Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby Derpatus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

Hey KITAmaru, quick question, Do you by any chance play the North American version of Vindictus?
Just asking cause there's a Gywnn there, a Gwyn here, I play as the character Fiona, who uses a sword and shield, and use the name Oscella.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
This is now the game I anticipate playing the most.
Since RQ broke down and split into a couple different versions.
and VH, I just can't understand a word, even with translations.
So yes, I thank you, for stuff, I can't put it into words, but I'm happier because of you.
Last edited by Derpatus on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derpatus
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks! And nope, never played it. I got the name 'Gwyn' from a simple girls' names list, heh. I just looked her up though and found it pretty amusing that she also has relatively short blonde hair and armor.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Clix100 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 am

KITAmaru, i know you have been busy and stuff, but do you have a goal or an approximation of when you will be able to release .07?
Clix100
Newly Registered

Postby ShadowFax » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 am

Well Gwyn isn't all that uncommon xD There are at least three variants of the name in Dark Souls alone! "Gwynevere" "Gwyndolin" .... "Gwyn"........ Um... don't make this game as hard as Dark Souls.... EVER!
ShadowFax

Postby Shadow3121 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:14 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Shadow-
Hmm, for the people that are experiencing problems with their character only going 'up and left' it seems to be an RPGVX thing. Here's a little snippet from the FAQ in VX's wiki;
"At the title screen I can only move my selection cursor down and in game my character automatically moves left and up."
"Tainted Sun says: Has to do with device drivers installed for Saitek Eclipse keyboard (and possibly others). I went into the device manager and disabled the command pad and hotkeys and it works fine now."
"8063 says: Having a Nintendo Wii remote profiled in my bluetooth devices caused this problem for me."

I was wondering if it was a keyboard issue. That being said, after a brief search through google and my control panel, I have no clue where to go or what to do to disable those. Call me useless, but man I have no clue how to fix this.

Using a logitech LX710 wireless usb keyboard/mouse.

Er.. and I hate to be imposing, so if this is a "dude that's your problem not ours" scenario, just lemme know and I'll leave you guys to continue building this game.
Shadow3121
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 am

Shadow3121 Wrote:
KITAmaru Wrote:Shadow-
Hmm, for the people that are experiencing problems with their character only going 'up and left' it seems to be an RPGVX thing. Here's a little snippet from the FAQ in VX's wiki;
"At the title screen I can only move my selection cursor down and in game my character automatically moves left and up."
"Tainted Sun says: Has to do with device drivers installed for Saitek Eclipse keyboard (and possibly others). I went into the device manager and disabled the command pad and hotkeys and it works fine now."
"8063 says: Having a Nintendo Wii remote profiled in my bluetooth devices caused this problem for me."

I was wondering if it was a keyboard issue. That being said, after a brief search through google and my control panel, I have no clue where to go or what to do to disable those. Call me useless, but man I have no clue how to fix this.

Using a logitech LX710 wireless usb keyboard/mouse.

Er.. and I hate to be imposing, so if this is a "dude that's your problem not ours" scenario, just lemme know and I'll leave you guys to continue building this game.

XD i have that same problem only it affects flash games, (using demon girl as a example) sometimes the char would move on her own and act like i am holding like the up key down or just not respond to any other button, any help for the both of us? lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 am

Naw, nothing like that--just keep in mind that I have pretty much no experience in terms of computer-savvy troubleshooting, as I am merely utilizing RPGVX as a platform for my writing / scenarios / CG's made with 3DCG and so on.

A reason for the problem appears to be here:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=797
"If you have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and installed the default gaming keyboard drivers RPGmaker(ANY version) will not work. Heres the reason. It seems as if it is both a keyboard at the same time as being a game controller (ahh starting to see why it was screwing up?). This is something that RPGmaker does not like at all. The running to the side was caused by the controls confilicting with null values set to the control buttons and of course since the buttons for the up and down 'technically' did not exist the game basically was interpreting the random junk the OS was sending as run around in circles like crazy person.

So in the end the only way I was able to fix it was to physically disable the Saitek Gaming keyboard in Device Manager. Annoying for someone that uses this thing.. maybe.. for me I never used it once. So alls good in the world now "

Even if your keyboard/mouse isn't that Saitek model, if the computer recognizes it as a 'game controller' (which seems to be the case for many wireless keyboard / mouse combos), you will most likely run into the same problem. Basically the best way to find the Device Manager, that I know of, is to go to Start ~> Control Panel ~> change the Control Panel's view options (located on the left hand side usually) to Classic View, then select Device Manager. You should be able to find your keyboard or whatever through 'Human Interface Devices', otherwise known as HID's.

By the way, 0.07 can be expected around the weekend of the 23rd, but if not, before the end of the month seems about right.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Shadow3121 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:57 am

Bah, it aint workin' for me. Disabled some of the HID devices, all that would seem involved, but nothin's workin'. Oh well. I'll just grab another keyboard or access this through a different computer or something. What a shame.

Thanks for the help though, it was really appreciated. Hope the other guy gets it figured out.
Shadow3121
Newly Registered

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.03 (8/21/1

Postby demise23 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:46 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Heh, let's hope a kid who hasn't gone through puberty yet won't be exposed to that kind of filth (let alone have to resort to VX games), but obviously, being realistic about it, they probably will anyway :\ At least if I remember how early I got to see stuff in my childhood. And unfortunately, even 'good' parents can still be outwitted by a clever and determined kid nowadays to some extent. It's pretty sad as I don't personally feel they need to see that stuff at such a young age--there's really all the time in the world to fap or have THOSE relations with other people later.

If you don't know anything about RPG Maker, then... we're mostly in the same boat, LOL. I can however, always use a storyline consultant--obviously as the developer I'll be the final word in what goes in the game and what doesn't, but it helps to have a person to check from an outside point of view as to whether or not something flows well.

Writing the second scene for this weekend's patch on my phone during downtime at work...lol

Oh man, a Megaman RPG! Classic Megaman? X? Legends? The Network series, orrrr?

If you don't mind a flash version, I found one on Newgrounds. Enjoy.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/297098
Yes, This is Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness. So what if I play Yu-Gi-Oh? At least I don't smoke, do drugs, drink, or break the law!
demise23

Postby AbysmalTears » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 am

There is so much potential to be used for the special scenes in the chambers. Are there future plans to arrange a second meeting with these customers? JW
AbysmalTears

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Erm... probably not all of them, but likely a few, though it's definitely not going to be this upcoming patch.
I'm currently in the process of 'personalizing' each stall scene, as in making changes based on each character, and a rough test version should be released before the end of next week so that bugs regarding the 'stalls' can be resolved while I finish up the stuff with Gwyn. I'm a tad behind schedule due to picking up some extra days at work, so bear with me here.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Erm... probably not all of them, but likely a few, though it's definitely not going to be this upcoming patch.
I'm currently in the process of 'personalizing' each stall scene, as in making changes based on each character, and a rough test version should be released before the end of next week so that bugs regarding the 'stalls' can be resolved while I finish up the stuff with Gwyn. I'm a tad behind schedule due to picking up some extra days at work, so bear with me here.

:D i am the first to say it but, take your time KITA your own life should always come first before working on this^,..,^
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby JonathanTBE » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm

that's the best sexgame ive ever playin
JonathanTBE
Newly Registered

Postby lastpirate89 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm

So I recently joined LoK but I have been playing your guys stuff on other sites....I see now thats bad but it lead me to you :P. I just downloaded you game and I cant play. I can get the game to start, pick character and then once I get to the first room. I can only move up and down... it seems like my left key is stuck or wont work but only when that program is open. In the character screen i cant click left and in the item menu/skill menu i cant click left but right works. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
lastpirate89
Newly Registered

Postby Raio10 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:06 am

Man i cannot wait for this next update this game is awesome better than most of the other games out there keep it up KITAmaru.
Raio10

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am

BTW just for the sake of asking (not that i'm keeping up to date) what are your plans on the latest update.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zodiark69 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:48 am

@BlueLight You'll be surprised at what he has. Just prepare yourself for it.
Zodiark69

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:26 am

Thanks all. For the people who are having troubles with controls, this is not my programming; it's a common problem with RPG Maker VX. I've probably said it last page, and the one before, so I will be posting these links up in a FAQ, but please refer to these threads for troubleshooting:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=25838
In short, it has a lot to do with the type of keyboard you use; try unplugging the keyboard and mouse or reinstalling the RPG VX RTP. There are several other steps you can take, described in detail in the threads I linked above.

As far as what I have so far, admittedly I'm a little behind schedule, but it should be done before the end of the month. I've actually been working on this game EVERY DAY without fail, so rest assured that I haven't ditched it, lost interest, got writer's block, or anything like that. I still need to work on about... 2 more H-scenes, but I have the writing for the stall scenes finished 6/6, and 3/6 personalized (and by 'personalized', I mean that I have unique dialogue for each character finished).

Originally I was going to do just the low-Purity version, but I was feeling ambitious and productive so I went ahead and did both the high and low-Purity versions of each stall scene to try. After that is the 3DCG creation which usually doesn't take more than 1-2 days, and I can release a trial version for my beta testers which doesn't have all of Gwyn's stuff just yet, but has the stall system implemented, which is basically 6 consecutive H-scenes in itself. The exact details of all the rest are under wraps, but I can confidently say that I at least have that much done!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Thanks all. For the people who are having troubles with controls, this is not my programming; it's a common problem with RPG Maker VX. I've probably said it last page, and the one before, so I will be posting these links up in a FAQ, but please refer to these threads for troubleshooting:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=25838
In short, it has a lot to do with the type of keyboard you use; try unplugging the keyboard and mouse or reinstalling the RPG VX RTP. There are several other steps you can take, described in detail in the threads I linked above.

As far as what I have so far, admittedly I'm a little behind schedule, but it should be done before the end of the month. I've actually been working on this game EVERY DAY without fail, so rest assured that I haven't ditched it, lost interest, got writer's block, or anything like that. I still need to work on about... 2 more H-scenes, but I have the writing for the stall scenes finished 6/6, and 3/6 personalized (and by 'personalized', I mean that I have unique dialogue for each character finished).

Originally I was going to do just the low-Purity version, but I was feeling ambitious and productive so I went ahead and did both the high and low-Purity versions of each stall scene to try. After that is the 3DCG creation which usually doesn't take more than 1-2 days, and I can release a trial version for my beta testers which doesn't have all of Gwyn's stuff just yet, but has the stall system implemented, which is basically 6 consecutive H-scenes in itself. The exact details of all the rest are under wraps, but I can confidently say that I at least have that much done!

can't wait KITA :D and i am using a labtop btw XD (and it isn't RPGmaker giving me problems, it is flash games, like that "mario is missing" game)
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Jaronsan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Just wondering, but what size will the stall scenes be?
Jaronsan
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner