The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm

EyeOfCthulhu Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:You found that also, huh? I've considered looking at his Patreon page for new versions (seeing as new versions on these forums appear to be going the same route as Simply Mindy, meaning no updates on the forums stating there is a new version), but don't have a directly link & adult-related Patreon pages tend to be hard to find due to being unlisted...

Here you go: https://www.patreon.com/simbro

I eventually found it yesterday by having the search find some comments on the page, not the page itself, but thanks (at least I know the page URL is simple enough to remember now thanks to your response). Although I couldn't find a downloadable version on the Patreon page itself, the only downloads I could find was on the Blogspot developer blog (found it interesting there was an Android version).
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby wahnsinn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:17 am

Surmolex Wrote:So, I'm having a problem with one of alice dates, I get to this moment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

and I can't choose ane option, I click on them and I the game doesn't respond. Can anyone help me with this?

You're not doing anything wrong. This is a bug and it cannot be avoided as far as I know.
The same type of "freeze" bug has been happening in other events as well, and SOME of them they fixed, others are being ignored. No idea what they're thinking, adding new content and leaving game-breaking old bugs in there.

(For reference, my latest played version is 2.4a; they *MIGHT* have fixed it by now, but I doubt it)
wahnsinn
Newly Registered

Postby coolness32 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:09 pm

wahnsinn Wrote:
Surmolex Wrote:So, I'm having a problem with one of alice dates, I get to this moment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

and I can't choose ane option, I click on them and I the game doesn't respond. Can anyone help me with this?

You're not doing anything wrong. This is a bug and it cannot be avoided as far as I know.
The same type of "freeze" bug has been happening in other events as well, and SOME of them they fixed, others are being ignored. No idea what they're thinking, adding new content and leaving game-breaking old bugs in there.

(For reference, my latest played version is 2.4a; they *MIGHT* have fixed it by now, but I doubt it)

I have 2.4b and that bug still happens.
coolness32

Postby stmt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 am

can you give a place where we can find the 2.4 b? please
stmt
Newly Registered

Postby liger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 am

the new version 2.5 will be released hopefully within the next day, so 2.4 will be uploaded here as well hopefully
liger
Newly Registered

Postby HugelDude » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 pm

liger Wrote:the new version 2.5 will be released hopefully within the next day, so 2.4 will be uploaded here as well hopefully

aaaaaaaand they delayed it for 7 days.

Looks like this game is taking the Breeding Season route.
HugelDude

Postby Ungawa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:02 am

At this point, I expected a delay. XD
Ungawa

Postby HugelDude » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Ungawa Wrote:At this point, I expected a delay. XD

Not sure why they even bother with a timer if they always delay it last minute.

Plus constantly delaying the game just to add in a few more animations is a real kick in the dick to the Patreon supporters considering the last update they got was a broke unfinished mess.
HugelDude

Postby kainpen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 am

I think the 2.3b Version new years event is bugged out. I got to the event and got costumes but the lets do it option is grayed out? So it will not run. Maybe I am missing something.
kainpen
Newly Registered

Postby kingofbrocoli » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Starting to look obvious that whomever did the actual programming before is out of commission or removed by whomever is receiving the money and that one is milking this as long as he can We can once again see a new image dump, with no actual proof of concept or development. Static Image assets are typically far ahead of the code assets. Hell taking a deeper look to the game makes seems really obvious that they are reverting to older code to get something out, and also explains why the last release was laughably unstable.
kingofbrocoli

Postby HugelDude » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

kingofbrocoli Wrote:Starting to look obvious that whomever did the actual programming before is out of commission or removed by whomever is receiving the money and that one is milking this as long as he can We can once again see a new image dump, with no actual proof of concept or development. Static Image assets are typically far ahead of the code assets. Hell taking a deeper look to the game makes seems really obvious that they are reverting to older code to get something out, and also explains why the last release was laughably unstable.

If you go to their patreon and read the comments you can see a lot of people are either canceling their support for them, changing their donations to 1$ or reporting them for fraud.
HugelDude

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

A shame to hear about support being pulled, but at this point in time no-one can say it's premature.

They had from about June to get themselves in order, after all, and they just can't seem to hit their deadlines.

Maybe they should consider switching to a "per release" payment schedule, until they get back into their earlier condition of releasing good updates reliably.

Well, whatever they should do, I recall a rule stating that these forums weren't the place to complain about donation-related monetary misfortunes, so I'll be still.

(Even though I haven't donated or anything, I like the game's concept so much that I feel a bit personally saddened to see it dying off.)
Lucky777

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Well, nothing lasts forever. I don't think they ever intended for the game to be "finished", so it's inevitable that the end of the game will come at an awkward time.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby napala » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 pm

I started to suspect something fishy from them since they stopped doing translations, a long time ago.
napala

Postby Trninja2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 am

Marune hasn't been here in awhile either.
Damn i'm good!
You know u have a good game when you forget its a dirty game
Where am i?
Trninja2

Postby Dongman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 am

I am quite saddened by this
Dongman

Postby Ungawa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Dongman Wrote:I am quite saddened by this

You might as well break out the popcorn, because this just can't continue forever and a day. Whatever relationship has broken, or whatever is happening behind the scenes will eventually come out in public and this will have to be resolved in one way or another.

The game has some major issues under the hood. Arguably, I'd say it needs to be put into Unity and redone. But it's a nice little game that should have ended with Alice being loyal to the MC in some form while the FC needed some sprucing up. There's also expanding all the parts of the game and making the combat worthy.

Whatever is going on though, it's too much. Too much for this team to do.

I honestly don't think that Simbro can go on much longer. Not with all the issues coming out. It's sounding like a Gearbox fiasco and that's saying something...
Ungawa

Postby Zobo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am

I find similarities between this and Breeding Season to be fascinating.

In both cases the developers stopped reading stuff in here, stopped listening to criticism and suggestions.

In both cases they developed other neat stuff while the core gameplay needed boring but necessary improvements nothing was done about.

Updates got a bit late then more so and less info was given about them.

Then, silence.

I am really starting to wonder if getting Patreon money kills these projects...
Zobo

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:14 pm

This is why I'm against this notion of the Endless Game. The Patreon system kind of encourages developers to avoid finishing the game and just work endlessly on the same project. One of the most important things you should do for a game is to define its finishing condition. When is the game done, both for developer and the player. SimBro and Breeding Season made some awesome content, but ultimately not having a finishing condition means they are never finished.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Ungawa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Zobo Wrote:I am really starting to wonder if getting Patreon money kills these projects...

No, you're seeing this more because the adult gaming industry is burgeoning. If you want to see the same things, look into gaming history and the fallout from the 80s to 90s or 90s to the new millenium. Now we have EA and other titans that take more money than they give back.

Patreon is but one business model. You get a lot of people that aren't savvy about their money and try to find a decent hussle in some form or fashion. But eventually, there's a bust and a shakeup as relationships change in the industry.

This is why I'm against this notion of the Endless Game. The Patreon system kind of encourages developers to avoid finishing the game and just work endlessly on the same project. One of the most important things you should do for a game is to define its finishing condition. When is the game done, both for developer and the player. SimBro and Breeding Season made some awesome content, but ultimately not having a finishing condition means they are never finished.

As it stands, I find Simbro to be a decent game but it really needed a lot of work. I think that Strumpets is a good alternative albeit different. But I do find that Simbro going belly up as Flash is going dead kind of telling... The main problem was that they indeed needed finishing conditions. But they also needed teams to complete them and that wasn't happening given the resources they could pull.

Anyway, I'm ranting now and I'll stop.
Ungawa

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects