Need help

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Need help

Postby cboy123 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:10 pm

I need help hand drawing furys, i suck at drawing but really want to draw furys, can someone show me examples and explain how?
cboy123

Re: Need help

Postby ANooB » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

show us some examples and we'll red line them for you and tell you how to improve. I'm not the best at art, but I'll show you some techniques I use to help me push out passable material.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby cboy123 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Promise not to laugh at how bad it is? Lol
cboy123

Postby ANooB » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:56 am

You gotta start somewhere. Nobody uses this board anyways.

ANooB

Postby cboy123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:25 am

Well. I tried to draw this. Its not the actual drawing, but its what i tried to draw
Attachments
Screenshot_20160830-212454.png
It didnt work out
cboy123

Postby cboy123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:24 pm

And this is the clusturefuck that happened. I have never drew my entire life...... and that is what makes it so difficult. I know it's terrible, but thats why I need help
Last edited by cboy123 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
cboy123

Postby ANooB » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Try finishing it up. I'd like to commend you for posting this under fear of insult. It's good I see you regognizing important landmarks and curves, but they are not translating well mainly because you are doing what a certain critique community calls, "Symbol Drawing." Symbol drawing is quite common with budding artists partially because they aren't trained with some essential artistic principles. But also because they are not seeing their piece or reference properly. Since you're starting with human forms (not recommended, but that's how I started) I'd recommend studying an anatomy lesson before or during a draw session. Sycra has a great channel on youtube w/ everything you need. I'd also look into studying basic 2-point perspective because often times it's important to know what to draw on something when you're creating your own work, but it's often loose in application and not something you should scrutinize. It's benefits are that you'll be able to lay down some construction lines for your initial sketch which will really determine the quality of the final piece. I'll show you my ball-stack method and maybe it will help you. All in all you're doing good and in your defense, the pose in your reference is very complex and involves foreshortening, which is something I myself have yet to master. I'd recommend a more static pose, perhaps where the subject is standing up or saluting or something.

ANooB

Postby cboy123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:25 pm

Would this be a good one to try and do? Lol, I like tied up and bondage girls :lol:
Attachments
eb8289ae65847f210bbeeb8fa6886027.png
cboy123

Postby VintageBass » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:40 pm

I will say let's start off with very simple poses, like very basic. Something like a profile shot of the character facing directly at the viewer, or even a 3/4 angle shot can do as well. Simply standing is perfect nonetheless, if only more to get an idea as to what character you want to draw before getting to do posing like this. At least that's what I'm suggesting.

Also ink, noooo. Do pencils first. That way you're not going to end up making a mistake when you draw.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cboy123 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks vintage. I might draw a charictor and make it my profile pic, Like a charictor I would be when rp. Probably a big muscular wolf to really get down that dominance factor lol or just a simple nude fox girl or something
cboy123

Postby Jumbo70 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Its good to use references when you draw. But one should not start with them outright.
Study the body on arts. Check out a couple of helpful pictures that helps you move on. Pictures that show whats underneath, so to say, that helps you create art that looks alive and healthy.

I placed a couple of good study material in the spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Female_Anatomy_Reference_1_by_naiser.jpg
man_anatomy_drawing_study_backview.jpg
man_anatomy_drawing_study_backview.jpg (98.35 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
60218c7f137c8554af333f1260d91d70.jpg

As Vintage said. Start with simple things. Draw some legs, draw a bust, draw some hands and arms. Also its easier to do a 3/4 head than a head straight facing straight towards you.

When one looks at a refrence pictures and tries to copy it one often forgets to flesh out the picture. Before you start drawing the picture try to picture it as a stickman. Where would the lines go if it was a simple stickman? then start adding the blumps for a ribcage and hips. Move little steps a time.

I recommend drawing a reference two different times. Once by having the reference on a screen or printed paper then look at the reference while you draw. Once done. Wait a while and do it again, this time without the reference. Try to remember it. Do that a couple times then wait a couple of days and then do it again. That way you implement said styles to your own style.

But don't only draw of references, use you imagination. Think of different poses and characters. If you draw to much references you run the risk of being unable to draw without one. Then you are basically copying other artists creations and that is not your goal. You'l want to be your own artist create your own stuff(or stuff that others wish you to do for them)

Check my thread viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1758 Hopefully you can pick up some more pointers from there ^^

Also id stay as far as possible from ink while youre training :)
Jumbo70

Postby cboy123 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks jumbo! Hopefully I will create some sexy looking furry girls eventually. I really think the chart on the legs will help a LOT. When I actually have something worth sharing, ill post it here :)
cboy123

Postby Nikag » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:52 pm

cboy123 Wrote:Thanks jumbo! Hopefully I will create some sexy looking furry girls eventually. I really think the chart on the legs will help a LOT. When I actually have something worth sharing, ill post it here :)

Well basically, if you want to start drawing with no real skills behind, you need a digital pencil (or real one) and a lot of time.
Start with simple draft / sketches and eventually you will see the impressing differences comparing to your very first drawings

Do not expect first drawings to be as good as working artists can do
Nikag

Return to Tutorials