House of R'Thoth (Finished)

Re: House of R'Thoth (Finished)

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Screwbucket Wrote:
Also, I kind of wish there was a one stop shop that showed all of your previous work without having to dig through LoK threads. Regardless, keep it up, man.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3131

GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything.

...Apologies if that thread actually doesn't show "all" his previous stuff; it's been a while and my memory's iffy.
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
Screwbucket Wrote:
Also, I kind of wish there was a one stop shop that showed all of your previous work without having to dig through LoK threads. Regardless, keep it up, man.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3131

GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything.

...Apologies if that thread actually doesn't show "all" his previous stuff; it's been a while and my memory's iffy.

I should probably update it; it has been a while
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Rattlesnark » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Congrats on yet another completed project, and an incredible game at that. I was initially very confused as to how progression is made in the game, and whether or not I was actually moving forward aside from the new enemy variant at the tentacle-lock-thingamajig. Reading through the thread helped with figuring out I was meant to "lose" to move on.

Personally adore these short and sweet games with fair difficulty (some of the enemies were a hell of a challenge, though I ought to be more patient in the fights) that I can complete in a reasonable amount of time - still have SnK II hanging partway as with many others here it seems, heh. Also, thanks for putting in a gallery mode, mighty handy feature.

On the technical side: Shame how easily Flash starts slowing down to a crawl, the cloning succubus was especially taxing.

Well, that's about all I had in mind to say. Thank you so much for the work into putting the game out, it's an exceptional piece of Flash work.

EDIT: Ahah, getting the animations for full and half armor is also quite the vexing task it seems.
Rattlesnark
Newly Registered

Postby TMKNStorm » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:59 pm

How do i get the last 3 sex scenes? And for the third phase of the boss fight am i supposed to always get grabbed? Does the level of your character corruption have something to do with it?
TMKNStorm
Newly Registered

Postby TMKNStorm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:41 am

How do u reduce the amount of corruption R'thoth gives u? Its really trouble some since i started the boss fight with having some corruption ? It would be nice if that corruption score when u start the final boss fight would refresh to none. If u start with quite it bit of corruption when starting the boss fight when u reach the r'thoth grabs u phase she gives u a LOT of corruption. In my first playthrough i had started off with too much corruption so i had to restart the game from the beginning again=so punishing :(. And in my second play through i managed to start the boss fight with about 3-4 corruption and managed to pass the first grab and don't think i have any hope of getting the last sex scene without restarting over and face the boss with no corruption. Btw to get the imp ending scene lose to corruption to the imp after killing the red demon girl in boss fight part 4. And in this boss fight i assume there is about 7-10 phases(not sure cause i havent been able to reach the good ending).
TMKNStorm
Newly Registered

Postby TMKNStorm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:50 am

Also in the final boss fight first phase usually it gets really laggy so much so when i walk in a certain direction the character keeps walking even when my finer is off that button and in another direction :(
TMKNStorm
Newly Registered

Postby TMKNStorm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:59 am

Tbh i feel the final boss fight is a bit too repetitive with the minor bosses, the fight against yourself was a nice addition(personally i wished i didnt have to face them 3 times- i am assuming u have the face yourself the third time sometime after the 2nd time r'thoth grabs(which i haven't passed yet). Personally i felt the boss fight with what i got to experience so far was a little anticlimactic since u don't get to smack r'thoth personally around( assuming that she is the one with the six boobs who just makes fireballs fall on u)? But overall the game is pretty good just that the game tends to lag at times.
TMKNStorm
Newly Registered

Postby Gidshri » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:36 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:Actually, I was toying with the idea of doing another resource sim modeled after Fallout Shelter's gameplay (not theme tho). Next project will most likely not be an action game though, no

Please, not something like a brothel sim. I have nothing against them, but they already quite enough. Any other simulator from you, I will play with pleasure. By the way, something like a Fallout shelter (or another games in this genre) can really be fun. :)
Gidshri

Postby Rattlesnark » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm

TMKNStorm Wrote:How do u reduce the amount of corruption R'thoth gives u? Its really trouble some since i started the boss fight with having some corruption ? It would be nice if that corruption score when u start the final boss fight would refresh to none. If u start with quite it bit of corruption when starting the boss fight when u reach the r'thoth grabs u phase she gives u a LOT of corruption. In my first playthrough i had started off with too much corruption so i had to restart the game from the beginning again=so punishing :(. And in my second play through i managed to start the boss fight with about 3-4 corruption and managed to pass the first grab and don't think i have any hope of getting the last sex scene without restarting over and face the boss with no corruption. Btw to get the imp ending scene lose to corruption to the imp after killing the red demon girl in boss fight part 4. And in this boss fight i assume there is about 7-10 phases(not sure cause i havent been able to reach the good ending).

Hmmmm, doesn't the corruption reset if you exit the game (or just to menu), then loading to checkpoint via Old Dreams?

TMKNStorm Wrote:Also in the final boss fight first phase usually it gets really laggy so much so when i walk in a certain direction the character keeps walking even when my finer is off that button and in another direction :(

Restarting my Standalone Flash Player helped with getting rid of the lag. :)

TMKNStorm Wrote:Tbh i feel the final boss fight is a bit too repetitive with the minor bosses, the fight against yourself was a nice addition(personally i wished i didnt have to face them 3 times- i am assuming u have the face yourself the third time sometime after the 2nd time r'thoth grabs(which i haven't passed yet). Personally i felt the boss fight with what i got to experience so far was a little anticlimactic since u don't get to smack r'thoth personally around( assuming that she is the one with the six boobs who just makes fireballs fall on u)? But overall the game is pretty good just that the game tends to lag at times.

Glad to see hear you've completed the game! I'll share a little bit of findings of the boss fight monsters to help anyone who might have had a hard time going at it as I have. Pardon my ignorance of WoW nomenclature!

Succubus: [Not sure if this monster is guaranteed to be the first enemy to spawn, it was always the case when I loaded checkpoint after having beat the game]
1. You can slam attack her twice as she spawns, if you land the first one very very soon after she appears - then follow up the second immediately.
2. They way to identify the real one among the three is to attempt to damage them. The one that takes damage is the real one. I wouldn't worry about them running into you and losing armor pieces in the process.
3. When the 3 clones stop moving, make sure to slam attack. You can do this twice before she teleports away.
4. The pattern the clones "move/bounce" around the arena in is fixed. There's a certain spot that guarantees you're never in their path, and can land a few hits in the process as well to ID the true unit. Here are the details:

i) As she splits and the clones start moving, move to the bottom of the arena and a little bit to the left, dodging the Top Succubus as she moves exactly to the bottom left corner. Screencap: http://i.imgur.com/M4iATbF.jpg
ii) The moment the Top Succubus rebounds out of the corner, move into the corner spot quickly and remain here for the rest of the process. Once in the corner, you are free to left click attack the clones as they approach. Screencap: http://i.imgur.com/tRywZgw.jpg

Doing this corner trick will likely lead to taking a bit longer to kill the enemy due to lesser damage output compared to staying in the middle to dish out thrust attacks.

Twin doppelgangers
1. The left clone does a light/thrust attack that destroys armor. The right click does a heavy/slam attack that stuns you - get hit and you're going to get it.
2. Keep a distance and land slam attacks as they approach. Be patient and keep moving diagonally to avoid attacks. Kite them around the arena as you repeatedly look for opportunities to land slam attacks. Be aware of their post-damage shield of course, just step away after you hit them.

Emphasis on patience - it's the key to beating them without taking any damage.

Red futa succubus
1. Land slam attacks as she disappears and appears. The little imp alternates between the projectile attack and the stunning ground-flames. Take note of that along the way and be sure to be mobile to dodge the ground-flames. She won't last too many slam attacks, then you can finish off the imp any way you wish.

6-armed demon
Her two attacks I call the line-flame and the flame-trap.
1. For the line-flame, simply avoid being in the danger zone as she does the attack. Come in to land slam attacks after she misses.
2. For the flame-trap, she'll take a moment to charge up. I don't have much experience with this one, but I believe the flame balls will not appear at your exact position. You'll have to walk into them after they pop up. Just be careful as you move, and anticipate when she'll finish charging and pop the flames. They'll be a gap you can simply walk out of the trap.
Again, be a bit patient and you shan't get hit by her attacks.

R'thoth
1. Easy enough. Just land two slam attacks on her once she pops up. You can do so before the firestorm actually hit the ground. Then, simply avoid the attack AoEs.
Rattlesnark
Newly Registered

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey, so like you said, not bad for 2 months. I am a big fan of 2.5d brawlers and I have some suggestions if you want to make more in the future. Some lateral mechanics can give the combat more flavor, like a wide swing attack, or hold up or down to jab or slam in that direction, or an up/down sidestep. I would have preferred more of an impact when your attack hits an enemy, like send it flying backwards or knock them over. In a game like this, maybe you could even knock an enemy down or make them dizzy and then sex them up yourself. It's also fun to have attacks where you move as part of the attack, like step forward as you jab, or the character jumps back a bit as they pry the hammer out of the ground after a powerful slam. So with moving attacks and hit impacts, you and the enemy are always changing positions, so the player has to constantly reevaluate the situation. It makes the fight more exciting and a little more real than timing related combat variation.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby pangqiyangok » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:59 pm

i have clear all the monster and get the free ending... but how can i get the last two memory ?
pangqiyangok
Newly Registered

Postby umfcd3mon » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 am

What's the enemies names? I guessed the easy ones, like the boar, imp, and Succubus. The reason I ask is because I'm making a walkthrough for someone and it'd be easier to explain with knowledge of their names
umfcd3mon
Newly Registered

Postby Gidshri » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 pm

umfcd3mon Wrote:What's the enemies names? I guessed the easy ones, like the boar, imp, and Succubus. The reason I ask is because I'm making a walkthrough for someone and it'd be easier to explain with knowledge of their names

Almost all of them from Warcraft universe. Try some wiki about WoW monsters and you will find all of them easy, i think. :)
Gidshri

Postby umfcd3mon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 am

Gidshri Wrote:
umfcd3mon Wrote:What's the enemies names? I guessed the easy ones, like the boar, imp, and Succubus. The reason I ask is because I'm making a walkthrough for someone and it'd be easier to explain with knowledge of their names

Almost all of them from Warcraft universe. Try some wiki about WoW monsters and you will find all of them easy, i think. :)

Oh okay, thanks. Me a dumb who didn't recognise them from WoW because I never played much of it :P
umfcd3mon
Newly Registered

Postby N_Yah » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:14 am

I really, really wish it saved your progress in regards to the bosses. It's incredibly frustrating to beat all 4 almost perfectly and then get stunlocked to death by random minions and have to do it all over and over again.

Or at the very least, don't let the minions box you in when the boss around them is dead. Or when they're all dead. But losing again and again without making any progress just feels shit.

I legit don't know what I'm meant to do when I get boxed in three rooms in a row with either Imps or Fellhunters, which if you don't kill instantly you lose at least one life/colour/shade etc.
N_Yah

Postby Narzghoul77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:33 pm

How did you randomly generate the maps?

How did you do the collision detection for the boundaries of each level?
"If you put your grasses on, you will realize that Griffith did nothing wrong." -????
Narzghoul77

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Narzghoul77 Wrote:How did you randomly generate the maps?

The maps are actually just a single room. I generate an array that creates contains a randomly generated maze; then when you load the room it shows/hides the walls stairs corresponding to the "open" places in the maze. When you go left or right, it adds or subtracts one from the current array value; when you go up or down it adds or substracts the maze width. Then it just reloads the room with the new array position making it seem like you are wandering around a dungeon.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Narzghoul77 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:57 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:
Narzghoul77 Wrote:How did you randomly generate the maps?

The maps are actually just a single room. I generate an array that creates contains a randomly generated maze; then when you load the room it shows/hides the walls stairs corresponding to the "open" places in the maze. When you go left or right, it adds or subtracts one from the current array value; when you go up or down it adds or substracts the maze width. Then it just reloads the room with the new array position making it seem like you are wandering around a dungeon.

Thank you for sharing this info with me.
Last edited by Narzghoul77 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you put your grasses on, you will realize that Griffith did nothing wrong." -????
Narzghoul77

Postby kingofbrocoli » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:28 am

I'm usually a big fan of your work GP and it saddens me to say that I didn't love this one, the overall pseudo intellectualism on the dialogues was just cringe worthy however that could have been forgiven if only the whole game hadn't been boring af.
cba to finish HOR.
kingofbrocoli

Re: House of R'Thoth (Finished) [Memories]

Postby StrangeStranger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:45 am

Hey, could you implement a way to unlock every "memory" and/or make it easier for farming specific boar scenes? I find it's nearly impossible to get stunned and stay that way long enough to unlock one, let alone two, of the three scenes, the third obviously being the one with the least armor and the one I have no trouble getting. Maybe have it so the boar only charges twice per attack, rather than four?
StrangeStranger
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop