[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby Xela » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Just that guy Wrote:Xela can you pm me what has happened since the alpha 2 years ago?

i like to hear how you got to this point of using 3d models and what is the future of pytfall

Most of that is mentioned above. 3D models were lamoli's idea, it's nice to have chars dedicated to the game.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Just that guy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:45 pm

ok just dont forget about us Xela ok? dont be a stranger
Just that guy

Postby Just that guy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:47 pm

also when your pre beta releases i should have ren'py on my pc to play dont i?
Just that guy

Postby Xela » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 pm

No, just the download.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Just that guy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:04 am

ah ok
Just that guy

Postby deathgod » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:21 am

hey quick and curious question does anyone know if another game similar to this and slavemaker called other world is still being mde or if it's completed
deathgod

Postby futuredark » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:30 pm

deathgod Wrote:hey quick and curious question does anyone know if another game similar to this and slavemaker called other world is still being mde or if it's completed

It is not and it is not. Daisystrike gave up on it years ago and even stopped paying for webhosting, so the blog/forum disappeared soon after. Pretty sure you can track down the last few revisions a couple different places, but almost every location outside the home screen and main street of town just had a placeholder image and no functional interactions. There's a very basic slave training game there, but no overarching goal and no progress to be made outside of the few base quests for the shopkeepers in town. Not a lot of replay value once you've done those.
futuredark
Newly Registered

Postby Xela » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Yeap. A couple of people actually tried to take over development but it never got any traction. It's in no way "basic", logic is actually quite advanced. I loved the world setting and general concept, there as a working battle engine and exploration engine there as well but BE was removed soon after initial release and EE was never officially added to the playable version.

It's a shame that it was dropped :(
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Just that guy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:14 am

yeah it is, i hope that pytfall does not suffer the same fate
Just that guy

Postby Xela » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Well, it would actually be mighty weird if it did...

We all have seemingly stable rl and all and all, over 130k lines of code and content has been created for the game (there are very good games written in python that offer 50k lines of code and content), not mentioning traction that lamoli has been responsible for lately, creating unique picture content for the game (which takes weeks/month to gain experience for and render, there us still not a single complete pack, but I am getting a feeling (from a fact that he's been around for over 3.5 years and has provided increasingly improving quality content) that there will be a couple of packs in time for beta).

There will be a perfectly playable beta version with loads of content for interactions, combat, locations, events and quests + main story line + special features.
What happens there after largely depends on the fanbase. It is already very simply to add written content to the game. Modding is as simple as it can possibly humanly get.

==>>
I have paired up with a really good artist to combine my coding skills with his drawing skills to try and create a decent patreon team to build great games in the future (2 - 3 month from now on, we will not start until there is a proper content to back our intent). As far as PyTFall is concerned, we've borrowed simply too many content in the name of "parody" to ever monetize of the game, regardless, it's been some of the greatest fun and challenge I've faced in my humble life so far. :D

There will be a fully playable and expandable version of PyTFall with dozens of quests, event, special businesses and etc!
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby flare01 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 am

i really like this game but for some reason i can figure out how to put gear on my hero of have my girls join my team to fight. if anyone knows pls let me know i would enjoy the game even more.
flare01
Newly Registered

Postby Xela » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

There should be an equip button on MC's screen to equip your hero and the join the team button is at the middle-left part of the "top-strip".
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby evildumdum » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Xela Wrote:Well, it would actually be mighty weird if it did...

We all have seemingly stable rl and all and all, over 130k lines of code and content has been created for the game (there are very good games written in python that offer 50k lines of code and content), not mentioning traction that lamoli has been responsible for lately, creating unique picture content for the game (which takes weeks/month to gain experience for and render, there us still not a single complete pack, but I am getting a feeling (from a fact that he's been around for over 3.5 years and has provided increasingly improving quality content) that there will be a couple of packs in time for beta).

There will be a perfectly playable beta version with loads of content for interactions, combat, locations, events and quests + main story line + special features.
What happens there after largely depends on the fanbase. It is already very simply to add written content to the game. Modding is as simple as it can possibly humanly get.

==>>
I have paired up with a really good artist to combine my coding skills with his drawing skills to try and create a decent patreon team to build great games in the future (2 - 3 month from now on, we will not start until there is a proper content to back our intent). As far as PyTFall is concerned, we've borrowed simply too many content in the name of "parody" to ever monetize of the game, regardless, it's been some of the greatest fun and challenge I've faced in my humble life so far. :D

There will be a fully playable and expandable version of PyTFall with dozens of quests, event, special businesses and etc!

Am i the only one wishing 2 - 3 months of my life away right now?
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Just that guy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:27 am

hey Xela what girls are gonna be in the game?
Just that guy

Postby Xela » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Just that guy Wrote:hey Xela what girls are gonna be in the game?

These:

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topi ... 1#msg26571
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3403.0

None of these will work with Alpha, they are all tested with current dev version and data files are all working but still unbalanced and incomplete.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby K84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm

It's amazing what can be done with RenPy. I always do my games with this software but getting an amazing interface like this is out of my reach. I'm going to play right away
K84

Postby Just that guy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:50 pm

hey xela what packs for the old alpha still work?
Just that guy

Postby Xela » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 am

The one that came with the release + Alpha was setup to work with any pack from WhoreMaster Crazy Addition but at limited capacity (like no combat pictures).

There were other packs but I am not sure if anyone has them and all packs on the forums are designed for future beta release.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Just that guy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:19 am

hey xela you alive? you disappeared on the pink petal forms.
Just that guy

Postby Xela » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:18 am

Just that guy Wrote:hey xela you alive? you disappeared on the pink petal forms.

« Reply #8948 on: 2016-11-15, 22:03:28 »

How is this disappeared? :D I just don't have a lot of time atm.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects