme and Galactic War strikes my interest.
Nobudi

Postby Mark3000 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Same, I already have a character in mind for Within the Storme and Galactic War: Strike Teams.
Mark3000

Postby MelissaB » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Okay so looks like it's currently a tie between storme and galactic war as far as interest goes.

MelissaB

Postby Reaver » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm split between Within the Storme and Galactic War as well. Storme seems pretty plot-driven whereas I feel the Galactic War one will be mostly player-driven. I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Galactic War though
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby MelissaB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:40 pm

it's practically still a tie.....

MelissaB

Postby mrblah » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:05 am

i like them both too, but i also prefer galactic war. you could flip a coin too.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Littlemankitten » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:37 am

I vote Galactic war, cause
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby MelissaB » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:34 pm

No longer a tie!

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:35 pm

so roughly six people interested... alright will get the OOC thread up.

MelissaB

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character