Space Paws (alpha 0.75.2 public // 0.82.1 for patrons)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Space Paws (alpha 0.38.2)

Postby WingsofChange » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Before I even start on what I was going to say on this post I have to say this. Great job on making this game to all the Tai team you're really making trying to make a patreon flash game like an old school AAA title; that cared about quality and quantity and not trying to make money like every game these days.

Ok for the actual things I need to say here, I need a little help on the Allison ending I can't even get into the diary room and everytime i try to build the relationship status with her i keep getting the same dialogue "must visit atleast 3 planets". Do I need to like reach a certin day or something? Also do you guys plan on releasing old versions of walkthroughs for unpatreons in the future while patreons will still get the current edition like non patreons will get walkthrough v 0.10 while patreons would get v 0.42.
Last edited by WingsofChange on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”
-Mae West and Woody Allen
WingsofChange

Postby Kumokumo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm

WingsofChange Wrote:Before I even start on what I was going to say on this post I have to say this. Great job on making this game to all the Tai team you're really making trying to make a patreon flash game like an old school AAA title; that cared about quality and quantity and not trying to make money like every game these days.

Ok for the actual things I need to say here, I need a little help on the Allison ending I can't even get into the diary room and everytime i try to build the relationship status with her i keep getting the same dialogue "must visit atleast 3 planets". Do I need to like reach a certin day or something? Also do you guys plan on releasing old versions of walkthroughs for unpatreons in the future while patreons will still get the current edition like non patreons will get walkthrough v 0.10 while patreons would get v 0.42.

I'm pretty sure that was answered on a previous post, try skimming through pages 3-5 and see if you can't find it. But i believe it had something to do with a moon, and a dog in a red dress
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby WingsofChange » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Kumokumo Wrote:
WingsofChange Wrote:Before I even start on what I was going to say on this post I have to say this. Great job on making this game to all the Tai team you're really making trying to make a patreon flash game like an old school AAA title; that cared about quality and quantity and not trying to make money like every game these days.

I'm pretty sure that was answered on a previous post, try skimming through pages 3-5 and see if you can't find it. But i believe it had something to do with a moon, and a dog in a red dress

That's actually for the easter egg which is pretty easy to trigger once you know how to do it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Talk to the girl in red before Day 13 then on Day 13 go back to the market place (only works on 0.38.2 and later. (it's thirteen because 13 is considered a unlucky and dark number))

I'm actually talking about progressing with Allison, but you may be right people have asked this before but no answer but I will search again.
Last edited by WingsofChange on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”
WingsofChange

Postby SinForged » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:24 pm

WingsofChange Wrote:
Kumokumo Wrote:

That's actually for the easter egg which is pretty easy to trigger once you know how to do it.

Talk to the girl in red before Day 13 then on Day 13 go back to the market place (only works on 0.38.2 and later. (it's thirteen because 13 is considered a unlucky and dark number))

I'm actually talking about progressing with Allison, but you may be right people have asked this before but no answer but I will search again.

You have to do all 3 dates with Roselyn, then you can go to those same places with Allison. Just don't have sex with Roselyn during the dates. (Well, you can, but I'm sure that will have consequences later.)
SinForged

Postby furriesmaster24 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:05 pm

ive been playing the game for 12 hours and i cant get to the sex im going to cry because i cant answer the set of questions with the fireflies thing correctly SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I CANT DO IT for the version Space Paws (Alpha 0.10) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
furriesmaster24
Newly Registered

Postby Kumokumo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 pm

SinForged Wrote:
WingsofChange Wrote:

You have to do all 3 dates with Roselyn, then you can go to those same places with Allison. Just don't have sex with Roselyn during the dates. (Well, you can, but I'm sure that will have consequences later.)

Oh, THAT!! Ya, you need to do what he said. Though i had sex with Roselyn and it was fine, if there are any consequences then they aren't implemented yet. What can i say? I just can't say No to that beautiful, sexy bitch.... (bitch referring to her species of course) ;D
Kumokumo

Postby Kumokumo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:09 pm

furriesmaster24 Wrote:ive been playing the game for 12 hours and i cant get to the sex im going to cry because i cant answer the set of questions with the fireflies thing correctly SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I CANT DO IT for the version Space Paws (Alpha 0.10) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, i know it looks daunting and if you just guess randomly you'll never figure it out. But there is no pressure, if you fail you CAN try again (or if you saved before speaking to the girl, you can reload save) and there is no time limit topic your answers. There is a trick to answering it tho and it's actually quite interesting, it just involves a moderate (not basic) understanding and knowledge of colors. Try to listen to their questions and try to imagine a color. The riddles are made to great a kind of colorful imagery, so rather than trying to Think about the answer you need to FEEL the answer (which frankly was an amazing job on your part TaiFun). For example: when you think of a sunset, what color do you think of? If you think of the color Black or Green then obviously this challenge isn't for you (or you're color blind, in which case this a huge middle finger in your face...) :?

If you still can't figure it out, i suppose you can PM me about it and i could give you tips. Though I really hate giving out answers to riddles and puzzles, at least when i do give out my hints they won't be too vague or half-assed. And worst case scenario i'll just spell it out for you (though it will make me feel sad that i couldn't help you find the answer on your own) :3
Kumokumo

Postby WingsofChange » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:03 am

Kumokumo Wrote:
furriesmaster24 Wrote:ive been playing the game for 12 hours and i cant get to the sex im going to cry because i cant answer the set of questions with the fireflies thing correctly SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I CANT DO IT for the version Space Paws (Alpha 0.10) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, i know it looks daunting and if you just guess randomly you'll never figure it out. But there is no pressure, if you fail you CAN try again (or if you saved before speaking to the girl, you can reload save) and there is no time limit topic your answers. There is a trick to answering it tho and it's actually quite interesting, it just involves a moderate (not basic) understanding and knowledge of colors. Try to listen to their questions and try to imagine a color. The riddles are made to great a kind of colorful imagery, so rather than trying to Think about the answer you need to FEEL the answer (which frankly was an amazing job on your part TaiFun). For example: when you think of a sunset, what color do you think of? If you think of the color Black or Green then obviously this challenge isn't for you (or you're color blind, in which case this a huge middle finger in your face...) :?

If you still can't figure it out, i suppose you can PM me about it and i could give you tips. Though I really hate giving out answers to riddles and puzzles, at least when i do give out my hints they won't be too vague or half-assed. And worst case scenario i'll just spell it out for you (though it will make me feel sad that i couldn't help you find the answer on your own) :3

I think he's actually referring to the Roselyn ending and not the easter egg here which I have to agree it was a really clever way to do it and the best part is if you get it right you keep re-playing it if you want to. If I'm correct on this all I have to say to make this fair to the patrons here who got the walkthrough on the matter is to pay very close attention to Roselyn's dialogue in each of the locations and jot down any important information.

WingsofChange

Postby Kumokumo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:25 am

wow wings, you're a really life saver. Giving the right answers doesn't help if it's to the wrong questions. I'm sorry you have to keep correcting me because i misread the questions lol, that doesn't usually happen to me. It's pretty embarrassing XD

Anyways, even though it's so far an isolated incident, i'll take it serious and try and read more carefully Before i try to help. If this happens a 3rd time, i might go back to lurking lmao XD
Kumokumo

Postby WingsofChange » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 am

Kumokumo Wrote:wow wings, you're a really life saver. Giving the right answers doesn't help if it's to the wrong questions. I'm sorry you have to keep correcting me because i misread the questions lol, that doesn't usually happen to me. It's pretty embarrassing XD

Anyways, even though it's so far an isolated incident, i'll take it serious and try and read more carefully Before i try to help. If this happens a 3rd time, i might go back to lurking lmao XD

Aww thanks well anyway don't worry it happens to the best of us it happens to me all of the time and did recently. Well I found that out cause of the Alison trouble I was having which is now resolved that, but at the time I could only do the Roselyn ending so I knew how to beat it. Btw to save from this thread being back and forth about things like this if you need help this game by all means im open to a PM and I'll help the best I can.

WingsofChange

Postby WingsofChange » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:57 am

I'm going ask this because I'm pretty sure no one has asked this. But back a few post and updates you said something that you shortened the merchant's questions from 10 to 5 and that got me thinking, if you could add a difficulty setting option before you set up a new game. For example if you choose hard all of the merchants original questions will be asked not just five and hints would no longer appear etc. Now I'm not a developer so I have no idea if this could work or not but if it could in someway love to see if become a feature.
Last edited by WingsofChange on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WingsofChange

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 am

I would second this :3
Kumokumo

Postby aephrosi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I played the 0.15 version in the OP, then I played through 0.38.2 and the upgrades make a big difference. The puzzles are pretty good, though on the color one I just made it through by process of elimination.

I agree with Kumokumo and Totemist that the main character is fairly annoying. Feels quite immature and very "OMG BOOBIEZ!"

Also, I liked the old interface more. *shrug*
aephrosi

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm

aephrosi Wrote:I agree with Kumokumo and Totemist that the main character is fairly annoying. Feels quite immature and very "OMG BOOBIEZ!"

Yea i can only speak for myself in this regard as i'm sure others feel differently, but i feel like few people can get away with the "OMG BOOBIEZ" personality if it's used in a serious regard. Like for games like Elana Champion of Lust and GoRepeat's SnT universe, they get away with it because it's used for humorous and explainable character quirks that aid with the story. THAT SAID: There are moments where as much as i hate his blatant perversion, i feel like it adds more to the game as it goes on. I didn't appreciate it at first, but i came to realize that if he's an upstanding, charming person all the time then there would be no character growth. The fact that he is a womanizing douchebag to start actually gives him room to grow as a person, like with the Rosalyn ending. Plus that change also adds to the feel that (since he awoke with amnesia) he's slowly re-discovering himself. All i can say is, though it's annoying at times, i think it's a somewhat important element that can adds a bit to the game (whether taifun intended for that or not). But again your game, your rules. If thats how you want him that keep it as is, or if you feel some changes are in order, that's your right as the creator and if someone has a problem with it, they can make their own furry game lol.

Also about the interface, i don't really see much difference. Unless the one you're referring to is over 3 months old in which case i wouldn't remember. :)
Kumokumo

Postby WingsofChange » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Kumokumo Wrote:There are moments where as much as i hate his blatant perversion, i feel like it adds more to the game as it goes on. I didn't appreciate it at first, but i came to realize that if he's an upstanding, charming person all the time then there would be no character growth. The fact that he is a womanizing douchebag to start actually gives him room to grow as a person, like with the Rosalyn ending. Plus that change also adds to the feel that (since he awoke with amnesia) he's slowly re-discovering himself.

Also about the interface, i don't really see much difference. Unless the one you're referring to is over 3 months old in which case i wouldn't remember. :)

I think that's what they're going for well we haven't seen what happens with Nabet in the 0.42 update yet. And game isnt even near done yet they still have atleast 2 more planets to create. Maybe as the story goes on and with more chapters in the diary he slowly changes. Idk I'm not in the planning room with the guys so I can't tell you if thats the actual plan its just my theory.

As for the interface I think he was referring the the bottom text box in the old version it had the options and days box's futuristic look along the edges now its has a plain look to it.

WingsofChange

Postby aephrosi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:57 am

As for the interface I think he was referring the the bottom text box in the old version it had the options and days box's futuristic look along the edges now its has a plain look to it.

Yea. The older was was easier to see.

SpacePaws.png
SpacePaws.png (219.71 KiB) Viewed 3272 times

I get the character development aspect, and I do see it as well. It just sounds like the main character starts out as twelve years old to me. I personally find it disengaging. Perhaps it's a language barrier thing.
aephrosi

Postby WingsofChange » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 am

I don't know if it's that much easier to see it just looks like the same but without the boarders which still needs to make a return.

WingsofChange

Re: Space Paws (alpha 0.38.2) The wrong kind of Hate-boner.

Postby TaifunRiders » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:20 am

Wow, many comments! We'll try to answer the main questions :)

Totemist Wrote:Is there any chance we can get dialogue options from the start, or maybe a few different characters with different personalities? Because as the dialogue stands I keep getting distracted from the dating sim bits by my raging desire to reach through the screen and rip the player characters spine out through his utterly insufferable face.

Aside from that and some minor grammar errors (I'd be more than happy to help with that and writing if you like), it looks like it has great promise, and the art is good. Keep it up!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I do love me some Human X Furry action, so this is my jam.

We were considering the possibility of adding different difficulties, but it would take some time that, and right now, we prefer to dedicate our time developing the story. So, it's not a "no, you won't see that option on our game", it's more like a "we're not thinking about it right now, but it's a possibility"
About the grammar errors, in every update we're trying to fix as many as we find. We currently have two proofreaders, and we think they are doing a good work, but it's possible that some errors are not still fixed.

Thanks for your words!
About the walkthrough, we told someone on NG. Our walkthroughs are a reward for our patrons, those that are making possible the development of the game and that thousands of players around the world enjoy Space Paws. So, we prefer not to share that reward. But, if someone is interested, if you search on Google for Space Paws, one of the most searched results is "Space Paws guide", "Space Paws easter Egg". If someone decides to make a public walkthrough on their blog, will recieve a lot of visits...and we'll be very happy with that :)

aephrosi Wrote:I played the 0.15 version in the OP, then I played through 0.38.2 and the upgrades make a big difference. The puzzles are pretty good, though on the color one I just made it through by process of elimination.

I agree with Kumokumo and Totemist that the main character is fairly annoying. Feels quite immature and very "OMG BOOBIEZ!"

Thanks! We're trying that the updates are worth it :)
The old interface has a bigger font. In our opinion, it was too big and we replaced it for a more simple and tiny one. The problem is that, if you play the game on fullscreen, the new font has a good size, but on online versions, the old font was more comfortable to read. Well, at this point, we're making a PC flash game, not an online game. We always recommend and will recommend to play the downloadable versions of the game.

Kumokumo Wrote:
aephrosi Wrote:I agree with Kumokumo and Totemist that the main character is fairly annoying. Feels quite immature and very "OMG BOOBIEZ!"

Yea i can only speak for myself in this regard as i'm sure others feel differently, but i feel like few people can get away with the "OMG BOOBIEZ" personality if it's used in a serious regard. Like for games like Elana Champion of Lust and GoRepeat's SnT universe, they get away with it because it's used for humorous and explainable character quirks that aid with the story. THAT SAID: There are moments where as much as i hate his blatant perversion, i feel like it adds more to the game as it goes on. I didn't appreciate it at first, but i came to realize that if he's an upstanding, charming person all the time then there would be no character growth. The fact that he is a womanizing douchebag to start actually gives him room to grow as a person, like with the Rosalyn ending. Plus that change also adds to the feel that (since he awoke with amnesia) he's slowly re-discovering himself. All i can say is, though it's annoying at times, i think it's a somewhat important element that can adds a bit to the game (whether taifun intended for that or not). But again your game, your rules. If thats how you want him that keep it as is, or if you feel some changes are in order, that's your right as the creator and if someone has a problem with it, they can make their own furry game lol.

About the main character, kumokumo made a point.
We don't want a main character without personality, neutral. We wanted a character with a strong personality, and a story (even though he can't remember many things...). This makes possible the change, and depending on the planet/girl you choose, this change will be different. But, the most important thing is that, the "real" ending of the Space Paws' story will be the one with Alison. If you decide to live with Roselyn, or Nebet, you're choosing to start a new life, a new future and forget the past. With Alison you're trying to remember your past to continue with the human existence. These are personal choices of the player/main character.
Anyway, the game and the plot is incomplete, so we can only ask you for patience. In the end, all the pieces will fit.
TaifunRiders

Postby Kumokumo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks for touching on those subjects. I really like the progress thus far, and even though i had a strong hunch that the Alison ending would be the "right one", i can't help but have a soft spot for that beautiful doggie. I'm sure that the pieces will fit together in the end (i actually put a lot of pieces together and formed some theories of what His past was and where it could be going, thanks to that diary easter egg. Though i won't list any of them right now cause i don't want to spoil it for people who haven't found it themselves) and i look forward to seeing the game grow with each update :D
Kumokumo

Postby WingsofChange » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Kumokumo Wrote:Thanks for touching on those subjects. I really like the progress thus far, and even though i had a strong hunch that the Alison ending would be the "right one", i can't help but have a soft spot for that beautiful doggie. I'm sure that the pieces will fit together in the end (i actually put a lot of pieces together and formed some theories of what His past was and where it could be going, thanks to that diary easter egg. Though i won't list any of them right now cause i don't want to spoil it for people who haven't found it themselves) and i look forward to seeing the game grow with each update :D

And don't forget Kummo we haven't seen a lot of that sexy Egyptian kitty Nabet yet. So in the next update coming out really soon (my bet somewhere between Oct 22-31) we'll see what she's all about. Also if I'm not mistaken from reading the update log the next update will have more on the Alison ending.

WingsofChange

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects