Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Zodiark69 Wrote:Oh! By the way guys! I found out to turn the music and sound off in the game! :D

:O how?
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Zodiark69 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm

When you in the game, hit F1, on a standard keyboard, I dunno what key it is for other ones, or laptops, but it'll bring up some options, and you can uncheck two boxes, which are sound effects, and background music.
Zodiark69

Postby Kuragari » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:13 pm

A thought occured to me regarding your question involving voices. Perhaps you could also have special scenes for the characters have some voice acting (like the first chambers scene).

Btw, an interesting question now that I've thought about it. I believe we've touched a number of fetishes, but there's at least two I don't think we've touched on.

The first is cross-dressing. Theoretically, the futa girl could count as this, but thats only theoretically. THe only real problem with this one is I don't know exactly how it could be thrown in.

The second one however could most certainly find a resting place in the Magic department of the Syndicates hideout, and that is Gender-Bender. This one could possibly be tricky, though maybe not. Perhaps it could be a special scene similar to the chambers. It wouldn't neccessarily have to be the character your playing (although that could be interesting) but it could be a friend of the characters. An example...Irine finds a younger priest of her church has been captured, one that she is a close friend to. A member of the Mage division appears, and tells Irine she can't take her "new pet". Fight ensues. If you lose, the mage casts a paralyse spell on you first, then to your complete amazement, casts a spell transforming your friend from male to female. The mage begins to 'rehabilitate' your priest friend until hir mind breaks, and then both of them play with you. Eventualy the mage gets bored and leaves, having forgotten to imprison you in some way or form. While this means you may now continue your journey, you are forced to leave behind your friend, who no longer even remembers who you are.
Kuragari

Postby Raio10 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 pm

@ Kuragari that sounds pretty awesome i like those ideas as well it would be a change, i hope it gets put in eventually.
Raio10

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh, and a note on the voice acting.

While I do absolutely love the idea, I also think there should be a way to turn it off, just in case the voices of any of the cast either irritate peeps, OR don't sound like peeps figure they should sound.

The example that came to me is that some peeps might want Rhiannon to sound butch and almost mannish, while some might want her to sound completely feminine, even though her feminine voice would be used to utter delightfully coarse words in an absolutely direct way.

Moving on to the other suggestions:
I am not opposed to either of the fetishes suggested by Kuragari, but I do hope the transformation will never be on any of the primary 8.
Futa potion is absolutely great, in my book, whether for the primary 8 or otherwise, but the imbiber always retains her pussy, if she's female, and I was also thinking that it would probably be a temporary change. This gender-bending thing, on the other hand, sounds pretty permanent, and even if it's not, suddenly stumbling into a scene with, or permanently having to run through the game with "Rhiann-man" strikes me as pretty damned unfortunate.

The idea of fully voiced scenes is cool too, though it carries three important caveats, two of which of which are unique to it, over general moan-voicing.
1)A person would only enjoy it if that person enjoyed the voice acting of the actress to begin with, 2)It'd probably hit the pocket decidedly harder than general moaning, and
3)The question of which scene should receive that costly treatment would probably produce vigourous and unnecessary dispute.
Lucky777

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 am

Well, I've just given the version a go, and I like what I've seen so far. Well written, and with situations where you narrowly avoid defeat through the intervention of others. It's not just a dungeon crawl!

However, I would have one niggling criticism - when you level up, you only gain maximum HP. Your current HP does not increase as well, giving the impression that a perfectly healthy person has suddenly had wounds open up, or something like that.

I've never used RPG maker, so I have no idea if there's a mechanic for that in the system
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 am

Zodiark-
Ah, that's great! Yeah, the F1 menu is certainly handy, and also the thing to consult for other things such as controls. I haven't toyed with it enough to notice the sound options specifically though, so thanks!

Kura-
Cross-dressing already planned. So is possible futa for the selected character. Gender-bender... hrrm. Not sure how I'd be able to properly portray that via 3DCG, though I have some facesets for gender-bended characters (none of the primary 8, however).
As grand as your VA idea sounds, I was mainly looking for moans and what not from different female voices with just a few lines thrown in. Sure, some parts COULD be entirely voice-acted but... I figure it'll be a lot more work for the actor, and a lot more for me to pay them. If I do even one scene, I'm probably going to open Pandora's Box in terms of requests for additional ones, and I don't want to go there if I can't deliver--I remember Hentaicook had some issues with getting his VA's to follow through for Aching Dreams 2... or something like that. If possible, I'd like to bite off only what I can chew in this case.

Lucky-
Absolutely. Though I seem to be going a bit overboard with the whole VA thing, I am not going to implement it at all if it's not done right and has the sound-off option... so again, it'd be awhile obviously, since I am having some trouble finding casting for it.

Gorbaz-
Thanks! I've personally been a fan of the 'you level, you get full restore' mechanic myself, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be an RPG Maker VX default. It's not so much the 'wounds open up' thing--as I feel a lot of things in most RPG's, including this one, are vastly unrealistic anyhow--but more of a convenience factor, and also that it bothers me a little to see some empty space in the HP bar. Most likely, I will have to find a script which auto-restores upon leveling, especially since the game currently does not have a wealth of 'inns'.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm

You could always add an empty room with a bed that you can use to rest.
Kuragari

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

or drinking fountains like the plant room
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Zodiark69 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:14 am

Alright. I finished it yesterday, and I have to say... That's a major surprise though! I had not expected that. You really threw me for a loop through it. I'm pretty sure everyone'll be surprised by what you did KITA. I checked for bugs, but I didn't ind any. I dunno if anyone else found any, but I didn't with my characters.
Zodiark69

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:29 am

Zodiark69 Wrote:Alright. I finished it yesterday, and I have to say... That's a major surprise though! I had not expected that. You really threw me for a loop through it. I'm pretty sure everyone'll be surprised by what you did KITA. I checked for bugs, but I didn't ind any. I dunno if anyone else found any, but I didn't with my characters.

aside from what i told KITA (one word was missing in a wolfram scene) there was nothing wrong ether with my chars :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby If_You're_Into_It » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 am

Zodiark69 Wrote:Alright. I finished it yesterday, and I have to say... That's a major surprise though! I had not expected that. You really threw me for a loop through it. I'm pretty sure everyone'll be surprised by what you did KITA. I checked for bugs, but I didn't ind any. I dunno if anyone else found any, but I didn't with my characters.

You tease, you! >< KITA, please release this right now!
If_You're_Into_It

Postby Reapergod36 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 am

How is Thyme not everyone's favorite? She offers all the options lol, and her personality isn't bad neither...
Death Is Inevitable.
Humanity Destroys Itself.
I Destroy All, But How Can I Do This.
Without Destroying Myself?
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Lady Foxy Wrote: Reaper of women's soles.
Reapergod36

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:36 am

Haha sorry, there's still another round of testing that'll likely be released on Friday. Honestly, don't expect too much of this update... in terms of sheer gameplay, it's not extremely long (though we at least get to see what happens to Gwyn... based on your timing), though it's got around 10 new H-scenes overall if you count the Stall clients individually.

Heh Reaper, that's why I made 8 characters. The 3DCG is actually quite easy to make seeing as I can reuse the poses for the most part--the writing for each girl's dialogue is the most time-consuming, especially when there are high and low Purity variants or multiple selectable choices, BUT I feel that it adds some degree of replay value to the game, as well as a slight catering for peoples' tastes in women / characters. To be fair, Thyme ends up in the top three at every forum a character poll has been posted. The others vary a bit more--Emilia gets the most love from LoK by far.

Anyway, I got a big test tomorrow, and after that I should be free to finish up the patch. It's mostly done at this point, just gotta finish one or two more H-scene for all characters, but like I said, this one's mainly a smut-fest since people asked for it, with a tinge of variable story. After that I'll try to get back to introducing new characters.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 am

KITAmaru Wrote:To be fair, Thyme ends up in the top three at every forum a character poll has been posted. The others vary a bit more--Emilia gets the most love from LoK by far.

i still think it was like i said a long time ago, snce emilia is the first one everyone sees when they start the game she leaves a bit of a impact :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby gillez82 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 am

all i can really say awesome game with a maby... a lil bit a furry character missing .also that cat girl in the populated room could be fun to play as and/or with when you talk to her
gillez82
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 am

gillez82 Wrote:all i can really say awesome game with a maby... a lil bit a furry character missing .also that cat girl in the populated room could be fun to play as and/or with when you talk to her

lol i had the same thought along time ago how great this game is it is on this site, a site that first started out with furries XD (just a small but funny though anyways) but yes me want cat girl as well :D maybe even as a new char or clothes that you can change or something
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 am

Mm, there's a mod in 3DCG that I need to find before I can get her up and running, but yeah. Not a terrible amount of support for serious furry stuff in that program, anyhow... though if I can find any additional monster girl mods (such as slimegirls and the like), I will definitely try to implement them as needed.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby gillez82 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:50 am

i was just saying since its more a furry forum then anything else (no harm intended to you or any other game makers) but if the program you are using cant do furryes or anthro character , o well no big deal . also if i may suggest , when u win a fight and purity is low , would be fun if you would take control of the sex scenes . for an exemple , let say you won on the dominatrix fight and your character is low on purity , you could do her instead of her doing you . i am mindfull that such 3D pictures might take at least a week just for one or two . i studied 3d and... gave up , i was getting a brain meltdown >.< and im still twiching :P . if i could offer any help i would but its bin 10 years or so i didnt program/model anything so im a bit outdated on rendering programs that are used as today and dont remember much of that computer session i was in to do those anymore ><
gillez82
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Mm, there's a mod in 3DCG that I need to find before I can get her up and running, but yeah. Not a terrible amount of support for serious furry stuff in that program, anyhow... though if I can find any additional monster girl mods (such as slimegirls and the like), I will definitely try to implement them as needed.

yay lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner