[Ren'py] Long Live the Princess

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [Ren'py] Long Live the Princess

Postby deathgod » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm

1. how many day's total are there

2. how do you learn things like courage and agility

3. are there currently more girls then sister clothes shop owner and primrose

4. are there specific ways to unlock things like the old hag and agility training and strength and courage and stuff
deathgod

Postby Swampstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Great game so far. Once I've removed the inhibitions of the 3 girls can i do more yet? read the books to increase perversity but it didn't seem to add anything new. any tips?
Swampstar
Newly Registered

Postby deathgod » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Swampstar Wrote:Great game so far. Once I've removed the inhibitions of the 3 girls can i do more yet? read the books to increase perversity but it didn't seem to add anything new. any tips?

already asked the same thing in a more direct way mate lol
deathgod

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 pm

Well, looking at the change logs available, the time limit is currently not in effect, so - as many as you want.
As for the second question, unless I totally missed something: You probably don't. At least for courage I haven't seen anything hinting at it being available.
Though I'm sure you'll eventually get it from the source.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Darthjake » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 am

Courage will be from the dope in that the sis is negotiating with, I want to learn agility, lol.
Darthjake

Postby Amakuo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 am

Very interesting game so far! Quite impressed by the amount of content already in considering the early version, and glad that there isn't much grinding required to progress. It's refreshing to have a game that's not only story-based but also makes the player think and prioritize. Aside from UI/quality-of-life improvements that I'm sure are forthcoming, I only have one thing to criticize: isn't Primrose's head rather too big for her body? I know she's supposed to be petite, but it's just jarring to see her up close, especially when she comes to give you your pay.
Amakuo

Postby Darthjake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm

We need some proportions for Prim's head, maybe bobbing on our cock?
Darthjake

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:24 pm

oh this game was really exciting, I'm curious to see where it goes!
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby killyspec » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 am

i'm loving what's there and am anxiously waiting for more it.

the only thing i want to inquire about is the fact that i'm not getting unlocking the extra options when the game tells me i should be. like, i can't go back to the crone (not for training and not for her to teach the Lock spell book that i found) nor do i have an option to visit Thaddeus in the afternoons or the Uncle guy whose name i can't remember in the mornings.

Are these just not yet implemented or is something going wrong? If they're not yet implemented, i'd like to suggest adding the buttons but have them crossed out or make them lead to message that the activity is not yet implemented, just to clear things up in the midtime.

Also, it'd be great if you could see the current day, day number and time of day at any time. yes, i'm aware that there isn't a time limit in 0.20.
killyspec

Postby Belle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 am

I'm so sorry for not responding, everyone. I kept refreshing the thread but never noticed that it had gone over to a new page.

deathgod Wrote:1. how many day's total are there

2. how do you learn things like courage and agility

3. are there currently more girls then sister clothes shop owner and primrose

4. are there specific ways to unlock things like the old hag and agility training and strength and courage and stuff

1. As many as you like right now. The effect of time will be introduced gradually over the next few versions, and the time limit will be reintroduced once it begins to mean something (ie. once we get closer to the end-game, most likely).

2. You can't train those in 0.2. In 0.3, you will be able to train one point of courage through Thaddeus (with more coming later). You should be able to train agility in 0.4 through a new character for that version.

3. Nope, but I'm at the stage of development where I'm going to start introducing new ones rapidly. Two new girls will appear in version 0.4.

4. "Unlocking" each of these will require different methods, but right now the biggest limit is the early version. I take it you played version 0.2, which is still very bare bones. 0.3 finishes the basic foundation of the game and lets it move forward in the future.

Swampstar Wrote:Great game so far. Once I've removed the inhibitions of the 3 girls can i do more yet? read the books to increase perversity but it didn't seem to add anything new. any tips?

Removing the inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose is the basic "goal" of version 0.2. Once you have accomplished that, there isn't likely to be much, if anything, that you have missed.

Amakuo Wrote:Very interesting game so far! Quite impressed by the amount of content already in considering the early version, and glad that there isn't much grinding required to progress. It's refreshing to have a game that's not only story-based but also makes the player think and prioritize. Aside from UI/quality-of-life improvements that I'm sure are forthcoming, I only have one thing to criticize: isn't Primrose's head rather too big for her body? I know she's supposed to be petite, but it's just jarring to see her up close, especially when she comes to give you your pay.

I had to check my source files now to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong. Primrose's body is quite small and she's wearing a tight-fitting dress that makes it look smaller. Compared with her posture in that specific scene where she sort of diminishes herself in stature, and it all ends up emphasizing that her head is ever so slightly bigger than normal for her size. I experimented with matching it exactly, and the difference was minimal. Still, every little bit probably counts towards what you're seeing.

killyspec Wrote:i'm loving what's there and am anxiously waiting for more it.

the only thing i want to inquire about is the fact that i'm not getting unlocking the extra options when the game tells me i should be. like, i can't go back to the crone (not for training and not for her to teach the Lock spell book that i found) nor do i have an option to visit Thaddeus in the afternoons or the Uncle guy whose name i can't remember in the mornings.

Are these just not yet implemented or is something going wrong? If they're not yet implemented, i'd like to suggest adding the buttons but have them crossed out or make them lead to message that the activity is not yet implemented, just to clear things up in the midtime.

Also, it'd be great if you could see the current day, day number and time of day at any time. yes, i'm aware that there isn't a time limit in 0.20.

I got a lot of feedback about the points you mention, so for 0.3 you will find that message boxes pop up to inform you when you've reached the end of certain types of content, and there is a day and time indicator in the upper left corner at all times. One of the big focuses of 0.3 is to improve the user interface.
Belle

Postby Belle » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Version 0.3.1 is now available to everyone. Download link is in the first post.

Changelog:

• Expanded main storyline.
  • New scenes with Belle.
  • New scenes with the Crone.
  • New scenes with Thaddeus.
  • Short new scenes with Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Minor additions to Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Revamped user interface now lets you access inventory, abilities, and see the current day and time.
  • Updated certain older scenes to utilize the new inventory system.
  • Also added ability restrictions to some of these scenes.
  • All rollback restrictions have been lifted for the time being.
  • Significant code changes to prepare for the loading of old saves in future versions of the game.
  • Added brief note when reaching the end of certain types of content. Because this is a non-linear game, such warnings will not appear for all content. If you find yourself grinding to discover new scenes, odds are you have seen everything.
  • Fixed a few typos.
Belle

Postby keradi01 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:45 am

I played through (what I think is) the whole content of this most recent release. I didn't recognize any bugs or notice any typos (which I usually do, so kudos on that). I skipped the last release so I cannot say for sure how well the new content works or if there were noticeable changes between the last release and this to old content.

I stopped after it seemed like I could not make further progress or see new "random" scenes. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I'll list what (adult) scenes I've come across (since I am more certain I hit all the story scenes, which seem less missable).
>Callie dress scenes ("revealing" dress, forest dress, and lingerie) and the "Show and Kiss breasts" remove inhibition scenes; with the regular kiss scene being unavailable.
>Evelyn's remove inhibitions scenes; "kiss + tongue", "pinch nipples," and "show breasts" scenes and "Night" scenes, with no ability to continue down the "turn on back" or "pull down panties" branches.
>Primrose's scenes only being the initial meeting, "cleaning library without dress", and the "Night" scenes with the "Look under panties" and "Fondle breasts" scenes being cut off due to low agility.
>Belle has what seems to be a single random night scene that only triggers once after another seemingly random discussion scene with her; unless you also count the "go nude" option, in which case there's that.
>And a single scene with an unnamed woman that happens while working for Callie.

If that's everything there is so far and I described them accurately, then I probably have seen everything this version has to offer and thus I can give an honest opinion.

So far, yeah, this game is looking good. I still like the art and dialogue, the mechanics are understandable to a degree but it isn't overly simple; though it's hard to say for sure since it doesn't seem like all the mechanics implemented are utilized yet. It really bothers me that a lot of scenes are cut off by agility checks considering that you can't raise that stat at all in this version; chances are the scenes that require those checks aren't finished yet because players can't meet the prerequisite, but I didn't even realize you couldn't raise that stat until checked this thread. I'd recommend using those end of content pop-ups just to let us know we cannot further a scene or a branch in the current version just to avoid future confusion. Granted, it seems like the next release will add in a way to increase that stat, but considering how well you are doing with marking where content ends, I would encourage you to do a bit more. You have no idea how many hours I've spent on snipe hunts looking for inaccessible content just because the creator didn't finish something yet implied in the game that it was; especially when they left in files (such as images) for scenes that aren't implemented or aren't supposed to be accessible.

Speaking of which, it looks like that while the "working at Callie's shop" plotline properly tells you when you've seen everything, it doesn't seem the "working at the library" one does not; since all I can do now is sleep in the library and I haven't noticed any progression from doing that. Or there's a scene I somehow haven't triggered yet, in which case it is likewise a problem if you have to keep doing the same option repeatedly without a noticeable change in order to reach a new scene. Likewise, while I've been able to ask for panties from Evelyn and Primrose, Callie says to ask later after improving our relationship, but even after doing everything I can find, it doesn't seem like I can pursue that option at all (nor have I found an opportunity to obtain panties from her; either from asking or stealing) so that branch might need to have a pop-up saying you can't do that in this version (or at least in whatever versions come out until that is no longer true, of course).

Otherwise, I would suggest a warning pop-up for certain scenes (like the night scene with Belle, or with the woman at Callie's shop) that seem to be non-repeatable. Granted, both scenes end with the implication that they may come up again, but so far I haven't seen this happen. So until a scene like those truly become repeatable, may I recommend a popup telling the player that they may want to save in case they want to see it again at their convenience.

I do hope that further versions can have more "explicit" scenes. It seems a bit odd that the most hardcore scenes are with none of the "main" girls, seem non-repeatable, and that I actually question my usage of the word "hardcore" to describe them (not that I don't love that they are there; especially since I specifically asked for something with Belle). I do get that so far you're working on the basics, so I'm not exactly complaining considering how much I do like what is so far implemented, but it would be disingenuous for me to not say I hope to see a bit more in the next few versions.

I know that was a lot to read, but I do overall just want you to know that you are doing well so far and that I look forward to seeing further progress made for this game.
keradi01

Postby Belle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks for your constructive and thorough feedback. It does indeed seem like you've seen everything in version 0.3.1, at least as far as sexual content goes. To get the most out of the current story, also make sure you've researched the royal sisters. I suspect you've already done so, but I don't see any mention of it in your post so I'm pointing it out for completeness.

Because of the way this game is structured, there isn't really a good way for me to have included a bunch of repeatable sex scenes in the first releases. Rest assured though, we're over that hill now. The amount of hardcore content will increase fast in the coming versions now that the foundations have been placed. 0.4 more than doubles the number of available hardcore scenes alone. Warning the players to save before each non-repeatable sex scene seems a bit weird. I've never seen a game like this do that, and I've played my fair share. As time goes on, I will probably look into creating some sort of gallery to let players replay scenes like this regardless of their saved games. This would take valuable time away from things that are more important right now though, so it's not on the top of my list of priorities.

It's also very complicated to point out to the players when they've run out of content for something because it's so non-linear. It can be done for Callie's work events since they are entirely linear, but the library work events aren't. You may at one point be left with nothing to do during library work other than sleep, and then you'll suddenly be given options there again. Automating messages to tell the player they're done with such content is complicated and error-prone. I'm putting in such messages where I can now, but for very complex events this might not happen. I did have a time limit in place originally, but I removed it temporarily since I got a lot of complaints about it. It will be reintroduced once it makes sense, probably around the time the Princess appears.

Regarding the panty problem you have with Callie, that's a bug in 0.3.1. Your relationship with her is supposed to improve whenever you work at her store, but that isn't happening in that version. This has been fixed for 0.4.0, but it won't retroactively fix old saves that have exhausted the normal work events. You can (possibly, I haven't checked) block the panty option with Callie if she thinks you're too much of a pervert, so be careful. There will be other ways to solve that problem in later versions.

As you point out, agility training is present in 0.4.0, though only one level of it. More will likely come in 0.5. Since I want to avoid grinding at all costs in this game, even training an ability is going to be a worthwhile scene in its own right (see courage training in 0.3.1 for an example, though I'm taking this even further with 0.4.0). Since agility in particular also affects a bunch of other scenes, I need to make sure I get it right. Its effects and improvement will, by necessity, be spread across multiple updates.
Belle

Postby keradi01 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:28 am

Thank you for your response.

I agree, a warning before a non-repeatable sex scene is a bit weird. I honestly think I've seen it happen once or twice. But that suggestion is based on what the game looks like now. Games like these usually do have galleries or allow for all sex scenes (though perhaps not dialogue) to be repeatable, so there is usually no point to it. Since the current state of the game has neither, I thought it would be a nice idea. Like I said, it is mainly for convenience, since a player may not know if something is repeatable or not until after a scene is already past (sometimes well after if they think it only happens randomly) and they may want to go back and see it again, and while it is intuitive for me to save whenever something happens, I won't assume that's the same for everyone else. A small warning prefacing such a scene is likely less work intensive than implementing a proper gallery after all.

As for the other parts I mentioned having proper cut-off warnings, I believe you when you say that it is complicated. While I don't have experience with the program you use for this game, my own limited programming experience has already taught me how frustrating it can be to work in new things into something already complicated. So I'll only say to do what you can when it fits into your schedule. Those kinds of warnings are a godsend since playtesting early versions of games like this is practically a hunt to see everything and make sure it all works; but yeah, since it doesn't technically add anything, it shouldn't be a priority if it is too time-consuming to implement.
keradi01

Postby Belle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Version 0.4.0 is now available to everyone. Download link is in the first post.

Changelog:
  • Added two new girls (Samarra and Nell) and some of their core events (featuring more than 110 new images). Please note that the new girls are not available until after a few days into the story.
  • Added the first stage of agility training.
  • Slightly expanded Callie's changing room scene.
  • Slightly expanded Evelyn's night scene.
  • Slightly expanded Primrose's night scene.
  • Loading old saves (from version 0.3.0 and up) should now work. Some changes may still cause old saves to break, depending on where you saved.
  • Updated graphics for Evelyn's night scenes.
  • Added text to show when an ability check is successful. Not all checks will display these messages.
  • Primrose's schedule extended beyond two weeks.
  • Minor tweaks to first conversation with Thaddeus if it occurs later than expected.
  • Placeholder next/previous page buttons on clue screen if you somehow have more than 15 clues.
  • Minor bugfixes
Belle

Postby Belle » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:42 am

Version 0.5.0 is now available to everyone. Download link is in the first post, as usual. :)

Changelog:
  • Agility training now goes up to level 4.
  • New mechanic for the Perversity abiilty.
  • Night scenes for Evelyn and Primrose fully implemented up to Agility 4 and Perversity 4.
  • Music: Added a main menu theme and a dynamic theme for spell logic. More music will be added in later versions.
  • SFX: Added a variety of different ambiances to spice up several locations. As with music, more will be added later.
  • Expanded the preferences menu with sliders for music, sound, and ambience, plus a mute button. Note that the Sound slider currently has no effect.
  • Added a new perspective to Samarra's sex scene.
  • Modified Evelyn's breast reveal scene.
  • Fixed a major problem with Samarra's hair, replacing many images from 0.4.
  • Bug fixes
Belle

Postby Belle » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Version 0.6.0 is now available to everyone. I have updated the download links in the first post.

Changelog 0.6.0:
  • You can now train with the Crone so that you can reveal a person's large secrets.
  • Many new scenes for Evelyn, including her large secret.
  • New scenes for Thaddeus.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 3.
  • The abilities screen now displays the maximum available ability levels for the current version of the game.
  • Music: Added three new musical tracks.
  • Tweaked and improved a selection of early renders that weren't up to the standards of images made since then.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.
Belle

Postby mouseguru » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:25 am

I've checked this board about how to increase ability scores, and you answer that you can raise courage by "training with Thaddeus". Someone asked how you reach Thaddeus but you didn't answer that.

How DO you meet Thaddeus? I've checked the walkthrough for version 6.0 and apparently Thaddeus is supposed to be at the training grounds on Thursday and Friday afternoon? I've tried going there then, but there's no one there. Help?
mouseguru
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:23 pm

At some point your sister will tell you Thaddeus is looking for you. You should be able to go to the Town Hall, and from there get a "Talk to Thaddeus" option. I think.... It's been a bit since I did that, and I have since trained my courage up to max for now.
Darthjake

Postby Belle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:01 pm

mouseguru Wrote:I've checked this board about how to increase ability scores, and you answer that you can raise courage by "training with Thaddeus". Someone asked how you reach Thaddeus but you didn't answer that.

How DO you meet Thaddeus? I've checked the walkthrough for version 6.0 and apparently Thaddeus is supposed to be at the training grounds on Thursday and Friday afternoon? I've tried going there then, but there's no one there. Help?

You are introduced to Thaddeus by spending time with Evelyn. Once you have done that once, you can freely visit him at the town hall.
Belle

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects