HI I'M NEW :D

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

HI I'M NEW :D

Postby maratiny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:37 pm

hello I am new and I would like to make a flash game give me some tips

here are some of my drawings

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

64292947_p0.jpg
Daisy
20885105_158770024698457_1016704297_n.png
Peach

Thanks for your tips
maratiny

Re: HI I'M NEW :D

Postby evildumdum » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

You have a cute art style. My advice is stay the hell away from flash. It's a dead platform. I would advise you try either ren'py or unity.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby mrblah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm

nice to meet ya. i can't help you much on the flash game thing, but uh, hey, whatever you end up doing, just try hard long enough and you'll do it right.

also, nice art.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby maratiny » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:21 pm

evildumdum Wrote:You have a cute art style. My advice is stay the hell away from flash. It's a dead platform. I would advise you try either ren'py or unity.
maratiny

Postby maratiny » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm

mrblah Wrote:nice to meet ya. i can't help you much on the flash game thing, but uh, hey, whatever you end up doing, just try hard long enough and you'll do it right.

also, nice art.
maratiny

Postby Trninja2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Welcome, lovin the art style. Afraid i can't offer much on the development aspect as i am still new to it.
I guess find whatever program works for you and what type of game you want to develop, i hear good things about unity
but you'll have to know how to code. Best of luck
Damn i'm good!
You know u have a good game when you forget its a dirty game
Where am i?
Trninja2

Postby maratiny » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Trninja2 Wrote:Welcome, lovin the art style. Afraid i can't offer much on the development aspect as i am still new to it.
I guess find whatever program works for you and what type of game you want to develop, i hear good things about unity
but you'll have to know how to code. Best of luck
ok thanks :D
maratiny

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 pm

*peeps through the doorway*

hi
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 am

Besides being suicidal, Flash is expensive, if you aim to acquire it legitimately. Stencyl is free and good if you aren't familiar with programming. Stencyl does output an SWF file though. If you're not afraid of programming, there's FlashDevelop, which will allow you to make SWF files for free, but it's all coding. At one time, there was the Flixel library, which was designed to make blit engine games in SWF, but I don't know what's become of it.

GameMaker is not free, but cheaper than Flash and has "visual coding" like Stencyl (actually, I'm pretty sure Stencyl is based on GameMaker) There's RPG Maker, if you specifically want to make a JRPG with balloon headed pixel people, it's got a lot of content ready to use. There are various visual novel programs out there, like Renpy, but ugh, visual novels...

Unity is (mostly) free and comes with shitloads of stuff you can download, but some people find it overwhelming. Unity also has the PlayMaker add-on which supposedly allows you to make Unity games with "visual coding" like Stencyl and GameMaker, but I've never tried it. In general, Unity is set up to focus more on design and less on coding, but even though I'm more of an artist than a coder, this approach gets on my nerves.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby iBalls » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 am

Hey there. I'm new too. I know everyone says flash is just about dead, and it might be true, but I think if you wanna churn out a game real quick and just get it out there, it might be worth doing. You may not be able to work on it any longer once support for flash stops, but the swf will still be playable.
iBalls

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 pm

The flash program and swf format will still exist, the fear is that the plug-in which allows browsers to play swf will no longer be supported. Supposedly, you'll still be able to play flash games in swf emulators or something, but at that point, why bother using Flash?
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby maratiny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 pm

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:*peeps through the doorway*

hi

Hi XD
maratiny

Postby maratiny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Besides being suicidal, Flash is expensive, if you aim to acquire it legitimately. Stencyl is free and good if you aren't familiar with programming. Stencyl does output an SWF file though. If you're not afraid of programming, there's FlashDevelop, which will allow you to make SWF files for free, but it's all coding. At one time, there was the Flixel library, which was designed to make blit engine games in SWF, but I don't know what's become of it.

GameMaker is not free, but cheaper than Flash and has "visual coding" like Stencyl (actually, I'm pretty sure Stencyl is based on GameMaker) There's RPG Maker, if you specifically want to make a JRPG with balloon headed pixel people, it's got a lot of content ready to use. There are various visual novel programs out there, like Renpy, but ugh, visual novels...

Unity is (mostly) free and comes with shitloads of stuff you can download, but some people find it overwhelming. Unity also has the PlayMaker add-on which supposedly allows you to make Unity games with "visual coding" like Stencyl and GameMaker, but I've never tried it. In general, Unity is set up to focus more on design and less on coding, but even though I'm more of an artist than a coder, this approach gets on my nerves.

Thanks for the tip bro I'll try it on stencyl XD
maratiny

Postby maratiny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm

iBalls Wrote:Hey there. I'm new too. I know everyone says flash is just about dead, and it might be true, but I think if you wanna churn out a game real quick and just get it out there, it might be worth doing. You may not be able to work on it any longer once support for flash stops, but the swf will still be playable.

Thanks maybe you're right I'll try XD
maratiny

Postby maratiny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:48 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:The flash program and swf format will still exist, the fear is that the plug-in which allows browsers to play swf will no longer be supported. Supposedly, you'll still be able to play flash games in swf emulators or something, but at that point, why bother using Flash?

Well it's true I have some flash games on pc I'll try it in flash thanks XD
maratiny

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Maratiny, please don't post multiple times in a row. By using the quote function and copying the text over, you can combine your posts into a single one.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Blue_Chill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 am

Your art is super cute XD Keep up the good work!
Blue_Chill
Newly Registered

Postby maratiny » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Maratiny, please don't post multiple times in a row. By using the quote function and copying the text over, you can combine your posts into a single one.

ok sorry

Blue_Chill Wrote:Your art is super cute XD Keep up the good work!

Thank XD the game is going to have my art
maratiny

Nice art!

Postby hornyninja » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Nice art style! You could make a killing doing artwork for developers :o
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Randomizer4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Looks good :)
Welcome to this community! Looking forward to seeing more from you c: good luck with development
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Next

Return to General