Tales of a Succubus, a (finished) RPG maker game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

RPG maker Vx ace or MV?

VXace
74%
MV
26%

Total votes : 34

Tales of a Succubus, a (finished) RPG maker game

Postby Adventure weaver » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:22 am

Hello everyone, I'm adventure weaver and I want to introduce you my first game: Tales Of a Succubus.

I've been lurking on legend of Krystal forum for a very long time and I decided to give games a try by making one. That's how this game was born.

So what's the story?
Shila, the Succubus succeeded at evading her homeland, where she was imprisoned by the new emperor of the demon race: Hellion. Her evasion was made possible thanks to a magic portal allowing the teleportation of a single person, however the teleportation was somewhat... random and Shila ended in a Human village named Nilfbourg. Hellion having suppressed Shila's powers, she is now on a journey to bring them back, meaning she will have to do a lot of naughty things ;) (you've got it right)
There is also other things to know about the world's background but you will eventually learn about them while discussing with some NPC

The gameplay now.
For this first game I wanted to make a basic gameplay, you will just have to wander in this little village and its surrounding areas and have sex or make other people have sex, in order to gain levels and new spells (Shila is a Succubus after all).
There are no combats in this game, I actually wanted to save the battle mechanics for the next one, so bye unbalanced contents :D

What does this game include?
First the fetishes, expect : Bestiality, Gangbang, Monster, Tentacles, Anal, Incest, Large insertions, voyeurism, et cetera...
Expect also one or two hours to complete the game, with more than 15 scenes, 50 CGs and 5 animations (GIF). The CGs and the animations are, however from the internet and were made by various artists, so let's me say it beforehand: I do not own the pictures and animations in this game, all I did was to "weave" a story with resources found on the web. And I will also understand if some artists want their arts removed from my game or want credits (if I ever forgot to quote them).
Sounds are also important, especially towards the end where some cutscenes will introduce important elements for the next, upcoming game.

Do not expect an awe-inspiring experience, This game was made to be simple as a first try and to help me discover RPG maker possibilities and functionalities.
It is now 99% ended, with the 1% remaining being solely typos and hidden bugs (I didn't find any while playing). I also want to apologize for my not perfect English as it is not my main language.

So with no further Blah-blah here are some screenshots and the game:

Screenshots of the game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

And the game in itself:

The game comes with a read me.txt and a Walkthrough.txt, I strongly recommend you to at least read the tips written in the read me.txt :D
Once you've played, I'd like to hear some of your feedbacks and advice, so don't hesitate to comment. :)

If you find any bugs or typos errors you can contact me at this address: [email protected]
If you are an artist whom I shamelessly borrowed the arts without giving the credits to, you can also contact me at this address : [email protected] so that I'll be able to correct this injustice right away :?
Last edited by Adventure weaver on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventure weaver
Newly Registered

Re: Tales of a Succubus, a (finished) RPG maker game

Postby Darthjake » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Adventure weaver Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm adventure weaver and I want to introduce you my first game: Tales Of a Succubus.

I've been lurking on legend of Krystal forum for a very long time and I decided to give games a try by making one. That's how this game was born.

Welcome Adventure weaver, and congrats on getting your feet wet.

Adventure weaver Wrote:The gameplay now.
For this first game I wanted to make a basic gameplay, you will just have to wander in this little village and its surrounding areas and have sex or make other people have sex, in order to gain levels and new spells (Shila is a Succubus after all).
There are no combats in this game, I actually wanted to save the battle mechanics for the next one, so bye unbalanced contents :D

Unbalanced combat is a bad thing, definately best to learn the system or examine games that work first, good job there.

Adventure weaver Wrote:What does this game include?
First the fetishes, expect : Bestiality, Gangbang, Monster, Tentacles, Anal, Incest, Large insertions, voyeurism, et cetera...
Expect also one or two hours to complete the game, with more than 15 scenes, 50 CGs and 5 animations (GIF). The CGs and the animations are, however from the internet and were made by various artists, so let's me say it beforehand: I do not own the pictures and animations in this game, all I did was to "weave" a story with resources found on the web. And I will also understand if some artists want their arts removed from my game or want credits (if I ever forgot to quote them).
Sounds are also important, especially towards the end where some cutscenes will introduce important elements for the next, upcoming game.

You might want to check the forum rules regarding linking pics / animations that are not your own, without credit to the authors.

Adventure weaver Wrote:Do not expect an awe-inspiring experience, This game was made to be simple as a first try and to help me discover RPG maker possibilities and functionalities.
It is now 99% ended, with the 1% remaining being solely typos and hidden bugs (I didn't find any while playing). I also want to apologize for my not perfect English as it is not my main language.

1st attempt I get that, so let me critique, and hopefully you won't find this too blunt.

The cutscenes / animations I found were waaay too long, you could probably cut them by a half or a third, as it was I ended up hitting spacebar / enter / escape, trying to move the animation along.

It was good you posted a walkthrough because I'm not certain I would have stuck with the game long enough to be able to critique it without having a reference point as to what I was supposed to do.

Going to get the horse medicine, was fairly straightforward, but the key to finishing that quest and the quest to deliver the cake hinged on the inn quest, without the walkthrough I'm not certain I would have thought to walk all the way up back to where I started from. Other then inserting a npc to say you might check the (water) falls up north or making the quest sparkle to see as you are walking by to notice that there is a natural dam or blockage of some sort but not giving you an option to clear it as you have no reason to at the moment would work.

Playing the RPG games I routinely go into everyone's home and pillage it for all it's worth as long as they don't yell at me to get out. :D But I just sort of felt that the interaction to go to the basement and dig up the box of dildo's had no real purpose other then depriving that one lady of her sex toys.

Transitioning from day to night was probably the easiest thing to do, but again, there was no real guidance other then the walkthough, perhaps the guard to the barrack's desire might have been going off duty and drinking since the town quiets down at night.

And also on a different note, the whole town was rather ... blaise... about the fact that there was a succubus walking around their town while there was a war going on with a demon lord. It might not be a bad thing to give Shila an illusion spell to look human, or explain why the townsfolk don't mind a sex demon in their midst.

You might want to re-think some of the dialouge as well, no need to write like a romance novel with the man's long, hard junk stirring the wet insides of her looove canal. That's not to say that writing is always wrong, but there is a time and a place for it, not all the time.

Anyway those are my opinions take them as you will, but hopefully it will help you to enhance your next release.
Darthjake

Postby Adventure weaver » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Welcome Adventure weaver, and congrats on getting your feet wet.

First I thank you for your reply and your warm welcome :)

1st attempt I get that, so let me critique, and hopefully you won't find this too blunt.

The cutscenes / animations I found were waaay too long, you could probably cut them by a half or a third, as it was I ended up hitting spacebar / enter / escape, trying to move the animation along.

And also on a different note, the whole town was rather ... blaise... about the fact that there was a succubus walking around their town while there was a war going on with a demon lord. It might not be a bad thing to give Shila an illusion spell to look human, or explain why the townsfolk don't mind a sex demon in their midst.

You might want to re-think some of the dialouge as well, no need to write like a romance novel with the man's long, hard junk stirring the wet insides of her looove canal. That's not to say that writing is always wrong, but there is a time and a place for it, not all the time.

Anyway those are my opinions take them as you will, but hopefully it will help you to enhance your next release.

You don't have to worry about being blunt, like I said this game is and will remain a try, an attempt to master Rpg maker subtleties, and all constructive critiques like yours are more than welcome.

For the writting, I completely understand, a game that is made to be a test with a writing so pretentious is just, meh.
However even if this writing style is not fitted for this kind game, I must say that it helped me a lot to master a little bit better this beautiful language that is English.

It was good you posted a walkthrough because I'm not certain I would have stuck with the game long enough to be able to critique it without having a reference point as to what I was supposed to do.

Going to get the horse medicine, was fairly straightforward, but the key to finishing that quest and the quest to deliver the cake hinged on the inn quest, without the walkthrough I'm not certain I would have thought to walk all the way up back to where I started from. Other then inserting a npc to say you might check the (water) falls up north or making the quest sparkle to see as you are walking by to notice that there is a natural dam or blockage of some sort but not giving you an option to clear it as you have no reason to at the moment would work.

Playing the RPG games I routinely go into everyone's home and pillage it for all it's worth as long as they don't yell at me to get out. :D But I just sort of felt that the interaction to go to the basement and dig up the box of dildo's had no real purpose other then depriving that one lady of her sex toys.

Transitioning from day to night was probably the easiest thing to do, but again, there was no real guidance other then the walkthough, perhaps the guard to the barrack's desire might have been going off duty and drinking since the town quiets down at night.

So this game story line was too tortuous, I should put more clues and more logic into it? Like an item in your inventory to keep track of your objectives? I think I Get that.

Once again I thank you for your feedbacks. It will surely help me to make a better second game that I plan to make more ambitious by exploring new topics and mechanics such as combats and relationships. Time to get down to work then!
Adventure weaver
Newly Registered

Postby senryu-sensei » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6480
...C'mon...You used almost the SAME title, and almost the SAME plot -.-'
Taking "inspiration" is one thing, but this is on a different level >.<
I'm not mad, as I said, I myself have taken a lot from Village of Nightmare;
but at least, you should've used a sligthly different title...It's too much confusing -.-

I'll try it later.
Good luck on your next game anyway!
senryu-sensei

Return to Non-Flash Projects