Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Heh, okay. In other news, how much gold did people have at the end of the 0.06 demo?
I'm trying to figure out prices for the new weapons.
I also shoulda made Red and Blue way stronger than they are, since damn, they suck. It's not like their H-scene upon loss is something really that awful or tragic... just... humiliating. LOL

i think i had about 20000 gold (not counting that i bought a few potions mindP's and such) ad i ddn't reall grind, i only beat all of the enemies in each room once, oh and btw do the gargoyles respawn? because i was wondering if there is a h-scene with them while your purity is low and yea r&b suck XD
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:22 am

Zero-
Okay, noted.
No, gargoyles were part of the early version so with regards to them as well as the beginning bandit and the maid, there are no Purity-specific deals with them. I'll probably go back and fix this one by one as I go along, but as I said before, I try not to go back and make patches devoted entirely to fixes, as I feel it's rather boring and interest-draining to do so.

Shadow-
Katzbalger?
Are you sure you have 0.06c and not 0.06? As far as 0.06c goes, you should absolutely be getting those unique items, at least one of them guaranteed.

Kuragari-
Yeah, I was thinking something of a trivia game as well for the clown--although, some of the more obscure references I meant to make as a contest as a way of actual 'interaction' and having control over what goes in the game via these forums and the like, which is what I did with Spectral and will probably continue to do as I plug in these random things.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Zero-
Okay, noted.
No, gargoyles were part of the early version so with regards to them as well as the beginning bandit and the maid, there are no Purity-specific deals with them. I'll probably go back and fix this one by one as I go along, but as I said before, I try not to go back and make patches devoted entirely to fixes, as I feel it's rather boring and interest-draining to do so..

just asking about it really, it is no problem at all (i just wanted to be sure i didn't miss something lol) and lol i got SB but not the other one (and i had 0:06 mind you) oh and i am the type to keep things in numbers (like i was always sure to keep 15 potions 10 highP's 15 mind P's 10 high mindP's 10 antidotes and 5 things of chloroform lol and i sold every weapon i didn't need) just so you know dood :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Zero-
Okay, noted.
No, gargoyles were part of the early version so with regards to them as well as the beginning bandit and the maid, there are no Purity-specific deals with them. I'll probably go back and fix this one by one as I go along, but as I said before, I try not to go back and make patches devoted entirely to fixes, as I feel it's rather boring and interest-draining to do so..

just asking about it really, it is no problem at all (i just wanted to be sure i didn't miss something lol) and lol i got SB but not the other one (and i had 0:06 mind you) oh and i am the type to keep things in numbers (like i was always sure to keep 15 potions 10 highP's 15 mind P's 10 high mindP's 10 antidotes and 5 things of chloroform lol and i sold every weapon i didn't need) just so you know dood :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 pm

12380 G, but I haven't actually finished exploring the slime room and I haven't gotten me characters up past level 6, really.

Speaking of having things in multiples, I don't ever roll with less than 10 antidotes and 30 ordinary potions.

I always liked being prepared on general principle, and then one day my ass freaking DIED in Legend of Queen Opala due to not having antidotes, and suffering the chip damage from poison.

Lolno. DAT SHIT AIN'T FLYING AGAIN.

So antidotes and pots have never been absent from my fictional characters' bags thereafter when I could afford 'em.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Fair enough.
Yeah, the slime room is a LOT of money if you sell what you find there!
In other news, I just got done with the Wolfram low-purity scene, and all in all I'm fairly impressed with it, if I must say so myself. X3
Now to work on the rest...
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 pm

o_o

Impressive even by YOUR high standards, sir?

Goddamn, I'm glad I'll have the pre-wolfram saves ready as SOON as the patch comes out, I'm pretty eager to see it after a description like that.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Well, it's a rather simple scene, relatively free of branching choices and all that, but I'm just rather pleased with how it was written and what not. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about it I like more than others. It might be the slight NTR aspect, which is probably my personal bias so... heh.

In other news, I've... sloooowly started redoing the CG's so that they'll at least go full-screen and look a little better (similar to the quality of all the stuff you've seen in 0.06 thus far). I've got... the turban bandit chaser in the Chambers done. LOL.

EDIT:
Also added a script that shows the remaining HP of each individual enemy when they take damage, which might help combat a little.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Sellsword2587 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Great stuff so far, KIT. Ver 0.06 has some great new additions. One thing I did notice, however, is that Thyme's Hex of Fire says that the enemy is on fire/burning, but there doesn't seem to be any effects for it. Is there supposed to be a fire DOT effect?

Also, any news on getting your Purity rating to appear in the Status menu? If not, I could give it a shot.
Sellsword2587

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Speaking of having things in multiples, I don't ever roll with less than 10 antidotes and 30 ordinary potions.

I always liked being prepared on general principle, and then one day my ass freaking DIED in Legend of Queen Opala due to not having antidotes, and suffering the chip damage from poison.

for me it was pokemon that started that about me XD damn yellow i hated that version XD
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Remaining HP script?

Bawss.

I had been kinda idly calculating their apparent HP in my head a while back, and while it does seem reliable enough, I know I'm off by a few numbers because I never actually took the time to factor in ALL the digits of the damage.

It'll be cool to see who has how much in fact, but like, Chambers guards have about 500 HP, Supervisor has about 600/650, Orpheus-mincedmeat guy has in about 1000 or 1300 HP or so, Plant boss has around 2000/2300, and the ballweed-high bandit has about 160/200, right?

I dunno the plants and definitely not the slimes, because not once in any playthrough have I ever laid a hostile hand on those. Would be like kickin' a puppy for being well trained, capable and obedient : O. (Insert Nebula-Thyme reference to hugging her excellent creations here XD). The Gargoyles I checked once but forgot, and the Silent Assassins are like ... uh ... 300/400ish, right? I haven't attacked any since like a month ago, but I was curious back then and did so.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:19 am

Haha, very close guesses! Drowsy Bandit had 250, Kalen had 1000, Assassins 500, Chambers chasers have 500, Supervisor 750 and the Plant Boss 1600. Gargoyles are kinda chumpy at 350, but that might change.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:40 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Haha, very close guesses! Drowsy Bandit had 250, Kalen had 1000, Assassins 500, Chambers chasers have 500, Supervisor 750 and the Plant Boss 1600. Gargoyles are kinda chumpy at 350, but that might change.

you should add a scan ability or a equip that lets you see HM and maybe MP, if you can :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 am

Mm, well, I think the bar that shows HP should do enough to give the player an idea of how close to death a baddie is. If I do ultimately add a 'scan' option, it'll likely be a skill exclusive to specific characters, or even a quest skill.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:28 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Mm, well, I think the bar that shows HP should do enough to give the player an idea of how close to death a baddie is. If I do ultimately add a 'scan' option, it'll likely be a skill exclusive to specific characters, or even a quest skill.

well thats why i said a equip as well but yea
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Akisohida » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 pm

It may be me but I get an error when I try to play this. 'RGSS202E.dll could not be found'.
Akisohida
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 am

Sellsword-
Yeah, Hex of Fire can cause Burning, which is a DOT effect similar to Poison; according to the database, it's functioning.
Nope, no progress on the Purity showing up in the status screen, as I was busy resizing a few pics and working on the revised Wolfram scene. If you could find a readily usable script for that, it would actually be amazing.

I've found a few but am not sure how to make them show a different Purity score based on the character that you have.
For example, one script I found can show Variable 1, or Variable 2... (which is Emilia's Purity and Rhiannon's Purity, respectively), but I don't know how to get it to show Variable 1 IF you're Emilia and Variable 2 IF you're Rhiannon, and so on.

Actually, in terms of pre-made RPGVX scripts, if there is anything you guys want to see and want to help me out a little by finding them (i.e. Googling 'RPGVX script to do so and so), just drop me the link and I'll check to see if it works or is generally compatible with the others--and if so, it'll go in!

I've just finished the 'personalizations' as well as the programming on the Wolfram revised low-Purity scene. Now, I'm working on expanding the Chambers... you heard it right, it's going to be even bigger.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 am

KITAmaru Wrote:I've just finished the 'personalizations' as well as the programming on the Wolfram revised low-Purity scene. Now, I'm working on expanding the Chambers... you heard it right, it's going to be even bigger.

OH i got a small idea (just something very small tho) do yo remeber where the line of peope are, you should add small CGI pics to the people in the stalls :3 like i said just a small thought, like eye candy
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:31 am

Moar Chambers is Moar better

: D

I'm almost finished prepping those save files for the Wolfram encounter... I'd have finished earlier but I figured I'd go back and leave a couple gargoyles untouched as well, for whenever their scene gets implemented.

Looking over some of the scenes as I continue to correct the various characters, I'm coming dangerously close to having to tick every box up there.

Emilia's 4bandits scene made me go ahead and click her name, and Sairyn's 3sailors scene is devillish close to making me take the same course of action with her name.

She seemed pretty "neutral" to me, in the past, but as the game goes on, she seems to be getting more defined in terms of personality and kinks.

Honestly, by the time the final release comes out, I'm probably going to end up voting for all of the characters.
Still though, I'll stubbornly wait for something to ACTUALLY push them over that threshold of "Fuck yeah, this chick is WAY FUCKING AWESOME" before I actually click on the box, instead of giving in and just pre-emptively clicking them all.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 am

Ah, did you mean in terms of your character votes?
Yeah, Sairyn is probably the least developed character overall I'd say, though hopefully some character-specific NPC's for her might provide a little more background. I'll also look to flesh her out a little more as the game continues.

Sorry, what was the deal with the Gargs again? I was going to put a low-Purity option there, right?

After this patch, which is obviously about rescuing (or not rescuing) you-know-who, I'll start to introduce the character-specific ones slowly, one-by-one, the same way I'm trying to show the various members of the Divisions such as the Trouble 5--at least they're on the table now, so if say, Concepta or Svetlana would show up, I'm sure the players will probably at least know a little bit about them.

All in all, I'm really glad that none of the characters are simply abysmal when it comes to popularity--each of them has their own set of appeal factor, and I'm quite tempted to compensate for some of the less popular ones by going into their backstories first / establishing additional fetish fuel.

In terms of the stables, well... see, I was thinking about establishing that; perhaps a scene or two there to tide people over, because it's such a cocktease for being there but not actually doing anything, especially when the twins and dominatrix already have at least two scenes each. Ultimately, I have big plans for it but currently need to learn just a little more to make it the way I want it.

As far as the girls ALREADY in the stalls, that's a great idea and I can definitely do that--just a sentence or two and a pic for 'eye candy' indeed.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner