NOW IS YOUR TIME TO VOTE!

What should GoRepeat's next projects be?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Sakyubasu No Tatakai III
15%
Complete a dead project: Dead Space Frequency
8%
Complete a dead project: Metroid DNA Hunters
18%
Complete a dead project: Malicia Dark Heroine!
5%
Complete a dead project: Geistmarchen
6%
Breeding Season vG
40%
Expand the Sakyu universe with an offshoot game!
3%
Expand the R'Thoth universe with an offshoot game!
3%
Do something with those MLP animations!
3%
Let me pitch you my idea! (post below)
1%

Total votes : 344

Re: NOW IS YOUR TIME TO VOTE!

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:05 pm

melontable Wrote:I have no idea what these acronyms mean.

"Pls" means "Please". And I'm out. I thought HPB was an STD. (Goddammit acronyms, you're ruining America...)
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Seriathus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:00 am

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:
melontable Wrote:I have no idea what these acronyms mean.

"Pls" means "Please". And I'm out. I thought HPB was an STD. (Goddammit acronyms, you're ruining America...)

You're thinking about HPV. Butsrsly, HPB is an acronym of the director of the Breeding Season project, Hartista Pipebomb.
And SnT is Sakyubasu no Tatakai, which is Gorepeat's main game trilogy, set on its own universe.
Seriathus

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:24 am

Well, SnT would be Sakyubasu No Tatakai (see the list above). Not sure about HPB but maybe talking about H-Bomb who made original breeding season?
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Destrocto » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:46 am

Okay is there an option to tell you to put sound in your games/next game?
Destrocto

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:01 am

Just that guy Wrote:go you have kicked the hornets hive with this poll, i mean jeeze the moment you put up this poll and that BSvG op your fate was seal. not even a chance for the other games, and yeah i choose the BS vG

Hah that's why I qualified with "no promises"; with all the hype around the BS collapse I figured something like this would be the result. Surprised at how many votes Metroid got, though!

Destrocto Wrote:Okay is there an option to tell you to put sound in your games/next game?

Nope!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby ry1993 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:03 am

If you actually decide to go through with any of these ... just try not to fall out with yourself and then split up.

Seriously though I'm honestly surprised with the requests for breeding season myself, I didn't really follow the events or hype of it too busy on Zell99 hype and Kyrieru hype. Voted for Syakubasu main myself but honestly its a tough choice Id love to see any of them come to fruition.

As a little end note love the games you make.
ry1993
Newly Registered

Postby omnibomb » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:29 am

Anything with a male protag who sexes lots of exotic chicks (like monster girls...would always be nice to get a mdom monstergirl game)
omnibomb

Postby Furman12 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:09 pm

can I have a link to the breeding season vG? game I what to make shore I'm not mixing it up with the ortha breeding season game thank you
Keep the blue fox alive in are hearts never let her be forgot
Furman12

Postby VintageBass » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Furman12 Wrote:can I have a link to the breeding season vG? game I what to make shore I'm not mixing it up with the ortha breeding season game thank you

The game doesn't exist (yet). This whole poll is to see what Gore is going to make next.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Why do people want breeding season.... and what's it about, and why don't I know anything about it?
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Breeding Season is a monster breeding game that started here on LoK, eventually left the forums for its own blog site, made shitloads of money via patreon, and recently collapsed due to the project head and main artist splitting up. Since then several similar breeding projects have popped up because this was a very popular project.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Furman12 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:06 pm

ValturNaa Wrote:Breeding Season is a monster breeding game that started here on LoK, eventually left the forums for its own blog site, made shitloads of money via patreon, and recently collapsed due to the project head and main artist splitting up. Since then several similar breeding projects have popped up because this was a very popular project.

Oh yes that's the one s-heart killed....
Keep the blue fox alive in are hearts never let her be forgot
Furman12

Postby Aestral » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Huh, I'm a huge fan of WoW, and I really liked House of R'thoth, so I suppose there's no real choice here, I'll just vo...

Wait.

Breeding season vG?

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Aestral

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:24 am

Aestral Wrote:Huh, I'm a huge fan of WoW, and I really liked House of R'thoth, so I suppose there's no real choice here, I'll just vo...

Wait.

Breeding season vG?

You never know.... it could be terrible!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Gidshri » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:53 am

Lol! Very, very intresting :D
So, we will see only one human girl in game? Or it will change soon?
Gidshri

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:55 pm

It wouldn't be much of a breeding game with one human girl, would it? I'm surprised Go got this much content already.
ValturNaa

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 pm

But dayum, seriously, seeing you work so fast is inspiring.

Good looking graphics, as always. I got through maybe 5 text blocks and then skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-show me titties! I think you're wasting your energy to put all the story up front at once. It'd be better to start with the demon girls taking over the farm, then explain why later on, that way there's some mystery to it and the players will want to pay attention when the explanations start. At this point in development, still a good thing to have all your story points in mind.

I also noticed that the town and barn buttons are still enabled when you have the house? stables? screen open. Not a huge deal, but might cause glitchyness later on.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:35 pm

I dunno man, in contradistinction to the goodly and learned Ace, I read through all the dialogue as usual, and enjoyed it thoroughly as usual.

Seems to me like a perfectly fine start, and I'm still laughing as I type this.

I stand by my Metroid vote, of course, but I'm certainly looking forward to this.
Lucky777

Postby ValturNaa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:40 pm

I also found the dialog funny, but ace does have a point. As a writer, I can tell you that many writers begin their stories in the middle, and fill in the beginning slowly through dialog or flashback. Classic example, the Iliad starts in the tenth year of the Trojan war. I tend to think of games as if I was writing a graphic novel, but I am attempting to integrate more play time with story interspersed through it in my own work.
ValturNaa

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

So just, another way to think about it, it's the difference between writing a story about two people explaining things happening, or writing a story about things happening.

What I would do is make a list of all the talking points you need to complete and when they need to be completed and try to slowly feed them to your audience as story events are happening. I did in fact read through the story again after I found the titties, so we're looking at something like

- Malicia(?) can't understand the rules
- Ira's Bovos always wins
- Hybrid demons are stronger
- Breeding hybrids or entering the mortal realm (not exactly sure on that point) is illegal/treason/breaking the rules
- Illusa's an illusionist
- Establish Mal/Illy relationship/Illy's complicitness

I would also do a little Chekov's gun check with these. Is it important that hybrid demons are stronger or that Malicia can't understand the rules? If not, no need to say so, or you could relegate these facts to NPC flavor text later.

In fact, I might start this story from the farmer's perspective, give the audience a little misdirection to make the appearance of demons more interesting and lead with the nudity. After the demons catch the farmer, Mal can mention something about Illy's illusion working so well to establish that they have illusions. Better to have them sneaking around or worrying about the rules before outright stating that using mortals is treason, as the feeling of breaking rules is more important than the fact of breaking the rules. Some quick clues like "As long as we don't get caught" "That's what your illusions are for"
AcetheSuperVillain

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop