Nympho Wife++ (Marble Syrup)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Nympho Wife++ (Marble Syrup)

Postby marblesyrup » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:
vcnz Wrote:and half of the comments sounds like butthurt...

https://e-hentai.org/g/677159/a3f3e0a647

That's the (censored) art for the game mentioned before by marblesyrup, also found a couple torrents (I would assume for the game itself) when I was searching for the CG Art for this, one of them was uncensored.

What are you trying to say? I already posted a link that proved Good Job Studios are selling their assets, so just face it - you were just plain wrong when you said "I doubt they would do that". Also there are definitely no other uncensored versions of the CG's than the decensors we've commissioned (which were done by the same artist who did the cat/cow girls stuff).
marblesyrup

Postby WonderGamer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:58 pm

marblesyrup Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:
vcnz Wrote:and half of the comments sounds like butthurt...

https://e-hentai.org/g/677159/a3f3e0a647

That's the (censored) art for the game mentioned before by marblesyrup, also found a couple torrents (I would assume for the game itself) when I was searching for the CG Art for this, one of them was uncensored.

What are you trying to say? I already posted a link that proved Good Job Studios are selling their assets, so just face it - you were just plain wrong when you said "I doubt they would do that". Also there are definitely no other uncensored versions of the CG's than the decensors we've commissioned (which were done by the same artist who did the cat/cow girls stuff).

I was pointing out the comment about being "butthurt" being irrelevant by showing the original images in the game to vcnz, it wasn't directed at you.

As for the uncensored version of the game I was talking about, while I'm not trying to promote piracy, see here:
http://overtorrent.com/Futago-no-Haha-Seihonnou--01-02](unc)-torrent-7944773.html
broken URL auto-conversion, copy & paste if you intend on going to this page

The torrent is probably dead after being up for over a year, but the (unc) would indicate there was an uncensored version (probably in Japanese & likely not compatible with newer OSs). I haven't played Futago no Haha Seihonnou to tell if your game is following the same storyline, but I seriously hope you're not going for a complete duplicate (locking content by Patreon status) & are at least working to make your own storyline with the images you may have acquired...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Ungawa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:36 am

*sigh*

I tried...

Here's what I think happened...

Marble and their crew got a license to the older game. They translated it (given that they have other games in their repertoire ) to try to promote that they want to possibly get more games to translate in the future. Given that Japanese law requires them to ask for permission more or less (I've had to deal with copyright strikes from some Japanese companies but that's another story) that's what they did.

Wonder, let's keep all the other stuff out of this. I do think that with the picture, I really want to go back in and try for the nurse route. If I can find her...

Marble, all due respect, could you edit your first post so that people can reach you? I think the suspicion is that people really don't believe you're the same group that made Crusoe Had it Easy and other games like Re:Maid which is making it harder for you as a developer/publisher to get good feedback on this game.

I believe the VNDB database would work along with a bit of info on your past games, how they were received and how you're using this as "shameless promotion" for your new game (I'm joking!!!!!!) Bron's Quest.

I'm hoping against hope that this alleviates the fears and people can get this back on track. I really do appreciate the game and I think the writing is pretty good. The girls have very unique personalities and you see it come through even when you make different choices. Same thing with Re:Maid even though I think that one (when I played) wasn't quite done so I felt Erika was WAAAAY too shy.
Ungawa

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:28 am

Ungawa Wrote:Wonder, let's keep all the other stuff out of this. I do think that with the picture, I really want to go back in and try for the nurse route. If I can find her...

I only posted a link to the gallery for the original art & wasn't intending on going any further into it, however got a response from marblesyrup again prying on past comments, so I once again responded only because there was another comment directed at me (even if the post that he's referring to wasn't directed at him).

WonderGamer

Postby Niara » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 am

Got to admit, twenty comments in, and the only person I see behaving badly here is WonderGamer... who owes the creator an apology for their accusation and continued implications and still has refused to give them one. Poor show and bad form, that person. Quite shameful.

Marble, I played the original game a bit but didn't go too far with it because it didn't have any of my particular kinks. This version, with the cheat options that exist, suddenly has a lot of the things I like, so I got a lot further this time, and enjoyed it. I still feel I enjoyed Crusoe more, but overall I feel positively about this update ^.^

There are a couple of places where the dialogue reverts to using the default character name, instead of whatever you enter... the one I remember clearest was during conversations with Hina, while she was your sister. I also had some issues with the game not managing to return to the start menu correctly after finishing an ending, and getting frozen on either a black screen, or a black screen with the creator chibis on it, depending on what message had been last.

I admit I was a little disappointed that there was no 'all three' route, at least as far as I could find, but I guess when the game's scope only covers a day or two, that's a bit tricky.

I'd also note that when playing with all three women marked as sisters, it only ever referred to having two sisters, and Ester didn't show up where I expected her to - I'm not sure if that's a deliberate alteration to the story that I didn't uncover, or something going wrong. I suspect it might be the former, though.

I felt a little let down that taking the hypnosis route with Hina as your sister didn't pay any attention to the fact that (as revealed in the non-hypnosis story line) she'd been saving actually doing anything intimate for you, and was completely inexperienced in that sense.

In general, I felt like the scope of the game felt very short; we get, in practice, only a day to make some choices and then the game 'resolves' the outcome for us... sometimes in ways that didn't feel right or really address the in between. At the same time I get that the game as a whole is a short snapshot - a 'turning point' style game, rather than something more involved... but for having eleven or twelve endings, it felt like our actual count of options for what course to set the character's life on were relatively slim. More variety of outcomes might have been nice, but I suspect that would have to involve a lot more actions from the player, and thus a lot more passage of time.

On the whole, I'm not a fan of impractically gigantic oversized breasts. It really just does not do it for me in the slightest. I'm quite petite and have very little in the way of chest assets myself, and in these sorts of games I have a tendency to mentally put myself in the places of the characters that most match me, rather than the male protagonist... and it would have been nice if at least one of the female options in the game wasn't staggeringly bustacular.

I know I've nit-picked a lot, but I've tried to be constructive and helpful about it. Overall I'm very positive about the game and I enjoyed it a lot.
Niara

Postby marblesyrup » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:46 am

Thanks Niara, that's really helpful. I'll look into the bugs you've mentioned. Nitpicks are the best! Only way to improve is to have people point out what they didn't like. Unconditional praise feels good for the soul, of course, but it doesn't help you improve.
marblesyrup

Postby marblesyrup » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:57 am

WonderGamer Wrote:As for the uncensored version of the game I was talking about, while I'm not trying to promote piracy, see here:
http://overtorrent.com/Futago-no-Haha-Seihonnou--01-02](unc)-torrent-7944773.html
broken URL auto-conversion, copy & paste if you intend on going to this page

The torrent is probably dead after being up for over a year, but the (unc) would indicate there was an uncensored version (probably in Japanese & likely not compatible with newer OSs). I haven't played Futago no Haha Seihonnou to tell if your game is following the same storyline, but I seriously hope you're not going for a complete duplicate (locking content by Patreon status) & are at least working to make your own storyline with the images you may have acquired...

That's episode 1 & 2 of the anime based on the original game... stop using false evidence to try and implicate something that's just not the case.

Ungawa Wrote:Here's what I think happened...

Marble and their crew got a license to the older game. They translated it (given that they have other games in their repertoire ) to try to promote that they want to possibly get more games to translate in the future. Given that Japanese law requires them to ask for permission more or less (I've had to deal with copyright strikes from some Japanese companies but that's another story) that's what they did.

Look, I don't want to accidentally bite you again and I get you're trying to defend us here but pure out speculation (that's completely wrong, to boot) isn't helpful. The game is not at all translated and bears no relation story-wise to the original game whatsoever. Did you miss the commentary mode? The two authors of the game, [link="https://vndb.org/p3553"]Ebi-hime[/link] and [link="https://vdb.org/s13826"]Ben[/link], discuss the writing of it and all these other aspects of how the game came into being.
marblesyrup

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:32 am

I'm the only one acting badly?!?. You mean the forth post in this thread didn't count (I actually avoided saying anything until it was already out there, I saw this thread literally seconds after it was posted)? Ok, enough with the guesswork, let's get it straight from the horse's mouth (and I'm only taking this route because of the responses from marblesyrup & Niara). It took me some time to find the official site for G.J?, longer still to find a contact email, but I've contacted them so they can have a say on the matter; I'll copy their response here if I get a response (I didn't give them a link to this site, however they do have a link to his Patreon page). Of course they're going to need to have somebody that can read English; I tried to translate the email sent using Google Translate, but not with great results, so decided to let them attempt to translate the message from English themselves rather than sending a badly-worded Japanese-translation. Then there's always the possibility that email address is no longer active, however I didn't see the email bounce after I sent it, so I expect it's probably still active (however maybe not checked)...

As much as I tried to let it go & ignore this thread, people kept provoking further responses, so this is where we are now... :evil:

WonderGamer

Postby Niara » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am

I've given my feedback and constructive comments; thumbs up for this installment Marble, even if there were things I'd have personally preferred otherwise.

The rest of my post concerns WonderGamer's poor behaviour in this thread, so I'll tag it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

WonderGamer Wrote:I'm the only one acting badly?!?. You mean the forth post in this thread didn't count (I actually avoided saying anything until it was already out there, I saw this thread literally seconds after it was posted)?

Yes, you are, and that's correct, it doesn't. It was made before the creator stated that the assets had been used with permission. Your comments, on the other hand, first ignored the creator's statement to that effect, and then, when they stated it again to you directly, you stated your disbelief of that, and your determination to kick up a fuss about it anyway. Which you then went ahead and did, absolutely unapologetically. Even now, after a location has been shown where the assets are available to acquire with permission, you are *still* kicking up about it, and making it your personal mission to shout about. You said yourself that either way it was between the creator and the original art owner, but you continually demonstrated that that comment wasn't made in good faith at all, and that you are not, in fact, prepared to let it rest there, or apologise for your accusations.

As much as I tried to let it go & ignore this thread.

Of course you did... You tried so hard to let it go that you went and took it upon yourself not only to accuse the creator of art fraud, but then bluntly said you didn't believe them when they assured that the assets were used with permission, and THEN, when they provided a link that showed where the assets can be fairly acquired, you ignored that in favour of continuing to imply art theft, along with a heavy helping of backhanded defamation of your own. And THEN, when multiple people had suggested that you let it go, and the fairly acquired resources had been shown, you opted to ignore all of that, stick to your own guns and dig up contact details for the original art owners to try to ask them directly about it (Incidentally, for all of the 'it took some time to find' comment you made... a contact point can be found on the core site that Marble linked, it took me all of thirty seconds to find).

When you are ready to show a grain of integrity and being someone worth an iota of respect; you owe Marble an apology. If you can't do that, then you remain little more than a child kicking sand in a sandpit.

I don't expect that you'll do so - I hope, but I don't expect it, or that you'll let this go either; a child in a sandpit is what you've been about this matter, and while I hope you prove me wrong, I expect, instead, you'll just argue back again.

Now, if you tried to do this before, as you said you did, then I might suggest that you watch this next thing I do closely; if you were being honest before, then it seems it's something you're not very good at, so you might improve by watching others. THIS is how you leave something alone and let it go.
Niara

Postby Ungawa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm

The commentary mode is stuck behind the patreon so I can't talk about it...

It's weird... I had up to 9 endings and yet it didn't unlock on the game for me. I'll try again some time soon.
Ungawa

Postby evildumdum » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 am

Just gonna point out WonderGamer, right or wrong you seem to have a talent for pissing people off. Maybe you should look into that.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:53 am

evildumdum Wrote:Just gonna point out WonderGamer, right or wrong you seem to have a talent for pissing people off. Maybe you should look into that.

When people push, I push back, that's all there is to it. If G.J? didn't know about his usage of the images before, they should now (provided they can read english & receive the email through the address I sent it to)...

WonderGamer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am

Hi! I'd just like to chime in here.

Usually when someone is behaving in an inappropriate fashion, the best solution is to try to find out why. I've sent messages to people with specific advice regarding their activity in this thread, and I hope I don't see any further inflammatory comments. Anything else remotely inflammatory will receive a warning. Please keep things civil.

For clarification: it was appropriate for the question of asset ownership to be made (though not in a rude way). It was proper for marblesyrup to give more information. The further motivation of all parties were valid, yet their hostility is unacceptable. Your efforts should be in understanding the situation, not treating the other person as an enemy. Keep that fact in mind.
Zeus Kabob

Postby marblesyrup » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:02 am

Ungawa Wrote:The commentary mode is stuck behind the patreon so I can't talk about it...

It's weird... I had up to 9 endings and yet it didn't unlock on the game for me. I'll try again some time soon.

Odd, commentary mode should be available after two endings unlocked. It works on Newgrounds at least, I might inadvertently uploaded a different version here:

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694834
marblesyrup

Postby marblesyrup » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks to Zeus Kabob for warning certain individuals.
marblesyrup

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 pm

This will be my final response in this thread, so there's no reason in responding to it, PMs might still be an option however:

I am not going to apologize for what I've said or the actions I have taken, but I will apologize for not making my initial response clearer. The original intention of that post was to caution the OP of what could happen if he didn't have permission to use those images. Furthermore, I noticed no comment about rights to use the images until after my initial response was already posted, yet my initial response continued to be brought up regardless of trying to leave it alone & move on. It wasn't until I re-read my initial response to this thread that I realized that it was very easy to assume that post as being an accusation of copyright infringement rather than just a possibility & trying to give caution to the OP.

Zeus Kabob has been PMed all details regarding this matter, perhaps in more detail than I will be leaving in this final response, whether he chooses to read it or not is up to him. My comments in this thread were not meant to be a full-on accusation, but that's what it was portrayed as & the only regret I have is that I didn't make myself clearer before misunderstandings turned into accusations & reports were made (on both sides).

At this point I will be permanently taking my leave from this thread; if you're trying to contact me on something I have said in this thread, contact me via PM.

WonderGamer

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Here's my two cents on the matter, and please, I know I can be a massive asshole, but don't take this as an attack, take it as advice.

In the future it might be best to ditch what I'm assuming from that link you posted is basically a program with preloaded assets. Instead Look into designing your own characters, your own artwork, otherwise you're going to go through this with every game you make. As a creator I think the last think you want is being told how you ripped off images, or how the original game the characters came from was better, etc.

Also for the record the story written here is original for anyone wondering, it has almost literally nothing to do with the original VN.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm

I didn't get very far before giving up. Too much yapping in this game for me. And only for a bunch of G.J. graphics I could find online anyways and one of these annoying protagonists who can't appreciate being surrounded by hotties. This is not my kinda game.
AcetheSuperVillain

Previous

Return to Flash Projects