Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am

We all love you, man. I don't think there's a person here that would like you to quit. Just work on it when you can, and we'll be rootin' fer ya.

Spectral out.
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks for the support. Also, I have pretty much the hottest scene ever in mind for one of the characters. I can't guarantee that it'll be this patch but most likely the one after... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway, back to working on stuff. Later!
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:19 pm

...Crap. That's not a cocktease at allllllllll.

...Please tell me it's not girl-on-girl.
SpectralTime

Postby Mugen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:01 pm

One thing I like about this game is that the slimes don't take virginity, so if you want to be a slut, but a virgin slut, you can grind on those enemies to low purity levels, then go ask for it from the sailors.

I wonder if it'd be possible to get a purity mirror in the bar, though? Or someone who comments on you and is a customer.

The option-changing sounds interesting, though. And it's better than 'Wants it 1, Wants it 2, Wants it 3'.

I really liked the low-purity scripted Asella loverape. She's so crazy about wanting a peasant's baby. It's hilarious.

You've done great on this project, Kita. Keep up the good work.
Mugen
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:We all love you, man. I don't think there's a person here that would like you to quit. Just work on it when you can, and we'll be rootin' fer ya.

Spectral out.

yea, i know we all don't want you to quit KETA but we all don't want you to work to the bone, take your time and rememe we are all backing you up dood :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby If_You're_Into_It » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm a longtime lurker here, but I made a username to comment and say that this is probably the best hentai game I've ever played. Not only is the sex damn hot, but the writing and the gameplay and the amount of effort going into this thing is enough for me to keep coming back to it. Sometimes I play going on the highest purity tract, skipping most of the sex scenes.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you've inspired me to start writing a game of my own; nothing that I'll ever post here as I'm not interested in writing hentai. But I've always wanted to write an RPG game myself and seeing you, almost a one-man team, write and create this very popular game has given me just about all the confidence I need to start working on fleshing out my own ideas. So, thank you for creating this game and I look forward to your updates in the near future.

For the record: my favorite character is Asella, and I like playing as a Pure character. Regarding fetishes, I like most everything except futa and pregnancy (or references thereto), but my favorites include Romantic/Consensual (any gender), NTR, and feet.

Final note: I am an English Literature Major attending college and I will happily assist you should you require someone of my skills (though you seem to have that covered). Have a good day!
If_You're_Into_It

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 pm

ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:
yea, i know we all don't want you to quit KETA but we all don't want you to work to the bone, take your time and rememe we are all backing you up dood :3

Goes without saying, but we gon' say it as many times as it seems necessary, sir.
Lucky777

Postby little knight » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm

ohh, can't wait. Just remember, like the others said, take it easy, its a labor of love.
little knight
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Psh. I'm not gonna quit on you guys. I can't promise timely delivery but I'm even writing more scenes right now (the most time-consuming, but most fun part for me really), so at least you know something's being done on the game. I'm also working on converting every H-scene thus far into a common event. Most are already, but the beginning ones aren't, so yeah. With it set up like this, you won't have a 'gallery mode' so much as a 'memory mode', where the text is also included in the scene.

And no, the scene I had in mind isn't F/F... it's actually a flashback/dream, which means it might have to wait until the Arcane stage. But fuck, it's awesome (maybe just to me, since it's a particular fetish thing)--PM me if you want spoilers since it's not even 100% complete but I have the premise.

Mugen, additional thanks--the deal with the Asella low-purity sailor scene has a lot to do with mind-corruption fetish, I guess. At this Purity level, she retains her disdain but embraces it instead. Hopefully the revamp of the choice / dialogue system will also give some additional insight as to the characters and their personalities, so we'll see!
Last edited by KITAmaru on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 pm

You know, You could save the revamp thing for Version 0.1.0. You could work on it and build up to it as you pass 0.0.7, 0.0.8, and 0.0.9. I will admit, it was rather tiring that there only seemed to be a certain direction the dialogue for the scenes was going, but I didn't make any mention of it because to be honest, its a Hentai game. As far as I can tell, most Hentai RPG's end up with the character basically being against sex, then becoming a lust driven slut the instant they start getting raped...

Correction, thats actually common with MOST Hentai. Eg Page 3 "I hate boys! I hate sex!!' Seven Pages later "MOAR COCKS!! LET ME BE THE WORLDS CUMDUMPSTER!!"

You get the idea :p

Not that thats a bad thing.

If it helps any, sometime soon I intend to look up some RPG VX tutorials and start learning how to use the thing. If I manage to get anywhere in that endeavor, I could start lending a hand.

No idea how I'm going to do that between Work, Sleep, and updating my various stories on the internet, but meh, I'll find time. :)

At any rate, I'm sure we can all be paitent and wait for the next update. It shall be a glourious update it seems :D

btw,

KITAmaru Wrote:Wolfram Scene Revision for Low-Purity, also added Mid-Purity and High-Purity variations for all characters
2 / 6 Scenes for the Chamber Stalls (Yeah, so I'm putting 6 scenes in there since people wanna see a horsey, oh you'll get a horsey...)

I find this statement to be both slightly disturbing...and highly amusing xD

For the record, the disturbing part is that we should all be very afraid.
Kuragari

Postby zulfiqar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:07 pm

can someone please post a walkthrough for this?
zulfiqar
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 pm

This is true; as such tropes involving the girl's mind-break (which are relatively quick in progress, presumably for fapping's sake) particularly in H-doujin and what not tend to involve all of that. Because this is a game, with a much wider scale however, and one played mainly episodically by its audience (two things that generally don't mix), I guess it wouldn't hurt to slow the scale down a bit, or at least make Purity a little bit easier to recover, although your virginity will pretty much never return if you've lost it. I realize that even if I were to make certain H-events take only 1 or 2 Purity away though, there would STILL be a ton of people that would grind the fuck outta these girls, no pun intended, so... in a way it can't be helped, but as of right now Purity does plummet a bit quickly so I'll work to change that.

I'm working on converting the pikeman scene to common event, and after that, I think... the Chambers is all that's left (the two chaser bandits).

You SHOULD be afraid. All I can say is, don't go offering yourself to be an attraction in the stall unless you think you're absolutely ready for whatever comes your way, in terms of creatures/monsters/bestiality--hey, people asked for the horse. And that's something I've been meaning to write about so there you have it... hahaha.

I had a rough scale in mind for Purity adjustments, but I'm not sure how to adjust it based on quantity. For example, if let's say... a handjob is -1, non-penetrative sexual favors are minus 2 or 3, and sex is 4 or 5, what about the sailor gangbang? Is that 6? 7? 12-15 because you got penetrated by three guys? Orrr...

Either way, I might limit the maximum loss of Purity to 5 or so in a given event (not including choices you might make); that way, it's still not THAT hard to grind if you just j-j-jam the spacebar. Alternatively, it'll also slow things down a bit so that you won't lose too much Purity.

Since I'm working on a lot of mechanics and re-dos, as well as just... mindless H-scenes, unfortunately this patch might be a little low in terms of new area / storyline content, as doing this sooner rather than later will save me a lot of trouble in terms of implementing new scenes later on. In terms of H-content... it's gonna be pretty damn high--likely due to that whole stalls thing that I'm working on.

I forgot to mention for Mugen who asked about the mirrors; soon you guys won't need Purity indicators, since it'll be in the status. I know it's probably less flavorful this way, but geared more towards game design since I KNOW some of you out there are constantly trying to check on your Purity before an event that requires it to be a certain level--such as the sailors, of course. Besides, I can always adjust the Mirrors later to have the 'flavor' of what being 45 Purity or 70 Purity 'feels like'.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Hell fucking yeah I'd grind 'em all down to 0 even if the events took away 1 purity per pop. You know your audience, sir.
(I mean sure, you could probably find a way to make it so that "before X time in the plot, purity low-ness is capped at X amount", but fuck that. Shit's there to get ground down, mang, and ground down in time for as many scenes as humanly possible.)

Also

AS TO THE STALLS, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Lucky777

Postby LckyNmbr13 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 am

Hey so i love everything im seeing and doing in this game i have no complaints your awesome love the game but i get past the guy with the bomb then i cant really get anywhere past the two rooms after on your right and left and the bar room what do i do? ahah sorry :?
LckyNmbr13
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:04 am

I've officially gotten every H-event into a Common Event now. This means that a 'memory mode' should easily be implemented; the only issue so far is that because Purity adjustments are choice-dependent, going into the 'memory mode' would uh... essentially adjust your Purity, so I'd need to find a way to probably save one's Purity when they go into it and then restore the saved Purity value after they're all done with the memory mode.

Woo, progress!

Also, walkthrough as in guide to unlocking every H-scene, or just playing straight through? 'Cause... playing it straight is pretty much a line that you walk on, although getting every H-scene unlocked is more of a challenge imo.

EDIT:
Done with the common events shift, now going over each event and implementing counters that keep track of how many times someone has came inside of your character, vaginally and orally. Should the plant count?

If_You're_Into_It-
I really appreciate you signing on to say that! Glad I can inspire, and to see someone else who actually likes NTR (though feet will most certainly make an appearance within the next few patches). I might actually take you up on that offer and send you a PM, though sadly you might need 10+ posts to actually reply, I think...
Last edited by KITAmaru on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ShadowFax » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:09 am

A walkthrough might want to take a couple routes. But it seems like you might just go the traditional "head here do this" style walkthrough with an index sorta on the end that indicates H-scenes. How to activate them and the purity requirments
ShadowFax

Postby Axel » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:21 am

This is beyond exellent! Looking forward to the finished work.
Just a guy who's only good for sketches.
Axel

Postby If_You're_Into_It » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 am

Well, I'll be sure to keep posting in that case =P That's an offer I can't refuse.

NTR is a strange fetish of mine that I can't explain. I have been cheated on before and I can't say I enjoyed it very much. But even still, on the subject of Playshapes and this board, one of the hottest things (to me) about his first game, Bowser's Castle, was the scene in which Fox had to watch Krystal get fucked. It wasn't necessarily when I discovered that I was attracted to that sort of thing, but it kind of cemented it in my brain as a fetish. It's weird, I'll leave it at that. But I guess every fetish is pretty damn weird.

I'm babbling.

Anywho, I sort of like the linear track that the game is going on. I wouldn't mind making it a little more open (since the game is called Despair *Labyrinth*, afterall) but generally, I like the focus on story that Legend of Queen Opala doesn't necessarily have.

Can't wait for the next update! Quit teasing us already!
If_You're_Into_It

Postby Zodiark69 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 am

Lucky777 Wrote:
ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:

Goes without saying, but we gon' say it as many times as it seems necessary, sir.

It'd help if you got his name right in the first place. xD KITA, not KETA! Regardless, it's all cool. We've got time to spare as he makes his work, yeah?
Zodiark69

Postby Kuragari » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 pm

I like the idea that the mirrors would give you an idea of what your character feels like....OOOHH!! Better idea. You get a scene showing what your character see's herself as, and you could even have...eheheh...have one where if your purity is low enough, your copy in the mirror steps out (only as a futa) and rapes you :D
Kuragari

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner