Game maker questions

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Game maker questions

Postby Trusty » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:09 am

Hey guys,
im making a game right now, but i have couple of questions about game maker:
1) First of all, am i going to have any troubles making one of "this types of games" with game maker ?
2) is it better to animate using sprites in GM or exporting gifs form flash ?
3) Is there any common animation issues that i'll need to be aware of ?

Im sorry if any of those question been already asked but i just couldn't find any
infomration about that. I really enjoy the "making" process so ill share my reasults
here as soon as possible :D
Trusty
Newly Registered

Re: Game maker questions

Postby ANooB » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:33 am

1.Adult games can be easily made in game maker. It's pretty much just a compiler that allows you to manage resources. So as long as the art is adult in nature, "these types," of games are extremely possible.
2.I like to animate using game maker sprites just because I hate having to switch between different programs. Plus, If you've already made the assets in flash, you may as well just make the game in flash. The question between gifs and frame by frame sprites is settled with one thing, filesize.
A long drawn-out animation can be compressed pretty nicely in a gif. However the same lengthy affect can be achieved with fewer game maker frames through speed control and fewer images using the built in sprite object. Again, I think game maker assets win, here.
3. There will be plenty of issues with your animations whichever route you will take, But there is nothing that can't be fixed. Just bring your problem to a professional to look at. A coder's job is like 90% debugging.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby Trusty » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Thank you very much,
i'll stick with flash for now then, in game maker i have to clock a lot more hours to "feel it out" but program itself seems really fun :). Have nice day/night :D
Trusty
Newly Registered

Postby ANooB » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:57 pm

No problem. Yeah. I really like GM. Real easy to use. :) If you come across any other questions, feel free to ask me or PM me or something.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Return to Tutorials