Roleplaying Discussion

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Roleplaying Discussion

Postby Uproarious Ash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:24 pm

New here to actual roleplay discussion, I looked through all the first-page threads and found a bunch of things that looked full. I'm planning on reading through a bit of the backlog on some of 'em then trying my paw at a character sheet, hopefully somewhere playing something non-human isn't going to get me DQd. Anyway, just posting to see if anyone was actively looking for players for something and was having trouble finding them, I'm here and I've got, eh, enough experience with RP to be worthwhile.

My availability is: basically all the time.

My fetishes include: Everything. Some people say that, but I mean it more than most. The outer limits of what I'll play basically includes death (but only if it's permanent, heheh) and underage characters, outside of that I'm willing to play with anything. Very likely, though, it'll never go that far, unless we're doing something one-on-one.

For settings, I really enjoy post-apocalyptic or inter-apocalyptic settings and stories, ranging all throughout time, I.E. a range from Dark Souls to Fallout to Horizon: Zero Dawn, for references. The most interesting setting for me is apocalyptic low-fantasy, the least is political high-fantasy, and basically everything in between is good for me.

As mentioned, I tend not to play humans, or really most furless humanoids. I'm alright playing all sorts of weird biology, I can play a sentient feral wolf without flinching, but I prefer furries, naturally. I'm assuming that won't be a problem here, but you'd be surprised how often it causes problems when people want nothing more bizarre than the default human/elf/dwarf setup. I will play by your rules to the best of my ability, as long as I can play a character I have fun with at the same time.

Thanks. Time to go lurking!
Uproarious Ash

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Mowing over whether or not I make a foray into group roleplaying. At the moment, I'm more stuck on what idea I'd pursue if I did. As it stands now, I'm thinking of either doing a fairly standard Pokemon roleplay, including the typical "trainers get fucked by their mons" gimmick, or a Star Wars roleplay set between SWTOR and the prequel trilogy. The latter would focus around a group of Jedi Shadows sent to investigate signs of the dark side on a planet, whom end up falling prey to the insidious and corrupting forces present.
Ze Blitzkrieg

Postby Uproarious Ash » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Ze Blitzkrieg Wrote:Mowing over whether or not I make a foray into group roleplaying. At the moment, I'm more stuck on what idea I'd pursue if I did. As it stands now, I'm thinking of either doing a fairly standard Pokemon roleplay, including the typical "trainers get fucked by their mons" gimmick, or a Star Wars roleplay set between SWTOR and the prequel trilogy. The latter would focus around a group of Jedi Shadows sent to investigate signs of the dark side on a planet, whom end up falling prey to the insidious and corrupting forces present.

Quoting and posting to show interest in both of those ideas. Though the first is more in my wheelhouse of understanding, the second still sounds like fun, even despite my personal desire to never make myself an alicorn- I mean, Jedi OC. I could still be a kind of tag-along, and I'd be interested in exploring the universe as you see it versus my own knowledge. Besides, I always like the sound of 'insidious and corrupting forces'.
Uproarious Ash

Postby MelissaB » Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 am

Okay so much to my own misgivings I'll be opening a new vampire rp, less players so it's more manageable and starting out stronger than last time, most will be explained in the thread when it's up but thought I'd toss the little notice out here if anyone is interested. It also comes with an apology for the players from the old one.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby mrblah » Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 pm

thought it'd be best if i put this here. both to see if there'd be any interest and also because i don't want to forget this idea.

basically, i had the idea of making an rp about all the characters ending up in a group dream involving a mansion, the master of the mansion (played by yours truly), a bunch of mansion mischief, and who knows what other wacky stuff. it'd involve a game-like system that all of the characters would be aware of, and the goal would be to find the master of the mansion and free yourself from the dream. there'd be a pvp system (because obviously there's gonna be some of that in there), bunch of mechanics involving a d20, other stuff. i've got some other ideas for it, and i'm alright writing up some background info and detailing the actual appearance of the mansion.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby mrblah » Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 pm

ah, never mind. just saw midnight mansion's ooc. it's similar enough that this idea isn't all that valuable.

i've got a better one, anyhow. it's still similar to my mansion idea, using similar mechanics and needing a die with a pvp system, but a bit more wide-spread, longer, more dramatic, and no mansion.
mrblah

Postby Ocfos » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 pm

I'd been wondering if anyone would want to run something for me and my friend Cliff_Racer together. We've had a bit of bad luck finding a GM in the past, but we're both very active users, and we'd love to do something if the chance arises.
Ocfos

Postby RavenLord » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello people! I am planning to restart Blood Bowl RP wihch exalted started with complete new rules and such. For those of you don't know Blood Bowl is a fantasy football game that takes place on Warhammer Fantasy world. From savage orcs to hulking barbarians, nimble elves and diseased skavens, many different races face off against each other in a stadium, playing a game reminiscent of american football, except much more violent with less emphasis on things like ethics or morals. Cheating is common and bribery is rampant. Game itself is extremely dangerous as it is common for players to get injured, crippled or even die on the pitch. Even off the pitch, players aren't safe as they have to deal with rabid fans, acts of subterfuge and even assassination attempts, all for in name of fame and fortune.

As you might have guessed. I am planning for this game to be a story of your characters both on and off the pitch. On pitch sections will be short and fast, consisting of total 16 turns of posting, not counting half time break sections. Off pitch sections will be longer and will be slower in tempo as you will explore the life of a blood bowl player through the eyes of your characters.

Now, one thing i require is highly active players. I need people that can post at least once a day or more when game is "on pitch". Don't let that scare you though, "on pitch" sections will be relatively light on roleplaying and will focus more on the game.

I need at least 3 people before i start so tell me if you are interested.

I am also open to discussion and suggestions.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:41 pm

I currently have an RP open, and I'm looking for more applications. It's a fantasy steampunk RP, and I need 2-3 more people.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8429

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Mashugana » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Guys! Guys! I have an idea!

An Emoji Movie roleplay!

It'd be so topical and modern compared to our usual dreary old Fallouts and Skyrims and Orcs and Princesses fodder!

It's not because I had to watch it with a friend for the meme and being the spiteful person that I am I want to drag as many people down with me as I can after watching it.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:38 am

Um... hi! I'm actually not sure how many people here remember me. I pretty much straight up disappeared a couple of years ago. I won't depress anyone with details because I was in a pretty dark point in my life at that point. But I guess I'm back now.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby MelissaB » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:12 am

Wrong thread but heya Misc, glad you're feeling ebtter
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby that man » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm

MiscChaos Wrote:Um... hi! I'm actually not sure how many people here remember me. I pretty much straight up disappeared a couple of years ago. I won't depress anyone with details because I was in a pretty dark point in my life at that point. But I guess I'm back now.

Oh hey, it is you. Guys, Misc Chaos is back, we can finally continue that one game!

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're back.
that man

Postby Nobudi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:58 pm

\o/ Misc ;_;
I've missed you
Nobudi

Postby Rand » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Mashugana Wrote:Guys! Guys! I have an idea!

An Emoji Movie roleplay!

It'd be so topical and modern compared to our usual dreary old Fallouts and Skyrims and Orcs and Princesses fodder!

It's not because I had to watch it with a friend for the meme and being the spiteful person that I am I want to drag as many people down with me as I can after watching it.

This is an evil idea to even joke about, but at the same time I've seen stranger canons get active role plays going in the past.
Rand

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Would anyone be interested in an RP like Dead by Daylight, only not as murder-y? GM or a willing player would play as the Killer (Rapist in this case) and the others would be the survivors, trying to activate generators to escape the Rapist's dungeon. It'd be the same basic formula of 1 Rapist vs 4 Survivors so when enough people signed up there'd be several different groups going at the same time.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:09 am

yeah, i'd be interested.
mrblah

Postby MelissaB » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 am

interested

MelissaB

Postby Nobudi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:36 am

Asymmetric warfare game? Gonna be a bitch to balance, but I'd be down too.
Nobudi

Postby Mark3000 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Sounds like fun, I'd be up for it.
Mark3000

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character