-=WOLO=- Online/Offline RPG.

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

-=WOLO=- Online/Offline RPG.

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 am

Hello. There was a lot of problems - my PC was formated / my account was forgoten and i lose it when try to added login and email. But for now all is okay.
PC works / account is back.

WoLO - World of (LegendOfKrystal) Online. I plan to use all that is possible to use from LoK forums for the game :mrgreen: To make it like one big online world.

The last WOLO topic was deleted - becouse i cannot added first post of topic. So i ask to delete it.
And now i am rrecreating it.

The base idea of the game is 2d flash MMORPG game where you can play offline too. You need to communicate with other players / colletc items and make quests. If all will go well it will be 18+ designed and will be like LoK game.

Game will be seporated on 2 parts:

1) Online game - where you can play with other players chat with them and have some actions / use arenas / may be some raid boss fights.
2) Offline game - where you can farm some materials + some basic quests / communicate with NPC and then load progress to the server.

Now i use test server for the game with powers: 1 CPU = 2 GHZ / 1 GB ram / 20 GB space. OS- CentOS 7+.
The test show that it is possible for more than 25+ players to be online in the same time. (This value will be 200 players after code optimization i hope and more if i upgrade server - but i do not think that i will need it).
For the first time there will be not much of location so even 25 players will be big ;)

Plans:
I hope that project will be half or full open source (I hope that i will post all the code some day with out server passwords ;) )
I do not plan to make it commercial or some thing - and i hope that it will be free to use for not commercial purpose too.
But it is too far going plans ;)

About game code:

1)Game is developing on AS3 a.f.p. cs6 IDE
2)Server side code developing on PHP.
3)Datavase MySql (Or MariaDB).
4)Data get/set - socets and UrlRequests from flash to PHP scripts.

If you are interested in project - you can always help ;)

If you are good in design / arts / english grammar / animation / drawing / writing - and etc - and you want to help - write in this topic your ideas ;)
And even if you are not good - write your ideas please ! May be i will really need them :oops: ;)

For now it is naked server + client connection test engine - a lot of thingth will change. If you do not like some elements and know how to make better please write to ! Now is only prototype !!!

If to say trully i am not good in drawing and animation / design / english grammar and etc ... :mrgreen: I am only a programmer ! So it will be very cool if some body will help :mrgreen:
But if not - I hope the game will work fine some day but it will take more time ;)

SERVER OFFLINE

Testing again ... .

IF THERE ARE LUGS IN MOTION - WRIGHT PLEASE I WILL TRY TO MAKE SERVER WORK FASTER BY LOWER DELAYS.
And please where are you from - i need to undersatnd your ping :mrgreen:
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 25 times in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Re: -=WOLO=- Online/Offline RPG.

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 am

It is prototype example of the game - I plan to make it for a long time so for now it is only fast made prototype of engine.

Chat prototype - for testing :

TIU CAN USE LOGIN AND PASSWORD :
Login: 123
Password: 132

For tests !!!

It is already 2000+ accounts in DB :oops: I will drop table soon i plan to make some changes in db so old accounts will be deleted !!!
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:51 am

Testing engine already - connetcing sockets.

Find interesting bug while optimize speed of server script work.

Need new algoritms of work for sockets for now. Data is added one to another - can not understand when it happens.

On chat you can see it like this - data is in one bubble.

Will test it for now.

But what is funny i make sleep(2) - so it is 2 seconds delay in script work :mrgreen: So in real time situation it will not show like this. I hope. But need to fix it ;)

Big problem solved -> now i can disconnect users by my own will :twisted: Or when they are disconnected from the server - no dead users yahoooo !!!
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby vesolan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:10 pm

so its going to be like nutaku games ? but with LegendOfKrystal content? sounds like a good idea :)
vesolan
Newly Registered

Postby PeppermintEyes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 am

Looking good so far!

As I posted in the previous thread, if you need someone to write, I have a pretty good command of the English language, as well as character/world building and plot structure.

I'm also not too bad at drawing (while I'm not the greatest drawer, I can usually whip up something visually pleasing where needed).

PlayShapes has a bunch of old resources on here that you might like to look over (art and animations). If not used for the final product, they might at least be good to work with while the game is still in early development.
PeppermintEyes
Newly Registered

Postby PeppermintEyes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:24 am

Although, in regards to creating new visual properties, I think it would be more interesting for the game to be based mostly on open source/public domain content found on this forum – at least when it comes to avatars.
PeppermintEyes
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:37 am

vesolan Wrote:so its going to be like nutaku games ? but with LegendOfKrystal content? sounds like a good idea :)

Thank you !!! I find a lot of interesting thingth in this games. So i hope it will be some parts from it in the game. (Idea parts)

PeppermintEyes Wrote:Although, in regards to creating new visual properties, I think it would be more interesting for the game to be based mostly on open source/public domain content found on this forum – at least when it comes to avatars.

I will post some game sources soon. So game will be opened as much as possible. Now have the real problem with sockets - creating chat but it works with errors. 40 hours -> no result i am looking like really evel guy now :lol:

PlayShapes has a bunch of old resources on here that you might like to look over (art and animations)
Ammm resources WHERE ??? I must see it :mrgreen: :twisted: ;)

I will soon post models and animator class that i use for models (it is very fast made and it libruary looks like random named parts :roll: ) So sorry for that but i hope i will addet it some day :roll:
So it will be possible to fix them soon ;)

=== === ===

Now the most focus is on sockets - I need to make chat engine and the game core. (To move rectangles for example for the first time).

If chat will wok well - i will test it on hard load - and if will be okay then ... then all will go good ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 am

Write for myself for not to forget:

Little information:

1) A lot of server errors were fixed in chat server script.
2) Start to create actions server.

The idea of work:
0)User connects to server and read its UID/Character name/Location/x,y,z/ by login and password.
1)When user connects to server -> He sand information about his location + uid + name to server.
2)Server transfer data about it to all clients in the same location.
3)When user get post about new user - it loads new model of character from BD by its UID.

4)If user disconnects from the server -> or change location -> it sends to server command change location - or server see that client is disconnected. Then server sends new_location=0 (if disconnects) or new_location=ID_NumberOfLocation to users in the same location.
5)Client destroy players model with the same UID that he loaded - if it exist.

6)If player change location it sends signal that he change location to server - destroy all data of his current location.

I think i did not forgot anything ... .

Sounds simple ... but not as simple to make :lol:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Start to rework my old AYA algoritmth for multiplayer.

I will add motion soon i hope.

Simple example of algoritmth - are there - for now do not rewrite collisions - but soon i will add all this i hope.
AYAcore was not designed for multiplayer - but was on near step before it - so it will be possible to make, but will take some time need to add network communication part to it.

Little example of cameras / speed of motion work.

--- --- ---

After talk in chat with some people i understand some thingth. Chat will be remade. On new resolution (game will be on bigger resolution i think).
Will be added smiles and algoritmth to work more simple with chat - now it is very uncomfortable to write i know that.

There are already rooms in chat - but you can not use them - it is like ingame location for now all users are loading in one location ... :mrgreen: ;)

The problem with few not disconnecting players will be soon fix i hope :roll:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Servers were rewrited. It takes to much powers - but now i hope all will work good - testing again :roll:

IF YOU HAVE LUGS PLEASE WRITE WHERE ARE YOU FROM !!!

I will try to use direct IP soon and make lower delays may be it will help.
(But the bad thing is that server is located in russia ... so if you are far away you will have some freezez).

I may be try to make animator clas that will not show to much freezes in future for people with bad ping. But if you location is far away it will be lugs (( Thinking about fixing it.

Now i gather big log file to understnd server problems and errors. I need it to understand what kind of game will i make.

If it will be to much ping problems it will not be action and more like step by step combat.

If you get some problem i will see it on log file and try to remove it. Thanks to all who loged in the test prototype ;)

And the first skill animation ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Tests comes to an end.

Good news:

Server side part works good now.
A lot of components from AYA work with this net project and works normal - but not perfect.

Bad news:

Flash is not designed for such games when i start testing - when there are to much players - starts lugs :oops: When players from old and slow devices tryed to play - i saw there pain.
Players who are long distance to my server have lugs too.

What i can understand from this:
1) Server part and a lot of game components works good.
2) To make game based on what we have now - will be bad idea - becouse only players from good PC can use it. (And even so it will have lugs).

Possible solutions:
I see 2 ways to make MMORPG on flash now:
1)To make it on Starling -> it will let use fast perfomancy of Stage3d Molehil.
2)Will work even on calculators.
3)Will work on IOS and android if i decided to make support of it.
4)Not a lot of code to change.
What is good :
I can use any models i have and all flash models from the LoK community.

What is bad :
Starling support only 2d images with out vectors like PNG (If i am not mistaken). So ... the size of the game will be bigger for each new animation for example: Animation that takes 4 KB size in Flash starts to have size 400Kb
It is possible to use some vectors too - but there will be some difficulties too. For example
Have to read starling documintation first :mrgreen:
If all will become like this it will be hard to make character costumization so all players will have not got a lot of options how to look like :(

2)Make it on Away3d / Flare3d may be Alternativa 3d.
1)What is good -> it is full 3d.
2)Will work on IOS and android if i decided to make support of it.

What is bad -> no materials can be used -> no info where to take models and etc -> no exp in creating and animating 3d models - only some basics.
Do not even know what to do with costumization.
Do not have a lot of exp so will need to read a lot.

3)To understand another ways and try them :roll: :mrgreen:

And now question : What is better ? :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby zerota » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:23 am

its realy coming together keep going ^^
zerota
Newly Registered

Postby LMJD » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:03 am

You're making amazing progress on a great game. You mind me asking if there is a chance that we may see a demo/alpha soon, or is it to soon to ask?
LMJD

Postby KiWolfGirl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 am

I forgot my password -_-
KiWolfGirl

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:12 am

It is to soon to say about alpha ))) I am only testing different components now. I newer use it together.

Now i try to make game full 3d but i am very bad in 3d - so i try to make simple 3 d models for 3 days already (rigg Krysta model :evil: :roll: and fail every time :lol: :oops: )

If i decided to make game in full 3d it will be a lot of remake in the game.

And by the way - where is possible to find free nude 3 d furry models ? :mrgreen: Becouse for now i can not draw in blender by myself so i will need to lurn it too :( if i did not find some thing :roll: :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby LMJD » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:15 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:And by the way - where is possible to find free nude 3 d furry models ? :mrgreen: Becouse for now i can not draw in blender by myself so i will need to lurn it too :( if i did not find some thing :roll: :mrgreen:

As in already made designs of furry models that you can download and play around with or tutorials in making them? Or are you just looking for a gallery of 3D models or 3D furry models that you can base your designs on?
LMJD

Postby Firefall » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Well, not much too it so far, but this looks pretty interesting, hope you keep at it.
Firefall

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:35 am

LMJD Wrote:
OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:And by the way - where is possible to find free nude 3 d furry models ? :mrgreen: Becouse for now i can not draw in blender by myself so i will need to lurn it too :( if i did not find some thing :roll: :mrgreen:

As in already made designs of furry models that you can download and play around with or tutorials in making them? Or are you just looking for a gallery of 3D models or 3D furry models that you can base your designs on?

Need some models to use like base ;)

Well, not much too it so far, but this looks pretty interesting, hope you keep at it.

Thank you.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby LMJD » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:21 pm

If you want already made designs to base your 3D model on, I recommend checking out 2 fantastic games with amazing 3D models, also, maybe the creators of the models can help you, give you a few tips and tricks but I dont know what they are like, they seem to be cool people that are willing to help but I dont know. Anyways, check out the 3D Furry/Yiff games Yiffalicious http://www.yiffalicious.com/ and Cathouse Tale https://www.patreon.com/thecathousetale. They are both amazing 3D furry games with incredible artisits and model creators.
If you want a gallery of 3D models to base your designs on, I know a few sites that can help with that, one of theme is e-hentai, its got a great list of 3D and 2D models.
http://g.e-hentai.org/?f_doujinshi=0&f_ ... ply+Filter
Now, when it comes down to creating models and game designing, I know im not much help. I don't know anything about making my own 3D model or making a game, I can't even draw, so sorry if this is not much help, I only know a few places that i can redirect you to that might help you with making your game. I wish I could be more helpful but I lack the knowledge and skill to do so, sorry, but hopefully these might help.
LMJD

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Thank you very much !!!

But i think may be Starling will be better for the game. The problem is it is too hard to animate in 3d for me. I try it and understand that ... it looks really bad :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :oops: . So 2d that use stage 3d will be better solution i think.

It will let to make small world with out run like in 3d - and it is much more easy to animate. And i already have 2d parts of the world so it will be more simple.

I find solution how to change colors in starling - so i think i will remake character creator. And may be add model like Renamon ;) by the way - i found her model on LoK forum again.

The bad thing is that i will need to remake each model again :evil: :cry: :oops:

And demon girl - model will be changed becouse i need not make all models the same (the animations will be in sprite list so it is no need to make the same animation for all models).
The bad thing is that i will need 1 sprite sheet for each animation of each model - so if it will be for example 5 models and i decide to make some animation with another 3 models (for example some sex animation) - i will need 5*3=15 sprite sheets - and its size will be 8 mb just for only 1 animation.

It is another way that i found in some game source - where 1 models is seporated from another (in Breading Season there was that way of animation). But i need to understand how is better to make it with sprite lists.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Next

Return to Flash Projects