Ark Tribe Survival OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ark Tribe Survival OOC

Postby Nobudi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Oops. Got busy playing Breath of the Wild. In fact, I don't think I've masturbated since the game came out...

Anyways, I'll have my post up by tomorrow.
Nobudi

Postby MelissaB » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks for the crotch update Nobudi.

Okay will likely be a gm post tomorrow as well then
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 am

Okay from this point on I'm going to demand you all post what you're claiming in here regardless of whether you put it in your ic post as well. because looking through I'm still yet to get Nobudi's and zerky still owes me a stat increase choice and when I need to edit your cs having to read all of yours posts just to add a little info so I can keep track of what you have can be difficult especially when two players fail to post and players only give me half of their level up decisions. so check your cs on the first post under accepted characters if I haven't updated it with your choices I'll need you to post it here.

Secondly with Bluelight being kicked and a new spot is open if anyone lurking is interested.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:04 am

Campfire, Stone Axe.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby berserkerhorn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:19 am

SWIMMING/drowning
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:17 pm

lilbooth

edited my post in the ic to reflect that you gained the campfire design so you know what you need to look for, once again think I should just be friendly here. flint is used a lot and you need to be able to mine rocks to get it(pick axe or axe) because like the small rocks you find lying around flint doesn't happen to be laying around though on a 20 dc roll I may allow you to find it since no one went pick axe so hardly any of you can craft anything until you either find a tool to do so or make one.

MelissaB

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:19 am

We'll have to wait for the next level up it seems. o3o
Meep Meepersons

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 am

MelissaB Wrote:lilbooth

edited my post in the ic to reflect that you gained the campfire design so you know what you need to look for, once again think I should just be friendly here. flint is used a lot and you need to be able to mine rocks to get it(pick axe or axe) because like the small rocks you find lying around flint doesn't happen to be laying around though on a 20 dc roll I may allow you to find it since no one went pick axe so hardly any of you can craft anything until you either find a tool to do so or make one.

Don't you need flint to make the pick axe anyway? I was just going to attempt to carve a softer rock with a harder one. Find a large flat rock as a work surface, and then a softer rock such as chert, flint, basalt, or even granite. Then through flaking and grinding, I could make an axe head. Could probably make an axe head out of a hip bone of some creature as well or even a large hard shell of a clam or something.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:40 am

I'm under the impression we are going by game rules, so pickaxe is made with stone thatch and wood whereas the "stone hatchet" is made from flint, wood, and thatch. Flint being in bigger rocks along with metal and only able to be mined with pickaxes or an axe. As for multiple types of stone? That would complicate the game too much and make it unenjoyable. :L
Meep Meepersons

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:47 am

Meep Meepersons Wrote:I'm under the impression we are going by game rules, so pickaxe is made with stone thatch and wood whereas the "stone hatchet" is made from flint, wood, and thatch. Flint being in bigger rocks along with metal and only able to be mined with pickaxes or an axe. As for multiple types of stone? That would complicate the game too much and make it unenjoyable. :L

Hmm... that knowledge would have affected my decision to take the stone axe. Considering that is was right next to the stone pick and called a stone axe...
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 am

I'm sure if you asked super duper nicely Mel would allow you to switch to the pick instead of the hatchet.

Edit: PS: If you have any questions about the game I'll be happy to help anyway I can.
Meep Meepersons

Postby MelissaB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 am

I'll allow you one time change only if you really want it and you can take the pick axe instead though in that case you'd of found all the stuff you needed to make one.

as for the stone axe flint is a type of stone so the name isn't exactly lying to you in that regard.

As for creating a different type of axe you don't know how you only know how to made one from stone, since you never learned how to make an axe normally you can't simply apply it to other material to fix in place for the axe head. Where as me and you personally would know how to make the leap your character however has no experience from which to draw that educated leap.

As an aside when picking your designs you are shown how to make it it's only when you select it permanently that the information stays otherwise it flees your mind as quickly as it was shown so if you picked something that you came to without the correct information or rather full information such was this Lilbooth then I will allow changes in the case you just don't like your choice you are stuck with it.

MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 pm

MelissaB Wrote:I'll allow you one time change only if you really want it and you can take the pick axe instead though in that case you'd of found all the stuff you needed to make one.

as for the stone axe flint is a type of stone so the name isn't exactly lying to you in that regard.

As for creating a different type of axe you don't know how you only know how to made one from stone, since you never learned how to make an axe normally you can't simply apply it to other material to fix in place for the axe head. Where as me and you personally would know how to make the leap your character however has no experience from which to draw that educated leap.

As an aside when picking your designs you are shown how to make it it's only when you select it permanently that the information stays otherwise it flees your mind as quickly as it was shown so if you picked something that you came to without the correct information or rather full information such was this Lilbooth then I will allow changes in the case you just don't like your choice you are stuck with it.

Well Karn was going to get picks so if he makes a post to reflect this then we are fine. If he decides not to get picks then order for us to actually progress I will switch to them. Question though, can I use the pickaxe to harvest wood or is the normal axe the only tool for the job.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby MelissaB » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:04 am

You can get wood with the pickaxe it's just harder.

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm

*stares at her players*

MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:06 am

*stares back apologetically and points at another player nearby. Insinuating that that player'ss decisions will have effect on this players actions*
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby MelissaB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Everyone better get posting or I start sending wandering dinos to rape and eat you!

MelissaB

Postby Meep Meepersons » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:24 pm

*already posted* >w>
Meep Meepersons

Postby berserkerhorn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

*gets ready to poke a dino penis with a pole*
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby Leon Glacia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:23 am

*Just got eviction notice* Yeah, I'm sufficiently busy with other, more important stuff. Sorry.
Leon Glacia

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character