Spiral Giant [Ocfos]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Spiral Giant [Ocfos]

Postby cliffracer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 pm

On the brink of complete extinction due to the Morai Wars, the Spiral Knights fled in their ship The Skylark in order to find an energy source powerful enough to save their home planet from total destruction. The Knights found Cradle, a beautiful planet with immense energy lying at the core. As the Skylark was preparing to land, massive lasers lanced through the ship, forcing it in to a crash landing and dispersing escape pods across its surface. This crash released a massive energy signal of its own, one that shot through space...

---

Zythia, a greenblooded troll from Alternia, would be awoken just before sunset by the sound of rising energy and an explosion. A circular area in the grasses of her hive would be burned away by a sizzling blue electricity, a ring of twisted metal standing in the center. In the middle floats a shield-shaped crest of some origin that Zythia doesn't recognize...
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Re: Spiral Giant [Ocfos]

Postby Ocfos » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Zythia bursts out of her sleep, onto the floor in a combat stance, before realising whatever it is comes from outside.

She wastes no time getting suited up, before heading outside to confront whoever - Or whatever - Is causing the trouble.
She's quite surprised to see a shield floating in the middle, and almost instinctively looks around to see where Wolvermom went off to.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:50 pm

The shield crest doesn't seem to be causing any more of the grass to burn away, at least. Wolvermom doesn't appear to be around outside, but it's clear she didn't become a victim to whatever this thing is. The crest is kind of enticing, just floating there as if it were a treasure.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:38 am

In kind of a concerned state due to not being able to see her guardian, Zythia heads back inside to see if she missed Wolvermom somehow lazing through the ordeal at the far end of the living room.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:47 am

Luckily for Zythia, Wolvermom just seems to have been taking a bit getting up. She yawns and takes a long stretch, shaking out the sleep before staring at Zythia.
"What happened? I heard noise."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:32 pm

"I don't know. There is an odd thing outside the hive. I was checking if you were harmed. Come look." she barks back, starting to head back outside.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:28 am

Wolvermom snorts quietly as she follows Zythia, still seeming a little drowsy. Outside, the strange artifact seems totally undisturbed. There's a decent breeze passing through the grasslands, but the floating crest doesn't even seem to be catching any of it. The huge white wolf takes a few sniffs of the burnt grass, then sits next to Zythia.
"I don't recognize this smell. It smells like campfire first, but it makes my nose tickle like feathers." Punctuating her analysis, she gives a heavy sneeze. "This is the only weird smell around, there is no people or animals moving in our land."
She moves a little closer to the anomaly, her fur seeming to frizz due to the ambient static electricity. She's getting poofier.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:45 am

Zythia starts to follow the now fuzzy furball, not wanting to let her go alone to investigate whatever it may be.

"It's charged, it could be a trap." She growls back.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:54 am

Circling the metal structure slowly, Wolvermom's investigation ends up giving her a confused look. "I don't understand how that badge is floating like that. If there were magnets around, you'd probably know. Do you have a rubber glove? If it was charged, you wouldn't get zapped." She sits again, pawing some at the grass, the burnt material crumbling.
"At least the grass will grow back quickly once we deal with this thing."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:02 am

Zythia pulls out her sword, before pulling back to give a swing with the flat of her sword at the emblem.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:15 am

Wolvermom just sits and watches. Zythia smacks the emblem, which makes it suddenly flip in place with suprising speed. Zythia's mind says "get out of the way," but her body doesn't want to move... and based on the suprised look on Wolvermom's face, the feeling is mutual. The spinning eventually accumulates in to a ball of light that grows in size, then collapses in on itself... and then the immediate area collapses in to that point as well. Zythia's vision goes white, then black, as she falls unconscious. She feels her body moving at unprecedented speeds, like she was in an underwater jetstream moving at the speed of sound...

...Until the movement stops. Zythia is slowly awoken by a soft breeze against her body, some of her armor seeming to have been stripped away by the event. As her vision returns she sees a beautiful blue sky above, the sun shining down on her, which doesn't hurt as the Alternian sun should. But as her eyes focus, she sees that the sky and sun both are flat, the shining body above being moved along slowly on a large mechanism. As she sits up, she sees that half of the twisted metal 'sculpture' is next to her, as well as the shield crest, which sits completely inert betwen her legs. She's in some sort of grassy ravine, cliffs of dirt and rock surrounding her on all but one side. The air is fresh, at least, and despite the false sky above, what she is sitting on now is very real.

Zythia realises that she is also alone. Wolvermom, and the other half of the metal sculpture, are both missing.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:38 am

Zythia doesn't seem to care much about her lack of attire, grunting as she tries to stand up to have a look from where she is.

What the hell happened? Where's mom?? She frantically thinks to herself.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:47 am

Zythia first can see that the cliffs around her are actually pretty sheer, there's no way someone would be able to climb it without some good equipment. She can see some light blue leaves orbitting a tree ahead of her, which is notably growing right on the edge of a cliff. There's some short hedges and tall grass ahead, and a dirt trail leads around the corner.
Aside from a round pastel pink bird investigating her, there doesn't seem to be anyone around. The only thing she can hear is the wind rustling grasses and trees and the faint machinery of wherever she has ended up.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:52 am

Zythia gasps lightly to herself, as she sees the bird that looks strikingly similar to her plushies she has at her hive. She tries to see if she can't get to pick it up in cupped hands, wanting to pet it.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:55 am

The bird bounces around her hand playfully, avoiding her hands for a moment before tiring out and roosting in her hands. It's definately a fat bird, alright. Off in the distance, Zythia sees two thick metal girders descent from the sky, a square platform descending down it slowly.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:16 am

Zythia takes a quick glance at herself to check the condition of her defenses. If worst comes to worst, she at least still has her weapons to fend things off with.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:27 am

Zenkia hears the platform stop with a deep thunk, some slow clanking footprints coming afterward. The bird flies away now that it's had its short break, clearly scared off by the extra activity. Zythia DOES still have her shield and sword both, but her armor is definately in bad shape. Her arms and stomach are both totally bare, and her breastplate is only half-on, one of her boobs dangerously close to "nipslip" territory. She still has her belt, which is keeping some remains of cloth in place in front of her nook, but aside from her boots her chainmail leggings are basically missing. Rather than looking torn away, though, it's more like her armor just decided not to be there. There's no slash marks, the edges are smooth... Well, at least that little badge she found works to keep her breastplate secure. Her helmet, miraculously, is entirely untouched!

Zythia notices the little notch in the cliffs she is in is more like a detour in a road; the dirt path may lead in to it, but it also extends to the right, out of view.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:34 am

Looking up at what's coming, Zythia decides to keep it low profile, and heads down the side path that leads her away from the unknown footsteps. She does find the lack of pants a little irritating, but she figures she'll manage. She doesn't care one bit about her top being torn, however.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:48 am

Zythia is around the corner with plenty of time to spare as she hears the footsteps nearing the other one. As she navigates, she notices that the cliffside the tree was growing off of was very misleading- the thing Zythia is standing on is an island suspended in midair by something she cannot see. Looking down, it's made readily clear that if she jumped, she would not land on anything for a LONG time.

Zythia ends up ducking behind a waist-high wall, forming a sort of square garden area that leads to more of the island. Ahead, she can hear a rhythmic kerchunk and retracting of something metal, clearly something automated... For some reason, Zythia also feels rather unsafe, like there could be more things around than whatever the metal footsteps belonged to back there. She does hear some robotic-sounding chatter as the footsteps enter the notch she woke up in.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:28 am

Zythia tries to see if she can't peek out from the wall to see what is trudging through - or hear what they're saying. She keeps her sword held firmly, sure to be ready to strike if the need rises.
Ocfos

Next

Return to Private Games