LoK v0.2 up on funnygames.biz

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

LoK v0.2 up on funnygames.biz

Postby CmdrFenix83 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Just checking a site for it's weekly update and noticed they just put the team's latest version up for play and thought I'd share that.

http://www.funny-games.biz/legend-of-krystal-v2.html
CmdrFenix83

Re: LoK v0.2 up on funnygames.biz

Postby Mr.Elefant » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 pm

About damn time. That guy takes a week to post new games, which annoys me.
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby Kryger » Sat May 08, 2010 1:38 am

agreed. nice avatar Cmdr. Code Geass was badass.
You are no God to me. This is a Reckoning.
You are nothing to me. This is a Reckoning.
Kryger

Postby Renara » Sat May 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Hmm, while it's good to see the game out there, it kind of annoys me that these sites just grab flash from all over and post them without bothering to ask for permission. I mean we don't have anything saying you can't distribute the file, but it's a bit shit of them to just assume, especially when they plaster advertising all over the site (which we will never do).
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby CmdrFenix83 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Kryger Wrote:agreed. nice avatar Cmdr. Code Geass was badass.

Thanks. :D Geass currently stands as my favorite series of all time with its' wonderful blend of action, humor, story, great characters(Kallen is my goddess), drama, and powerful emotional moments.

Renara Wrote:Hmm, while it's good to see the game out there, it kind of annoys me that these sites just grab flash from all over and post them without bothering to ask for permission. I mean we don't have anything saying you can't distribute the file, but it's a bit shit of them to just assume, especially when they plaster advertising all over the site (which we will never do).

Which is exactly why I posted that here. I've only been lurking around for a month and a half, and I didn't remember if you folks were alright with that site putting up your work. I agree that using someone else's work without permission is pretty shitty. FG often puts up games and video clips from paysites as well. They seem to be quite the equal-opportunity pirate. Though I can't complain too much, as the comments under the "Kay Fox and the Magic Sword" are what directed me here where I'm anxiously awaiting the new versions of LoK. So it isn't all bad, right? ;)
CmdrFenix83

Postby walsashi » Sat May 08, 2010 5:51 pm

I've been an avid supporter of funnygames.biz for a long time now, but there are some annoyances with the site. Speaking of plastering advertising, I use Google Chrome (Browser) and that little webcam pop up is annoying as anything. Even when you press X to close the box, a huge yellow square follows the scroll bar, obstructing your view from some of the games.
walsashi
Newly Registered

Postby The Unknown » Sat May 08, 2010 5:52 pm

i agree with renara altho the site itself isnt that bad but recently bc of those new download games its crap ppl cant even download it idk it might be me or not...
The Unknown

Postby Kalypso » Sat May 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Renara Wrote:Hmm, while it's good to see the game out there, it kind of annoys me that these sites just grab flash from all over and post them without bothering to ask for permission. I mean we don't have anything saying you can't distribute the file, but it's a bit shit of them to just assume, especially when they plaster advertising all over the site (which we will never do).

That's something I hate the most. Something we have to make sure we do in v0.3 is make sure the logo opens up the site in a new window. We should also consider putting a disclaimer to come check out our website to help us make v0.4 and whatnot, so even if some website yanks the game without our permission, at least we can enlarge our knowledge base.
About the ads... maybe we should leave a disclaimer around the game saying that in order to redistribute the game, you must not have any advertisements near, next to, around, or on top of the game. Even better, we could tell the sites personally when the game comes out :)
walsashi Wrote:I've been an avid supporter of funnygames.biz for a long time now, but there are some annoyances with the site. Speaking of plastering advertising, I use Google Chrome (Browser) and that little webcam pop up is annoying as anything. Even when you press X to close the box, a huge yellow square follows the scroll bar, obstructing your view from some of the games.

I have the same problem. It makes that noise that makes you think that your computer is logging off, really annoying, won't go away, right? It's not even blockable it with AdBlockerPro+ on Firefox because it's HTML5.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby KamiTsurugi » Tue May 11, 2010 1:43 am

walsashi Wrote:I've been an avid supporter of funnygames.biz for a long time now, but there are some annoyances with the site. Speaking of plastering advertising, I use Google Chrome (Browser) and that little webcam pop up is annoying as anything. Even when you press X to close the box, a huge yellow square follows the scroll bar, obstructing your view from some of the games.

Oh good, I'm not the only one with that issue. It really is pretty annoying. It's the only reason why I would go to its copycat site funny-base.com, which is basically the same only less organized and updates a bit less frequently.

There are some things that I do like about these sites though, even if they are pirating. I would prefer to get all of this stuff for free rather than be forced to pay for it, since I'm incredibly cheap.
KamiTsurugi
Newly Registered

Postby wizao » Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 am

Hi all!
Please dont get angry with funny-games, i just discovered the game there and i loved it! I think as far as they show the links to the forums, it is alright ^^
wizao
Newly Registered

Postby Renara » Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 am

wizao Wrote:I think as far as they show the links to the forums, it is alright ^^

Welcome! How did you actually find your way to the forums though? Now that you mentioned it I tried the link on the loading screen of the game and it doesn't appear to work for me without right-clicking and copying the link location, anyone else find the same if they visit that page? All I get instead is a pop-up to...yep, more advertising! If they have actually found a way to suppress links within the Flash file then I'll have to protest it, in future though we'll probably have a more site-specific logo to avoid all doubt as to where the new versions of game come from.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Fox Paradox » Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Renara Wrote:If they have actually found a way to suppress links within the Flash file then I'll have to protest it, in future though we'll probably have a more site-specific logo to avoid all doubt as to where the new versions of game come from.

So now it's time to make a logo!
This should be interesting ^^

Reminds me of the good old days of doing barrel-rolls and using bombs wisely.
Fox Paradox

Postby wizao » Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Renara Wrote:
wizao Wrote:I think as far as they show the links to the forums, it is alright ^^

Now that you mentioned it I tried the link on the loading screen of the game and it doesn't appear to work for me without right-clicking and copying the link location, anyone else find the same if they visit that page?

Now that you mention it, you're right! I thought i came here thanks to them, but instead, i just remembered i had to google 'Legend of Krystal Team' ! ^^
A logo would be a nice solution i think ^^

(sorry for my bad english ^^')
wizao
Newly Registered

Postby CmdrFenix83 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 am

Renara Wrote:Welcome! How did you actually find your way to the forums though? Now that you mentioned it I tried the link on the loading screen of the game and it doesn't appear to work for me without right-clicking and copying the link location, anyone else find the same if they visit that page? All I get instead is a pop-up to...yep, more advertising! If they have actually found a way to suppress links within the Flash file then I'll have to protest it, in future though we'll probably have a more site-specific logo to avoid all doubt as to where the new versions of game come from.

Well, I personally found my way here through a URL listed in the reviews of the K Fox game at the time. Took me to another site where I saw your comments and links directing here.
CmdrFenix83

Postby Kalypso » Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 am

Fox Paradox Wrote:So now it's time to make a logo!
This should be interesting ^^

Logo making time?
Woohoo! :D
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby thehammer » Wed May 12, 2010 5:25 am

Agreed.
thehammer

Postby kingcupworld » Sat May 15, 2010 7:06 am

That sounds interesting...
Thanks in advance...
kingcupworld

Postby Kalypso » Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 pm

You mean like this?
And all it took was about 8 minutes, layer effects, the StarFox Font and the StarFox Logo. Nothing official; just something I whipped up.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Outonbail » Sat May 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Kalypso Wrote:

You mean like this?
And all it took was about 8 minutes, layer effects, the StarFox Font and the StarFox Logo. Nothing official; just something I whipped up.

GLORIUS!
Outonbail

Postby DemonFiren » Sat May 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Kinda. What we need is, though, to remind people it's not only Krys, Zelda, for instance, as well.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal