Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:33 pm

...High purity versions of the stalls?

As in, you can actually use the stalls to train purity down?

: O

This game was never made of code or programming in the first place.

It is only made of victory and win.
Lucky777

Postby If_You're_Into_It » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:...High purity versions ofthe stalls?

As in, you can actually use the stalls to train purity down?

: O

This game was never made of code or programming in the first place.

It is only made of victory and win.

I'm pretty sure this next update will cure at least three global diseases, including cancer.
If_You're_Into_It

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:46 pm

If_You're_Into_It Wrote:
I'm pretty sure this next update will cure at least three global diseases, including cancer.

Cancer isn't a disease. It's a category of diseases. One type of cancer isn't made up of the same cells nor does it affect the body in the same way.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby DMC » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:38 am

Howdy Kitamaru,

Just wanted to pop in and show my appreciation for the work you've done on this game. It's inspired me enough to drive me to give an attempt at making my own game in RMVX. However, while constructing my game, I've been wondering-- how did you make that character selection screen? I've been going through a couple of forums to try to find one as clean as yours is, but the only ones I've found were in a different format, unnecessarily complicated, and created further problems down the line.

On a related note, WHY IS SAIRYN SO LOW IN POPULARITY!? She's my favorite, easily. Mostly because of her extremely good moveset (confusion, debuffs, and high damage? Yes please!). Even Lanie is higher (and every time Lanie opens her mouth, I get the unrelenting urge to introduce my forehead into a blunt object)!

That being said, I also have a criticism I noted regarding the combat, having played through a couple of times. If possible, confusion shouldn't be a 100% chance for the opponent to attack themselves. Because of it, the characters that do have it currently possess a wildly large advantage over those who don't, since it is multiple free turns of additional damage to the opponent and no damage to themselves (perhaps lower the self-attack rate to 50% while confused, a la Pokemon?). At the moment, a confusion proc is as good as a won fight, regardless of the enemy.

A'ight, thanks for your time!
Regards.
DMC
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:04 am

Aww, let them have a little fun with it, would ya? XD
Anyhow, the size of the stall scenes were originally supposed to be Small size, but they're medium for the most part--the smallest scene out of all of them is about 15 paragraphs. Because of the continuous nature of the stall scenes, I've opted to leave out the multi-choice options for them, although your character's dialogue is for the most part conditional based on Purity.

Also added a counter that tracks how many times your character has been cummed inside (vagina, ass and mouth), which will show up when you look in mirrors, and may be part of a mechanic in the future to prevent 'cheating' with the shower--so that way you can't slut yourself up, then just wash it all away and still expect to get away with every high-Purity thing. This isn't final, however, so it's of course subject to change.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:33 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Also added a counter that tracks how many times your character has been cummed inside (vagina, ass and mouth), which will show up when you look in mirrors, and may be part of a mechanic in the future to prevent 'cheating' with the shower--so that way you can't slut yourself up, then just wash it all away and still expect to get away with every high-Purity thing. This isn't final, however, so it's of course subject to change.

Us cheat never... Now whats a good free memory editor on Cnet.Download.com ?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby AbysmalTears » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:43 am

Hey Kita if you're a fan of rpgs. I dunno if you played this or not but i highly recommend Eternal Sonata. One of the best games imo in the rpg genre
AbysmalTears

Postby Jaronsan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Anyhow, the size of the stall scenes were originally supposed to be Small size, but they're medium for the most part--the smallest scene out of all of them is about 15 paragraphs. Because of the continuous nature of the stall scenes, I've opted to leave out the multi-choice options for them, although your character's dialogue is for the most part conditional based on Purity.

Oh, cool. I'll admit that the multi-choice dialogue is one of my favorite parts of the h-scenes, but a whole bunch of medium-sized scenes is great news. I can't wait for the new update now!

Also, am I the only one that likes the way Lanie speaks? :P I guess I don't mind her as much because I just don't take her that seriously and see her more as a comedic/reference character. I think she's much more funny than annoying.
Jaronsan
Newly Registered

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am

Wait, there's a stall scene!? D:
Meep Meepersons

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:47 am

DMC Wrote:That being said, I also have a criticism I noted regarding the combat, having played through a couple of times. If possible, confusion shouldn't be a 100% chance for the opponent to attack themselves. Because of it, the characters that do have it currently possess a wildly large advantage over those who don't, since it is multiple free turns of additional damage to the opponent and no damage to themselves (perhaps lower the self-attack rate to 50% while confused, a la Pokemon?). At the moment, a confusion proc is as good as a won fight, regardless of the enemy.

i don't think pokemon is a good choise in that matter XD (for some reason it feels like (even with EM save states) you have a 75% chance of hitting yourself while the opponent has only a 25% chance...or a i just unlucky XD

Meep Meepersons Wrote:Wait, there's a stall scene!? D:

i am assuming the "D:" is because you just heard of this now but yep you gots stall scenes :D
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 am

ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:
Meep Meepersons Wrote:Wait, there's a stall scene!? D:

i am assuming the "D:" is because you just heard of this now but yep you gots stall scenes :D

Crap! >< *just started a new game and obtained the dominatrix outfit* I must redo everything and find the things I missed! *unneeded fiery determination* >:U
Meep Meepersons

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:52 am

No stall scenes as YET, they're coming out in the next update. XD

Oh, also

Are the stalls repeatable, so that you can go in relatively high purity and see the changes in dialogue as it decreases? Or will they be one-time things that require multiple save files to see all the dialoguez?

I'm absolutely not complaining either way -

It just determines whether I'd want to use them as a quick way to grind, or whether I'd want to go ahead and use the tried tested and true bandit technique to 0 before stepping into a stall, so as not to lose out on the delicious low-purity variants.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Yeah, Confusion is admittedly pretty broken. Probably the best I can do in an attempt to balance it is decrease its overall duration or provide a type of resistance stat to it, since I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head as to make them not ALWAYS attack themselves--though I can at least decrease the chance of success. Like I said, there are still quite a few things from RPGVX that are at default values, so you'll have to bear with me here.

The character selection screen is from a script found on the main rpgmaker forums, if I'm not terribly mistaken. Pretty easy to set up and what not; if I could do it on the first try without knowing a damn thing about VX, I'm sure anyone can.

As for Lanie, she was designed with some kind of a teen girl or -chan type girl in mind, generally being silly, akin to an overuse of memes or popular quotes, and what not. In terms of book-smarts though, she is definitely not an idiot, as one might see from the encounter with Nebula, and tends to have an almost encyclopedic knowledge when it comes to facts and formulas despite her apparent immaturity. Don't worry, with the help of a friend I've found some simply amazing storyline catches for Lanie (as well as Sairyn) lately, though it would have to wait until the Arcane Division to implement, most likely. It'll be a while, but I'm almost certain that it should tickle some people in a good way.

Character popularity tends to shift with each patch, I noticed; it's probably due to the H-scenes and situations I put them in, I'm guessing.
Once more 'unique scenarios' come out for particular girls, I imagine that shifts in popularity could even be more drastic, so don't worry. Besides, each character isn't necessarily popular or unpopular in general--scores are vastly different on the various forums I've posted an identical poll in. Cesca and Irine take the cake in others, for example, whereas Emilia and Rhiannon aren't nearly as popular in one forum as they are here, where they are the leaders in votes. So even if Sairyn is currently the least popular, it's not like she's losing by a landslide, which I will take as a compliment meaning that I haven't a character of the primary 8 that everyone absolutely hates. XD

The Stall scenes will be infinitely repeatable, for the most part. Since each encounter lowers your Purity by roughly the same amount a standard sex scene would, depending on the customer, it'll be a really quick way to grind down one's Purity score into the abysmal levels given enough encounters. If you choose to pass out early though, you won't lose the 'Purity' since there is no set amount of johns to visit you, and I intend on keeping it that way to afford the player some sort of control over their situation. Let's just say you don't feel as degraded when you're unconscious. Provided, there's always the emotional trauma after waking up and what not, but the moment you enter the one stall, you have no choice anyway but to get screwed once you accept the right option. But I digress--try not to apply TOO much logic in this case, since it is H after all.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Yeah, Confusion is admittedly pretty broken. Probably the best I can do in an attempt to balance it is decrease its overall duration or provide a type of resistance stat to it, since I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head as to make them not ALWAYS attack themselves--though I can at least decrease the chance of success. Like I said, there are still quite a few things from RPGVX that are at default values, so you'll have to bear with me here.

Enemies already ain't guaranteed to get confused if you use a confuse move on 'em, I think. Maybe if it lasted a bit less time it'd be less broken, but to be honest I don't mind broken moves unless I'm fighting them.
...On the topic of FIGHTING them, it's gonna suck pretty badly trying to beat down the characters with paralyzelock/stunlock/ANYTHING-lock ... : O

KITAmaru Wrote:The Stall scenes will be infinitely repeatable, for the most part. Since each encounter lowers your Purity by roughly the same amount a standard sex scene would, depending on the customer, it'll be a really quick way to grind down one's Purity score into the abysmal levels given enough encounters. If you choose to pass out early though, you won't lose the 'Purity' since there is no set amount of johns to visit you, and I intend on keeping it that way to afford the player some sort of control over their situation. Let's just say you don't feel as degraded when you're unconscious. Provided, there's always the emotional trauma after waking up and what not, but the moment you enter the one stall, you have no choice anyway but to get screwed once you accept the right option. But I digress--try not to apply TOO much logic in this case, since it is H after all.

Super Bawss. I guess I'll start yet another new game just to see how the dialogue options change with purity levels. I'll probably flip a coin to determine whether I visit the stalls with perfectly trained characters first, or with the ones that still need purity training first.

KITAmaru Wrote:Character popularity tends to shift with each patch, I noticed; it's probably due to the H-scenes and situations I put them in, I'm guessing.

That's the case for me. Each time I add a new favourite above and beyond the standard ones that I had the first time I saw their bodies and personalities (Eg, Rhiannon and Thyme) it's due to me liking their response to a particular H-scene.

I'll mention one not strictly H-related thing though. I misclicked once, while using Irine, and had her opt to step in and interrupt the bandits with Gwynn before being seen. I gotta say ... her "righteous and resolved" lines are pretty awesome.
I kinda hope she keeps the whole "righteous nun" thing going on the syndicate path. It'll just be that she's righteous for the other side/syndicate deity, after all : O
Lucky777

Postby DMC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:14 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Yeah, Confusion is admittedly pretty broken. Probably the best I can do in an attempt to balance it is decrease its overall duration or provide a type of resistance stat to it, since I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head as to make them not ALWAYS attack themselves--though I can at least decrease the chance of success. Like I said, there are still quite a few things from RPGVX that are at default values, so you'll have to bear with me here.

Ah, alright. I haven't touched confusion yet myself, so I don't know how much it could be changed, but I've played another RPG VX game before that had confusion be a 50% chance of the opponent attacking themselves proc, so I thought there may have been an action for it. Either way, you're done a pretty damn good job balancing 8 entire characters so far.

The character selection screen is from a script found on the main rpgmaker forums, if I'm not terribly mistaken. Pretty easy to set up and what not; if I could do it on the first try without knowing a damn thing about VX, I'm sure anyone can.

I never found the one that you used, but I found something else. It's definitely not as sleek and clean as yours is, but it gets the job done. Thanks for the response though!

As for Lanie, she was designed with some kind of a teen girl or -chan type girl in mind, generally being silly, akin to an overuse of memes or popular quotes, and what not. In terms of book-smarts though, she is definitely not an idiot, as one might see from the encounter with Nebula, and tends to have an almost encyclopedic knowledge when it comes to facts and formulas despite her apparent immaturity. Don't worry, with the help of a friend I've found some simply amazing storyline catches for Lanie (as well as Sairyn) lately, though it would have to wait until the Arcane Division to implement, most likely. It'll be a while, but I'm almost certain that it should tickle some people in a good way.

Yeah, I got the parts of her character pretty clearly. Hahaha, it was funny the first time I read it. After that, I wish she would just shut her mouth. However, this isn't a criticism for you to change it-- it works for her character, it's a personal taste that makes her the least favorite character from my end. I went through the game once with Lanie as well to see how she would respond to the Arcane Division as well. The storyline's really starting to get interesting.

Character popularity tends to shift with each patch, I noticed; it's probably due to the H-scenes and situations I put them in, I'm guessing.
Once more 'unique scenarios' come out for particular girls, I imagine that shifts in popularity could even be more drastic, so don't worry. Besides, each character isn't necessarily popular or unpopular in general--scores are vastly different on the various forums I've posted an identical poll in. Cesca and Irine take the cake in others, for example, whereas Emilia and Rhiannon aren't nearly as popular in one forum as they are here, where they are the leaders in votes. So even if Sairyn is currently the least popular, it's not like she's losing by a landslide, which I will take as a compliment meaning that I haven't a character of the primary 8 that everyone absolutely hates. XD

Yeah, I saw that as well (I've been following this game since you first released it here). They all have their charms and different appeals. Works well.

The Stall scenes will be infinitely repeatable, for the most part. Since each encounter lowers your Purity by roughly the same amount a standard sex scene would, depending on the customer, it'll be a really quick way to grind down one's Purity score into the abysmal levels given enough encounters. If you choose to pass out early though, you won't lose the 'Purity' since there is no set amount of johns to visit you, and I intend on keeping it that way to afford the player some sort of control over their situation. Let's just say you don't feel as degraded when you're unconscious. Provided, there's always the emotional trauma after waking up and what not, but the moment you enter the one stall, you have no choice anyway but to get screwed once you accept the right option. But I digress--try not to apply TOO much logic in this case, since it is H after all.

Hahaha, looking forward to the stall scenes as well. Incredibly so, along with any story progression. More the latter actually-- I've become quite interested in how the story's going to go.

Looking forward to the next release!
DMC
Newly Registered

Postby PervertedFreak » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:20 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Character popularity tends to shift with each patch, I noticed; it's probably due to the H-scenes and situations I put them in, I'm guessing.
Once more 'unique scenarios' come out for particular girls, I imagine that shifts in popularity could even be more drastic, so don't worry. Besides, each character isn't necessarily popular or unpopular in general--scores are vastly different on the various forums I've posted an identical poll in. Cesca and Irine take the cake in others, for example, whereas Emilia and Rhiannon aren't nearly as popular in one forum as they are here, where they are the leaders in votes. So even if Sairyn is currently the least popular, it's not like she's losing by a landslide, which I will take as a compliment meaning that I haven't a character of the primary 8 that everyone absolutely hates. XD.

I for one must say that I love each character equally. When I first played the game a few patches back Rhiannon was my favorite, then I started loving Irene, then I completely fell in love with Asella after her extremely-low-purity scene with the 3 sailors (the one where you fight them and loose) and I think Thyme is my favourite at this moment, but I'm not sure.

Also, all this talk about the stall scenes are really making me hyped about this update. Keep up the awesome work!

(PS: It feels really awesome to get your posts up directly and no longer have to wait and fall behind in the discussion before it's been reviewed by a moderator. :D)
PervertedFreak

Postby Mugen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:26 am

I don't know about preventing cheating. It seems to be the antithesis of what I see the shower being used for. It'd be weird to have the shower useful only to decrease purity, and never to raise it. I'm against removing the option.

That's my 2 cents.
Mugen
Newly Registered

Postby SpectralTime » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Maybe it should be something that regenerates over time? Like, you CAN use it to raise purity, but not until you get "dirty" again from time passing/getting raped?
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 am

Hmm, well, I think what I'm going to do regardless in this case is still allow the shower to raise Purity, and under the same conditions as masturbation. At first I was thinking that it might take away the 'effect' of some of the Purity-raising romantic scenes, but apparently there are people who are interested in seeing those regardless, so I figure not a lot of harm done.

After this upcoming patch, which is admittedly mostly smut, I'm going to focus more on the storyline advancement. Also won't be doing requests for a little while, since I found that it tends to side-track me into trying to satisfy peoples' fetishes for the most part instead of actually getting anything done. Stuff like that will come in time, but like I mentioned before, what this game needs is more content as well.

In other news, I'm almost done with the personalization of every Stall scene, and going to work on the CG's tomorrow. The beta test version, probably released at the beginning of this week, will basically have two things to look at so far; the low-purity version of the Wolfram scene (which honestly, has been finished for nearly a month now, lol) and the Stalls system. While my testers will be checking those for bugs and what not, I'll implement the little bit of stuff with Gwyn over the course of another week and 0.07 should be good.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kr0min » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey there, just to let you know i'm a big fan of this project and i'm pretty excited about it. But When do you think the next update will be posted?

Lanie though is my favorite character, I love how you gave each girl a different personality through their character and how they respond to their environment, it's really awesome. Hope this project is a success, looking more to hearing from you. :)
Kr0min
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner