LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth [UNITY] Demo launched! (Jul 16th)

Postby kuja » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:53 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:So how far does this Demo go? because I can get outside the room and explore the hall...but that's it. Can't get into the rec, elevator, or storage hall.

It's a really short demo, but you can still travel to the tribe once you acess the ship elevator through the panel on the wall after you had a conversation with the Ship Commander.
Last edited by kuja on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kuja

Postby Hogstooth7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 pm

having a mac and not being able to play this game is a curse
Hogstooth7
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm

JJPG Wrote:the door is highlighted and there is no difference with the other quality settings

That means that the parallax cameras are not rendering in your case. KodiakMight on Patreon, also reported some BGs taking some seconds to be drawn at other place, but they were loaded eventually, so it shouldn't be related.

The only article I remember about this mentioned that this happened to people that has two video cards active, one of them is Intel, and let the game start with the Intel one assigned. But it also said that disabling Occlusion Culling in all cameras solved the problem.

I'll try to tinker to some extent, but this is obviously related to some obscure graphics settings and/or driver specific issue, that I can't reproduce.
Abelius

Postby savilian » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 am

Abelius Wrote:
savilian Wrote:For some unknown reason, that when the first time you click on the clearing it would teleport to the trap instead of marked road which you supposed to be headed.

The first clearing or the second? In both cases I didn't see anything weird in the code, as they don't have conditionals: you should get teleported to the same place every time.
It teleports you literally to the trap? Or the far left side of the scene where the trap is located?

I think it was the map infront of the trap's map(just walk to the middle and it starts to mention a big obvious trap and then jump to the slavery route not implanted screen.), the one 3 maps away east of the clearing.
savilian

Postby Azurite » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am

Thank you for the demo, it was really cool to play it. It's a solid proof of concept but there is ONE thing lacking, a sex scene ! Come on, one demo of an erotic game and not one sex scene ? or Maybe I missed it.

I wish you the best for the continuation of your project, you clearly have talent (you and your team) and it has the possibility of becoming something amazing.
Azurite

Postby Abelius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am

Hogstooth7 Wrote:having a mac and not being able to play this game is a curse

I wish I could compile a build for Mac, but it seems a lost battle at the moment, sorry. :|
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 am

LoK Rebirth Demo(b)

Change Log
--------------
Enhancements:
- Main character and Lust Demon dialogue lines are now in Aqua and Red, respectively.

Changes:
- You can now "run" (not animated yet) with left double-click.

Fixes:
- 'Sound' menu accessible (was incorrectly called 'Options' before).
- Guard's Post background, after Gate Keeper conversation, *should* render always now.

Just a small update to address some of the issues you guys have mentioned after launch.

Thank you for your feedback and keep it coming!

https://mega.nz/#!s50zVabK!GLxZpbe2QPuY0rP4JlY-hswQH9cnqzhQBhHtN1-ErKE
Abelius

Postby Bathers107 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:18 am

Some great work so far, keep it up.

I was just wondering if you had a list of system requirements, I get some lagging and flickering if I set the demo to anything other than the minimum specs and wouldn't mind less than perfect graphics so long as the game runs smooth enough.
Bathers107

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:53 am

Well made, but way, way waaaaaaay to many empty zones. I must've gone through 20 before I got to any dialogue.

I can't find where to go after the leaves area. I went to the other path. Dead end. Then I somehow ended up back at the ship.

So I just finished it. Surprised at the lack of sex.
RandomGuy2599

Postby Totemist » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:27 am

Glad to see such prompt bug-fixing, mind hitting the ol' Penguin Compile button?
Totemist

Postby LMJD » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:25 am

The game looks beautiful, plays well, can't wait for the next version. I was expecting the Chief make Krystal give him a blowjob like all the other LoK games, nice change of pace, but was slightly disappointed about it to be honest. I love the decision making on what to say, really looking forward to the choices Krystal has to make and the consequences of them, and the story is looking good as well. Keep up the fantastic work.
Last edited by LMJD on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMJD

Postby Dongman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 am

so, no h scenes in the current version other than the shower scene?
Dongman

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am

Dongman Wrote:so, no h scenes in the current version other than the shower scene?

Seems so. So many chances for them too. The art was amazing, everything was smooth, high quality project, but like damn, a demo to disappoint for the ages.
RandomGuy2599

Postby PlayerXXX » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am

Nice work on the demo although it is much like a teaser hope to see more from the team.
PlayerXXX

Postby FreemanGordonXD » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 pm

One change to be made In my opinion is the choice you get in the shower.You get 3 choices but either you choose ends up masturbating. I think each choice you make should have an impact on how the story goes and most importantly actually having the power to choose a different development.
FreemanGordonXD
Newly Registered

Postby GNGFan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:30 pm

This looks amazing i hope you add sharpclaw pregnancy possibility for krystal that would be cool to see :D keep up good work
GNGFan
Newly Registered

Postby bozuzu91 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 pm

come on!!! no H scenes?? however, game runs really smooth. love the graphics BTW. i hope we'll see something more in the next days. (would be uber cool to have krys get pregnant by having sex with sharpclaws and other creatures. maybe ovipositions and egglaying?)
bozuzu91
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:06 pm

FreemanGordonXD Wrote:Left clicking into nothing in particular.

Mmm, that's going to be a bitch to catch on my part. :roll:

Nevertheless, I'll definitely recode the player controller when I have time to spare. The current one is prone to moonwalking and doesn't get along with the movement plugin I have very well.

savilian Wrote:I think it was the map infront of the trap's map(just walk to the middle and it starts to mention a big obvious trap and then jump to the slavery route not implanted screen.), the one 3 maps away east of the clearing.

So weird...! Well, I'll double-check every hotspot when I can. TY.

Bathers107 Wrote:I was just wondering if you had a list of system requirements, I get some lagging and flickering if I set the demo to anything other than the minimum specs and wouldn't mind less than perfect graphics so long as the game runs smooth enough.

I don't, but my PC is fairly old (i5-2500, 16GB RAM and GTX770) and runs smoothly at Max setting. I guess you already tried with a no v-sync setting and in full-screen?

FreemanGordonXD Wrote:One change to be made In my opinion is the choice you get in the shower.You get 3 choices but either you choose ends up masturbating. I think each choice you make should have an impact on how the story goes and most importantly actually having the power to choose a different development.

That scene in particular is meant to convey her urgent need to sex, so your choice about the matter is meant to be a joke. :P

About dialogue choices be remembered, yup. I definitely have plans for that and I'm already placing variables to that effect, even in these early intro instances.

GNGFan Wrote:This looks amazing i hope you add sharpclaw pregnancy possibility for krystal that would be cool to see :D keep up good work

Either pregnancy or oviparity, yes, that fetish will be optional at some point. It will require some artwork and animations, but it's just too popular to not to include it. :roll:

Totemist Wrote:Glad to see such prompt bug-fixing, mind hitting the ol' Penguin Compile button?

Ah yes, sorry. :P

Here you go...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByMR-9hAGBhFemZxZkNRa1ZOLWM
And you know how this goes... I can't give support for this one. ;)

About the lack of hard-core sex, it's not like we already don't have a good deal of them already created, but including some at this point would have feel extremely forced. In fact, I needed to create Gatekeeper's these past days because I didn't had any of those 'mildly erotic' ones! :lol:

I know you guys are used to Krystal games being much more fast paced and straightforward to sex, but you'll need to wait a bit for her taking a monstrous shaft up her ass this time... :roll:

That doesn't mean you won't see hard-core scenes in the meantime though, because female lizards love to do things with their mates, you know...

And you won't need to wait too much for those. ;)
Abelius

Postby Big Money » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Hogstooth7 Wrote:having a mac and not being able to play this game is a curse

There is this program called Wine out there
Big Money
Newly Registered

Postby Aestral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Crap, I was gonna complain about the slow walking speed, but you already changed that. You and your goddamn hotfixes...

Apart from that, the demo was great. I was kinda sad that there weren't any more scenes in it, but I really don't see a way for you to fit them in the demo. I wish I could just cryo-freeze myself and wake up in a couple of years to play the finished game, because the wait between releases is going to be unbearable :lol:
Aestral

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects