LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Another LOK Attempt

Postby Bartangelus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Hey I remember you from a while ago you did a lot of really cool threads on this forum. Excited to see what you will do after all this time. I also remenber a lot of unfinished stuff cause you would see too big for your project, I suggest you get a team with you maybe ?
Bad english spotted !

~~ Creative corner's flash project are awesome ~~
Bartangelus

Postby LMJD » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Your models are absolutely beautiful, and I am so glad that someone has decided to start taking steps in making a new LoK game. I think its about time we see a new one. I wish I am able to make a new LoK game but I have no talent in making games, I cant draw, animate or code. So all I can say is good luck and we are looking forward in seeing what happens next.
LMJD

Postby Totsboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:29 pm

Those models are looking amazing, LoK was one the first hgames i've played its good to see it being retaken ;)
Totsboy

Postby RichardBuck » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 am

I can't really offer anything of value, I am just here for moral support - MORE KRYSTAL! MAKE THE FURRY BLUE LEGEND LIVE AGAIN! The art that I saw looks pretty darn sexy and if you manage to actually make a new addition to the krystal set that actually lasts or even gets anywhere - massive kudos to you!
RichardBuck
Newly Registered

Postby netherus321 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:39 am

Your character designs look fantastic man I'm excited :D Really hope this one can be fully made :)
netherus321
Newly Registered

Postby Spartacus » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Read a little about unity - but as i understand a lot of functions are limited in not professional version may be i am wrong. If so it is bad too :mrgreen:

For a long time unfortunatly i think that LoK topicks on this forum always have the same problem - 1 may be maximum 2 people try to do some thing and do not have enough time / motivation and etc to make the game.
But i hope it is possible to gather together and make some thing good ;)

Unity changed it's business model around recently. They sort of dropped the free vs pro version feature wise at least. The free version now includes everything the pro versions have.
Now they focus more on getting money from teams with stuff like paying for priority in cloud build queues, more multiplayer support etc. But for a project from one person or a small team the free version is more then adequate :)

As to projects failing. Yes, but I think the problem is that teams either tend to think like professional studio's and they need to deliver a fully functional game on their first go ...
OR
use early access model and get stuck in feature creep hell.

@Kuja
I am willing to write the code for this project if Unity is chosen.
But we will need either an animator that is willing to work in Unity or you have to deliver the animations in a frame by frame format.
I have played around with the animation part Unity offers and it is fairly good, but I just don't have the time to do both the code writing and the animation.

let me know what you think
Spartacus

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 am

By the way i hear that animation from flash can be port to unity with GAF media convertor - so it is possible to convert flash animations to unity.
But did not make it by myself yet.
But test GAF media with starling it works and i like it more then dragon bones becouse it is more easy to use for now ... . But may be i am wrong :oops: :roll:
I only start to read about unity - may be i can help a little in future when i understand how unity works.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Abelius » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 am

Spartacus Wrote:@Kuja
I am willing to write the code for this project if Unity is chosen.
But we will need either an animator that is willing to work in Unity or you have to deliver the animations in a frame by frame format.
I have played around with the animation part Unity offers and it is fairly good, but I just don't have the time to do both the code writing and the animation.

I have a license of Spine I bought to make my own game and its support for Unity is really good. I took a look at other programs like Creature, DragonBones, Spriter Pro, etc., and Spine, even with its blatant lack of built in physics, it's pretty solid on every aspect, has a great supporting community and its Free Form Deformation feature is the most flexible I've seen so far.

With that said, I'm by no means a professional animator. I'm learning at a reasonably good pace and I *think* the animations I've made so far for my game are good enough for now, but I don't pay my bills by animating. On the other hand, I'm inclined to suspect that a pro wouldn't want to work for free. :roll:

So, if you want to have a go at building that team, you can count on me. I'd love to work with an illustrator so talented as Kuja and people of this forum, that I consider the most welcoming and cozy I've ever been. ;)
Abelius

Postby Gizmo1206 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:27 pm

damn your models look really good i am looking forward to what comes of it
Gizmo1206

Postby kuja » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Abelius Wrote:

All right, let's give it a try. I'll contact you aswell.
Last edited by kuja on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kuja

Postby kuja » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Spartacus Wrote:I am willing to write the code for this project if Unity is chosen.

An animator will still be needed. I'll be able to help him a bit with the animations if we use Animate CC or Spriter, then we can even turn the animations into frames so we can fix little details and make it even smoother but right now I have a full time job and I'm using as much free time as I can so yeah, an animator will still be needed.

Anyway I'll send you a private message so we can discuss stuff.
kuja

Postby SonicExTc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 am

Ah good ol' Krystal.., Would LOVE to see her in new refreshed edition., On that note, good luck on assembling team and hopefully kicking out another amazing project :)
PS: Ofc take ur time :D
"In principio erat verbum, et verbum erat aput deum, et deus erat verbum"
SonicExTc

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:05 am

Good luck, Kuja! Keep us updated!
Zeus Kabob

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:41 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

tomSpanks.jpg
tomSpanks.jpg (44.24 KiB) Viewed 4190 times

Hell... Yes...

Glad to see some quality graphics coming out even if it's 6 year in. brings me back to the days when there was still hope for this game. Hey glad to meet ya by the way. I'm one of the resident fuckups that keeps tryint to revitalize this project so I gotta say it's pretty refreshing seeing such quality content popping up. I'm pulling for you, all the way. Just let me know if you release the content, I may wanna have a hand at animation.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Soru » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

Those new models look great! And I'm glad to see a new LoK game being in development since I don't think more than a couple have ever been finished. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

My only complaint are the necks on Krystal and the female Sharpclaw; they seem too long and it bugs me a bit.
Soru

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Today i make some test - it is possible to make flash to unity model animation converts with i try GAF but get some problems - use it with UniSWF.

I do not know how good bad what is the full game like lok creation on unity - but for now it is look very possible.

So if you decided to use unity/flash may be i can help a little.

What is interesting - it is possible to get colorTransform of parts made in flash by speshial tehnology. Change frames of parts - so it looks like movie clip in flash but in unity.

You can not fullu change color - but can add rgb (so i think for white components it will work like change color).

If you know any other programs and/or ways to make good animation to unity please tell me.

--- --- ---

May be i am to rapid but what do you decided ? ;) Sorry but it is really interesting about LoK game on LoK forum for me :mrgreen:

What program will you use / what way to make animation and etc :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Abelius » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:What program will you use / what way to make animation and etc :mrgreen:

We'll be using Spine, so most of the animations will be skeletal based. Also, this app supports FFD so I'll try to introduce "3D-esque" effects if time permits. :roll:
Abelius

Postby kuja » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:12 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:

Hey there! Thank you for the offer, but Spartacus is already helping us with the coding right now. If we ever need help with it in the future I would make sure to contact you.
kuja

Postby ANooB » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Abelius Wrote:
OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:What program will you use / what way to make animation and etc :mrgreen:

We'll be using Spine, so most of the animations will be skeletal based. Also, this app supports FFD so I'll try to introduce "3D-esque" effects if time permits. :roll:

*hears FFD, spits out coffee and jizzes all over keyboard*

This is going to be very good, indeed.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby Abelius » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:22 pm

ANooB Wrote:*hears FFD, spits out coffee and jizzes all over keyboard*

This is going to be very good, indeed.

I'll try to live up to the expectations. :lol:
Abelius

PreviousNext