House of R'Thoth (Finished)

Re: House of R'Thoth

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:57 am

qwergg Wrote:I found the combat to be unbearable and annoying, you should put the grace period on the player rather than the monster that last hit/sexxed you. I cannot for the life of me progress.

Yeah this isn't supposed to be Sakyu level bullshit; somehow it just turned out that way anyways. I will have to think of something. I added the backdash which helps I think; but I might add a mechanic where when you kill an enemy you get a stun shield or something that absorbs the next attack. I mean you ARE supposed to get stunned and "lose" or you will never beat the game, but not like this, no.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby 9911MU51C » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 am

GoRepeat Wrote:
qwergg Wrote:I found the combat to be unbearable and annoying, you should put the grace period on the player rather than the monster that last hit/sexxed you. I cannot for the life of me progress.

Yeah this isn't supposed to be Sakyu level bullshit; somehow it just turned out that way anyways. I will have to think of something. I added the backdash which helps I think; but I might add a mechanic where when you kill an enemy you get a stun shield or something that absorbs the next attack. I mean you ARE supposed to get stunned and "lose" or you will never beat the game, but not like this, no.

I think he meant more so you get 3 monsters piled on top of you and they just spam you into oblivion
9911MU51C

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:06 am

9911MU51C Wrote:
GoRepeat Wrote:

I think he meant more so you get 3 monsters piled on top of you and they just spam you into oblivion

Yar, I will try to think of something better; even if it is just a 2-3 second immunity shield
GoRepeat

Postby 9911MU51C » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:20 am

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but the game just goes to a gray screen after the second dream
9911MU51C

Postby blackcore11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:47 am

None of the animations work, I keep getting an empty screen.
blackcore11

Postby 9911MU51C » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:51 am

blackcore11 Wrote:None of the animations work, I keep getting an empty screen.

you need to start a new game first.
9911MU51C

Postby blackcore11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:17 am

After you get fully corrupted you get a gray screen.
blackcore11

Postby looloolala35353 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:02 pm

blackcore11 Wrote:After you get fully corrupted you get a gray screen.

I'm having the same issue.
looloolala35353
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:13 am

blackcore11 Wrote:After you get fully corrupted you get a gray screen.

K, I will look at it tonight; this last update changed how some of the segments interacted with each other when I added the gallery so I probably broke something and need to restructure.
GoRepeat

Re: House of R'Thoth (Now Streaming)

Postby LaSuperba » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:21 am

Also seems that whenever you enter eternal dream it messes up with the regular game/old dream, so it results in overriding the old file and not allowing you to go back to the regular bosses. This is a bit frustrating as it's basically impossible to get the scenes from the 3rd lvl bosses.
LaSuperba

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:36 am

LaSuperba Wrote:Also seems that whenever you enter eternal dream it messes up with the regular game/old dream, so it results in overriding the old file and not allowing you to go back to the regular bosses. This is a bit frustrating as it's basically impossible to get the scenes from the 3rd lvl bosses.

Noted - will fix with the rest of the update; if you all see anything else let me know as this is going to be a big bug patch
GoRepeat

Postby 9911MU51C » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:20 am

GoRepeat Wrote: if you all see anything else let me know as this is going to be a big bug patch

I noticed after going back and forth between menu and eternal dream a few times (was using the menu to try keep full armor and collect animations) it starts to bug out. Usually I'd get about half of the gallery filled and it'd eventually just get unresponsive on the menu, though it took quite a few times to glitch up

I have too much time and kleenex :D
9911MU51C

Postby Gidshri » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Cool. I finish all levels (except Eternal dream, of course. Lol) and get some animations (not all, if honestly). I think, if GoRepeat will not expand the plot further - it will be short game. And you are not going to do it, GoRepeat, yes?

Despite the fact that it was short game, it was pretty interesting. While somewhere in the middle, to be honest, I just began to run through the usual enemies. I do not see the point in futile battles with them. And the game again does not prevent such behavior. By the way, I would like to note that the very first boss for me has remained the most difficult. I just did not understand which of them should be beaten when they stop. On the other hand, the remaining two bosses I won almost one-sided battle = _ =

Ahahah.... and, of course, cool and sexy animations Gore! As always :D
Gidshri

Postby 3108734 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:10 am

Eyy Gore, long time fan here. Just wanted to say that I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. You alone of the H game makers I've seen have managed to find a system that allows you to both fight against and screw the hell out of your enemies at the same time. The art is as good as ever, the mechanics are sure to improve as they always do, and the game is overall an interesting experience. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what comes out in the next updates.

On a secondary note, I've noticed a few bugs:
1. The boars' charge will occasionally get stuck on the left or right sides of the screen.
2. Occasionally during the sex scenes brief flashes of the non-corrupted blue skin color will show under the red of the corrupted skin.
3. When you walk between rooms while holding a directional key the game will sometimes allow you to continue walking in that direction, but will on other occasions stop you, so that you have to let go and re-press the key to keep moving.

None of these are game-breaking bugs, and therefore I doubt that they will make the top of your to-do list. However, I felt that since this is a relatively new project with little user input I would bring them to your attention. Also, a suggestion. If you have the time during development, you should consider scenes involving multiple different monsters at once.

Thank you for your time.
-Thorne
Newly Registered

Postby coconuts256 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Really fun game so far, much more forgiving than Sakyu 2 lol. Ty for the quick bug fix updates as well. Other than the last post, the only bug that I could find was that the Eradar animations didn't get saved to Found Memories no matter how many times I unlocked them. Every other enemy saves fine though. Can't wait to see the finished product!
coconuts256
Newly Registered

Postby LaSuperba » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:05 am

Can confirm that Eredar animations don't save.
LaSuperba

Postby madlycyan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Hmm...i downloaded the swf file but sometimes it crashes when im about to get a scene, anyone else have this problem?
madlycyan
Newly Registered

Hog boss glitch/bug

Postby AnOrdinaryStranger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:12 am

I ran into a possible issue while fighting the hog boss(es), whenever there is a wall while fighting a hog if it runs into a wall it will be stuck in that loop instead of charging the way it normally should.
AnOrdinaryStranger
Newly Registered

Re: House of R'Toth

Postby furrypirate2 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:24 am

MartinX Wrote:Suddenly, another Gorepete creation has appeared! Looks like we are back to good old traditional combat mechanics - the sadistic gameplay in Sakybasu no Tatakai 2 (combined with some RNGesus) made every almost every level feel like yet another trial and had me searching for guides for almost every boss battle, all of which took away the actual fun of the game (for me at least). And after hours of attempts and grinding upgrades, I still couldn't get past "The Hand" so I just gave up and downloaded a complete save file. Seemed like even if I had gotten past that level, a lot more frustration was awaiting me afterwards in the castle...

I understand the concept of "earning" the hentai, but I really hope this game is more on the level of the first Sakyubasu no Tatakai, where things were tough but still fair, the difficulty coming mostly from learning enemy patterns. So, good luck with this project, can't wait to see it through!

P.S.: What happened to Geistmarchen? Did you decide to re-use the mechanics planned for it in this game instead?

Where is this save file?
furrypirate2
Newly Registered

Postby Necrosis64 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:52 am

How do you get different animations for the dreadsteed?
Necrosis64
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop