Tentacles Thrive v4

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Tentacles Thrive v4

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Tentacles Thrive (currently developing)
Newly Updated Aug 2019 v4.0
Try Tentacles Thrive Alpha v4!

Its been a while since I share the progress of my craft! v4 is a milestone that I feel more confident to share. There are a lot more features, art, and in-depth gameplay, which includes:

-41 species, each with a unique mating scene, and sometimes more than one!
-Gang scenes and post-5th scene graphics are available for some species
-18+ species with Bonding Stories
-All species have different and unique battle effects
-Moods, items, benefits systems are in place

Give it a try~ Support our Patreon if you like our craft.

https://www.patreon.com/nonoplayer
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Scrapper.swf [ 499.28 KiB | Viewed 4872 times ]

Last edited by Nonoplayer on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Nonoplayer

Re: Always a Good Business Deal + Tentacles Thrive

Postby Elaymidoray » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Tentacles Thrive, I love it, +1 support
Elaymidoray

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Welcome aboard. I love the artwork. It's great to see someone doing frame-by-frame animation instead of those annoying 2D skeletal animations.

As far as following LoK norms, it's better to give each game their own topic, and if the games need to be downloaded to be played, they should be in the Non-Flash forum. I think people tend to be a little suspicious of download-only games (I know I am). If you can make a Flash or HTML5 demo, that might help attract people to the final product.

PS- I see that you joined back in 2014? Once you get up to 10 posts, you don't need the moderator approval anymore.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby musical74 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 am

Hm, I'm actually seen Always a Good business deal somewhere before and kicked the idea around about trying it. Love the idea of Tentacles Thrive (tentacle sex is always a good thing for me!) hoping there's a lot of variety for who gets to have some fun!
musical74

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 am

Only gripe I have about Always a Good Business Deal is the gameplay directions really are not well described, feels like I'm trying to learn how to play it through trial & error...

Looking forward to Tentacles Thrive, just hope it's going to have a better play mechanic than AaGBD does (or at least better instructions)...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Weirdo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am

Looks promising to me and for some reason i´ve never even heard about you or your games even though i practically live in the internet ^^
Even though im not on the tentacle train anymore ill give it a try and look forward to your future projekts since i like your aproach to games and the art is superb too
Weirdo

Postby Anonymous94 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:34 am

Tentacle Thrive looks interesting (I'm looking forward to it)
Anonymous94

Postby musical74 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

@better instructions:

That might scare me away from trying it, honestly. I've played a few of the Suikoden games on PSX which essentially just dumped you in the game with zero direction, at all. Yeah you find out where you need to go and who to talk to somewhat quickly, but when I see the screen and go *no intro, just dump me here without any sort of explanation* it made it quite frustrating! Hoping Tentacle Thrive gives you a basic idea of what you are to do before the game starts! I'm not saying you need to give a 20 minute intro (I've played those too...opposite problem, 5 minutes of intro would have been fine, I really don't need to just click for 20 minutes before the game officially starts!) just enough to tell people *here's what you need to do, have fun!!*
musical74

Postby keradi01 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Always a Good Business Deal's controls are really rough. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it is pretty hard to time multiple clicks per "thrust" and I'm drawn to look at two different parts of the screen at once. I have to look at the center to gauge the pace since it speeds up and down throughout the gameplay by design and try to line up my rhythm properly, but I'm also drawn to look at the top right corner to check the information it's giving me. It could really use a better system for feedback. Plus the fact that I am deliberately supposed to vary up my pace with the clicking to unlock more stuff, I have to mind how much I'm clicking, along with trying to line it up with the rhythm and check the amount of thrust rhythms I have on the top right. So trying to make sure I'm doing well with any of those parts, means distracting myself from the others. But I don't know, maybe that's just me, but I have played a number of rhythm games before and I was never that bad at them.
keradi01

Postby Nonoplayer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks guys, so glad to have a place to share my work with!

Elaymidoray Wrote:Tentacles Thrive, I love it, +1 support

Haha, can't wait to let you play the game~

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Welcome aboard. I love the artwork. It's great to see someone doing frame-by-frame animation instead of those annoying 2D skeletal animations.

As far as following LoK norms, it's better to give each game their own topic, and if the games need to be downloaded to be played, they should be in the Non-Flash forum. I think people tend to be a little suspicious of download-only games (I know I am). If you can make a Flash or HTML5 demo, that might help attract people to the final product.

PS- I see that you joined back in 2014? Once you get up to 10 posts, you don't need the moderator approval anymore.

Yes I joined when I published my last game "Always a Good Business Deal". Not too many noticed it unfortunately lol.
Good idea on providing flash demo, I might cut up some scenes and put it here. They both are flash games.

musical74 Wrote:Hm, I'm actually seen Always a Good business deal somewhere before and kicked the idea around about trying it. Love the idea of Tentacles Thrive (tentacle sex is always a good thing for me!) hoping there's a lot of variety for who gets to have some fun!

Nice, looks like I have left some impression ^O^. Let's hope it was good impression. As for variety, I agree, I think 60 its a start. But secretly I would like to implement more than 100~

WonderGamer Wrote:Only gripe I have about Always a Good Business Deal is the gameplay directions really are not well described, feels like I'm trying to learn how to play it through trial & error...

Looking forward to Tentacles Thrive, just hope it's going to have a better play mechanic than AaGBD does (or at least better instructions)...

Thanks for trying my game! I hear you on having better instruction. As for Tentacles Thrive, don't worry I will have intro stage where everyone can learn the mechanics and battle gameplay step by step.

Weirdo Wrote:Looks promising to me and for some reason i´ve never even heard about you or your games even though i practically live in the internet ^^
Even though im not on the tentacle train anymore ill give it a try and look forward to your future projekts since i like your aproach to games and the art is superb too

Thank you for the supportive words~ The art work is made by my men Augustinas and Bao. I can't bring the idea to live without them. I will introduce them tomorrow~

Anonymous94 Wrote:Tentacle Thrive looks interesting (I'm looking forward to it)

Yay, glad you like it~
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm

keradi01 Wrote:Always a Good Business Deal's controls are really rough. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it is pretty hard to time multiple clicks per "thrust" and I'm drawn to look at two different parts of the screen at once. I have to look at the center to gauge the pace since it speeds up and down throughout the gameplay by design and try to line up my rhythm properly, but I'm also drawn to look at the top right corner to check the information it's giving me. It could really use a better system for feedback. Plus the fact that I am deliberately supposed to vary up my pace with the clicking to unlock more stuff, I have to mind how much I'm clicking, along with trying to line it up with the rhythm and check the amount of thrust rhythms I have on the top right. So trying to make sure I'm doing well with any of those parts, means distracting myself from the others. But I don't know, maybe that's just me, but I have played a number of rhythm games before and I was never that bad at them.

Another man played with my Lilith, yay~
You are not bad, the game is a bit difficult indeed. I hear you on having to gauge at two different places, perhaps attaching the rhythms with the cursor can help with that. Did you use the combination list that comes along with the game?
Nonoplayer

Postby Katarina » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Tentacles? Always fun.
More tentacles, please! ^_^
Katarina

Postby Dongman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 pm

will all the h scenes only be with lilith? other than that, this game looks really good.
Dongman

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 pm

There are 2 ways you could improve the tutorial or by having an on screen tip to help guide the player in how to play the game. I honestly had trouble understanding whether I was supposed to click on the beginning of the thrust forward of when you hit the furthest depth inside of her. The two methods I'm talking about you could use to help simplify this would be:
  • A sonar type indicator that closes a larger circle in on a smaller one showing the point that you should be clicking where the circles meet.
  • A sort of flash around where you are clicking that is colored whether you are clicking early, late or correctly (this is more of a trial & error method, but at least it gives some kind of indication as to whether you're actually doing it right).
I'm not saying these need to be done on every level, although a short practice period on each level may be helpful (or at least a video to demonstrate how to do it), if anything, there needs to be an improvement in the tutorial that is already in the game (provided it's the same click point in the tutorial as with every other level, having individual demonstrations shouldn't be needed).
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Katarina Wrote:Tentacles? Always fun.
More tentacles, please! ^_^

Agree, stay tune!

Dongman Wrote:will all the h scenes only be with lilith? other than that, this game looks really good.

Thanks~ Because of hand drawn frame by frame animation, only Lilith is in the plan so far. But who knows, we might find a creative way to implement another character into the story.

WonderGamer Wrote:There are 2 ways you could improve the tutorial or by having an on screen tip to help guide the player in how to play the game. I honestly had trouble understanding whether I was supposed to click on the beginning of the thrust forward of when you hit the furthest depth inside of her. The two methods I'm talking about you could use to help simplify this would be:
  • A sonar type indicator that closes a larger circle in on a smaller one showing the point that you should be clicking where the circles meet.
  • A sort of flash around where you are clicking that is colored whether you are clicking early, late or correctly (this is more of a trial & error method, but at least it gives some kind of indication as to whether you're actually doing it right).
I'm not saying these need to be done on every level, although a short practice period on each level may be helpful (or at least a video to demonstrate how to do it), if anything, there needs to be an improvement in the tutorial that is already in the game (provided it's the same click point in the tutorial as with every other level, having individual demonstrations shouldn't be needed).

Some great suggestions you've made WonderGamer. I probably won't be building practice level because AGBD had been completed for three years, however I might do something about the indicator and tutorial after I finish building the battle game play for Tentacles Thrive. Right now I am heavily invested in the development, so forgive me for not able to pull myself away.
Nonoplayer

Postby keradi01 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 am

Nonoplayer Wrote:Another man played with my Lilith, yay~
You are not bad, the game is a bit difficult indeed. I hear you on having to gauge at two different places, perhaps attaching the rhythms with the cursor can help with that. Did you use the combination list that comes along with the game?

I did use the combination list, it was pretty much the only reason I was able to get most of the combos (the rest were entirely by accident). However, I kept getting thrown off because different scenes seemed to go at a different pace. I recall how in one scene my thrust rhythms could easily reach 4, but struggle a lot to get to 5, while in another scene the pace kept jumping from 1 to 8 and back to 1 again immediately if I made any mistake. It feels like it is intentional for the different scenes to go at different paces, but it is admittedly difficult to learn the controls under such circumstances since it feels like I have to learn how to play each scene rather than the game as a whole.

I mean, overall, the game looks beautiful and is overall pretty well made, but yeah it's hard even with the cheat sheet.
keradi01

Postby Archoniq » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Hey! Both of these games look visually stunning, Tentacles Thrive seriously piquing my interest.

Do you have a Patreon set up? Because this is the kind of thing I would definitely support.
Archoniq
Newly Registered

Postby Nonoplayer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm

keradi01 Wrote:I did use the combination list, it was pretty much the only reason I was able to get most of the combos (the rest were entirely by accident). However, I kept getting thrown off because different scenes seemed to go at a different pace. I recall how in one scene my thrust rhythms could easily reach 4, but struggle a lot to get to 5, while in another scene the pace kept jumping from 1 to 8 and back to 1 again immediately if I made any mistake. It feels like it is intentional for the different scenes to go at different paces, but it is admittedly difficult to learn the controls under such circumstances since it feels like I have to learn how to play each scene rather than the game as a whole.

I mean, overall, the game looks beautiful and is overall pretty well made, but yeah it's hard even with the cheat sheet.

If I may offer some tips, there are two things that can be taken advantage of when manipulating the rhythm.

1. Crazy clicking technique...: it might say 3 clicks per thrust to move up/down the rhythm, but anything above 3 clicks will also achieve the goal.
2. 1~2 click technique: maintaining the same pace requires 1 click per thrust, but its in fact anything less than 3 but more than 0 click. So clicking slightly faster than 1 per thrust is advantageous.

I hope you can unlock all the hearts to check out the secret ending ^_^

Archoniq Wrote:Hey! Both of these games look visually stunning, Tentacles Thrive seriously piquing my interest.

Do you have a Patreon set up? Because this is the kind of thing I would definitely support.

My Patreon is https://www.patreon.com/nonoplayer Appreciate the support~
Nonoplayer

Postby Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:57 am

That Tentacles Thrive thing looks incredible! When do you think you will be able to upload a playable demo?
Thomas
Newly Registered

Postby Nonoplayer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:49 am

Thomas Wrote:That Tentacles Thrive thing looks incredible! When do you think you will be able to upload a playable demo?

Thanks for your kind words. I project the demo will be out within 6 months, but prototypes and alpha will be available sooner.

I usually work on the most difficult parts first. Right now I am about to finish testing tool for the core battle mechanism, which should be uploaded to Patreon possibly this month. After which I will have a sprint for the actual core battle built. Estimation are as follow:

Puzzle (completed)
Core battle testing tool (1 week)
Core battle (3 weeks)
Puzzle and core battle integration (1 week)
Other high level gameplay (6~8 weeks)
Integration, testing ---> prototype (2 weeks)
Tweaking, testing --> Alpha (2 weeks)
Tweaking, testing --> Beta (4 weeks)
Tweaking, testing ---> Demo[limited species] (4 weeks)

We need to apply 50% error give or take to the schedule. Good thing is we have made some animations and writing already, and Bao and Augustinas will continue to create animations, monsters and character graphics as well as backgrounds in parallel.
Last edited by Nonoplayer on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonoplayer

Next

Return to Flash Projects