Cupid's Island - 22nd December 2017 - v0.0.05-0016

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

What do you think about the current character selection?

Good
100%
Neutral
No votes
Bad
No votes
I don't mind
No votes

Total votes : 3

Cupid's Island - 22nd December 2017 - v0.0.05-0016

Postby DraturaXXX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:33 am

Hello there!
I've been visiting this page for several years now and finally decided to join the board. The reason for this is that I've come up with a game idea which I'd like to share with you. Especially because I am looking for artists.
I myself am an experienced Unity programmer and game designer. Since I am not a native english speaker, please excuse any mistakes.

The following concept will be updated by me as we progress with the work, but feel free to let us know what you think about it at any time!
I will add more details soon. Especially on how exactly the game will work.

You can also find the newest version of the game here. If you would like to report any bugs that you find or have any suggestions for
improvements, we will be always glad to hear them.

Best regards,

DraturaXXX

Project Summary

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Cupid's Island takes the player away to a beautiful island owned by the little love angel Cupid. Cupid was banned to this island due inappropriate behavior.
After several years being alone on the island Cupid developed a good and a bad personality. His bad personality pushed him towards kidnapping girls to play around with on his island.
On the other hand the "good Cupid" knows aswell that he can't stay alone and fights the "bad Cupid" with treating the kidnapped girls well.

Project: Cupid's Island
Genre: Casual, Resource Management, Adult
Game Engine: Unity
Platforms: Windows/Linux: stand-alone, Web/HTML: Newgrounds

Game Overview

Players will experience Cupid's Island in a 2D Space as Cupid himself. Thus he has a top-down view on the island and a sideview on single areas.
As a guidance the player has the "good and bad Cupid" to his sites. Furthermore he will be able to choose which girls will come and stay on the island.
The way in which this happens depends on whether the players listens to the good Cupid or the bad one.
All of the available girls have their very own personality and act individually.

Gameplay - Recently Updated

Tutorial

The tutorial is intended to fully prepare even novice players to play the game. Therefore it is split into multiple parts. Each one introducing a new mechanic at a time.
As already mentioned in the Game Overview section the tutorials will be told through the good and bad Cupid. This also introduces the player to the ability to chose between the good and bad option.

Mechanics
The actual mechanics are repeated for each girl, but are personalized by them.
At the beginning of the game, the evil cupid has already abducted a girl to the island. This is explained to the player by a short intro. Then the player finds himself in the dispute between the good and evil Cupid again. Now he has to decide which part of the island the girl should stay in. Both the good and the bad cupid give suggestions. These suggestions depend on the personality of the girl. Once the player has made a decision, he can visit the girl and take various actions. These also depend on the girl's personality. Also, the player receives suggestions from the Cupids.
To bring new girls to the island, the player must interact with the girls who are already on the island. If he listens to the good cupid, he receives Love Essence.
If he listens to the evil cupid then he gets Pleasure Essence. If the player has collected a certain amount of an essence, he can bring a new girl to the island.
With Love Essence, he has good girls and Pleasure Essence wicked/bad girls.

Resources
The player needs to handle the four resources drug, food, wood and stone in order to get ambiance and amusement points.
The latter as well as food form the happiness of a girl which is needed to get the essences.

Love Essence
As mentioned before the player obtains love essence by interacting with the good girls. In order to do so he needs to fulfill her needs.
These include ambiance, amusement as well as food and form together the happiness of a girl.

Pleasure Essence
Pleasure Essence is also obtained by fulfilling the same needs of the girls and interacting with them.
However, for this are the bad/wicked girls needed.

Happiness
Happiness consists of the factors ambiance, amusement and food. The happier a girl is the more sexual interactions are unlocked.

Amusement
To amuse a girl, the player must interact with her. These include both sexual and other interactions. Every girl can perform different actions.

Drug
The drug resource can be used to get more amusement points. If she has during an interaction drugs available, she receives significantly more points.
Drugs can be manufactured in special facilities that can be built.

Food
Food is required to perform an interaction with a girl. If there is not enough food, no interaction with the girls can be made.
Interactions require different amounts of food. The food production can be increased by building or upgrading the collector's hut.

Wood
In order to build or upgrade a housing a certain amount of wood is needed.
Wood can be collected at any time by a girl. To increase the collected wood amount the lumberjill's hut can be build and upgraded.

Stone
In order to build or upgrade a housing a certain amount of stone is needed.
Stone can be collected at any time by a girl. The production of stone can be increased by building or upgrading the stonemason.

Ambiance
If the player wants to increase the ambiance points of a girl, he first needs a home for her.
This can be upgraded then. Each stage of the home delivers a certain amount of ambiance points.
Decorations can also be placed on the girl's part of the island. What exactly these are depend on the one hand on the girl and on the other hand on the part of the island.

Buildings
All buildings in the sections drug, food, wood and stone are placed in the center of the island. The ambiance buildings on each part of the island.

AmusementCupid's Tower (7 upgrades), Tavern (3 upgrades), Museum (3 upgrades)
DrugWeed Farm (3 upgrades), Chocolate Factory (3 upgrades)
FoodCollector's Hut (2 upgrades)
WoodLumberjill's Hut (2 upgrades)
StoneStonemason (2 upgrades)
AmbianceHome (5 upgrades), Decorations

Girl Interactions
Every girl can perform four actions per day.
They all share the following possible interactions:
  • Either working at the Tavern or Museum. This depends on if the character is a good or a bad/wicked one.
  • Either working at the Weed Farm or the Chocolate Factory. This also depends on whether the character is good or bad/wicked.
  • Collecting food at the Collector's Hut.
  • Collecting wood at the Lumberjill's Hut.
  • Collecting stone at the Stonemason.
  • Build/Upgrade a building.
  • Getting undressed. This consists of three stages (clothed, topless and nude).
  • Masturbate at home
  • Have sex with Cupid in Cupid's Tower
In the morning, noon and afternoon they can collect food, wood, stone, build a building, work at the tavern or museum and work at the weed farm or the chocolate factory.
In the evening she can go to the tavern, museum or Cupid's Tower.

Every girl needs to get fully undressed in order to have sex. This consists of three stages (clothed, topless and nude).
To get undressed every good and bad/wicked girl has two of their very own interactions. After successfully executing them
the girl will be able to be undressed.
These interactions are designed to fit the character and/or the game or series they are in.

Characters

These characters are just my personal favorites for this game. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
There are a lot of characters right now. The 1.0 release version will not contain them all. At the current state I would say a quarter will be in that version. Further characters are only added if enough people and the development team are interested into it.

At the current state we made our first decision on the first girls that we will implement. These are marked with '[1]'.
Let us know what you think about it!

Good Girls
These can be brought to the island with the help of Love Essence.
  • [1]Princess Peach (Mario)
  • Leah (Diablo III)
  • Princess Daphne (Dragon's Lair)
  • [1]Nova Terra (StarCraft)
  • Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Samus Aran (Metroid)
  • [1]Daphne Blake (Scooby-Doo)
  • Turanga Leela (Futurama)
  • Betty Rubble (The Flintstones)
  • Francine Smith (American Dad)
  • Erin Esurance (Esurance commercials)
  • Lois Griffin (Family Guy)

Wicked/Bad Girls
These can be brought to the island with the help of Pleasure Essence.
  • Trish (Devil May Cry)
  • [1]Rayne (BloodRayne)
  • Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
  • Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  • [1]Widowmaker (Overwatch)
  • [1]Catherine (Catherine)
  • Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat)
  • Triss Merigold (The Witcher)
  • Lana Kane (Archer)
  • Citra Talugmai (Far Cry 3)
  • Stripperella (Stripperella)
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Furries
These can be found on the island by performing certain actions.
  • [1]Lola Bunny (Space Jam)
  • Roxanne (A Goofy Movie)
  • Minerva Mink (Animaniacs)
  • [1]Krystal (Star Fox)
  • Sandy Cheeks(SpongeBob)
  • [1]Angie (Shark Tale)
  • Gadget (Chip 'n Dale: Rescure Rangers)
  • Mousey Galore (Pinky and the Brain)
  • Fran (Final Fantasy XII)
  • Alicia (Xanadu)
  • Rouge the Bat (Sonic)
  • Coco Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Motivation & Progression

The game will contain several achievements for each girl to keep the player motivated and give hints on what he's still missing.
A certain degree of difficulty is given by the different characters.

Important Links

We are looking for an 2D artist, animation artist, a sound composer and a coder: https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8658

Game

Web/HTML

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1170143/preview

Windows

https://rg.to/file/9d108622c4fd71570fe835d5504b52e1/CupidsIsland_Windows_v0.0.05-0015.rar.html

Linux

https://rg.to/file/9f7e7421a9176d228cbbf81b99d363a9/CupidsIsland_Linux_v0.0.05-0016.rar.html

Update Notes

22nd December 2017 - v0.0.05
General
  • Blocked out the main menu layout
  • Added and blocked out some game user interface elements
  • Added Linux stand-alone version
20th December 2017 - v0.0.03
General
  • Added first approach on the map
  • Added hover effects to the map parts
  • Added windows stand-alone version
Windows
  • Added back and exit buttons
18th December 2017 - v0.0.02
  • Added skippable videos
    Unfortunately my PC is unable to run the newer versions of Unity. Therefore videos can not be played on Web/HTML right now. Nevertheless the function is implemented.
17th December 2017 - v0.0.01
  • Added a loading screen
  • Added a first super basic approach on the main menu

Older Versions

The Team

DraturaXXX
Position: Management, Game Design, Coder
https://draturaxxx.newgrounds.com/
https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=41800
Last edited by DraturaXXX on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 37 times in total.
DraturaXXX

Re: Cupid's Island - 17th December 2017 - v0.0.01-0002

Postby musical74 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 am

Hmm, seems I don't have Unity WebGL installed so can't check it out (or Newgrounds is being picky again) but a good way to get an artist in 2D and one in animation is...ask the various forums, "hey, I'm making this game that involves XYZ and need help with the artistic side of things". There's a fair amount here (I am NOT one of them, heck I'm lucky to do stick figures!) and if your game appeals to them, they will join up. Make sure you tell them up front if this is for fun or if you are intending to pay them, and how much. Some artists are OK with doing a freebie, especially if the game caters to their kinks anyway. (I think)
musical74

Postby DraturaXXX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 am

musical74 Wrote:Hmm, seems I don't have Unity WebGL installed so can't check it out (or Newgrounds is being picky again) but a good way to get an artist in 2D and one in animation is...ask the various forums, "hey, I'm making this game that involves XYZ and need help with the artistic side of things". There's a fair amount here (I am NOT one of them, heck I'm lucky to do stick figures!) and if your game appeals to them, they will join up. Make sure you tell them up front if this is for fun or if you are intending to pay them, and how much. Some artists are OK with doing a freebie, especially if the game caters to their kinks anyway. (I think)

To be honest, there isn't much to check out by now. I'll upload windows and linux versions as soon as it is some sort of playable, but thanks for the try anyway!

Which forums are you speaking of? Thanks for the advice!
DraturaXXX

Postby musical74 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 am

You can start here, LoK has a fair amount of artists, just go to either discussion or general (I'm not sure which...probably discussion) and say "I'm making a Unity game called Cupid's Island, but need help with the artistic side. It's got 2D and animation, can anyone help me?"

One thing: you have a LOT of different women and furries (and I'm impressed with the variety, you clearly have played a fair amount of games and watched a lot of cartoons!) just be aware you might have to explain who some of the women are! (Stripperella and Princess Daphne as an example...man I SUCKED at Dragon's Lair but did enjoy playing it!)
musical74

Postby DraturaXXX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 am

musical74 Wrote:You can start here, LoK has a fair amount of artists, just go to either discussion or general (I'm not sure which...probably discussion) and say "I'm making a Unity game called Cupid's Island, but need help with the artistic side. It's got 2D and animation, can anyone help me?"

Thanks for the advice again!

musical74 Wrote:One thing: you have a LOT of different women and furries (and I'm impressed with the variety, you clearly have played a fair amount of games and watched a lot of cartoons!) just be aware you might have to explain who some of the women are! (Stripperella and Princess Daphne as an example...man I SUCKED at Dragon's Lair but did enjoy playing it!)

Indeed, actually I played too many games and watched too many cartoons. Even tho it is a high number of characters my idea list was more than twice as long ...
I think I'll drop explanations here some time.
DraturaXXX

Return to Non-Flash Projects