Dusty's Castle (Finished)

Re: Dusty's Castle

Postby anttom12 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 am

Aaleen13 Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:
Aaleen13 Wrote:O.o i knew you said you had done the backgrounds for new rooms on your blog but i never noticed that you updated it here untill just now o.o fail on me? or was that recent?

Edit: or maybe the reason you never pointed it out is because its just 2 new backgrounds, nothing else new not even a finished pig lol
yeah that might be why lol

Ninja updates :shock:

im to used to an update log like on Sakyubasu and Corta's lol before i had to check every page for updates then people decided to update on first post and add a log :3 made me lazy lol

Gorepete Wrote:
TheLegendaryChosenOne Wrote:Gorepete,I DARE YOU,I DOUBLE DARE YOU to finish this game before new year!

Well the plan was November, but I guess I can delay everything for another two months until January!

But only because you dared me!

i told people not to jinx it >_>

Well now we just have to wait. Maybe he will get more done for the update than. If he dose not finishes it first O.O
anttom12

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 am

Aaleen13 Wrote:im to used to an update log like on Sakyubasu and Corta's lol before i had to check every page for updates then people decided to update on first post and add a log :3 made me lazy lol

If it were me, I would update the first post & post a new post in the thread to make sure people knew there was a possible update. I unfortunately don't have the skills to code flash however, so the only times I do that is when I have a list on the first page that I keep updating (like a list of images, for example). The additional post really isn't necessary on threads that show this much activity, however.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:17 am

WonderGamer Wrote:
Aaleen13 Wrote:im to used to an update log like on Sakyubasu and Corta's lol before i had to check every page for updates then people decided to update on first post and add a log :3 made me lazy lol

If it were me, I would update the first post & post a new post in the thread to make sure people knew there was a possible update. I unfortunately don't have the skills to code flash however, so the only times I do that is when I have a list on the first page that I keep updating (like a list of images, for example). The additional post really isn't necessary on threads that show this much activity, however.

That is no fun. Ninja updates are much more enjoyable for everyone! Finding out what changed is half the adventure!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 am

Gorepete Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:

That is no fun. Ninja updates are much more enjoyable for everyone! Finding out what changed is half the adventure!

True, but it's still nice to know if there is an update to find x3 I like the added stuff btw ;)
Meep Meepersons

Postby Aaleen13 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 am

Meep Meepersons Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:If it were me, I would update the first post & post a new post in the thread to make sure people knew there was a possible update. I unfortunately don't have the skills to code flash however, so the only times I do that is when I have a list on the first page that I keep updating (like a list of images, for example). The additional post really isn't necessary on threads that show this much activity, however.

True, but it's still nice to know if there is an update to find x3 I like the added stuff btw ;)

@Gore Ninja updates are fun xD makes it a surprise when you find out lol and yeah i like to find whats new on my own but its still nice to know that anything has changed lol im not asking for (i moved this pixel here and added this scene here but only if you do this this and this in this order without doing this) lol

@Meep Agreed xD on getting let know and the likeing of the new stuff xD i liked it when i saw it on his blog way back when he first added it lol
Aaleen13

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:25 am

Once you've played all you can in a game until the next update is released, you tend to get bored of it until there has been a new version released. I personally am waiting for an update on both this game & Sakyubasu no Tatakai before I touch them again. If I don't know that there's an update, then I'll likely lose interest. If there's an update & I don't know about it, what is there to keep my interest in the game?

And don't get me wrong, I love Sakyubasu no Tatakai & this one looks promising (although short), but I lose interest in games quickly that are unfinished or riddled with bugs. The only thing that keeps me coming back to them is if I know they've been updated.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Overlordwarl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm

w00t, update!
Overlordwarl
Newly Registered

Postby FMC » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:58 pm

I've noticed he tells his updates (at least for this game) in his blog, but posts the latest demo version here.

Maybe that'll help you with your guys' "update problem."
FMC

Postby GolanTrevize » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 pm

I´ve tried, but I cannot do nothing with the pig.

Also noticed that game works slower in some rooms. They coincide with trigger scenes, so i suppose that it´s caused by hitTests. I would suggest to only compare the player´s _x and the stage´s object´s _x, as the movement is only done in this axis.
Current project: Dark moon (Artists needed)
GolanTrevize

Postby machamp623 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:52 pm

the Pig scene goes further by one but is still apparently incomplete
machamp623

Postby dik3y » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 pm

wow you made it so fast. nice work
"Men are only good for one thing. Women are good for six."
dik3y

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 pm

GolanTrevize Wrote:I´ve tried, but I cannot do nothing with the pig.

Also noticed that game works slower in some rooms. They coincide with trigger scenes, so i suppose that it´s caused by hitTests. I would suggest to only compare the player´s _x and the stage´s object´s _x, as the movement is only done in this axis.

Nah, it is because not all the background pieces have been cached as bitmaps. So certain rooms lag down because flash is constantly rendering the objects. This is an easy fix (once I get around to cleaning up the assets :roll: )
GoRepeat

Postby yugo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 am

I'm having a problem with the pig, I can get it to start but I can't get any farther once it says "unggg... I want to it to tear me apart!"
yugo
Newly Registered

Postby Meep Meepersons » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 am

Gorepete Wrote:

Nah, it is because not all the background pieces have been cached as bitmaps. So certain rooms lag down because flash is constantly rendering the objects. This is an easy fix (once I get around to cleaning up the assets :roll: )

Hearing this reminds me of how far you've come. Yes, I've been a lurker on this site for a LONG while. I remember your first works posted here, and I gatta say, each update and new piece of work baffled me on how much you improved from the last. I can't wait to see your next updates and/or new pieces. ^^
Meep Meepersons

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:29 am

Meep Meepersons Wrote:Hearing this reminds me of how far you've come. Yes, I've been a lurker on this site for a LONG while. I remember your first works posted here, and I gatta say, each update and new piece of work baffled me on how much you improved from the last. I can't wait to see your next updates and/or new pieces. ^^

Haha... thank you... yes sometimes I look at my samus thread (almost a year and a half ago now??!?!) and think ... wow... I was not good back then! I am sad the thread never reached 1,000,000 views and stopped out at 900,000... lol.... almost makes me want to start the project up again. Even my English was so worse back then!

This community has treated me very well and I have learned much.
GoRepeat

Postby TheLegendaryChosenOne » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:20 am

Sakyubatsu no Tatakai its actually very good,better than rush series where you running like a control-less train,also,what Sakyubatsy no Tatakai means?

Shaking the Tits?

Its just my guess...
TheLegendaryChosenOne

Postby Kuragari » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:52 am

Gorepete Wrote:

Actually, you could still have it say there was an update, and just not say anything else about it. It'd still be pretty ninja (because then they know they have to go find something new, and will go crazy if they can't :p)
Kuragari

Postby Aaleen13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 am

Meep Meepersons Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:

Hearing this reminds me of how far you've come. Yes, I've been a lurker on this site for a LONG while. I remember your first works posted here, and I gatta say, each update and new piece of work baffled me on how much you improved from the last. I can't wait to see your next updates and/or new pieces. ^^

i think thats the main reason i love GP's work lol ive seen how much its changed over time lol

Gorepete Wrote:
Haha... thank you... yes sometimes I look at my samus thread (almost a year and a half ago now??!?!) and think ... wow... I was not good back then! I am sad the thread never reached 1,000,000 views and stopped out at 900,000... lol.... almost makes me want to start the project up again. Even my English was so worse back then!

loved your work back then and i still do lol, and not just the old work i still love the samus project and im sure there would be many others who would be happy if you started it back up, though as many as there would be happy, im sure there would also be just as many who would be mad if you did it before finishing at least dusty, if not Sakyubasu also lol

Edit: oh and just curious, im not asking for specifics or anything, but is there going to be an action with the eggplant picture? like something dedicated to eggplant, an idea from eggplant, or maybe a scene/cookie made by eggplant?
like i said nothing specific, wouldnt want to spoil it or make the wait any more torture than you have too lol

this time not asking, just quite honestly curious, the plant room (as you said) is quite obvious, but im wondering what will happen in the library lol i want to say it involves the chair, but the vase sticks out too.... maybe both o.o THE SUSPENSE! lol

Edit Again: On you blog you also said that you finished all the rooms, wasnt there supposed to be a room at the top of the stairs where the star is? was this canceled or are you saving it for last?

Now that i edited it again ive noticed how long this post has gotten Dx
Aaleen13

Postby HopeStealer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:41 am

Just asking...
Is the Greenhouse and library's H sence done?
Coz I cant active it...
Am I too stupid?
HopeStealer
Newly Registered

Postby Mr. House » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 am

Gorepete Wrote:

I thought your first language was English, you fooled me. That Samus thread got me into using Flash, I'm not that good, yet, but I'm working on it and I might post something in the near future. I guess I should say "Thank you" :)
The House Always Wins
Mr. House

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop