Tentacles Thrive v4

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Always a Good Business Deal + Tentacles Thrive

Postby Nobudi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Love the art for both pieces. Animations and art look so crisp.
I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors with Tentacles Thrive.
Nobudi

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:38 am

Strange... Could have sworn he posted some art on this page, guess the post got deleted... :?
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby musical74 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 am

He posted who some of his team is and had some artwork, why that got deleted I'm not sure

Something else: when you do updates and as it gets closer to a working demo, don't promise people it'll be ready by a given day. Better to say *It should be ready on July 31st* than say *it WILL be ready on July 31st* and discover that you can't make that promise because of coding issues. Yeah, this sounds like common sense, but I've seen too many developers promise a deadline and then miss it (sometimes by MONTHS)
musical74

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:14 am

There were a lot of links the co-workers materials that weren't related to the current game development. I know that LoK likes to block any links to Patreon, so they might have decided the whole thing was too advertisey.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Yea sorry I took it down. After some consideration, being high profile with a link to a reputable portfolio might put people' career at risk.

The monsters graphic, however, are sharable~
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Nobudi Wrote:Love the art for both pieces. Animations and art look so crisp.
I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors with Tentacles Thrive.

Hey, thank you for the encourgement~

musical74 Wrote:When you do updates and as it gets closer to a working demo, don't promise people it'll be ready by a given day. Better to say *It should be ready on July 31st* than say *it WILL be ready on July 31st* and discover that you can't make that promise because of coding issues. Yeah, this sounds like common sense, but I've seen too many developers promise a deadline and then miss it (sometimes by MONTHS)

Great advice. I do this when I am being asked to do house chores, by replacing all the "will" with "should" ^^
Nonoplayer

Postby evildumdum » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 pm

As a fellow developer that also fell into this trap, i advise against giving public self imposed deadlines at all. As long as you update regularly and communicate with those following your progress, the exact dates should not be an issue.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Nonoplayer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:27 am

evildumdum Wrote:As a fellow developer that also fell into this trap, i advise against giving public self imposed deadlines at all. As long as you update regularly and communicate with those following your progress, the exact dates should not be an issue.

Agree, many things can happen in life that can impact the schedule. I still want the public to know the ideal range of dates, but perhaps not hard dates.
Last edited by Nonoplayer on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Just want to share an Ally Tier 1 Defense, Inker! For those who are interested, all monster arts were separated into layers when designed by Augustinas, which is to facilitate the best 2.5D effect when doing animation. This one takes up 5 layers, but in "Always a Good Business Deal" for example, some scenes can take 15-20 layers, depending on the number of body parts that needed motion.

A lore is to help players to locate the species throughout the map or the Tentacles Secret Garden. It also might provide insight into the creature's habits or behavior, which helps Lilith to build a relationship when the species has any intelligence.

Lore
Sly and slimy, a creature of defenses this one is. Preferring the warm and damp places of the world, it employs a number of ‘fluids’ in its defense. So sure in its safeguards is it, that it has adopted using itself as bait for both finding food and sexual partners. Sometimes even pretending to be wounded. Once lured in, the victim suddenly finds themselves wrapped in myriad tentacles, bound and at the creatures mercy. Once done with a sexual partner, the beast sprays down the area with its slippery ejaculate, making pursuit impossible as it makes its escape. These creatures derive their dominance from the slick sounds they make during copulation. The wetter, the better, as it was.
Nonoplayer

Postby Darthjake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Trying out your completed game now, looking forward to see what you do with Tentacles Thrive.
Darthjake

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 am

I have been looking to get into 2.5D - what do you use? Spine?
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Nonoplayer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 am

Darthjake Wrote:Trying out your completed game now, looking forward to see what you do with Tentacles Thrive.

Hope you enjoy the fingers workout XD

GoRepeat Wrote:I have been looking to get into 2.5D - what do you use? Spine?

I use Blender or After Effects. Blender is free but the processes are more time consuming. Search Duduf if you look into After Effects.

I have heard good things with Spine! Do you have some experience with it? Would love to do some comparison.
Nonoplayer

Postby Firefall » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:28 am

Tried out AaGBD, had some trouble with the mechanics of it, but the art's pretty great. Looking forward to seeing Tentacles Thrive come out, ever since I played Noxian Nights I've been rather more into tentacles than I was before lol.
Firefall

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Firefall Wrote:Tried out AaGBD, had some trouble with the mechanics of it, but the art's pretty great. Looking forward to seeing Tentacles Thrive come out, ever since I played Noxian Nights I've been rather more into tentacles than I was before lol.

Haha, welcome aboard. Now I have to do some googling on this Noxian Nights game :D Is it about tentacles too?
Nonoplayer

Postby Firefall » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Nonoplayer Wrote:
Firefall Wrote:Tried out AaGBD, had some trouble with the mechanics of it, but the art's pretty great. Looking forward to seeing Tentacles Thrive come out, ever since I played Noxian Nights I've been rather more into tentacles than I was before lol.

Haha, welcome aboard. Now I have to do some googling on this Noxian Nights game :D Is it about tentacles too?

Well, it's about a bunch of League of Legends girls, mostly, but there's a tooooon of fantastic content in it and there's a decent amount of tentacle stuff in it. One of the 5 main endings is like, over a dozen tentacle scenes. It's on this forum if you search up top.
Firefall

Postby Nonoplayer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:22 am

Did some browsing, might try it out during weekend XD

But as a Dota player, I have to admit LoL characters design are more appealing, even to non-players.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:41 am

Dubois Lore
Stealth, patience, and cunning are what Dubois uses to thwart its prey. Thus, after pouncing upon their victims from a place of hiding, they simply wait. Once the prone quarry opens their mouth to scream (or talk) they strike. Their reproductive organ is long and flexible, but also quite supple, perfect for penetrating orally. After thrusting deeply, the beast deposits a healthy load directly into the victim's stomach. Their sperm thrives in acidic environments, hence the stomach is a perfect incubation chamber for their young. Obviously, this is a highly unusual method of procreation, and can, therefore, be quite uncomfortable for the expectant ‘mother’. The creature itself retains this preference for acidic environments, and can often be found in places most other creatures would not dare tread.

We are in a process of acquiring a talented animator to join and help us on animation. I will confirm it in the future if things go well. Other than that, it's been fun creating tentacle species for different genres! We have about 30 right now, including anus lover, foam like sperm, tentacles with scales, mating dance, hypnosis etc. Really, anything imagination goes. I am thinking to let the community decides or suggests a small portion of the genres, if that sounds like something entertainable.
Nonoplayer

Postby Firefall » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:01 am

Huh. That sure is an animation. I guess if nothing else I'll be seeing something new when TT comes out lol.
Firefall

Postby noizyknight » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am

Tentacles Thrive looks like its going to be a smash hit. Maybe in later stages you can add trigger events where there's more than 1 monster going to town on her to make stronger tier 2 units or champions? You can cover an extra fetish and make a game that has more layers to it. The art part of it might require some time though but just an idea because your art looks GORGEOUS. It's better that the ones on western TV (beats some anime ones too but the game's art style is clearly western so harder to compare there).
noizyknight

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks, the arts are mostly my teammates' effort, but I will surely tell them the good words you have for them.

Although we won't have two different species going down on her, there will be some tentacle species that live as multi-organisms. One of them for example, can be a tentacle parasite that infests a particular type of monster, and the mating scene will have them both in action. I love gang scene as much as anyone, so I won't miss the opporunity to create one of the ultimate fantasy :D
Nonoplayer

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects