Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby BlueLight » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Already covered.

BATHE.

You can do it as often as you want.

Out of context i would believe your trying to sell me something

Already covered?
Bath!
You can do it as often as you want!
Now only 99 easy payment of 99.99
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:39 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:I suppose it could certainly discourage the less grindy players from taking advantage of it, so I could always fix that in the future--

Man, if it involved a freakin' cooldown, then even grindy fellows like myself would grumble about it.

On the other hand

I will literally never grind purity UPWARDS in the first place, so while I'd grumble and shake fists about the concept, I'd never grumble about the practice.

KITAmaru Wrote:5/6 scenes in the Stalls done (writing-wise)

Excellent news! : D

If it ain't guro or scat, there's almost literally nothing I wouldn't love to see in the stalls, so I'm eagerly waiting to see if that "BE PREPARED BEFORE YOU WORK THERE" warning means that one should be up to my level of preparation, or EVEN OVER THAT.
(Spoilers, I'm pretty sure "my level of preparation" is actually overlevelled.)
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 am

Naw, nothing like that. I already mentioned no scat or hard guro, so... I'm gonna stick with what I said there.
In other news, has anyone noticed the slight differences that each character tends to experience when it comes to low-Purity scenes? It was my attempt in keeping just a sliver of the character's personality even as a sex-crazed nympho, so that they won't basically end up the same character should you choose to corrupt them.

I'm going to try and implement slight changes in speech that make it a bit more apparent in the future, though there are hints of it right now, for example; at low Purity, Cesca tends to focus on the sensations she feels rather than always admitting that her partner(s) are men, Asella tends to emphasize that the people doing her are commoners, Rhiannon likes to spur them on in terms of performing better, and so on. In the future, Irine will have more of a defined 'Low Purity State' and Sairyn will focus on pleasing the man/woman/thing with the utmost perfection of sexual technique. Same with the others.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:43 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Naw, nothing like that. I already mentioned no scat or hard guro, so... I'm gonna stick with what I said there.
In other news, has anyone noticed the slight differences that each character tends to experience when it comes to low-Purity scenes? It was my attempt in keeping just a sliver of the character's personality even as a sex-crazed nympho, so that they won't basically end up the same character should you choose to corrupt them.

I'm going to try and implement slight changes in speech that make it a bit more apparent in the future, though there are hints of it right now, for example; at low Purity, Cesca tends to focus on the sensations she feels rather than always admitting that her partner(s) are men, Asella tends to emphasize that the people doing her are commoners, Rhiannon likes to spur them on in terms of performing better, and so on. In the future, Irine will have more of a defined 'Low Purity State' and Sairyn will focus on pleasing the man/woman/thing with the utmost perfection of sexual technique. Same with the others.

yay no scat or guro, yea i notest that early on (like at 0.04) and lol thats why i hate asella XD she is (even as a sex-crazed nympho or not) a bitch
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby gillez82 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:20 am

agreed , no grusome stuff , kinda remove the atractiveness of a scene and make ppl to skip it quick without reading or looking at the art that may have bin used so please *gets on knees and beg* no grusome , gore or scat altough i dont mind a big a roughness like the dominatrix part wiping with her crop or a few slaps . other then that keep up the great work for i know 3D scenes, even for still pictures isnt easy. i salute your patience on that work to satisfy your fans and dont rush , bethre to delay for a better gameplay then to rush and get complaints we can wait the few more days if needed for i am sure i speck in everyone sake when i say that
gillez82
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:24 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:In other news, has anyone noticed the slight differences that each character tends to experience when it comes to low-Purity scenes? It was my attempt in keeping just a sliver of the character's personality even as a sex-crazed nympho, so that they won't basically end up the same character should you choose to corrupt them.

I noticed, but I could never QUITE put my finger on the precise differences, except that each character's low purity state seemed perfectly appropriate, somehow. I noticed explicitly that the whore-magus stayed Refined and in control most of the time - though not ALL the time XD - and I noticed that Rhiannon stayed absolutely bawss and assertive, but the others I couldn't quite define in words, before you mentioned them. Well, except for Asella's. It's hard to miss her noble arrogance. XD
It's a fine idea, I think, because pretty much the appeal that CAUSES me to go through the game with all 8 characters is seeing their separate personalised responses when corrected.
I mean, If they were all literally the same, I MIGHT still do it just to see how the game played with different attack styles and all, but I'd have a lot less incentive to do it, really.

Also, I have to confess that I can't put my finger on Emilia's personalised nature even now that I think back on it.

As opposed to being sort of restrained/neutral/respectfully submissive/Hentai-Trained Nadeshiko like Sairyn, she seems to be ... more vanilla, I guess. Ordinary western woman enjoying herself...? I'm not sure.
I AM sure her 4bandits scene made me add her as a favourite of mine though.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, considering that I usually start off writing scenes with a fairly standard or vanilla response, admittedly Emilia gets them first, and for the other characters I tend to modify it from there. So far it appears to be that she does have a healthy libido and is simply less reserved or ashamed about it with a low-Purity state.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Also, I have to confess that I can't put my finger on Emilia's personalised nature even now that I think back on it.

emilia is like the norm one XD (it's like a hentai when the girl talks to herself in her head but also talks to the guy she is with) or you can say she is a mix of a few of the other girls
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Kuragari » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:04 am

Emilia is I think more of the case that she's just, as kita says, has a healthly sex drive, and doesn't have as much of a problem recognizing it.
Kuragari

Postby iliekmudkips » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:25 am

I am in love with this game. The only thing that could make it better is a walkthrough or a wiki or something.
iliekmudkips
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 am

iliekmudkips Wrote:I am in love with this game. The only thing that could make it better is a walkthrough or a wiki or something.

well it's only like the first chapter,i wouldn't expect a walkthrough at least untill chapter 3 or 4

oh and KITA i have a small idea if you like to hear it, i was thinking about this for a bit and i think you should add a small unique text (maybe just a char pic when said char talks but still a black screen or a pic of the lair syndicate) of the intro for each of the char's, like sairyn talking to her fiancé before leaving to the syndicate or rhiannon leaving the band of thiefs herself, possibly telling her men that they would be killed in a sec while she has a fighting chance (giving a reason she would go alone) for said syndicate or even emilia/asella leaving the order to save the princess
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 am

iliekmudkips Wrote:I am in love with this game. The only thing that could make it better is a walkthrough or a wiki or something.

well it's only like the first chapter,i wouldn't expect a walkthrough at least untill chapter 3 or 4

oh and KITA i have a small idea if you like to hear it, i was thinking about this for a bit and i think you should add a small unique text (maybe just a char pic when said char talks but still a black screen or a pic of the lair syndicate) of the intro for each of the char's, like sairyn talking to her fiancé before leaving to the syndicate or rhiannon leaving the band of thiefs herself, possibly telling her men that they would be killed in a sec while she has a fighting chance (giving a reason she would go alone) for said syndicate or even emilia/asella leaving the order to save the princess, how about it KITA? :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 am

Hm... Yeah, that might be something I'd have to implement in the future to give newer players a 'taste' of the character they just selected. It would definitely take a lot of thinking over / revision to make sure it doesn't seem half-assed or whatever, though.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:19 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Hm... Yeah, that might be something I'd have to implement in the future to give newer players a 'taste' of the character they just selected. It would definitely take a lot of thinking over / revision to make sure it doesn't seem half-assed or whatever, though.

yay, maybe for a WAY later update tho lol :3 if you need any help with their full bg stories i'll be glad to help^,..,^ if you need it that is lol (i'm just trying to be helpful not nosy or buggy mind you XD)
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby lok987 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 am

Hello KITAmaru,

at first I wasn't to excited about your project. But after trying it out, I have to say, you have accomplished quite a cool game!
The gameplay is nice and tight. It's simple, yet enjoyable. I find myself wanting to continue real fighting, but also loosing from time to time. Great stuff overall!

However, while playing I noticed some things, that could be improved. It is mostly technical. I hope you consider some of it.

- Increase the resolution and / or give the choice to change it, so that everything is bigger. The window is rather small on a 24" TFT. Maybe double the size would be a good start.
- Give the option to change the music / sound volume. It's really loud, when playing with headphones. Right now, I'm decreasing the Windows Sound Volume.
- Implement a "Load" function into the game, because you can only load a game through the main menu.
- Check the scrolling mechanism of the loading menu. Scrolling through the save slots is to fast or something. Everytime I scroll over serveral slots up and down, I'm not landing on the right slot, but somewhere different.
- Place a door, stairs or visible passage, where there ought to be one. There are several rooms, where there is no indication, if you can go "through the wall" or not.
- Maybe you can increase the walking / running speed a bit. Some areas are rather large.
- Also please try to fill some of the corridors with rubble, torches, plants, columns and other random items. Some areas are quite empty.
- Sexual attacks would also be a nice addition. This has already been suggested on one of the pages in this thread.
- Maybe tone down some of the talking. I like, that you try to write a (long?) story around the characters and the game, but I really think the conversations are too long. I suggest cutting them down by about 33 %. Moreover, if it's possible, you could either make the conversations skippable or make them continue faster. It's something that also annoys me with "real games", where you can't skip the cutscenes although you already watched them a couple of times.

That's it for now. :)

Keep up the amazing work!
lok987

Postby Kuragari » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:02 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Hm... Yeah, that might be something I'd have to implement in the future to give newer players a 'taste' of the character they just selected. It would definitely take a lot of thinking over / revision to make sure it doesn't seem half-assed or whatever, though.

That'd be a good thing to start at about version 0.2.5 and have done by 0.4.0 or 0.6.0.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Unless we get someone who really loves playing all the purity levels, the walkthrough is probably going to have to be a multi-person affair. Maybe it could be EDITED by one guy to end up in a consistent style, but the high purity path is eventually going to be very different from the low purity one, and the Elynsor path is eventually going to be very different from the Syndicate one.

As long as I have time, I do volunteer to contribute the geographical location of the low-purity playthrough's H-events and perhaps plot events to the walkthrough if it ever gets off the ground - but not the purity requirement of those events, since I won't know it. "0's low enough" is all I will be able to say. XD

High purity's events etc are gonna have to be done by another dude/dudette, but it shouldn't be difficult to get someone who's interested enough in that path and competent enough with language to do 'em. Even if that person is barely competent or EVEN barely below competent, a reasonably good editor with some knowledge of the game himself/herself should be able to whip the stuff produced into shape.

I don't volunteer to take that post of "reasonably good editor", though, because I don't want to hear much about the high purity path even through reading the work of others just to look for grammatical mistakes. What can I say.
XD

... Eventually, the plot of the game is going to become two plots and pretty much 2 separate games. When that DOES happen, I volunteer to detail the "syndicate path to the hilt from earliest possible opportunity" playthrough, but what I produce would be incomplete in that it wouldn't detail all the possible opportunities to leave the Elynsor path, since I wouldn't run into them.

P'raps it'd be simpler for Kita if he does it like Legend of Queen Opala, in that there would really only be one opportunity to change path from one to the other - but I hope he does it BETTER than Legend of Queen Opala as well, in that the option will be made obvious, and not be hidden behind some other random choice.
Just to illustrate: in Queen Opala, you've gotta CHOOSE to follow the escaping Osira underground in one very specific occurence, AND kill off some of her lizards before one is offered the choice to join the Osira Path, which ... wasn't obvious to me at all on the first playthrough. I thought you'd go meet her in her castle/lair later or some shit. So ... yeah. More obvious choice ftw, preferably one that is both early and unavoidable in the plot.

...Y'know ... thinking of how much work it would be to make a WALKTHROUGH of the plots... kinda makes me realise how much more work it would be to write the plot itself in the first place.

Holy balls Kita, bitten off a bit of a large chunk of work there, haven't ye : O
THIS GAME MIGHT TAKE YEARS TO COMPLETE.
It'll be worth it though, because so far it's the only H-game RPG that I've ever played that seems to have its head screwed on completely right.
Don't get me wrong, Legend of Queen Opala was pretty great too...
But there's just too little H content in that game, man.
Lucky777

Postby Milten » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:It'll be worth it though, because so far it's the only H-game RPG that I've ever played that seems to have its head screwed on completely right.
Don't get me wrong, Legend of Queen Opala was pretty great too...
But there's just too little H content in that game, man.

And most of it was weirdly drawn pictures without story and sense. Despair Labyrinyh is definitely superior here.
Milten

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:02 pm

For sure not gonna deny the superiority of Dlaby, but I DID enjoy quite a few of dem pictures, though. : O
Lucky777

Postby PervertedFreak » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 pm

lok987 Wrote:Maybe tone down some of the talking. I like, that you try to write a (long?) story around the characters and the game, but I really think the conversations are too long. I suggest cutting them down by about 33 %. Moreover, if it's possible, you could either make the conversations skippable or make them continue faster. It's something that also annoys me with "real games", where you can't skip the cutscenes although you already watched them a couple of times.

I think that having a "skip cutscene"ish could be useful (though I'd never use it) but I really disagree on the fact that you want to decrease conversation lenght. I love the conversations, it's one of the (many) things that makes this game so great.
PervertedFreak

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner