Dark Impulses Discussion

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: Dark Impulses Recruitment & Discussion

Postby Dead2112man » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 am

To keep this up near the top.

Hello all, Us here at Dark Impulses are still looking for another artist and I believe Valtur would not mind another Programmer to work with him.
We are still just a small group, this is not a payed thing (currently).
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm

We're getting closer to our release date, which is long over due.

What would make it faster and easier for us to come out with chapters is if we can get another scene artist, maybe another programmer on board. So if you can defer anyone that can match our styles please let us know!
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Alrighty. Dark Impulses is expanding into unknown territory. We have an ad up on Deviant Art and one coming to furraffinity and looking at an older community that I think may be dead. If anyone has any other suggestions on where we can look for another scene artist please let us know.
Dapper Gent

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm

NewGrounds art forum: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/14 If it's a paid gig, you can always try posting a real wanted ad on Monster or LinkedIn or Craig's List, though they might charge you to do that.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 am

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:NewGrounds art forum: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/14 If it's a paid gig, you can always try posting a real wanted ad on Monster or LinkedIn or Craig's List, though they might charge you to do that.

No, no this is not a paid gig, if you say but what about patreon, those funds are currently just emergency funds.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:45 am

I'll add that to the list. Thanks Ace!
Dapper Gent

Postby Troy168 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:21 pm

I have a idea for a side story based on Pokemorph, howrver I can't PM you guys yet due to me just signing up. If you are curious, it's about a guy who is camping out in a cabin when he see's a Pokemorph in heat and in ill need a mate. You will then given a option to either denied their need, or give in to their need, in which you can either dominate them, or let them have their way with you. There will be multiple endings depending on if you denied every Pokemorph that came to your cabin, or accept one or all of them, and if you let them have your way or dominated each and everyone of them. So tell me what you think guys?
Troy168

Postby ValturNaa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:13 am

It is an interesting idea, something to put in the notebook of ideas for later games and spin-offs. Right at the moment we have our hands full with pokemorph, and like the meercats of lion king 1 1/2, when we get to one tunnah's end, hallelujah we'll dig again.. I'd be very interested to see what you can make of it, though. Not sure where your talents lie but if you could either build some story and assets or find someone who can, it sounds like the kind of project I'd follow closely.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Troy168 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

Glad to see that you are interested with my idea, as of now I've chosen the Pokemorph for now, and I am currently writing the scenes for each Pokemorphs being dominated or dominating the character (Still debating on the name of the guy), then I will write the story intro and the many endings for the side stories. ifmyou have any questions, let me know.
Troy168

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:40 am

So far we have posts up on DA, FA and Newgrounds. Any other suggestions on sites we can use to look for more artists?

I've even gone as far as digging through rule 34 sites looking for one.
Dapper Gent

Postby Fiovos » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 pm

shalom, i was wondering who do i get in contact about the art part? i would love to try and see if there's anything i could do.
Fiovos
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Get 10 posts throughout the forums and send me a pm. In the mean time, have any artwork you can show?
Dapper Gent

Postby Vaniloth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 am

I got a PM on the way, just getting those 10 posts
Vaniloth

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 am

Just waiting for it now, then!
Dapper Gent

Postby hotwinter88 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

I would very much like to help in the project and would like to help with programming but i'm unable to send PM as i registered to see if i can help out. Would appreciate a reply. Thank you.
hotwinter88

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 pm

You'll want to get in contact with ValturNaa about programming.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 pm

I'll just repeat my reply on the pokemorph thread, as I didn't realize hotwinter posted the same thing here before responding and this may be a better place to have the discussion anyway.

"That's great! Keep posting random shit all over the forums until you can PM (I'm kidding. But seriously, it does take a lot less time if you post in more than one place) and I can add you to the conversation with our other coding volunteer. Tell me more about yourself; what languages are you familiar with? How skilled would you say you are in those languages? Have you worked on any projects before that I could take a look at? Do you have any experience with any game-making engines such as Gamemaker, RPGMaker, or Unity? And what have you done with them?

p.s. I won't be offended if the answers to all these questions is nothing. But it will likely mean that you'll be an apprentice coder while you develop your skills."
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 am

We're going to be hosting a live stream Q&A on Saturday November 11th at 6:30pm US-est. We'll be hanging around for 2-3 hours to answer any questions that the fanbase may have about the game, upcoming engines, pokemorph lore, whatever you want to ask about! We'll be conducting it through youtube. Just look for Dark Impulses, it should have our trademark purple face icon.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 am

Admittedly, I forgot we had this thread here. Anywho, bump for it. Still looking for an artist and someone familiar with GameMaker.
Dapper Gent

Postby JohnSion123 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi, at the moment im learning gamemaker, and it's going pretty well. Even though i am not now, i believe that i'll get up to speed fairly quickly. I also have a little bit of experience with c++ which helps when using gamemaker. I would like to help you in one of your projects as a programmer. i do not have the ten posts yet, but i will get there. Until then, if theres a different way to be recruited now, let me know
JohnSion123
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion