Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 am

Heh, well yes, I already had the poses down and was originally going to make Gwyn a bit lighter on the armor but just couldn't find anything that... well, looked right, imo. She does take her clothes off in the sex scene though eventually.

2.5 hours to download? Check your speed o_O The file size itself should only be around 50MB.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby krannel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 am

Hello good fellas, it is I, the lurker. Well one amongst many I guess. But it lasted long enough and while I did enjoy these forums for quiet some time, I never really got to the posting part, which is in my mind the very least I should have done, in that thanking part of the whole affair.
Anyway, that's me, and now about you KITAmaru. Yes you, thank you for sharing this fine piece of RPG. I really appreciate what you have done so far and enjoy reading all these dialogues and interactions. It's been a while since I had interest in any RPG on that level, heck in any videogame to be precise. The h-scenes are bonuses for me, even though they do get me off easily and are what I came for in the first place, I grew to care for these girls. Well I did sacrify a bunch of girls to bandits before it happened to me (I refer to the caring part not the fapping one) and mostly my dear proud and strong Rhiannon, but after the 0.06c update, I've started to play more seriously with Sairyn, had great a kick-ass experience with the Wolfram scene where she handles the situation on her own, while every other characters I tried before got either groped or rescued by Wolfram. Damnit I really don't want anything to happen to my little Sairyn when I play her and really appreciated the scenes with Gwyn.
I overheard on this topic that we don't get much info on Sairyn, that she is not a favorite or that she isn't really interesting. But really I am really happy with what has been done so far on her, and would like to be reserved some background, some crunchy details for later on. Like it's true that her buyer in the Chambers has no relation to her, while most other girls get visited by someone they are known of, adding a layer of welcome immersion and background, building the characters. While it indeed develops characters, since Sairyn is (I'm not really sure if it is true, I didn't really explore every ladies yet) the exception, it thickens the mystery around her and appeal to my interest.

One thing about this game that I noticed is that amongst RPG Maker VX games, it is EXTREMELY heavy on the H-content, which is almost too easy to get since it's upon loss--but I understand that some players actually like it that way, and having to work too hard to get to the 'good parts' can ultimately be frustrating more than anything.

So yeah to add to that part, for me it's either I'm going after a turn on or I play seriously, trying to avoid defeat, because even in a game, well the sex is forced upon you, while what I want is to do it my way, to stay in power. It adds a huge level of immersion, of depth in the gameplay. Sure when you are in an horny state you don't care much about the mechanism and just take the fast good part. That's still good to be able to do it. As much as when you fight seriously, that you invest yourself in the character and that you confront Xanrud and get defeated and then get sent to stalls and whatnot happens to you, that you lose the power, god it gives me chills. And I really enjoy the gameover encounters, when failure ends the adventure, it keeps you on your toe. That's some of these gameplay mechanism that I think makes the difference between an enjoyable game and one you will spend days playing.

So yeah, anyway, Sairyn FTW and please keep enjoying yourself working on this big baby of yours, I sure know I do enjoy seeing you do so.
krannel
Newly Registered

Postby DragonRB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:19 am

Hey KITA, I remember somewhere (not even sure which forum >_<) you had been talking with someone about restoring HP and MP on level up? It's actually pretty easy. Just add the following 2 lines to the end of the level up code:

Code: Select All Code
self.hp = maxhp
self.mp = maxmp

The level up code is in the Game_Actors object. Around line 540, I think. I would have PM'd you, but apparently you have to post a few times before you can compose messages. >_>
DragonRB

Postby dellindis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 am

yeah the download only took me a minite
dellindis
Newly Registered

Postby Zodiark69 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 am

That was pretty interesting. Though Xanrud seems to be a lot weaker in the second fight, as opposed to the first one. You do this on purpose?
Zodiark69

Postby CeilingCat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 am

The downloads do take an unusually long time. Have you considered using mediafire? My favourite, since it's fast and doesn't have those idiotic time limits/capcha codes.
Anyway, nice work on the patch. And way to fix that glitch in record time.
CeilingCat

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

DragonRB-
Oh, sweet! Thanks again. Yeah, I forgot about the whole 10 post thing for this particular forum... G_G
I guess if there's anything you personally want to see in the thread, you could always hit me up in the fetish / discussion thread (link located in signature), provided it's within reason, heh. I could even give you an email address if you absolutely need it.

Zodiark-
Yeah, I did make him a tad weaker since I found him basically impossible to beat with Lanie at certain levels that many players would be at otherwise. So I added an elemental weakness or two plus reduced his HP and attack just a little bit--though he's still stronger than any boss previously faced at this point.

krannel-
Welcome and thanks for posting, as well as the support! Glad to see someone who is actually, well, getting attached to the character, as I spend a lot of time on the writing, and though it doesn't always come out as award-winning type of stuff, I definitely am happy to see people appreciating it.
Despite this being my first project where I still don't know a whole lot about VX in general, there are tons upon tons of rough storyline ideas that I... well, need to organize and execute. Even the whole Gwyn mini-quest was kind of a last-minute whipped-up thing amidst all of the ideas that are still 'in line', heh! Though I'm satisfied with how it turned out, since it was a pretty cool introduction to the leader of the Rogues' Division.

Don't worry, Sairyn has quite a bit of background and at least two character-specific NPC's to encounter thus far. Actually, out of all the characters with things lined up, I think Thyme actually has the least (perhaps because she has so much potential with the whole lives-longer-than-a-normal-human thing, I didn't bother to focus on her first) mini storylines coming up. Which is all well and fine since she remains high on all the charts, so I wouldn't complain about Sai gaining in popularity after that. I also find Sairyn kind of neat in that she lets me name certain techniques for skills and so on--originally, she'd be a gung-fu type of chick as one would expect, but I decided to throw in a little of everything for fandom purposes.
Anyway, again, thanks for first-time posting and stay tuned!

A bit off-topic but is anyone here skilled with photo editing in terms of palette swaps, and the like? I need a certain portrait's skin color changed... eheh...
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Gorbaz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Heh, well yes, I already had the poses down and was originally going to make Gwyn a bit lighter on the armor but just couldn't find anything that... well, looked right, imo. She does take her clothes off in the sex scene though eventually.

2.5 hours to download? Check your speed o_O The file size itself should only be around 50MB.

Yes. I have a very, very slow internet connection. I'm convinced the provider slows it down, too, so I can't even watch a standard youtube vid without having to pause and wait for it to catch up!

Who knows, might manage to check it out tonight...
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby DragonRB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 am

No requests from me, boss. I'm just a code monkey. :ugeek: I can do that pallet swap for you, though. I count mad photoshop skillz amongst my many talents. 8-)
DragonRB

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

Whoops!

Somehow didn't notice Sairyn's orgasm line with the orc, I don't know how I managed to miss it.

Welp, that's it. She's up on the favourites list as well, as I knew would eventually happen inevitably.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Ceilingcat-
Mediafire, I've always loved it myself as a hentai downloading type of person... good idea. I'll keep that in mind for future references. I originally used Sendspace because it uploads my files rather quickly, then tried Multiupload as of late since it tends to have lots of backups (for people who have problems with one site or another for whatever reason). I do remember MF being damn fast though and not have these stupid wait times, however...

DragonRB-
Geez, awesome! Well, I ultimately did end up finding a battler sprite that worked, after digging through like 300 OF 'EM in Japanese VX resource websites. Amazing how freaking difficult it can be to find a portrait, a walking sprite, AND a battler for nearly any dark-skinned guy. DATS RACIST, etc.
If I had just used character portraits made from their 3DCG forms, I think I'd have been able to add a little more racial diversity a la Harem, but I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely love the artstyle for the default VX RTP characters. These girls seriously need more H of them made.

Lucky-
Orgasm line? Was it the 'feel free to...' one or the 'fiance-take care of me' one? 'Cause I was gonna say, the latter is just her being pseudo-Asian... j/k.

If people are wondering why there hasn't been any new equips or weapon/armor shops as of late, well... heh, all the combat balancing has left me under the impression that characters are strong enough already at this point in time. Mind you, we're at what, the third weapons, so I can always add in the 'third' set of armor to match, which will probably happen next patch. So far I have five already made and another five named, and weapons 7, 8, 9 and 10 for each type sound pretty epic (are based off of legendary weapons, as is a traditional RPG staple), so I gotta be careful not to rush headfirst into those until we're at LEAST in the last two divisions, so it's gonna be a while.

Speaking of, no current ETA on the next patch just yet, but I've already finished two new maps and found some extra resources that I'll need. I'm going to be moving around the weekend of the 19th and won't have internet after that until the company gets it up, so yeah, just a heads up. Doesn't mean I won't be working on the project though! :P
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 am

Definitely the "Feel free to" text box.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 am

Ahh. Kind of a submissive girl thing, yep. Hahaha...
As ridiculous as the game's premise is, a lot of what they say here isn't THAT unrealistic as some might expect... girls say some pretty interesting things in bed sometimes. Besides maybe the whole 'commoner' thing that a certain character here likes to say, since not a lot of people use that term nowadays to begin with.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li7xd ... o1_500.jpg

Also toying with the idea of certain characters having different erogenous zones, not necessarily as a game mechanic, but for flavor text reasons with relevance to the type of scene.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:32 am

Them having different favourite erogenous zones/fetishes/positions sounds fun to me. It's totally something you could toy with.

On the subject, the only girl that I had thought might ALREADY have had a specific favourite was Lanie, from the Sailors scene where she wanted 'em to let her ass get in on the action as well.

As long as it never arrives at the occasionally realistic, but rather hentai-unfriendly state of some of 'em having zones that do absolutely nothing for 'em at all or outright turn 'em off, I'm all for it. Lanie's "That's my weak spot ... well, everywhere is, basically, but that one's my favourite" type line pretty much sums up what I'd be most happy to see coming out of that idea of yours.

In terms of character strength, yeah, they seem to be plenty strong for where they are now, at level 10 and even before. Oneshots of an area's weak enemies is basically my standard for "YEP, STRONG ENOUGH FOR THIS AREA : D" so that's how I'm measuring it. ...Now, on THAT subject, Is Lanie's concentrate working properly, by the way? I haven't tested it in the full release, but in the test version there's no WAY it made her spells do double damage, even though it claims to double her spirit.
Does it just double her BASIC spirit, not her "Weapon enhanced" spirit, so that you end up with a smaller boost than you might expect?
Even if it does, though I'm ... really not sure it was doing much of anything at ALL in the test version, except maybe making the minimum damage marginally higher.

Also oh god is that a praying mantis run for your life when you're done
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 am

Ah yes, Lanie's weakness is her ass, for the most part.
It does indeed raise her Spirit to 200% for that turn, but apparently the formula isn't so simple that doubled Spirit translates directly into double damage.
LOL yes, it's Crazy Girlfriend Praying Mantis
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 am

Cool. If you ever do find out what the formula for Spirit to magic damage is, I'm interested in knowing : O

Struck me as odd because double physical attack power DID seem to more or less double the damage on the other characters.

Like, the difference between barehanded Cesca fisting a guard in the face with Assassin's Strike, and her using DUAL KATZBALGERS *riff*
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 am

Lucky-
Yeah, I'll letcha know if I find it.

Azurite Wrote:Greetings everyone, first message on this forum !

I wanted to congratulate you, KITAmaru, on this wonderful game, I'm really enjoying myself so far: hot sex scenes, fun combats and interesting texts/dialogues.
I'll try to collaborate later if I have suggestions or if I find bugs.

Still, I got one question: Is there a purity meter in the game so far ?
If "yes" where is it, if "no" are you planning on implementing one ?

I'm sorry if you already answered this question, the topic is quiet dense with replies.

There IS a Purity meter in the game, actually--it has been there from early versions, really. Each girl starts at a different Purity value, though you can check the score by talking to mirrors, which so far can be found in the Chambers and the Barracks. I was supposed to have a script that would display such a thing for this patch, but that didn't work out due to some complications so hopefully it'll be ready by 0.08.
The mirrors themselves also show the values for the counters regarding how many times your character has been cummed inside, and what orifice. XD
Kind of strange, I know, but Violated Heroine had something like it, and it was easy enough to implement, so I figured why not.

Of course, the way your character reacts in a majority of H-scenes, as well as the choices you can make in certain situations, can change depending on your Purity level. For certain NPC's (such as Gwyn), your ability to have a relationship with them is also dependent on your Purity score.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Zel » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:58 am

Looking forward to trying the new stuff, but I'm getting a 1 hour download time as well. Whoever you have hosting it is very stingy on the bandwidth.
Zel
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:22 am

So can your low purity score get you access to some NPC versus a high? I know for most of them you need a high.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:50 am

Well, so far a low Purity score can get you more H-scenes overall, such as in the case of the bandit at Wolfram's checkpoint, the option to seduce the Veteran Pikeman, the twins, the sleeping bandits, and to unlock additional options with the bandit chasers in the Chambers. However, a high Purity score will be linked to establishing actual consensual relationships or more 'romantic' encounters as opposed to the more 'sleazy' ones. So far it's only required to get Gwyn, but there will be other instances that will become more frequent in the future with regards to Purity in the upper end.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner