Dark Impulses Discussion

Post and discuss creative ideas

Dark Impulses Discussion

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Good day, ladies and gents.

Dapper Gent of Dark Impulses, the group formerly known as Team M.E.S.A., at your service. I'm here today to tell you our group has evolved (Pokemon pun intended) into something more than just a small collection of designers that came together to make a fanmade adult parody of one of our favorite series. We are now branding ourselves as a group of designers that want to eventually expand into other adult games based on games like Fallout and Skyrim and to make a few games based on non-game series/franchises, such as Disney princesses.

Of course Pokemon Pink and it's sequels is our group's main focus. And, quite frankly, we could use some help in keeping production up on the game. Or maybe get a group together to work on a side project.

Dark Impulses Patreon

Artists: Dapper Gent (Battle Art), White Vine (everything)

Spritemaster: Position Needed

Codebreaker: Position Needed

Exterminator: Dead2112man (Bugs and Quality Control)

What we need:

ARTISTS - 2D & 3D!

Another artist to help with current concepts and eventual official artwork would be a welcomed addition to the team. We are working on Tierwach and currently waiting until the engine is done before we start cleaning up the art and actually building the game.

We're also wanting to transition the game into 3D and so an artist who can do that wouls be amazing. If you know one or possible know where we can find a 3D NSFW aninator, please let me know.

PROGRAMMERS!

We're in desperate need of a programmer. Preferably someone familiar with RPGmaker XP, Gamemaker Studios and/or Unity.

MUSICIANS/SOUND TECHS

We're in need of someone to create the original scores for our current game, Tierwach. Generic background music fitting the theme of the area the player will be traversing through, not to mention battle music and boss fights.

SPRITEMASTER

Characters and environments and Tiers, oh my! Need someone to give a face to the game, in the literal sense.

INCENTIVES!

Members of the Dark Impulses team will have several perks. These include, but may not be limited to...

-These are currently not paid positions as the project is not currently being funded. Our patreon support is very low at the moment. However, once we are able to we will be providing compensation and payment for the team members.
-Receiving customized avatars that will be in the games, as well as being able to choose their own theme, team and gear, as each game permits. These characters will also play a role in the current game.
-Full credit and acknowledgment for your work. Although our stuff will be a team effort, credit will be given where credit is due.
-Give input and help shape every aspect of the game being designed. We may not agree with all changes and suggestions but we tend to keep the good ones.

CURRENT PROJECT!

[https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9411&p=763711]Tier-Wäch[/url]

[https://tierwach.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page#Links]Tier-Wäch Wiki[/url]

Shelved Projects
Pokemon Pink
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Dapper Gent

Re: Team MESA is recruiting!

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue May 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Still looking for members to join the team. Specifically programmers.
Dapper Gent

Postby KingAaronIV » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 am

What language are you guys looking for?
(I'm a programmer)
KingAaronIV
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:33 am

C+, Flash, maybe some knowledge of Gamemaker and/or unity. For more details you'll have to send a message to ValturNaa.

On a side note, I've renamed our group to Dark Impulses. Team M.E.S.A. is the organization in our first game and we kept it until we decided that we'll be branching off into other parody games later.

With that said we are still needing programmers and artists now more than ever.
Dapper Gent

Re: Dark Impulses is recruiting!

Postby Draconian55 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 pm

I was reasonably competent at Game Maker back in the day. I've learnt some other languages through school and uni but Matlab and PHP aren't usually good for games (although I did try once for a laugh).
Draconian55
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:26 am

Draconian55 Wrote:I was reasonably competent at Game Maker back in the day. I've learnt some other languages through school and uni but Matlab and PHP aren't usually good for games (although I did try once for a laugh).

Go ahead and shoot ValturNaa a pm. He'll give you the skinny on our needs.
Dapper Gent

Postby Draconian55 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Haven't made enough posts yet so I'm not allowed to pm.
Draconian55
Newly Registered

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:00 pm

I have all of the skills that you are looking for, but none of your game ideas really appeal to me. I would prefer doing projects with original characters.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:47 am

Draconian55 Wrote:Haven't made enough posts yet so I'm not allowed to pm.

Hey, just keep making some post here till you have enough to PM Val

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:I have all of the skills that you are looking for, but none of your game ideas really appeal to me. I would prefer doing projects with original characters.

Ahh, well understandable
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Draconian55 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:

Ok, will do. Here's one more.
Draconian55
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:31 am

Draconian55 Wrote:
Dead2112man Wrote:

Ok, will do. Here's one more.

That it, now just a few more
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:42 am

You need 10 total to complete probation. Come give me some ideas in the brainstorming topic if you're not there yet.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:01 am

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:I have all of the skills that you are looking for, but none of your game ideas really appeal to me. I would prefer doing projects with original characters.

You do realize that only 2 of the mentioned projects use unoriginal characters, right? The other games take place in the same universe, such as the Pokémon parodies, and have shared characters (like Prof Oak) but will feature unique main characters and storylines. Unless you'really referring to a completely original game. If that'a the case, yeah we'really mostly in the Fandom and parody business.

However, if you'received interested I do have one project that you could help us with that is completely original.

Project: Splicers
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3331
All info is there. This was my original game concept and suggestion. I'be not made any plans for it since.

On another note, we're still looking for the listed positions.
Dapper Gent

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Yeah, I mean more of an original concept game. Like I wouldn't mind a pokemon parody that is called something like Fukamon where Tittiurtle evolves into Racktoise, but a direct this-is-the-pokemon-universe-but-with-sex parody doesn't sit well with me. Besides not scratching an originality itch, I'd be worried that Nintendo would try to crush it if it ever noticed.

The Splicers idea sounds a lot like the sort of game I've been planning to make myself. Here are my anthro hentai adventure games, Puppy Love & Dildo and Knarf's Quest: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6114 If that is the kind of thing you'd like to make, I would love to team up on that. They could obviously use some improvement. My plan for Knarf's Adventure was to send him to various real world locations where he meets anthro women based on the local wildlife like raccoons and pidgeons in NYC or eagles and steinbocks in an Alps ski resort, caimans and anacondas on an Amazon river cruise. I am envisioning lots of little games so as not to get black-holed into some kind of incompleteable mega-project. I had also spit-balled some space adventure hentai ideas if you wanted something different.

Splicers sounds like kind of a longer project than I'd be willing to commit to right now. My life is highly volatile.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:57 pm

You and I both, my friend. I understand having a volatile life at the moment.

That does sound about where my idea for Splicers is at, in comparison to Splicers. I'll have to look further into those games later due to my schedule at the moment. But I can see a small series of 'Knarf Goes to...', so yeah, plenty of smaller games for him to adventure through.

In theory, and how I envisioned it, Splicers isn't supposed to be a huge project. It's a small puzzle game. Go find item A, give it to person A, get item B, find location where item B goes, lather, rinse, repeat. I think there was 5 rooms total, so just a lot of running back and forth as new species pop up.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would have a field day if they found our game in these forums, of all places. Fortunately we're based in the US and are protected by satirical and parody laws, both domestic and internationally. As long as we don't claim that it's a direct Pokemon game or say we have any affiliations with Game Freak, Nintendo, or the Pokemon Company, or any other name brands (like Disney) (which we don't!) then we'll be fine.
Dapper Gent

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:In theory, and how I envisioned it, Splicers isn't supposed to be a huge project. It's a small puzzle game. Go find item A, give it to person A, get item B, find location where item B goes, lather, rinse, repeat. I think there was 5 rooms total, so just a lot of running back and forth as new species pop up.

Oh okay, from the description, I was imagining something like Zootopia the game. 5 rooms with people coming and going shouldn't be too bad. Knarf's Quest was something like 13 rooms and 16 puzzles/characters, which was rough, but mostly because Flash CS4 shat its pants over the way I stored the dialog.

The Puppy Love & Dildo test game goes by really quick, 10 or 15 minutes maybe. Knarf's Quest is good for 30m-60m I think, depending on how fast you read and how well you figure out the puzzles. A good chunk of the puzzles aren't even really puzzles, just talk to people after the "main story" finishes. Here is the poorly labeled topic for both games: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6114
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby evilOlive » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:15 am

I can help with some flash programming if your team still needs it.
evilOlive

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:43 am

We are looking to escape flash (yes I know it's popular, but it's shit) and I've managed to line up a skilled programmer who knows gamemaker but who is presently occupied, so at this point it's just a matter of continuing to develop the game in the current engine until he is available to help me build a new engine.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:
I have all of the skills that you are looking for, but none of your game ideas really appeal to me. I would prefer doing projects with original characters.

To be honest, in most circumstances, I prefer original work also. As I've tried continuously to suggest improvements for the new engine, I find myself chafing under the fact that it's fucking pokemon and no one wants to change anything (except for the obvious, they're hot anthros and perpetually horny), and I'm beginning to feel that the only way to handle a pokemon game is to avoid being pokemon like the plague. On the other hand, the idea of pokemon is so catchy that I still want to give the franchise a serious reboot into a game that doesn't scream "cheap 90s handheld game." And I don't think you give us enough credit. It takes a great deal of creativity to create an original story that takes place at the same time as another, pre-existing story the way *our* story wraps itself around the pokemon anime without causing contradictions. Creating a whole new cast of characters is much easier than that, and as far as I'm concerned, so is building a whole damn world. Fan fic has never looked so skilled as it has since I began this project. And yes, I can fill your ears with not one but numerous original worlds that I have constructed, some of them coming *from* other games and others completely original.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:15 pm

I do recognize that it's just as hard to make a piece of fiction in an existing world, even harder if it's a world that's not particularly suited to your purpose, but that's actually part of why I would want to make original worlds instead of fanfics, if I'm going to put forth the effort, I might as well have complete creative control and not have to worry about Nintendo suing my ass someday. Part of it is just that world-building and character-building are probably the most fun parts for me, so if I'm giving them up, why am I bothering to make a story at all?

In case it were glossed over, I did say:
Like I wouldn't mind a pokemon parody that is called something like Fukamon where Tittiurtle evolves into Racktoise, but a direct this-is-the-pokemon-universe-but-with-sex parody doesn't sit well with me. Besides not scratching an originality itch, I'd be worried that Nintendo would try to crush it if it ever noticed.
It's not that I don't respect it, just that it's not what I want to make. And to some extent, it's that the things you want to parody aren't the things I want to parody.

There are a few parody ideas bouncing around in my head, like a Star Fox harem game. Let's call it Astro Vulpus, starring Renard McThrusty, you would have various pilots in your squadron, like a rabbit-babe, a frog-babe, a falcon-babe and a purple-furred-alien-fox-babe, and depending on your performance in combat stages, you develop relationships with them and you can fuck them back at HQ. I probably wouldn't try to do an actual Star Fox style 3D rail shooter, probably one of my simpler scrolling shooter engines:

Alloy Tengu:
Flixel: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/558532
AS3 Original: http://www.freeworldgroup.com/g/i/blazing-void.htm
Game Maker: http://bluecloak.net/ace/alloytengu2.zip

Ace Invaders: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/536663
Invader Rogue (proof of concept): http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6ea ... 8fdafeae5c
I made a game called Ion Aces that I uploaded to Yoyogames and GMArcade way back when, if you know where YYG put all the old games, I think it's still there somewhere.

---

As for GameMaker, I used to use it back when it was GM6 and GM7. I have GMStudio, but not the full version anymore. Besides Alloy Tengu and Ion Aces, I did Rune Star http://bluecloak.net/ace/runestar.zip and some of an RPG engine: http://bluecloak.net/ace/TnD.zip I switched from GM to Flash because a year of working on Rune Star resulted in 600 or so views and lukewarm reception. I got more views from Puppy Love and Dildo, which was made in a weekend. And nowadays we've got that lovely "Windows protected you from this program" message. If you could assure me that you have a way around these problems, or that I would get paid anyways, I could be brought back to game maker, it's a lovely program, but right now, Flash is the best.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 pm

And then thinking the Star Fox harem game over in my head since I wrote it down here, I would probably want to add animals or body types based on my own preferences, rather than stick to parodies of Star Fox characters. So in the end, an idea that started out as a Star Fox parody turns into something without any Star Fox characters or Star Fox gameplay. And that's a look inside the brain for why I'm not excited about parodies.
AcetheSuperVillain

Next

Return to Discussion