PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby Saika » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:54 am

So....I've grabbed the newest version, and it actually works for me this time(an older version I tried to play wouldn't work at all sadly), but I can't get campsites to work. I interact with the campsite, get the prompt to set up camp yes/no, but picking either option does nothing. I have to hit the cancel button to make the box dissapear, and can't get it to camp at all. Is this a known issue? Is there some workaround? I am running WIndows 10 and just using the game.exe version instead of the browser versions, if that matters.
Saika

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Saika Wrote:So....I've grabbed the newest version, and it actually works for me this time(an older version I tried to play wouldn't work at all sadly), but I can't get campsites to work. I interact with the campsite, get the prompt to set up camp yes/no, but picking either option does nothing. I have to hit the cancel button to make the box dissapear, and can't get it to camp at all. Is this a known issue? Is there some workaround? I am running WIndows 10 and just using the game.exe version instead of the browser versions, if that matters.

did you move the action key from spacebar, for if you did, you need to still press space for yes or no still before the text box disappers. Trust me, I know how annoying that is but that is just one of the many issues with Humbird0's engine.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Saika » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:28 pm

I did move it from spacebar, since I use a controller. Okay thank you, I'll try that and see if it works!
Saika

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Moosen Wrote:Cool game. I'm not sure if you have already answered this, but i'm having trouble finding a way to not make Bay start out in a fight. Is there a way to switch Pokemon around in the Pokemon inventory? If not, is there a possibility to add this feature in the future? Also, I have found a bug in the Viridian Forest. It is when Bay asks Eevee to use her nose and sniff the correct path. The game bugs out and nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Unfortunately Bay is stuck at the front of the party. We'll be changing this in the new program when we remove trainers from the roster. Not sure what to tell you about the Eevee bug though. That's the first I've heard about that one. Is that from the most recent download?

DCHIV Wrote:Didn't know if you guys would want it or if it would save you some time but I rehashed the ekans back.png to make a pretty good (In my opinion) dragonair image just because. JUst thouht I'd leave it here so you could use it if you want to :D. If not It was all just for fun just wanted to try making something like this.
back.png

If I decide to use that then you definitely saved me about an hour and a half of work. After all the art I've done and still plan on doing, I thank you for that hour and half I can take to reflect on the other works when I get to that point. :lol: Though if I use it or not depends on if I edit Dragonair when I get there.

Moosen Wrote:Cool game! I have two concerns though. First concern is a game breaking bug in the forest. It's where Eevee is asked to choose a path. After Eevee is asked and sniffs around, the game freezes and the game cannot continue. I'm not sure if this was answered, but is there a way to swap Pokemon in the inventory so Bay doesn't have to always battle first? I haven't found a way to do so. Thanks!

Was....this a double post or...?

Saika Wrote:I did move it from spacebar, since I use a controller. Okay thank you, I'll try that and see if it works!

Hopefully that worked for you.
Dapper Gent

Postby Moosen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 pm

I am currently playing on the most recent version, yes. I'm sorry for the double post, I didn't know I had to wait a bit for the post to go through, so I impulsively made another post.
Moosen
Newly Registered

Postby arrammos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:Added in the completed sets for Dewgong, Drowzee, Gastly, Gengar, Grimer, Haunter, Hypno and Muk.
Redid the front for Drowzee, Gastly and Hypno.

Added Birdkeeper Male, Eager Anne, MESA Grunt Female, MESA Grunt Male, Prime Grunt Female, Prime Grunt Male, Rocket Grunt Female1, Rocket Enforcer, Rocket Grunt Female2, Rocket Grunt Male, Sailor Female. All but the first two and the Sailor Female were done by White Vine.

Warning: Actual Spoilers
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sets completed but not listed. Queen Beedrill, Prankster Haunter.

Would it be possible to add this kind of update log/list to the OP? It would be nice to be able to see the recent changes without digging through pages of the thread.

Also, it might be possible to get in touch with another artist or two through Reddit, in a sub like reddit.com/r/nsfwgaming , reddit.com/r/lewdgames , or reddit.com/r/nsfwdev .
arrammos

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 pm

I'll check that out.

Well, I could update the main post with it but it'd be a wasted effort seeing as I'd still have to bump the thread to alert everyone to the update anyway.
Dapper Gent

Postby Saika » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 pm

It did work, everything's fine now~ Thanks for the answer!
Saika

Postby Diamonikon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:39 pm

For some reason my Flash cookie deleted itself..is that what you meant with "Save game is Faulty" ? shoudl i save to clipboard?
Also teh Menu button doesnt work for me.
Diamonikon
Newly Registered

Postby topdog154 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 pm

So I have gotten to the point where you cannot pass through the tunnel due to there being bugs and the repair person is there. When will the next update come out, and will my past save still work if I have the clipboard save file?
topdog154
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 am

Diamonikon Wrote:For some reason my Flash cookie deleted itself..is that what you meant with "Save game is Faulty" ? shoudl i save to clipboard?
Also teh Menu button doesnt work for me.

Yes. Save to clipboard as the flash cookie is very finicky.

topdog154 Wrote:So I have gotten to the point where you cannot pass through the tunnel due to there being bugs and the repair person is there. When will the next update come out, and will my past save still work if I have the clipboard save file?

No. If you look through the previous page or two you'll find that we've officially stopped building in the current editor to focus on getting our own program up and running. The saves will not transfer into the new program though we'll be overhauling the maps, gameplay and other things to the point where it would be a good idea to start over from the beginning any way.
Dapper Gent

Postby topdog154 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 am

I love how this version is better than the original "Pokemon Hentai Version" just because the sprites are well made, and the main character isn't dull like Ash. I have also had points in playing the latest version; the game every-now-and-then glitches out when I hold down the shift button to speed through dialog, and sometimes after I used a pokeball the game got rid of all of my pokeballs in my inventory.
topdog154
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am

Both are known issues with the current engine. In those moments where the dialogue glitches, don't speed through it and it'll work just fine. We're still trying to figure out what's happening with the pokeballs. So far I'm the only one on the team that has experienced that.
Dapper Gent

Postby surothedeath » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:44 pm

sorry for my english
i have few questian
can pokemon envold?
is ther to get more fan art?
can you get all you mean or do you need to steel them?
surothedeath

Postby Nightmare » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Okay so, don't kill me, but I renamed the file and am still getting a black screen when I try to play the latest version.
Nightmare

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:31 pm

@surothedeath You are intended to be able to catch all wild pokemon with pokeballs as normal (though we're having some issues with them vanishing, and no clue why). Fan art is deliberately rare because it allows you to steal most trainer pokemon and thus fill out your collection much faster and earlier than the original games (beedrill, for instance, cannot be caught, but pinsir can). Yes, certain pokemon can evolve at this stage, but we aren't happy with the evolution system in the current engine, which was a driving factor in our new urgency to come out with our own engine.

@Nightmare Renamed the file? This shouldn't still be an issue. Flash was having problems with the accented e in the folder name, but we removed that before the latest version. It's possible that by renaming a file, you broke something in humbird's actionscript. Did you rename it as a solution to a problem that existed with the direct download or did you rename it before trying to open it?
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Nightmare » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:48 pm

ValturNaa Wrote:@surothedeath You are intended to be able to catch all wild pokemon with pokeballs as normal (though we're having some issues with them vanishing, and no clue why). Fan art is deliberately rare because it allows you to steal most trainer pokemon and thus fill out your collection much faster and earlier than the original games (beedrill, for instance, cannot be caught, but pinsir can). Yes, certain pokemon can evolve at this stage, but we aren't happy with the evolution system in the current engine, which was a driving factor in our new urgency to come out with our own engine.

@Nightmare Renamed the file? This shouldn't still be an issue. Flash was having problems with the accented e in the folder name, but we removed that before the latest version. It's possible that by renaming a file, you broke something in humbird's actionscript. Did you rename it as a solution to a problem that existed with the direct download or did you rename it before trying to open it?

It was a pre-existing problem that renaming it didn't fix.
Nightmare

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Try doanloading the game again and see if that helps. The newest version shouldn't be having that problem.
Dapper Gent

Postby Nightmare » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:Try doanloading the game again and see if that helps. The newest version shouldn't be having that problem.

The black screen persists. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am:

1. Downloading it
2. Selecting "open"
3. Opening it in 7zip
4. Clicking the folder to open it
5. Clicking "game.exe"
Nightmare

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 am

Ok, going to take a jab at this, either your not uncompressing the file or maybe don't open using 7-Zip but just the normal file explore.
Reason I bring this up, just downloaded it again myself, uncompressed it, and it runs as smooth as it always has.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects