Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh man, just tried to beat the boss with like a level 5 Cesca.

Things were going well, I had him down to like 1000 hp or 2500 hp or something.

I was all saying to myself, "MAN, THIS ISN'T SO HARD. XANRUD'S JOB AIN'T TO BE THE BOSS! IT'S CESCA'S JOB TO BE THE BOSS."

Then he KO'ed Gwyn and shortly thereafter

Cesca lawst her jawb because ah him : <
Lucky777

Postby Raio10 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:46 am

how low does your purity have to be to get that scene with the guy grabbing you at Wolfram? if anyone has a save near there with low enough purity could you i download it
Raio10

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 am

Wolfram bandit scene ain't implemented yet.

By the time it comes out, though, I'm hoping to have my pre-wolfram-cutscene saves all prepared, with the characters beautifully trained as usual, with 0/less than 0 purity.

If I do, I'll email 'em or sendspace 'em to ya or something. Just like ... hit me up with a PM to remind me to do that in a week or two.

ALL THINGS WORKING OUT WELL, IT WILL BE DONE.

If I can't deliver, I'll tell ya. XD

(Ain't gonna lie, a large part of the fun is training them yourself, just like in Slave Maker, but hey, if you're a busy/lazy man, that's okay by me.)

: D

(Oh, also, for future reference in case you didn't notice the talks about it earlier in the thread:

Requirements for purity will probably never actually be less than 0, because 0 is officially the lowest you can get it to go. The negative numbers are just a temporary thing until Kita finds a fix that actually shows them as 0.)
Lucky777

Postby Kuragari » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 am

A thought has occured to me...if you have a low enough purity, you should be able to service the bandit in the Wolfram scene. That could be interesting.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:19 am

Good ol' Kita's miles ahead of you, my friend. : D
Lucky777

Postby Shyao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 am

Could we get a list of what events/scenes lower purity and which ones raise it?
Shyao
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 am

LOL Lucky.
And yeah Kuragari, I'm sure you might not have caught it due to the WALLSOFTEXT that came after the most recent update, but I made a post about it and am actually working on the Wolfram low-purity scene right now; about 75% done!

Okay, is anyone else experiencing troubles actually getting the Swordbreaker dagger as a drop (UPON BEATING XANRUD--remember, you have to defeat him)? It's supposed to be 100%.

I've heard about two reports from people who supposedly didn't get it, but did you check your inventories afterwards? 'Cause so far... I've tested it with Lanie, Thyme, Cesca and Emilia, and have gotten it every single time.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Milten » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 am

Kuragari Wrote:A thought has occured to me...if you have a low enough purity, you should be able to service the bandit in the Wolfram scene. That could be interesting.

Haven't you tired from bandits? I know it's a bandit dungeon, but KITAmaru could spend his time on something more interesting.
Milten

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 am

Well, I'm definitely doing it this time because someone brought up the good point that it provides a sort of measure as to where your character lies on the Purity scale, so I think it definitely has a function.

That being said, I'm not planning to stay in the Rogues' Division area of the Labyrinth for more than maybe... the next 3 patches or so. Might see some more soldiers, monks, maybe even mages. Definitely will see some more monsters due to popular demand. We'll see.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby dellindis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 am

is it supposed to be that emilia cant use xanrud's weapons
dellindis
Newly Registered

Postby SpectralTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 am

I went back and noted that I did indeed get the drop. Apologies for the inconvenience.
SpectralTime

Postby Kuragari » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Milten Wrote:
Kuragari Wrote:A thought has occured to me...if you have a low enough purity, you should be able to service the bandit in the Wolfram scene. That could be interesting.

Haven't you tired from bandits? I know it's a bandit dungeon, but KITAmaru could spend his time on something more interesting.

Actually, I consider the bandits to be part of the generic human enemies list, like low level soldiers/guards and apprentice mages and such. Plus, to get tired of them, one would have to do their scenes over and over again, and now, thanks to the bath tub, I don't have to go through them to lower purity.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Shyao Wrote:Could we get a list of what events/scenes lower purity and which ones raise it?

Thus far, I think only the second Twins scene and the "Shower - Cleanse Filth" option raise it.

I don't know about what happens when you get a half-scene with the duellist before Xanrud sort of spoils the party, but later on, all "emotional/caring/clingy" scenes are supposed to raise purity a bit.
I think you can avoid MOST of those just by being low purity enough in the first place, but probably not ALL. For example, the Twins' purity-raising scene appears regardless.
Also note: even though it's skilled, gentle and considerate enough to make our resident high-purity paladin player enjoy indulging in it for a while, and even though you're totally gonna get an option to take one home ( XD ) the Slime does nonetheless lower purity.

Also, where did you get that avatar from, Ma'am?

It's fucking DELICIOUS.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Aw shit, I'm an idiot. I forgot to change the settings for Xanrud's weapon so it can actually be equipped by the characters... Oh well... I'll have to fix that next patch or something. But you guys know me, I don't really like releasing a patch without at least 1 or 2 extra H-scenes as incentive to actually download the damn thing (unless you are that eager to try out Xanrud's weapons that you fought so hard to earn!).
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Chocolatnave » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Some of the characters are really overpowered, you can plow through all the areas in the current version in about 15 mins. But yeah, can't wait for the next release!
Chocolatnave

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Aw shit, I'm an idiot. I forgot to change the settings for Xanrud's weapon so it can actually be equipped by the characters... Oh well... I'll have to fix that next patch or something. But you guys know me, I don't really like releasing a patch without at least 1 or 2 extra H-scenes as incentive to actually download the damn thing (unless you are that eager to try out Xanrud's weapons that you fought so hard to earn!).

i say wait for the update, i rather wait so i can use it to bust some skulls when i ca >:D muhahahaha
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Heh, okay. In other news, how much gold did people have at the end of the 0.06 demo?
I'm trying to figure out prices for the new weapons.
I also shoulda made Red and Blue way stronger than they are, since damn, they suck. It's not like their H-scene upon loss is something really that awful or tragic... just... humiliating. LOL
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Chocolatnave » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 pm

I had like 20k of gold at the end
Chocolatnave

Postby Kuragari » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:18 am

Actually, I was wondering something. I know we have that most if not all the characters goals so far are the destruction of the Syndicate (Because thats what'll happen whether or not thats their goal :P) and that theres the future possibility of joining the Syndicate (yay evil side ending!) But I was wondering...will there be a character who wishes to take more of a middle, grey path? Perhaps someone who see's the power that Redclaw possesses over the Kingdom, and realizes that power can be put to a better use? To make him somewhat morally grey, he only cares about his kingdom, and has no qualms about about conducting illegal and immoral acts against the people of other kingdoms.

Just wondering, because I figured it'd be neat and different from most RPG's to have a greyish character of sorts in the game as a playable.

EDIT:Also, two things. First, remember the clown? I actually came up with something interesting, that could relate to the extra in-game information you added in with regards to the bookcases and such. Have him challenge the character to a Despair Labyrinth Trivia game, and if you win, you get a special item, and if you lose he rapes you.

Also, a fun little thing to do at the end of each demo. Have the clown teleport into the room, charge you, and shout something werid/funny/stupid. Example: You enter the room, and hear a voice say "Congrats on finishing the demo...now its time for..." clown appears, charges you, and yells "SUPRISE BUTT SEX!!" Or something like that xD

EDIT2: Usually around 20000 I think.
Kuragari

Postby ShadowFax » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 am

Playing as Asella, I did not receive a dagger. I got the sword that's "K" something. "Kabuki... Karrika... something like that, but not a swordbreaker.
ShadowFax

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner