Brothel Sim Game

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Brothel Sim Game

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:06 pm

In theory it's fine, but I don't like the bald cat on the very right.
Lucky777

Re: Issues and Suggestions...

Postby tfungnoth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:11 am

Master Chaos Wrote:I have played this game sense it first appeared I would really like to see some of the issues that have been bugging me addressed there long over due. some better styles and options in the clothing area, the stats be taken away or actually mean something, exp from items and training really do nothing ex: I have 380+ strength and still can't fight off a cop or stop a rape!? the skills have no point either you can't train or improve them and most missions require to high a level to even take. I also got kind of upset there are only 9 candy that appear never that last one needed.

another note the sound effects mentioned never play unless you count loud annoying click sounds. Please tweak the interface to be more simple in a future update the scroll sticks making going back on girls in the dorm impossible names bug out and change randomly the male/ female/ futa gender also bugs and changes fucking up your style if you don't want to use men or futa. this is also a bug in the options futa/men still appear even when you deselect them from the filters.

I also want to point out the girls speak to you when clicked as if your there master however you appear as just another whore/slave... I would really like to see myself as the master and only in scenes where i am fucking a girl to train them or something. I love the bea girl I wish there was better interactions available though and I prefered when the girl I chose was there to be honest. Her race as girls in the market would be nice. could you bring back the change hair and body options in the dress hut as well maybe a way to chose/change there poses?

aside from this I still love the concept and really like the possible freedom the game has to offer keep up the amazing work get back to me with any questions or details I might have missed you still need.

I'm just another player to share my view

1. Better Clothes would certainly be great.

2. Strength
I always train them to very high strength and intelligence (like both 4xx). They can fight people off almost all the time.
I think that is always a random value affecting the result. But high strength and intelligence can definitely helps you a lot.

3. Skills
You can raise skills up by using training in the brothel.

4. Candy
OMG, I can't find the last one too

5. Sound
I turn off sound all the time. I'm fine with it.

6. Male/futa problem
I always don't buy them. Sometimes it says the main character is futa, just display issue.

7. Appearance Customization is always good. I would love to see more too.
tfungnoth

Postby meismike » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:35 am

There are 11 pieces of candy and you need to find 10. 3 of them are pretty brutal though. Maybe a nice meal will keep your mind sharp?
meismike

Postby riddlebox1321 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:15 am

Took a look at your game and noticed some minor dialogue issues when referring to characters; they were addressed as 'girls', 'she', 'her', even when a male was addressed. I opened your swf and took a look at the script and saw that you weren't using a system to define gender based dialogue and changed the wording to 'workers', 'them', 'they', 'their', 'slaves', 'prostitutes', and the like while leaving the variables and references the same. I hope you don't mind. I'm uploading my edited version of your game below. Also good work on your random setvariables. I'm surprised at how light you were able to make your game with the amount of content it writes.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

newStrumpets2-38+Boo-rbedit.swf [ 7.99 MiB | Viewed 3195 times ]

My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:20 am

Looks okay to me, as the other guy said though, the "bald" one on the far right looks a little odd to me though.

I'm down for wolf and fox girls for sure.
FruitSmoothie

Postby meismike » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:46 am

Wow, thats cool riddlebox, I knew there were still some incorrect texts left over from adding males, I just never get around to fixing them. I planed to re-haul the whole error report system where most of the text is wrong to be more dynamic and script based instead of the stupid 100 different boxes with different errors in them, and that was preventing me from doing work I would just undo later anyways. You have given me a good idea to potentially using random descriptors in the dynamic text. For example, the error box that says "That strumpet does not have enough stamina," could instead say girl, worker, she, or even the girls name instead of just strumpet.

Also I don't think anyone has complimented me on my spaghetti code ever, I do write it while assuming no one else will ever see it. So thanks for that.

PS. UPDATE!
meismike

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:55 am

Damn I just started playing the last version for the first time lol. Found out sound doesn't work in the stand alone flash player for some reason, that explains that.

Hope the arrow keys work in the latest version. For some reason back arrow when selecting girls doesn't work sometimes and the menus skip girls until you cycle through your roster again.

Edit:

In the new version, for some reason all the girls you have sex with are dressed in the same clothes/accessories as the main character lol (They all have the black bra/panties and wolf ears/tails I gave her) as a male prostitute. And the other girl I bought has the same clothes/accessories once she has sex too, even though she doesn't normally have the tails/ears. Wat. It also doesn't seem a coincidence that the first girl my male prostitute has sex with each day looks like one of my female prostitutes. Excuse the shitty crops, I did this quick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Back arrow (Left) still doesn't work.

Guess I'll wait for the next version...
FruitSmoothie

Postby riddlebox1321 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 am

meismike Wrote:Also I don't think anyone has complimented me on my spaghetti code ever, I do write it while assuming no one else will ever see it. So thanks for that.

Yeah, I don't think any of us really are prepared for people to randomly snoop code for fun lol. I find that the extra little bit of time spent keeping it neat when you run out of ideas will help a lot when you try to come back for edits though.
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby tfungnoth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:49 am

I thought those skirts and shirts will be extracted out of the costume when I saw tons of clothing options.
But they are still processed as a few big combination.

Example:
The skirt of chef is not available in the bottom option. And I cannot change/remove the stocking of chef without applying another bottom option.
I thought that would be more interesting to have more skirts and shirts in the top and bottom options.
(So that I can pretend I'm just playing a normal game when others walking behind me)
tfungnoth

Postby tfungnoth » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 am

Bug Report:
I've noticed that the main character's name changed to be another girls' name after playing for few days in the game.
That wasn't a big issue for me at that time.
But now I started to play the mission seriously and use that girls' name as their skills indication. That messed up a lot.
Some of the girls shared the same name for some reason.

For example, I change Diana's name to Diana.the.Nurse and Eve's name to Chef.Eve. After some days in the game, they both become Diana the Nurse.
But one of them have better cooking skills and another one have better nursing skills. I have no access to those attributes in the mission page.

No access to their skill's is one problem, maybe a skills filter + the dorm's layout is a good idea.
But the name problem is quite obvious right now. This is certainly a difficult bug to fix.

Again, the "time to come back from mission" data is not saved yet.
They will stay in the mission forever if I close the game when someone is still on a mission.
So as the everyday cooking.

BTW, is it intended to have no Dancing : 0 and Wisdom : 0 missions?
I found it impossible to level up my Dancing : 0 and Wisdom : 0 characters
------------ UPDATE -------------
I found one Dancer : 0 mission right after i edited this reply.
It is almost impossible to have. I have around 60 missions a day and i check it one by one.
I hope there will be a filter of mission and skills indicator of character
tfungnoth

Postby meismike » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:38 am

Just updated. Thanks for the bug reports as always guys.

I really need to change the whole missions thing. Maybe remove level requirements but just give better rewards if you are a higher level.
meismike

Postby meismike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:46 am

Updated! Sorry I skipped last update here, the site was down when I came to update. I forgot to check back again.
meismike

Postby meismike » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:23 am

Update! CATGIRLS! OMG!
meismike

Postby IxFa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:28 am

I looked in this thread and felt a little bad no one's been posting but you for a while now
But your update message made me grin.
CATGIRLS! OMG!
Hell yeah!

Let's do this.
I've notably written for Corruption of Champions, as well as other projects to a minor extent. My alias is always IxFa.
Current project(s): LAH's New Blog, Short Stories, Game Scenes
Commissions: Open
Requests: Open
IxFa

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 pm

I played this game again after a long time. You've got a lot of good ideas, but the characters are just not sexy. The faces and bodies make them look like toddlers, and the sex animations are so stiff, like someone clanking barbie dolls together. It's a shame, most of the new graphics are really good, the landscape, backgrounds, the little news reports, all fantastic. But the characters, ... bleh...
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby IxFa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 pm

They aren't the best lookers, I'll give you that. The toddler remark I very strongly disagree with, I do agree about animations, however.
I think some new faces and hair styles would help out a lot. I want beautifully long flowing hair.
I've notably written for Corruption of Champions, as well as other projects to a minor extent. My alias is always IxFa.
IxFa

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 pm

(I don't mean to go on an explosive rant, but this has been on my mind since the change. It's been bottled up for too long and now here it comes I'm going to explode, aaaaaaaaaaaa)

I'm sure this debate has been going on since the new graphics were introduced, but the general body shape is just not how adults or even sub-adults look. It's how little babies look.

lok_babyshaped.jpg
lok_babyshaped.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 2913 times

I'll concede that it's not exactly how babies are shaped, but it's way too close to be sexy.

And I mean, I don't believe you need to become a master of human anatomy to look sexy. I'd be perfectly happy with artwork like this:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That's why it's really frustrating to see that you've clearly put in a lot of effort and yet, failed to attain sexiness.

If it's something you're willing to work on, I'd be willing to contribute pointers or sketchwork or something.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby IxFa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Nice of you to want to help out! I like the attempt to be as constructive as possible.
I still disagree about toddlers. The waistline is very narrow, the hips are wide, the thighs thick.
I might have a harder time seeing it since I've actually seen toddlercon. My best friend is an aspiring loli artist who really likes that stuff. Compared to hentai of toddlers, meismike's strumpets look incredibly far from it. It's not close at all to me.
IxFa

Postby FruitSmoothie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Same... I thought the guy was trolling so I wasn't going to bother with him. There's nothing even remotely close to loli in the art style. Even the smallest breast option still has an "adult" figure. I don't know how you can even look at that art style and get that idea honestly. That's an "interesting" perspective they have...
FruitSmoothie

Postby meismike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 am

Updated, happy valentines day! I've pointed our artist to this thread, but I can't speak much about the art(does anyone remember the sweet simple gray boxes everywhere? I think some of them are still there for error messages...)
meismike

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects