Spiral Giant [Ocfos]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Spiral Giant [Ocfos]

Postby cliffracer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Zoe slowly picks herself up and starts following after a second, grunting quietly. The elevator at least waits for her, and as the guardrails raise she's practically looking better already.

The descent looks to be as long as the first one felt. As the elevator clears the office building's final basement floor, it opens back up in to the purple atmosphere that the devilite-infested floor above had. City ruins float all around, bits of skyscraper and road and construction work alike suspended in midair. Below, the elevator is descending to a more put-together section of city ruins that is evocative of some sort of main road, though jigsaw-puzzled together at some point. Vegetation is growing through in the form of grasses and thick briars, but the feeling of unease remains.
"Zythia, have you fought the undead before?"
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 pm

"What, like daywalkers? Yeah, I've run into them every now and then. Why?" Zythia inquires, having half a feeling what she's going to be told next.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:11 pm

"Ooh, haven't heard of 'daywalkers' before!"
"Experience is experience. Certain areas down here are necromantically-charged, and fighting the living dead is a commonality. Any feline ghosts you see are not going to be nice to you. Or... hmm, with this weirdness going on..."
"They're not the kind of ghost you can't kill though! Weapons work fine! Just doooon't trust the cute act!"

The elevator settles with a 'thunk'. This floor is somewhat similar to the one above, Zythia notes, though it decidedly focuses on the road itself rather than the buildings surrounding it. They're not buildings from back home, which is some small comfort. Zoe changes her shield in the arsenal box, switching to a jagged bone-like one. Saph changes her poncho armor for a breastplate and rather poofy-looking purple jumpsuit underneath. Zythia can get a new tabard while she's here, at least, and a new belt-and-pouch combo for her things.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Zythia does renew the little armor she has, feeling a little less vulnerable even with just a tabard on her naked form.

"Can't say I get along with such creatures either way; they smell the beast, and then flee or go on the defense. Mom was always a beast they feared; Respected.
It'll be good to reunite with her, so I can introduce you to her; she is like a baby wolverbeast around people I call friends."
Zythia chuckles bemusedly.

"I still have no clue how we both ended up here; or where 'here' really is from home; But if all goes wrong, I see little problem with joining your people in this... Well, this."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 pm

"I can get you an update on that portal-like thing you came through once we're at the next elevator. I feel like it'll take the scientists a bit longer to study that than it will the living things, and it'll be easier to contact them there since they're a ways above us now."
"We're almost halfway done with this mission, at least! This floor, then two more after it, and we get to go home and have a looong shower."
"Mmm... We're going to have to figure out a way to subdue a Spookat for the science team, actually...
The girls line up at the gate button, ready to head out with Zythia.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:56 am

Zythia does lead on, not replying for the time being, simply letting her actions speak for her right now. As she steps ahead, she keeps her eyes peeled for anything that could be lurking nearby.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 am

The three begin walking down the street once the gate has risen, the other two seeming about as alert as she is. As they reach the first corner on the path, a sense of forboding passes over them. Then, out of nothing, four... sheet ghosts rise out of the ground. Floating white sheets filled with some kind of purple smoke is all Zythia sees at first before the sheets suddenly warp, simultaneously taking the form of Zythia-sized humanoids with cat ears. Unanimously female once their tits and ass take better shape, all bearing a rather cute ":3" face. They seem to be drifting around aimlessly, but are all blocking the way.

"That's just not fair! They got even cuter!"
"WHO was the one saying not to trust the cute act? I'm not sure how their behavior has changed, but if you're going to look, put your shield up..."
Zoe stands next to Zythia, ready to advance side-by-side with her.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:17 am

Zythia doesn't seem to take much thought to it, before rushing in with the large blade, trying to slash as many of them in one cleave as she can get.

"Cheap tricks don't work on me." She grunts.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 am

Once Zythia is close enough, the spookats in unison suddenly grow wide-eyed as their expressions turn to more devious ">:3" faces. They all manage to either duck or float over the horizontal cleave, one of the ghosts slipping behind her through her legs and leaving an exciting tingle along her inner thighs. They've all started cackling and giggling mischeivously, making grabby motions with their covered-up hands. Zoe at least has her partially covered- the spookat that slipped behind is knocked away with a shield to the face.
"Yeah, they still do 'the thing' alright!"
"Zythia, be wary of projectiles. I have a feeling they won't hurt, but what they WILL do is beyond me..."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 am

Zythia sneers, getting a thought out of anger.

Her helmet moves away, baring her face. She lets out an angry wolf-like roar at the cats, relying on the cats being afraid of a 'dog'.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:51 pm

The spookats aren't impressed, one of them even responding with a feline roar of her own. Zoe charges the one she knocked away, breaking it farther from the group and giving Zythia and Saph some breathing room. Saph starts firing on one of them, but is taken off guard when it dodges in fast enough to plant a kiss on her lips, then shove her to the ground and float back again. Saph appears dazed from that 'attack', and the spookat is cackling loudly.
Zythia has her own problems, though. The other two spookats are attacking- the one that shouted rears her hands up like she's getting ready to claw as her friend hacks up a swirling ball of purple energy. As one charges Zythia, the other's projectile is moving in.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Zythia wastes no time going prone under the attacks, ready to spring right back up to charge right into the closest one, once the projectile has gone overhead.

She's definitely not happy to see them mock her roar, very tempted to punch one in the face once she's back up.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 am

The projectile is fired, but the other Spookat does not attack- instead, she just cackles and swipes early so she can swoop away backwards. As Zythia is kept low while the slow ball of dark energy sails overhead, the spookat shouts "Retreat! Retreeeat!" as if she was playing a game. Sure enough though, the group of quirky ghosts quickly bails deeper in to the ruined cityscape. Saph is roused out of her dazed state by Zoe as Zythia gets up, needing a good shake by the shoulders.
"Urrgh... A stunning kiss, great... At least it was ONLY a kiss."
"Sorry, I let that other one get away. No injuries, at least? Usually they stick around and fight when people are in their territory."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:13 am

Getting back up, Zythia reactivates her helmet and walks over to the two to regroup.
"I have no idea what those things are, but they're a pain to fight with a slow weapon. Scoffing as she looks towards where they fled, she crosses her arms.
"I don't know what they usually do, but I don't trust it wouldn't be an ambush they're planning..."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:28 am

"No, this behavior is... aberrant. Just like everything else we've seen so far."
"We can probably count on them setting up a prank somewhere ahead, since they're waaay outmatched. Watch out for anything that look like it could fall if pushed, or any weird patches in the ground that could be pitfalls."
"Ritual circles are a concern too, but they can cloak those well. I don't think we'd be able to do anything about one if they really wanted to hide it, besides keeping spread out to minimize the curse."
Saph rubs her face a little and spins her gun. Zoe's got her shield ready, it looks like she wants to focus on defense when the group starts advancing again. The fact that they have yet to round the corner ahead means there's no telling what's waiting for them.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:43 am

"Do you have any kind of radio to keep in contact if need be? My squad back home have them in our helmets." She looks between the two, then towards the darkness.
"Haven't dealt with ghosts before... Maybe I should spearhead to distract them in case of an ambush."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 am

"Yeah! Our communicators can be sent to short-range to maintain an open channel, as long as they aren't being disrupted by stuff like that office building."
"If your helmet uses radio waves, they're compatible with ours. Try and find our channel, I'll send pings." Saph shifts a switch on the underside of her helmet. It takes a little work to find the channel, but Zythia doesn't have too much trouble zeroing in once she has it close. "Command can ping us if we need to switch to an official channel on a different frequency, that's a few tics lower. Otherwise, this is short-range enough that we'll be the only ones on it."
"You first, then Saph next, since she's got better reflexes than me. Let's get goin'!"
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 am

Zythia chuckles as she zeroes in on the frequency with ease. "Alright, time to teach those ghosts a lesson."
She hefts her sword over her shoulder, marching ahead with it at the ready, just in case someone shows up out of nowhere. She keeps her grip tight, and her eyes and ears peeled for anything moving around in front of her as she progresses.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 am

Rounding the corner, Zythia is met with a great deal of flimsy-looking obstacles including brittle crystals and very bashable-seeming boxes that all stand chest-height. The spookats are conspicuously missing, Zythia can't even see them with her better perspective. Saph waited a moment, but Zythia knows she's got her back right now. Looks like all she can do here is start breaking her way through, being careful for traps.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 am

Zythia decides to stay at the wall, but nonetheless tries to approach one of the crystals to slash it with the sword. She has a feeling it's a trap, but she's planning to counter-ambush the inevitable ambush.
Ocfos

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games