Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

Postby rpgfan650 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:47 am

Darthjake Wrote:I'm not sure there is just one way to do the major quest line.

Actually there are four according to the first post

Rathpike / Gangster Quest line
- Sorraine / Paramour Quest line
- Valos / Sorceress Quest line
- Triss / Assassin Quest line

before these were edited( i have them out of order) they were listed this way.

Ratpike /Criminal quest line (Defiance and Intrigue)
Triss / Assassin quest line (Seduction and Intrigue)
Valos/ Cultist quest line (Defiance and Depravity)
Sorraine/ Paramour quest line (Seduction and Depravity)

I wanted to know if Seduction and Intrigue were still valid for the assassin quest line. If so, How do I kill with seduction?
rpgfan650

Postby Darthjake » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:49 am

rpgfan650 Wrote:
Darthjake Wrote:I'm not sure there is just one way to do the major quest line.

Actually there are four according to the first post

Rathpike / Gangster Quest line
- Sorraine / Paramour Quest line
- Valos / Sorceress Quest line
- Triss / Assassin Quest line

before these were edited( i have them out of order) they were listed this way.

Ratpike /Criminal quest line (Defiance and Intrigue)
Triss / Assassin quest line (Seduction and Intrigue)
Valos/ Cultist quest line (Defiance and Depravity)
Sorraine/ Paramour quest line (Seduction and Depravity)

I wanted to know if Seduction and Intrigue were still valid for the assassin quest line. If so, How do I kill with seduction?

Ah I see, sorry I'm just a recent player since the game was posted on LOK, you seem to know more about the game plan then I do. I'm sure the author will release more info down the road, but as it is right now you only need a Defiance of like 3 to kill, or at least it seemed so in the prologue. So maybe with the Seduction / Intrigue you'd still need a defiance of 3, but you'd focus more on seduction and intrigue to get yourself in a position to kill? That would make sense to me at least.

Meh, it's almsot 2am here, hope that helps and hope you get a more definative answer.
Darthjake

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
RandomGuy2599 Wrote:
You can't make it to Hooktown. It's bugged. Read up.

Ummm, you can make it to Hooktown.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Take the quest to find Beth and her mom, enter Fort Amberly, get taken slave. Be defiant with the torturer, talk to Beth once back in the cell, you'll escape through a drain hole into the sewers below Hooktown and come out near the inn. In order to have the money to sleep you'll need to go into the inn, and let the sailors fondle you, then go help the Baker for food, eat, sleep and you are set to experience Hooktown. I went for Depravity 5 with some seduction and the optional point of intrugue from the ring quest and had no issues.

Alright, I'm there with 5 Depravity, can't find anything to do. Horse scene says I don't have 5 dep, but I do. I paid the Sailor 100 Silver and all I got was a black screen.
RandomGuy2599

Postby Darthjake » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:
Alright, I'm there with 5 Depravity, can't find anything to do. Horse scene says I don't have 5 dep, but I do. I paid the Sailor 100 Silver and all I got was a black screen.

My apologies, yes I was trying for the stable scene too, my only conclusion is that it's still a work in progress,

I just wanted to let you know you could get there and build yourself up and save for when the we have more CG's, hopefully for the events in Hooktown.

IE: The groping, the peeking old man, and then of course the stable... I wish there was another way to get the necklace back without needing Intrigue 3, I would think that Seduction 3 should be able to get it too.

I'm not sure about the black screen, whenever I've paid the silver for transport to the isles I end up in Rathpike. Something else I noticed now is that you can now get the lockpicking learning from the thief on the beach with just intrigue 2 now. Before that never worked for me unless I had Intrigue 3.
Darthjake

Postby MMMm » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:23 am

Hey, Jake. Could you spoiler all the places you found that raise intrigue? I've always ended up with just 1 point.
MMMm

Postby Weirdo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:42 am

how am i supposed to get through here? :shock:
Attachments
asdf.png
Weirdo

Postby Akkin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 am

The old man in the camp allows to enter the village, not to get out.
Akkin

Postby Architect » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

Hi everyone, I'm aware of and have dealt with the following bugs:

Fixed pathing issue in the forest where the Herbalist is.
Removed the obstacles blocking you from entering the village if you got to Hookton via the Old Smuggler's route.
Stopped you being able to open the chest without climbing the vine in the second forest area.
Fixed exclamation mark appearing in the wrong place for the Grateful Youth
Fixed the gallery giving infinite gold on replaying scenes
Fixed bugged depravity requirement not reading in the horse scene in Hookton

As for people saying its bugged in the room they end up in if they're obedient and end up as the personal slave, it's not a bug - that area is just not completed yet.

rpgfan650 Wrote:This will be my third and last attempt to get this question posted for an answer.

What skills/abilities do the major quest line need? That information is not available any more.

Sorry, I can't answer that at the moment because we're constantly shuffling around the storyline and general requirements for each outcome. When I have a solid idea of it all I'll post again.
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:38 pm

MMMm Wrote:Hey, Jake. Could you spoiler all the places you found that raise intrigue? I've always ended up with just 1 point.

Go into the camp after paying only 40 silver, get the apple from the old woman by the old smuggler. Go out and talk to the man/boy lying near the water and give him the apple he'll ask you to look for his fiance. You'll find the fiance near where the knife is, if you are not sure where that is I suggest you explore below the herbalist. Be sure to save before exploring the stuff that twinkles..... When you give the ring back to the man/boy, lie to him. That will net you 1 Intrigue, and then the old man smuggler will net you your 2nd point once you pay him the 50 silver.

Sorry, I've been offline for 2 days, Our interwebs was down due to some storm damage.
Darthjake

Postby YummyTiger » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Aaaannnndddd.... we have a winner! Excellent start. I played the old Claire's Quest, and even posted about it on ULMF way, way back. I liked your start then, and love your start now. It is a bit dark and depressing, but that is the purpose. The artist is phenomenal, which I'm sure you already know. I do hope he does have her eyes closed all the time, would like to see those green beauties from time to time.

As someone taking on an ambitious project of my own, careful with the branching paths in RPG Maker. They can spiral out of control easily. Granted, you seem to have experience in game dev, so maybe you can tackle it as it should be. For me though, I'd rather see a few well defined paths than lots of skeleton paths (if that makes senses).

Thank you for your work on this, I'll be pledging in the next month or so. I also plan to put up a post on my Patreon about it to get you some more attention! Keep it up! (Oh, and you better not give up! Haha.)
YummyTiger

Postby Architect » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:10 am

YummyTiger Wrote:Aaaannnndddd.... we have a winner! Excellent start. I played the old Claire's Quest, and even posted about it on ULMF way, way back. I liked your start then, and love your start now. It is a bit dark and depressing, but that is the purpose. The artist is phenomenal, which I'm sure you already know. I do hope he does have her eyes closed all the time, would like to see those green beauties from time to time.

As someone taking on an ambitious project of my own, careful with the branching paths in RPG Maker. They can spiral out of control easily. Granted, you seem to have experience in game dev, so maybe you can tackle it as it should be. For me though, I'd rather see a few well defined paths than lots of skeleton paths (if that makes senses).

Thank you for your work on this, I'll be pledging in the next month or so. I also plan to put up a post on my Patreon about it to get you some more attention! Keep it up! (Oh, and you
better not give up! Haha.)

Thank you! It's always excellent to get feedback from other devs because of the more advanced issues they can raise. It means a lot to have you encouraging us!
Architect

Postby Zaiaku666 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:47 pm

How do you perform the prison break to get into Hookton, cause I do everything I can but it won't commit?
Zaiaku666

Postby Azurite » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Really interesting game, the art is top notch and the fact we never fight is refreshing.
Now like others have said, maybe 4 main paths is a tiny little bit too ambitious on your part but hey, you're the one who knows what he can do or not ! It's just... it would be sad to see this project never finished.

Thank you for this game, a really good one with a LOT of promise.
Azurite

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Zaiaku666 Wrote:How do you perform the prison break to get into Hookton, cause I do everything I can but it won't commit?

You have to...

You have to take the quest to find Beth and her mom, talk the Beth as soon as you wake up in the jail, then when you get called to "The Room" be defiant, (although you won't get an actual point for it, it will move the story to the path you want.), then talk to Beth as soon as you wake up after "The Room" after that it should be automatic.
Darthjake

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Azurite Wrote:Really interesting game, the art is top notch and the fact we never fight is refreshing.
Now like others have said, maybe 4 main paths is a tiny little bit too ambitious on your part but hey, you're the one who knows what he can do or not ! It's just... it would be sad to see this project never finished.

Thank you for this game, a really good one with a LOT of promise.

I like the fact that we will have several paths to choose from, it will definately make the game a "keeper" as you'll be able to experience it through multiple playthroughs.

The art is solid, the writing is solid and the story is solid, I will break down and cry if this game goes away. :D

That and Yummy liked it, lol Yummy you better not get distracted here! /I joke, I joke! Get some enjoyment from what we all love, H games!
Darthjake

Postby Zaiaku666 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
Zaiaku666 Wrote:How do you perform the prison break to get into Hookton, cause I do everything I can but it won't commit?

You have to...

You have to take the quest to find Beth and her mom, talk the Beth as soon as you wake up in the jail, then when you get called to "The Room" be defiant, (although you won't get an actual point for it, it will move the story to the path you want.), then talk to Beth as soon as you wake up after "The Room" after that it should be automatic.

I just get sent on to the boat, and then when I'm defiant there, I get thrown into a work camp, so am I doing something wrong?
Zaiaku666

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Zaiaku666 Wrote:
Darthjake Wrote:

You have to...

I just get sent on to the boat, and then when I'm defiant there, I get thrown into a work camp, so am I doing something wrong?

Ah yes, if you want to be an escaped slave in Hooktown, you'll need to be defiant in "the room" when you are taken to be branded. Once you are on the ship you bypass hooktown and if you are defiant on the ship I think that puts you on the path to the "meat pit."

You basically have 2 ways to get into Hooktown atm, pay the smuggler 50 silver (best option, imo) or Take the Beth quest and get tossed in jail then escape. We'll eventually have other paths down the road, but for right now only Hooktown is detailed, while Rathpike has the buildings and people you can't really interact with anyone to do anything atm, and that goes double for being a slave on either of the other 2 islands.

Hope that helps!
Darthjake

Postby Zaiaku666 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:36 pm

No, because I am defiant in the room. I tell the torturer to go die, I get branded but instead of planning to escape my claire decides to fall unconscious instead. I have around three defiance so how come that happens? I tell the kid to buck up, I refuse the selfish hoarder, what else is there?
Zaiaku666

Postby Darthjake » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:07 am

Zaiaku666 Wrote:No, because I am defiant in the room. I tell the torturer to go die, I get branded but instead of planning to escape my claire decides to fall unconscious instead. I have around three defiance so how come that happens? I tell the kid to buck up, I refuse the selfish hoarder, what else is there?

Did you talk to the dad about locating Beth? If you did not then you are locked into the slave path because Beth is an absolute necessity to getting out of the jail. When you first enter camp he is above and to your left, about equal with the guy that tells you about the mean refugee, he'll give you the quest to find his daughter, then as before you have to talk to Beth before you go to "the room" and after you get out of the room, then on your next visit you'll get to break free.
Darthjake

Postby Zaiaku666 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:41 am

Thank you! that helped! Guess I didn't do everything.
Zaiaku666

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects