Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07B (11/8/

Postby Geolibermand » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Simply amazing! The update is great! A lot of new H-stuff - and nice ideas. I like the fact that if your purity is low enough, it is possible to offer yourself to the stalls :-P

I have two suggestions. The first may help you to progress easier on the story-line: Have a few more places with assasins [not necessarily the weak silent assasins] (that put you in chamber or stalls) when you move along. That way it is easier for you progress with the story. Of course you could then put more customers in the stalls, if you like...

A suggestion with respect to the stalls: Personally, I would appreciate if there were some kind of "order" in the customers. For example, I was playing with Thyme and she had sex with 2 horses, an old mand, and 3 guards before the orc scene showed up. Maybe instead of ordering, it could be a random selection that takes into account that the scenes should be shown equally many times. [So if orcs have been shown, it will not enter the randomn selection until the other scenes have been showed as many times.]

Well, you can consider it. No matter what, the update is great! I wonder where we will be heading now... :-)
Geolibermand
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 pm

'What's New' in each patch is shown in the first post every time without fail, Reap. :P However...
The update provides some amount of closure to the Gwyn cliffhanger provided in 0.06. After Gwyn gets taken away, go two rooms south to trigger the quest to find her; a 4 minute timer starts and you need to find information on how to get to her. Talk to the guard--depending on your Purity level, you can either fight him or seduce him to get answers. Afterwards, he'll show you a quick shortcut to the Chambers and you have to find Gwyn in time... or else. Heh.

In other news, I personally found a bug that occurs as a result of taking a different route to the Chambers. Fixed that real quick and 0.07C will be out soon. I really hate releasing these 'B, C, D' type updates, but I think it's a pretty easy bug to find for people who like to 'break' games or do things in a way they otherwise aren't, so yeah. I don't feel C is going to be absolutely necessary unless you are one of those people who like to stray off the beaten path, but I uploaded it just in case.

As far as the futa scene goes, it's in the Stalls, which is the main update to this patch. That's the center part of the Chambers with all the women getting used; you can either go to the last stall and hit Enter / Spacebar if your Purity is low enough to offer yourself, OR, lose to Xanrud or the Silent Assassins for a direct ticket there.
There will always be more opportunities for futa in the future as well; once I have the mods, it's generally all good.

M/F consensual and related things, they will be in there eventually. I just started with yuri because I am a fan personally and it provides a nice contrast to the rough, N/C bandit hetero stuff that occurs often enough as a result of losing in this dungeon. Wolfram and Gwyn will NOT be your only romantic options; so far I have 2 more (a male and a female) planned, but other characters can also be options themselves based on popularity polls.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 am

KITAmaru Wrote:
SquallLion Wrote:during the fight, the fighter dis-pear : I see only the enemy : bug?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sdxiXrAwcJE/S ... s+Pear.jpg
Kidding. It was literally the first thing that came to mind. Forgive my awful sense of humor..

...Anyway, which fighter disappears? Do they disappear from the menu, or does the menu go away entirely...? (Also, what character were you using)
Since the battle screen only really displays enemies, I figure what you meant was something to do with the menu?
I don't know why I thought that the girl have to be on the screen top right during a fight..
SquallLion

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby durandal8 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:34 am

Ive been keeping up with this game since it was first posted here and i actually signed up just to say its an amazing game
well that and i wanted to say that sairyn is definitly my favorite charachter since the first time i tried her and i actually enjoy playing lanie as well even when people thought she was annoying i thought her script was pretty cool.I was curious how sairyn is doing in the other polls you said you had on other sites.Srry for just blurting out questions on my first post and tell me if i messed up posting and ill correct it next time ty for your hard work on the game Dont hurry just for us take your time and have fun with it
durandal8
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:11 am

Haha... No worries.
Now to start brewing for the next patch while I'm on a creative streak. Think I'll start with maps, since there are clearly not enough areas at this point; needa get back to 3 rooms per patch if possible, though I am quite satisfied with the Chambers renovation.

As something of a quick survey, what level is everyone after the end of 0.07? And if so, how much did you grind? Trying to balance things for the next part.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ColdColors » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 am

With a quick playthrough with Irene I beat ... the dude with the hard name to remember twice at level five, it was surprisingly easy actually o.o, with Cesca I ended at level 8, and money, got tons of it, not sure what to do with it though. ;-;

I cannot wait for the next update, well I can, but ... you know what I mean.
Oh, I was playing through with Cesca earlier and I found an inconsistency, she lost her virginity to someone else before getting sent to the dungeon with Cedgar, and at one point it said something about her previously untouched flower even though it wasn't.

Also I found a couple spots around the new sections where it was like there was an invisible wall or something, it didn't block any paths or anything but I just ran into them on accident, not sure if this was intended or a bug, but I thought I'd mention it just to be on the safe side. c:

The last comment I have for now is a random gargoyle re-spawned in the gargoyle room at some point between the kidnapping of Gwyn and her rescue. That's not supposed to happen is it?
Perpetually Confused
I hate Rainbows ...
ColdColors
Newly Registered

Postby Raio10 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 am

my highest was level 10 with Rhiannon and Thyme with everyone else 8-9.
Raio10

Postby reality warper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 am

i managed to get through with thyme on a REALLY low purity run at level 6-7 (xanrud was pathetically easy both times because i could just spam water hex so he could only attack twice all battle, you might want to nerf that... but only a little since low purity doesn't grind as much) i aso got a high purity cesca through at level 8-9 (that blind attack was annoying as hell i had to spam high potions). oh and i haven't commented before... so hi i'm reality warper
reality warper
Newly Registered

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 am

Xanrud is a push over after you suck away his mp and debuff him -w- *whacked him to death with just Thyme's staff for the hell of it* >w> Also, I can't seem to get the gywn H-scene. I feel stupid and lazy at the same time as I ask this, how do? Herp Derp <w>

-edit- Never mind, I decided to stop being lazy an figured it out x3 PS: Xanrud's still a pushover >w>
Meep Meepersons

Postby ColdColors » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 am

@Meep

You go to the room where you first meet Xanrud and walk to the bed and stand on the lower half of it.
Although I'm not sure if it's just for when you save her before she's raped, or both.

^^
Perpetually Confused
I hate Rainbows ...
ColdColors
Newly Registered

Postby Geolibermand » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 am

Clearly, Xanrud is easier to beat with some character's than others. For example, characterers like Thyme who can confuse has hell of an easy job! On the other hand I had to grind 'til level 9 and use about 8-9 high potions to beat Xanrud with Lanie. I like these sort of games where allcharacters have their own "strength and weaknesses". Staying with Thyme, I could imagine she would have a pretty hard time against a boss that are immune to buffs like confusion, sleep, paralyze etc... For Asella on the other hand such things wouldn't make a big difference.

My grinding strategy is to beat all gargoyles, beat all silent assasins [except 1 in case I want to visit chambers], beat all slimes and plants once, and kill all bandits in their sleep. This strategy leaves me at level 8 EXACTLY when the last sleeping bandit is killed. I also end up with tons of gold - but I don't mind. As long as I cannot buy deadly items such as "Elixir" or the plant that revives the dead, the more difficult battles will not be spoiled by the amount of gold :-)
Geolibermand
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

I ground Cesca up to level 8, just because I'm trying to get to the point where I can oneshot Journeyman bandits.

Motherfuckers seem to have pretty good physical defence or resistance or something, I can't do it yet, even with the attack that claims to "ignore" defence. XD.

Haven't played through with the others as yet, but I'm PROBABLY going to stop at level 8 preferrably, and at level 10 top max. Wouldn't want to make the next updates too easy, really. Just as long as SOME one of my character's attacks can reliably oneshot at least one of the 2 types of chambers chasers, I'm good with that. I don't recall, but I think the slave traders might have higher elemental resist, and the Journeyman bandits higher phys resist. I'mma check it out sometime.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 am

Geo-
Heh, don't worry, I'm definitely going to start adding more areas. I do want some degree of variety, however, so enemies that take you to the Chambers when you lose won't necessarily be limited to those assassins, of course.

As far as the randomness in the Stalls go, I actually kind of like it how it is at the moment, as it can make certain customers a little more exciting to come across. Originally you could even get the same type twice in a row, but a friend was able to help me modify the conditions so that it wouldn't happen. Besides, later on you'll be able to pick and choose which scene you want to see via 'Memory Mode'.

Durandal-
Haha, nice name, as it's actually a sword that Emilia or Asella will be able to equip in the future. I already have most of the weapon names listed, just don't have stats for them yet. I'm not gonna lie, Sairyn tends to fare low in most polls overall, but hopefully that might change once I show a little bit of background. I suspect that it may have to do with her character portrait, to be honest, but that's just my guess. Overall, I personally feel she is likable, though not necessarily as spunky as Lanie or as extreme as Rhiannon.

ColdColors-
Thanks for pointing out that little inconsistency in Cesca's scene. Strangely, the first Chambers visit was originally supposed to be where the virgin characters would lose it, but since there are various ways to lose one's virginity at this point, I'm going to have to modify that text to be more of a conditional branch. It should be taken care of by 0.08.

Invisible wall, really? Was it in the hallway or in one of the small rooms? It probably has something to do with the passage settings of some of the tiles used, perhaps...

Gargoyles don't re-spawn perse, and I double checked them to not do so. However, there are a LOT, and the trigger points are often placed fairly close to each other. If you manage to kill all 10 gargoyles and one STILL manages to respawn after that, then that might be a strange bug of sorts, I suppose.

reality-
Hello, and yes thanks. Please excuse the combat, as I would say it's probably the most difficult thing to balance in this game, especially since it's typically more of a one-member party more often than not--in other traditional RPGVX games, sucky characters can go on potion duty while Ralph (the male paladin) does all the dirty work, but here, I have to make sure that even fragile mage-type characters like Lanie and Thyme can somehow survive. At the beginning of the game, I'd actually say Thyme was clearly the weakest, though she is among the strongest at this point--though it makes sense given her... history and questionable age. I will nerf her just a bit though in order to let Lanie be at least a little more on par with the sage. Ideally I was trying to get it so that Thyme uses status effect hell while Lanie is raw power, but the problem is, it turns out status effect locks are quite cheap in RPGVX's default combat system.

Meep-
Lol, that's a bit... sadistic, considering both Thyme and Lanie tend to do little to no damage with their staves. To each their own. Which Gwyn H-scene were you referring to? The one where she gets gangbanged by the villagers or the one where you make love to her by the fire?

Lucky-
Yep, Journeymen have higher defense than Slave Traders--their defense is about as high as a Gargoyle's, though they are stronger than the flying things overall iirc. Both of the 'chaser' rapists have weaknesses to Water element, though their resistance to certain types of physical attacks vary (Melee and Clubbing damage work better against Journeymen, whereas Piercing and Bow damage tend to kill Slave Traders more easily).

Thanks for the input on the levels, everyone. So for testing purposes I'm going to assume that everyone's around level 9-10 at this point, hrrm.. OK.

Current Popularity order by forum (from most popular to least)
LoK- Emilia/Rhiannon, Thyme, Lanie, Asella, Irine, Cesca, Sairyn
FP- Cesca, Irine/Thyme, Lanie, Rhiannon, Asella, Sairyn, Emilia
ULMF- Cesca, Irine, Thyme, Emilia/Rhiannon/Lanie, Asella/Sairyn
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Hmm. I will have to check out the update after I get home from working. I normally run with Asella and, I think, I might have her at level 6 at the end of 0.06...

However, feeling inspired. May will have to pull down a version of the RPG maker, and se what I can bash out...
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 am

Hehe, awesome. Glad to see I'm somehow inspiring people. As long as it's not in a "this game sucks so bad I can do better" kinda way... heh. Kidding. XD
I've actually enjoyed quite a few of the VX games that popped up as a result.

As far as some other things like 'y u no have clown' or 'y u no have moar ppl in gangbang', hold onto your horses. I'm usually not the type of person to feed someone everything at once--for example, I have my own plans regarding the first airtight scene (which I believe I have already mentioned). Gotta make you want it more somehow, and ease players into it instead of just tossing everything in their face at once, which can lessen the impact of 'lesser' scenes. One thing about this game that I noticed is that amongst RPG Maker VX games, it is EXTREMELY heavy on the H-content, which is almost too easy to get since it's upon loss--but I understand that some players actually like it that way, and having to work too hard to get to the 'good parts' can ultimately be frustrating more than anything.

Regarding the Rogues' Division, if anyone has any other ideas for storyline-related things outside of 'let me fuck the clown' or 'add more guys to this area', feel free to PM me and I'll at the very least consider it!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby iamnuff » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 am

trying to get the gwn fireplace scene, can you do it if you have low morality? its named "high morality OR high relationship" on the first page. i saved her, and didnt lose a single fight to red/blue or xandu but i am playing as superslutty thyme

what exactly do you interact with in the fireroom to start the scene?
iamnuff

Postby Azurite » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:06 am

Greetings everyone, first message on this forum !

I wanted to congratulate you, KITAmaru, on this wonderful game, I'm really enjoying myself so far: hot sex scenes, fun combats and interesting texts/dialogues.
I'll try to collaborate later if I have suggestions or if I find bugs.

Still, I got one question: Is there a purity meter in the game so far ?
If "yes" where is it, if "no" are you planning on implementing one ?

I'm sorry if you already answered this question, the topic is quiet dense with replies.
Azurite

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:18 am

You CAN do it if your Purity is low, but in order to establish any kind of relationship with Gwyn to begin with, your Purity needs to be high when you first meet her. Even Thyme can do it, as the Purity threshold for having a chance with Gwyn is 50 or above, though Thyme starts at 60, so it's a tad more difficult, that is, unless you raise your Purity via the bath and whatnot before you get to her. Though this seems cheap, for future relationships I can also make use of the cumshot counter to prevent people from cheating too much, but as it stands, the two outcomes with Gwyn (in time vs not in time) are different enough to warrant separate save files for now.

There are four conditions to make love to Gwyn;
-She needs to be rescued from Xanrud in time before the 4:00 timer runs out
-She needs to be in your party (pretty much goes hand in hand with the first)
-Blue and Red need to be DEAD, as in you must have defeated them. If you ran from them the first time, they will still be in that same room waiting to jump you. If you lost to them, this scene will unfortunately not be available, though you will have more chances to sleep with Gwyn in future patches.
-Relationship Score with Gwyn needs to be 2 or above, meaning that if you were making out with her before Xanrud took her away the first time, you're on the right track and should be able to unlock this scene after she joins the party.

The small bed/carpet looking thing just east of the bonfire, go to its bottom section with the requirements fulfilled and Gwyn should automatically suggest that you rest there. Choose 'Yes' and the H-scene should begin.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby iamnuff » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 am

yeah, i just got the scene as a diffrent character. had no idea you could even raise your purity. where is the bath anyway?

also, the yuri scene (and the kiss for that matter) seem a little strange because gwyn is wearing a full suit of armour.

i can see it now
gwyn: "i owe you everything"
*make-out*
PC: "aggh! gwyn, your crushing me!"

what a mood killer
iamnuff

Postby Gorbaz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 am

Blimey! It's a 2.5 hour-to-download .rar file! That rules out doing anything with it tonight :P
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner