zum Damenhaus (new public release 3.8.1!) (11/03/19)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

zum Damenhaus (new public release 3.8.1!) (11/03/19)

Postby random Crow » Sat May 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Hello my fellow crows,

I’d like to introduce a new, free flash based game I’m currently working on.
The Legend of Krystal idea was a big part, which inspired me finally giving something back to the community.

As for a short view what the game is about:
“zum Damenhaus” is a scurry brothel game.
Take care of your business and organize your girls.
Assign them to a workroom und check their functioning veeeeeery closely.
Also, if you need some help: simply exact some. Slaves will never complain. Or am I wrong?
Do anything to raise the reputation of your establishment, even if you have to satisfy the strangest clients’ requests.

Furthermore here is a short tutorial right from my blog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

- the mansion is your home
- the doors can be used to buy chambers for your girls
- with the house symbol to your right, you switch between your home and the brothel
- Amanda is the protagonist. She can travel to town, so she can buy slaves for her business
- Madeline is a side character. You can assign her to the bar
- both Amanda and Madeline are also able to satisfy clients
- slaves are your staff. Use them to improve your coins and reputation. You will get them at the slave market
- starting the day, will bring you to your brothel and clients will spawn
- if a client is waiting, click him, to see what he wants to have
- click the room of the most fitting girl
- make sure you give a client his desired room, or you will get the lowest amount of coins

You can find news and patchnotes here: http://zumdamenhaus.blogspot.com

Keep in mind that there is always a newer version available for Patrons!

Have fun!
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

zum Damenhaus v.3.8.1.swf [ 40.1 MiB | Viewed 3473 times ]

Cheers

random Crow
Last edited by random Crow on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 39 times in total.
random Crow

Re: Zum Damenhaus

Postby Sasha » Sat May 21, 2016 6:41 pm

It would be nice if there was some sort of fast forward option. Other than that, nice game.
Sasha

Postby evildumdum » Sat May 21, 2016 9:36 pm

This is really good. It has the potential to be one of the best games on here.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Alex250 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:19 am

Great game so far! I like the procedural characters and I am very much impressed by your animations. But the game has a considerable number of issues that make it painful to play.

A few points that could be improved:
- The speed. I have to to sit and watch the client come, chug his drink, go in the back room then I can assign him. Then he has to go down the slow elevator and walk all the way to the room (I started with the top left one). When the day ends, why must you wait until the last client has exited the scene? it just feels like a waste of time.
- The start. Since you must build the two VIP rooms and at least one work room, why don't you give them to us from the start? Why must we assign Madeline to a work room to be able to send Amanda to town? I recommend making an in-game introduction/tutorial that takes you trough these steps while introducing the story/setting.
- The zoom and camera control. It is tiring to have to click the buttons to zoom in and out every time you want to see a sex scene. it is also tiring having to move the camera all the time. It would help a lot to be able to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and to move the camera faster with the arrow keys and screen edges.
- The scale. Why do we have 16 spaces for work rooms? Why do we have 20 dormitory spaces, enough for 38 characters? The game would be better (and less resource intensive) if we had only 6 available spaces.

A few things that would improve the game a lot:
- improving the camera scrolling and zoom, as mentionned above
- clicking the "waiting client" indicator to select the client
- adding a "Reassign all" button to quickly assign the workers to their last post.

While the game has a lot of things to improve once they get better the game will be awesome.
Alex250

Postby looloolala35353 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:43 am

I think this game is really promising and enjoyable even in its fledgeling state, and I think the interface brings something new to the table which we haven't seen too much so far. I think that you should add a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out (clicking is a little annoying), and make sure that you can cancel your assignments before the day begins if you accidentally click in the wrong spot. I am really looking forward to seeing where this game goes!
looloolala35353
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sun May 22, 2016 6:32 am

I noticed some of the "Likes" contradict, like one wanting dark hair and light hair, might want to make it so that does not happen.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Re: Zum Damenhaus (creators word)

Postby random Crow » Sun May 22, 2016 10:01 am

Oh god... *wipes away tear in the corner of his eye* so many helpfull people!

Tank you all for your comments! I will go through them now and give you my thoughs:

It would be nice if there was some sort of fast forward option. by Sasha

That was one of my early objectives, but i had to drop it, scince its quite complex to do in this project.
I guess you want that in the first place, because the start of the day (each day) can obvious beeing drawn-out. Alex250 points that out.
I will find a solution for this.

- The speed. I have to to sit and watch the client come, chug his drink, go in the back room then I can assign him. Then he has to go down the slow elevator and walk all the way to the room (I started with the top left one). When the day ends, why must you wait until the last client has exited the scene? it just feels like a waste of time. by Alex250

I know the game should be slow paced. But i fully understand your standpoint. I can do something abot the general speed. Also i will change the last client, so the whole workers don't have to wait, till he's finally gone. Apart from this, i will figure somthing out what to do with the slow beginning.

The start. Since you must build the two VIP rooms and at least one work room, why don't you give them to us from the start? by Alex250

The Idea was to let the player decide where to put them. Of corse, for now it actually doesn't matter. I hoped the save feature helped out, so people don't have to repeat the whole process.

Why must we assign Madeline to a work room to be able to send Amanda to town? by Alex250

Will be improved.

I recommend making an in-game introduction/tutorial that takes you trough these steps while introducing the story/setting. by Alex250

A tutorial is already in a long term planning. I just did not sqezze it in yet, just because i didn't want to hold off the release. But it will come!

- The zoom and camera control. It is tiring to have to click the buttons to zoom in and out every time you want to see a sex scene. it is also tiring having to move the camera all the time. It would help a lot to be able to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and to move the camera faster with the arrow keys and screen edges. by Alex250

I will improve that.

- The scale. Why do we have 16 spaces for work rooms? Why do we have 20 dormitory spaces, enough for 38 characters? The game would be better (and less resource intensive) if we had only 6 available spaces. by Alex250

The dimensions the game will grow are huge. You now see a ridiculous small amount of slave races. Also more important characters will join Amanda and Madeline. And... other stuff i won't yet announce.

- clicking the "waiting client" indicator to select the client
- adding a "Reassign all" button to quickly assign the workers to their last post. by Alex250

These... suggestions... are... AWESOME. I will do that.

I think that you should add a keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out (clicking is a little annoying), and make sure that you can cancel your assignments before the day begins if you accidentally click in the wrong spot. bylooloolala35353

Will be done!

I noticed some of the "Likes" contradict, like one wanting dark hair and light hair, might want to make it so that does not happen. by Dead2112man

That's actually intended, to make it easier to have have at least one bonus out of three. Simultaneously it means, that a 'perfect client bonus' is harder to get. That is correct, but the reward for it is therefore exponentially higher. But if more player point this out i can change this, no problem.

Finally i won't only mention the things, that are critical to improve.

(i put them all in one quote)
(...), nice game. / This is really good. It has the potential to be one of the best games on here. / Great game so far (...) While the game has a lot of things to improve once they get better the game will be awesome. / I think this game is really promising and enjoyable even in its fledgeling state (...) I am really looking forward to seeing where this game goes!

Thank you all for your encouragement! I will continue working on the game as much as time can offer.
Stay tuned.

random Crow
random Crow

Postby Lucky777 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:41 pm

I haven't played the game, but for one person to want both dark hair and light hair on the same whore at the same time seems extraordinarily odd.

Maybe make tiers of preference, like "first preference" would be a blonde, but he'll also be happier with a brunette than a readhead, or something.

Alternatively, a client like that could be one that can be perfectly satisfied only by a blonde+brunette threesome or something, I don't know.
Lucky777

Postby looptyloo » Sun May 22, 2016 2:59 pm

First of all - great job! I can't wait to see more updates. I actually really like the artstyle and animations so on that aspect I only hope you will add more bodytypes in the future (both girls and customers).

Bugs?
I can currently assign more than one girl to the first room that I made. (Average right under the bar if it makes any difference.)

Suggestions:
The bar as it is now is kind of useless since it seems all the customers go there before hitting the queue and it only extends the waiting time (while adding some cash). Maybe you already have more planned for it but how about making the bar visit random for customers? (I know this is not a groundbreaking suggestion at any level, lol.) The customer could (1) hit the bar OR (2) go straight to the elevator and then if he gets fed up with waiting he may (or not) stop by the bar and go back to the elevator queue one more time.
Rather than having a set number of rooms available how about having a basic room unit? 1 for Average, 2 for Stately, etc. The room sizes are kind of large now.
looptyloo
Newly Registered

Re: Zum Damenhaus (Hotfix v.1.1.1)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue May 24, 2016 12:28 am

I'm constantly running into a bug where the slave in the closest bed to the camera just doesn't appear, I can't select her, I don't get a tooltip, but she still counts against my limit. First time I played it happened as soon as I bought her, second time I had her for one day and after assigning her to the bar she disappeared at the end of the day.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Re: Zum Damenhaus (Hotfix v.1.1.1) (creators word)

Postby random Crow » Tue May 24, 2016 2:53 am

Hello, it's me again!

I can currently assign more than one girl to the first room that I made. (Average right under the bar if it makes any difference.) by looptyloo

This is odd. If you still have the haircolor and hairstyle in mind, i will ask you to tell me.

The customer could (1) hit the bar OR (2) go straight to the elevator (...) by looptyloo

That is actually how it works. But i guess the chance they take a drink is to high at the moment. I can reduce it if more people support you suggestion.

(...) and then if he gets fed up with waiting he may (or not) stop by the bar and go back to the elevator queue one more time. by looptyloo

That on the other hand is something i haven't think of. A back track? Hmm, maybe.

Rather than having a set number of rooms available how about having a basic room unit? 1 for Average, 2 for Stately, etc. The room sizes are kind of large now. by looptyloo

Can you please explicate what you mean in detail? And yes, the rooms are kind of large, i thought the clients need more space to... do things :)

I'm constantly running into a bug where the slave in the closest bed to the camera just doesn't appear, I can't select her, I don't get a tooltip, but she still counts against my limit. First time I played it happened as soon as I bought her, second time I had her for one day and after assigning her to the bar she disappeared at the end of the day. by Sallin_Kari

Can you remember the haircolor and hairstyle? That would be helpful. Also try to erease you current save game and start again. Sorry for that. After that you can provoke the bug again, if you like. If it still happens, you may contact me again.
random Crow

Postby JacksonGood » Tue May 24, 2016 3:08 am

It's pretty good. A few tweaks are needed to make it easier to understand how to play.
However, anyone who wants to play these games will figure it out anyway.
JacksonGood

Postby arde645 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

random Crow Wrote:Hello, it's me again!
I'm constantly running into a bug where the slave in the closest bed to the camera just doesn't appear, I can't select her, I don't get a tooltip, but she still counts against my limit. First time I played it happened as soon as I bought her, second time I had her for one day and after assigning her to the bar she disappeared at the end of the day. by Sallin_Kari

Can you remember the haircolor and hairstyle? That would be helpful. Also try to erease you current save game and start again. Sorry for that. After that you can provoke the bug again, if you like. If it still happens, you may contact me again.

It might be that she wandered off somewhere. In my game, I sometimes found her on the balcony to the left.
arde645
Newly Registered

Postby melkat » Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Game is nice but...

Sugesstions/bugs:
1. Elevators are not working well. Customers are waiting too long for them. Consider add another one going up, and down, or stairs?
2. More sex scenes for slaves - add scenes from Amanda or Madeline for them.
3. Customers needs: long and short hair or dark and light on the same time - bug?
4. Add scenes for male/female domination/subbimsion.
5. Add male slaves or shemale.
6. Add more rooms - gloryhole, bath, pool, gym etc.
7. Room where two girls are with one customer.
8. If i minimalize home/brothel to max. (-) it should show all bulding and lock scrolling.
9. Slaves summary - now when i have more slaves (10 or more) is hard to find someone.
melkat
Newly Registered

Postby looptyloo » Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 am

Rather than having a set number of rooms available how about having a basic room unit? 1 for Average, 2 for Stately, etc. The room sizes are kind of large now. by looptyloo

random Crow Wrote:Can you please explicate what you mean in detail? And yes, the rooms are kind of large, i thought the clients need more space to... do things :)

I should probably draw it but then I'd have to upload it somewhere and those are two things that require effort. So I'll try with words:
Currently every floor is like RREERR where R=Room, E=Elevator and every R is a room of the same size, no matter the "quality" of the room. What I'm suggesting is having place for (just as an example) 8 average rooms (A) or 4 stately (S=2xA) or 2 luxurious rooms (L=2xS=4xA) on a single floor. Example of a single floor with different rooms and elevators: ASAEEL (so using up 8 average room spaces on a single floor for 3 different room types). I've no idea how difficult it is to program but since this first showing of the game was already impressive, I just thought it would make space management more fun (in addition to really just managing the clients). You could make extra floors as unlockables too. Demolishing rooms could cost money, too.

I can't reproduce multiple girls in a single room now that I started over in 1.1.1. Whiel I'm at it I remembered another bug that I can't reproduce now - after some random multiple clicking in my previous game I could only see the slaves stats and not the sell/assign options.

Ah right, and one visual blooper that I still get - the customers walking through the bar aren't on top of the other layers (like customers drinking).
looptyloo
Newly Registered

Postby random Crow » Wed May 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello, it's still me.

JacksonGood Wrote:It's pretty good. A few tweaks are needed to make it easier to understand how to play.
However, anyone who wants to play these games will figure it out anyway.

No, you're absoloutly right. A tutorial will come.

arde645 Wrote:It might be that she wandered off somewhere. In my game, I sometimes found her on the balcony to the left.

*Slaps forehead* Ah, of course! That is what slaves do from time to time. Well, then it is officially a feature and not a bug :)

melkat Wrote:Sugesstions/bugs:
1. Elevators are not working well. Customers are waiting too long for them. Consider add another one going up, and down, or stairs?
2. More sex scenes for slaves - add scenes from Amanda or Madeline for them.
3. Customers needs: long and short hair or dark and light on the same time - bug?
4. Add scenes for male/female domination/subbimsion.
5. Add male slaves or shemale.
6. Add more rooms - gloryhole, bath, pool, gym etc.
7. Room where two girls are with one customer.
8. If i minimalize home/brothel to max. (-) it should show all bulding and lock scrolling.
9. Slaves summary - now when i have more slaves (10 or more) is hard to find someone.

I feel when i am start commenting on that, I would reveal things I have already planned, so i won't. Let's just say "I have carefully read through your post and merged every point of yours with all the other floating stuff in my head."
But one question: 9. Do you mean there are much more slaves than clients?

looptyloo Wrote:I should probably draw it but then I'd have to upload it somewhere and those are two things that require effort. So I'll try with words:
Currently every floor is like RREERR where R=Room, E=Elevator and every R is a room of the same size, no matter the "quality" of the room. What I'm suggesting is having place for (just as an example) 8 average rooms (A) or 4 stately (S=2xA) or 2 luxurious rooms (L=2xS=4xA) on a single floor. Example of a single floor with different rooms and elevators: ASAEEL (so using up 8 average room spaces on a single floor for 3 different room types). I've no idea how difficult it is to program but since this first showing of the game was already impressive, I just thought it would make space management more fun (in addition to really just managing the clients).

Okay, I get it now. I can for surely say, the layout will never change, so it will allways be RREERR. But you gave me the idea of an overall "brothel-worth", which increases with popularity. So for example, you can't just have luxurious rooms, when nobody knows your establishment. On the other hand I think "coins" are already taking care of that, since luxurious rooms are quite expensive. Also if you give a client a room he actually don't wants, than the amount of money you get is... well, very little. I will see how the game evolve and later we can start a new discussion about that.

looptyloo Wrote:You could make extra floors as unlockables too. Demolishing rooms could cost money, too.

Both ideas are good. I just want to wait how the overall gamebalance work out, which will come together with every released update.

looptyloo Wrote:Ah right, and one visual blooper that I still get - the customers walking through the bar aren't on top of the other layers (like customers drinking).

Yeah, I improve that, as soon as I found an easy solution.

See you soon

random Crow
random Crow

Postby Hannemann117 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:09 pm

First time posting here, created an account because I liked what I saw so much, this is getting very good very quickly and I can't wait to see what's added in as time goes on.

Also what fetishes are you planning on adding, I've noticed human is a request, will customers pay to watch a donkey show or the like?
Also will pregnancy risk be implemented? not gonna lie both of those would be kind of hot.
Hannemann117

Postby poiman » Fri May 27, 2016 10:19 pm

looks like it going to be rly awesome game :D but for now its need more speeeed!! meybe not rly increase speed of the elevator but add a second one?
also i think there could be more usage of side characters than only "go town" and "bar", both got custom animations, and we all want to see them in action :) i think there should be more side characters and they should provide somekind of special services. Why so? well, slave chamber cost 1 build slot and provide space for 2 slaves, a side char chamber have 1 to 1 ratio, so there sould be somekind of recompense for that.
anyway, good game, i really enjoy it :) wish much luck with futher develop!
<sorry for mine english>
poiman
Newly Registered

Postby random Crow » Sun May 29, 2016 5:24 am

Hello there humans,

I continue answering questions:

Hannemann117 Wrote:First time posting here, created an account because I liked what I saw so much, this is getting very good very quickly and I can't wait to see what's added in as time goes on.

Wow, what to say? I feel quit honored! You guys give me so much courage! :oops:

Hannemann117 Wrote:Also what fetishes are you planning on adding, I've noticed human is a request, will customers pay to watch a donkey show or the like?
Also will pregnancy risk be implemented? not gonna lie both of those would be kind of hot.

Pregnancy was a thing I knew it will find its way into the game sooner or later, since clients obviously have never heard of condoms. But this task is not yet on my to-do-list, so you need to be more patient.

And the donkey show thing? Ehm, not exactly donkeys, but... wait.. *scrolls up* where is it.. ah, here is the scentence I searched for:
*Clears throat*
"I have carefully read through your post and merged every point of yours with all the other floating stuff in my head." :roll:

poiman Wrote:looks like it going to be rly awesome game :D but for now its need more speeeed!! meybe not rly increase speed of the elevator but add a second one?

You could be right. But adding another elevator (or stairs) would take me to redo most of the programm, since i need to shove every room to a different location, to make some space for said elevator. Accordingly, that mean's the client needs to search for the new location. It's a chainreaction. :o
*sigh* I will find some kind of work around someday, but at this point i want to move the project ahead. And with a little luck it is later, after a few updates, not that big of deal anymore, since there is more content, which will keep the player busy.

poiman Wrote:also i think there could be more usage of side characters than only "go town" and "bar", both got custom animations, and we all want to see them in action :) i think there should be more side characters and they should provide somekind of special services. Why so? well, slave chamber cost 1 build slot and provide space for 2 slaves, a side char chamber have 1 to 1 ratio, so there sould be somekind of recompense for that.
anyway, good game, i really enjoy it :) wish much luck with futher develop!
<sorry for mine english>

Every importent character does have an own occupation. I want the player to decide stuff, which is in this early state of work of course at minimum.
But as for a current example: The gamer wants to level Madelines loving-skills. But that means the bar isn't in service, which costs the player some coins per day.
To have high levels in your abilitys will later be more decisive than it is now.
Also you can count on Amanda, that she can do more than just buy slaves later. And sidecharacters like Madeline (more are planned) will have at least one important function in your establishment.

I'm glad you guys are all asking this kind of stuff. It really means you do want to support this project. And I won't let you down, that's a promise!

random Crow
random Crow

Postby poiman » Sun May 29, 2016 11:43 pm

you also could make yo use this spare part of grass on right side of brothel for ... good question, for what? somekind of "waiting room" will be cool, meybe row of gloryholes? dance floor? VIP room? just a place when you can send few ppl from this all time growing queue. Or meybe an option to select other ppl from queue? its a bit annoying when you have a row of empty average rooms and quy want to go for only single already occupied stately room ...
well, its only a few loose ideas may be useful in the further development, meybe not.
it is good that each of us can make one single tiny brick and add it to this big brick brothel :D
poiman
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Flash Projects