I want to start creating a game but not as do it!

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

I want to start creating a game but not as do it!

Postby quarzo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi all. (and sorry my bad english :oops: )

after much time playing games created in creative corner i finally decided try create one too.

i am learning to programing on java (using eclipse), i am noob but already created little programs with windows interfaces, i want know if i can use (or import) the animations on my code, or the more easy way do the game on adobe flash?

i see other games using sprites like brothelsimgame or strumpets, i can do the same?, what prograns you recommend for achieve my goal? :oops:

ty all and sorry my bad english :oops:
quarzo
Newly Registered

Re: I want to start creating a game but not as do it!

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Look up JavaFX which should be packaged with Java 6+.
I think that has the classes you need to create animations like you would find in a flash game but i can't be sure. It's also likely going to need more work from you to implement.
You'll also likely need a secondary program to create these animations with where flash is all in one.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Anonymouse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:36 am

Flash or Unity are probably better tools. Flash is easier to use and has a month trial period, but Unity is free and is steadily replacing Flash.
Anonymouse

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 pm

For some things, it's easier to use FlashDevelop and a blit engine. Flash Develop is free and nice to have even if you also have the Flash IDE.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:50 pm

As someone who uses both (and hates scripting/interrupt languages with a passion), i'm going to say use unity. C# a language you can use with unity is very close to flash; you have cross platform support; and you have a 3D engine that can handle 2D just as well where flash has a 2D system that can't handle 3D that well.
BlueLight

Postby NoBounce16 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Use Flash Builder 4.7 if you have it. Great IDE, and it's pretty close to javascript (syntax) and c# (oop). Also works well with the Flash animation library. Flash Animator comes out soon which will change everything, so it might even be worth finding a javascript library and using that with animator.
NoBounce16
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:54 pm

BlueLight Wrote:As someone who uses both (and hates scripting/interrupt languages with a passion), i'm going to say use unity. C# a language you can use with unity is very close to flash; you have cross platform support; and you have a 3D engine that can handle 2D just as well where flash has a 2D system that can't handle 3D that well.

Did not work with unity for now - but it is only example may be unity do it better.
Flash is not so bad really ... i think :roll: ;)

Demo from Away 3d projects.

WASD = move (Drag and drop screan to rotate the camera).
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby BlueLight » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Man my frame rates. Gross! 20FPS on my machine.
Granted this is way better than the last 3D test i saw but still going to go with unity.
This type of scene can be constructed in unity for free.
BlueLight

Postby JacksonGood » Sun May 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Honestly, I feel that the fastest way to learn how to make a game is by watching a youtube series or getting a course from udemy.
Deends what you want to make.
JacksonGood

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:20 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:As someone who uses both (and hates scripting/interrupt languages with a passion), i'm going to say use unity. C# a language you can use with unity is very close to flash; you have cross platform support; and you have a 3D engine that can handle 2D just as well where flash has a 2D system that can't handle 3D that well.

Did not work with unity for now - but it is only example may be unity do it better.
Flash is not so bad really ... i think :roll: ;)

Demo from Away 3d projects.

WASD = move (Drag and drop screan to rotate the camera).

Away3D seems to work fine for static objects, but I have trouble trying to import animated characters.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:25 pm

What problems do you have ? It moves a little strange ? Or object is diflecting ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:53 pm

I didn't even get that far. I couldn't figure out how to even load animated characters into the game.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:22 pm

It will not be easy ;) There are programs - awaybuilder or some thing like that (on the same site where you download away3d) It will let you to make animations - it converts MD5 animations and model to the away speshial file (model + animation) - it was the easyest way that i found.

Then you load it like textures - and use its animations like animate 1 or some thing like that. I can try to give you a sorce code - but unfortunatly it is some problem with my main computer :oops: :cry:
So i need to find it some where in my backups.

But look the examples in away3d that they give (with the bear) - it will not be hard. If there will be problems try to contact with me in PM or in this topic i will post what i will found in my backups :roll: (If i will find it :( )

I hope i will find it tomorrow if you will need it.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 pm

I tried to use awaybuilder to convert models that I made but it made strange errors. The foundation or whatever that made the MD5 format hasn't updated their website in several years and the MD5 extension for Blender doesn't seem to work.

It will be a while before I try to program anything in Away3D, prerendered spritesheets will make do for now.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:09 pm

It works but a little strange - you will need the latest there MD5 converter that is in internet - then you must select all model sceletn and animation - and only then it will convert to md5 (if it will not be selected or selct in not correct way it will not work) (I do not remember sceleton model animation or model sceleton animation - can not check it i am from notebook now :? )

Try to read about it in internet or just try it is a little bug in there codes some where. I did not check it it is on pyton or some thing like that if i am correct and i am not good in it :oops:

Unfortunatly to make 3d on flash is not reaaly as simple - some problems with learning - becouse of mistakes in programs that convert models :( But it is solving if to try different way ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Return to Tutorials