Pokemon Evil Grammar Fix

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Pokemon Evil Grammar Fix

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:44 am

I was going to stay out of this but I just want to voice a thought/opinion.

As I have told Fancypants and Hunden multiple times, we never wanted to shut down Pokemon Evil and encouraged Hunden to continue on. We're sorry to see he's letting it die and hope someone does pick up the game in his stead.

However, I'd rather not see Evil and Tiny Adventure combined. I don't see the two finding a good medium together as the two follow completely different stories, themes and will likely feature different play styles. I personally would like to see the essence of Evil stay intact even if the story and everything else is overhauled. And that's the player acting as the antagonist and working for Team Rocket, to counteract the story of Ash and/or Red. I don't think Tiny Adventure could stay true to that, at least not to the same level of Evil.
Dapper Gent

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:44 am

well the way that i was thinking of doing it is that evil is the flip side of tiny and there would be some comman monster or something. i mean i'm gonna be adding a rick and morty pocket morty easter egg so if you put that into the mix there is no telling how close the games might actuly be. i'm not sure i still like the idea of having the games together so if anything i could make evil be a cameo in tiny and build on evil as we work on something else so like have evil be a mini game for tiny or whatever. we're still working on the story so it can easly be difrent then what you think. and we're still trying to come up with good ideas for the game so anything can go right now.
Humadragon2016

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:47 am

I'm not a fan of the idea myself, as you've seen. :P

I have another idea but I'll hold on to it for awhile and see what happens here. I don't want to see Pokemon Evil die off but I also don't want to seem opportunistic at the moment.
Dapper Gent

Postby Heath0069 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm

If so let's not go too evil. If so at least lets have good weapons to fight with
Heath0069

Postby NCFancypants » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Heath0069 Wrote:If so let's not go too evil. If so at least lets have good weapons to fight with

I got you covered! Now...where'd I put my mini-nuke launche-I mean ultra mythical super legendary pokemon god?...>.>...It's TOTALLY a pokemon...promise.
NCFancypants

Postby Heath0069 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:44 pm

What weapons can we add to fight against this evil ?
Heath0069

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 pm

not sure yet tho we might want val to help if we are adding weps and not just poke'mon. but from what i've seen in the game it's mostly team rocket ruling the world.

one thing is for sure tho we'll have better drawings for poke'mon evil. hunden wasn't much of an artist.
Humadragon2016

Postby Heath0069 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Silent E may help
Heath0069

Postby Humadragon2016 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 pm

yea that's what i was going for heath....
Humadragon2016

Postby Heath0069 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Humadragon2016 Wrote:yea that's what i was going for heath....

:D
Heath0069

Postby Humadragon2016 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Heath0069 Wrote:
Humadragon2016 Wrote:yea that's what i was going for heath....

:D

Meowth quit corupting my partner! :lol: (now THAT be funny in the game)
Humadragon2016

Postby AlphaGammaZX » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 am

Kinda wish that I could program or I would've take a stab at it but I don't know how :3

Or would I know where to start. I wasn't really a fan of how evil started. Maybe create a whole new character than Ash. My idea of a beginning is the MC not getting up in time for his/her starter pokemon and getting made fun of because of that. Giovanni seeing this decides to give the MC their very first pokemon (a choice of three pokemon like ninoran male or female, Eevee, or dratini are some examples). The MC decides to join Team Rocket a little while later in thanks to Giovanni.

That would be my idea of how to start the game but I'm sure someone would say that they wouldn't like it LoL
AlphaGammaZX

Postby NCFancypants » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:39 am

I agree, I don't like the start that much. It's not 'Bad' but it's not really 'Good', either. But your idea doesn't really click with me either. The 'Gets up late, misses their chance, and gets made fun of' is fine, I just can't really see Giovanni deciding to help a random kid. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. Joining team rocket to get back at the bullies is a good way to do it. Start as a grunt, face off against your bullies, build yourself up until you're at the level the MC is in Evil (Top of the food chain elite).

So, all in all I'd agree with your change to the start of the game, but without Giovanni being directly involved.
NCFancypants

Postby AlphaGammaZX » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 am

I was just trying to piece together why the MC would join Team Rocket. It could be hinted that Giovanni is your father and that's the reason why he did what he did. I was just piecing something together to make sense of why the MC would join TR. I know it's not the best start to think of but I think it would make more sense than just having the MC say "Yeah I'll join TR for the hell of it". Yeah the sense of the MC getting back at the bullies ESPECIALLY Gary Oak.
NCFancypants Wrote:I agree, I don't like the start that much. It's not 'Bad' but it's not really 'Good', either. But your idea doesn't really click with me either. The 'Gets up late, misses their chance, and gets made fun of' is fine, I just can't really see Giovanni deciding to help a random kid. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. Joining team rocket to get back at the bullies is a good way to do it. Start as a grunt, face off against your bullies, build yourself up until you're at the level the MC is in Evil (Top of the food chain elite).

So, all in all I'd agree with your change to the start of the game, but without Giovanni being directly involved.
AlphaGammaZX

Postby NCFancypants » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:40 pm

And as for the starter pokemon:

I don't know how to change that. You'd need to have a sprite for it to follow you around, at least. But there are plenty of poke-sprites so that's not a huge deal. But if you're a grunt in TR, then the pokemon I think of the most for them is Rattata, Ekans, Koffing, or Zubat.

Those are the most common pokemon you see TR grunts using, so they would make the most sense as a starter when joining TR. Though, if you're going for the 'Giovanni is your dad' route, a special selection makes sense, if he wants to spoil his child.
NCFancypants

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

hmm...we could probly work on something like that. tho i was thinking of having a difrent way to start basicly ash is done losing all the time and gets corupted with grife. as the game gose on it's like he's a difrent person up to when he over throws giovani i'm still trying to think of how i want it to go down tho.
Humadragon2016

Postby AlphaGammaZX » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

I would prefer not to use Ash. Just to have something different. And the starter Pokémon I was trying to think of some that would help you progress the game better than weak tier Pokémon that you would want to get rid of right away. You know what I mean? I rather see an original MC that's Giovanni's secret love child and whatnot
AlphaGammaZX

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 pm

hmm...we could probly do something along those lines. tho for just evil we got plans to change ash a bit in tiny. and we're basily keeping it ash for tiny so we can use his mom.
Humadragon2016

Postby AlphaGammaZX » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 pm

I think we can use his mom without using him. I mean from what I got, she's a slut anyways. I think she's clingy too so we could always have a minigame to where you have to escape from her or be doomed to be her slave forever LoL
AlphaGammaZX

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 am

LOL hmm maybe have her be like a boss or something
Humadragon2016

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects