Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06C (9/22/

Postby ShadowFax » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:50 am

xD Obviously we don't expect mountains to be moved. I'm perfectly happy with every bit that's been done so far and I'm sure I'll be happy with what you release over the course of the next release and the release after that. You ARE da man KITA, and I certainly don't mean to be throwing more work on your shoulders because 'once it stops being fun it stops getting done' xD go at your own pace... and if we have to remove the game overs :P find a place for those cg's xD
ShadowFax

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 am

No bigs. Actually, right now I've found a way to be productive in-game by modifying the Wolfram scene, where if your Purity is low enough, you can willingly engage in sexual activity with the bandit while Wolfram watches in disgust--after all, it's not rape per se in that case.

Also added resistance scenes for the other 4 characters; not promising they're necessarily as badass as Asella or Rhiannon's, but they're at least modified just enough to where the girl won't simply put up with the whole breast-grabbing thing. From 60 purity down to 40 (with the exception of Thyme), will be the 'flinch as breast is grabbed but not do anything' option, and from below 40 and down will be the 'willing to do stuff with him and piss Wolfram off' one.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 am

KITAmaru Wrote:No bigs. Actually, right now I've found a way to be productive in-game by modifying the Wolfram scene, where if your Purity is low enough, you can willingly engage in sexual activity with the bandit while Wolfram watches in disgust--after all, it's not rape per se in that case.

Also added resistance scenes for the other 4 characters; not promising they're necessarily as badass as Asella or Rhiannon's, but they're at least modified just enough to where the girl won't simply put up with the whole breast-grabbing thing. From 60 purity down to 40 (with the exception of Thyme), will be the 'flinch as breast is grabbed but not do anything' option, and from below 40 and down will be the 'willing to do stuff with him and piss Wolfram off' one.

lol just to piss wolfram off XD
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 am

Naw, it's one of the many steps I'm taking to further allow the player to feel as if their Purity is actually going down. I'll eventually do it for most, if not all, of the storyline-related events where you are given the chance to resist bandits, but obviously this isn't an overnight fix, so yeah.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 am

btw KITA if you didn't notest i sent ya a PM with the thing you needed help with :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby dellindis » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:41 pm

hey first time posting just wondering is the second scene with the twins supposed to get your purity higher?
dellindis
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 pm

And now that I've tried it with a fresh Irine as opposed to a continued file, posting to bug-confirm that the first bandit, the one after the maid and before the item shop, can indeed not be blown by Irine just yet, despite her ability to deal with the bed bandits.
Lucky777

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:49 pm

An interesting idea I came up with. How about an Illusion room. Where the character relives a part of their past, only its been a bit altered. Two examples would be one for Irine and one for Cesca. These involve 1 or 2 H-Scenes, the first of which can be ignored or accepted, and the 2nd is a give in which can cause you to go down the Syndicate path.

-Irine relives the day she goes and confesses in the church. The difference is that the priest decides to take advantage of her by offering her the chance to fufill her lusts. If you accept, Irine gives the priest a BJ and then he fucks her (and enjoys it, since her dominant personality in the illusion is her past self before her vows). After that scene, two Syndicate guys come into the church to have a meeting with the priest, only to find the two in the confession booth. The Priest asks you to join the Syndicate (by willinglly serving the two Syndicate guys) and offers you both "Power and satisfaction for your lusts". Accepting gets you the 2nd scene and puts you on the syndicate path, while rejecting cancels the illusion.

-For Cesca, she goes back to the day she stole that chalice. This time, she gets tripped up by something (which exposes some of her body) and the guard manages to catch her. Angry at the potential loss of his job, and seeing the oppurtunity in the position she's in, he rapes her twice before taking her to the dungeon, where the captain of the guard (who is a syndicate member) recognizes her name and knows her reputation, gives her a chance to join the syndicate and become wealthly. But first, she has to show her loyalty by servicing him.
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:33 pm

dellindis-
So you noticed! LOL... In the future I'm trying to get stuff that's conducive to the possibility of a relationship / attachment to raise Purity, ultimately.
Thanks for posting.

Lucky-
Yup, I double checked the other night and it looks as though I kept Irine's settings with the first sleeping bandit on default, so that she can't give him a BJ. I'll fix that next patch.

Kuragari-
Pretty neat, creative idea. Though, I think this is something I won't be able to implement until way further down the line, where we're able to play with the Arcane Division and witness some of their tricks (and don't worry, if you think it's JUST Nebula leading them, that's... silly). I think any good idea is almost suitable for this game provided it's in context. It's also fuel for a great change of pace / environment.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:07 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Kuragari-
Pretty neat, creative idea. Though, I think this is something I won't be able to implement until way further down the line, where we're able to play with the Arcane Division and witness some of their tricks (and don't worry, if you think it's JUST Nebula leading them, that's... silly). I think any good idea is almost suitable for this game provided it's in context. It's also fuel for a great change of pace / environment.

yea i liked Kuragai's idea as well, a chance to see the past of the char you are playing, i can see it happning like almost before the half way point at most or one quarter the way in maybe
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Zodiark69 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 pm

dellindis Wrote:hey first time posting just wondering is the second scene with the twins supposed to get your purity higher?

I've noticed that myself, and I thought to myself "Meh... Does it really matter at this point?" Honestly, it doesn't really affect much in terms of the story, so you could ignore that it does raise Purity... which is kind of weird.
Zodiark69

Postby blockmongo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:51 pm

I'd like to say thank you for your game, it's quite enticing and I've spent some time on it already :)

I do have a small request though, and it's mainly about your first post in this thread. I love that you update the first post with the new version and what's been done, but.. is there any chance you could separate the changelog into versions? I mean, there's no way for me to know what the difference is between 0.05 and 0.06 unless I remember each thing from the old one and compare it to the changelog.

Something like:

0.06c:
fixed x
added y
0.05b:
added 8 new scenes
270 pictures
new corridors
new rooms
blockmongo
Newly Registered

Postby WindKnight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I'd like to report a bug for one, as someone who has worked in RMVX.

After leaving the Slime Cave the dripping sounds persist, to fix this you need to make any areas (maps) connecting to this room have an "Auto-Change BGS" of "(None)" with the box checked, this resets the background sounds. Since there's only one exit, you only need to do this to the hallway leaving the cave for now.

I'd also like to ask: How did you get F8 to toggle textboxes, and could this be adapted to toggle other things?
WindKnight
Newly Registered

Postby Shyao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:15 pm

So, I just downloaded this for the first time and this game is really cool! I especially love all the images made for every single sequence, it's very nice. One thing I have been wondering is how do I make Emilia do the scene with the sleeping bandit near the shops in the beginning? I've lost every fight I'd be allowed to an continue, been with the maid once, and seduced the pikeman, but I still can't do anything with the sleeping bandit. What conditions do I have to meet for that scene?
Shyao
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 pm

LOL... well, as I've explained before, a lower Purity tends to indicate a disassociation of emotional attachment from sex, so someone with it at the lowest level may generally put out to anyone, at anytime, and not feel a thing afterwards. Though I realize the irony of needing a lower Purity to even be with the twins to start off, as you get more 'attached' to them (wanting to take them home, etc.) your Purity will actually go up due to the emotional connection that can form as a result. Not saying that it can't happen with some random ugly thug, but those guys tend to be in it for pleasure and self-satisfaction almost exclusively, whereas the twins are closer to lost puppies.

Honestly, the best way to raise or lower Purity as needed right now is to use the bath in the Barracks.

And for the next patch, I would recommend low-Purity players to make a save right before the Wolfram cutscene, due to revisions in progress.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm

WindKnight Wrote:I'd like to report a bug for one, as someone who has worked in RMVX.

After leaving the Slime Cave the dripping sounds persist, to fix this you need to make any areas (maps) connecting to this room have an "Auto-Change BGS" of "(None)" with the box checked, this resets the background sounds. Since there's only one exit, you only need to do this to the hallway leaving the cave for now.

I'd also like to ask: How did you get F8 to toggle textboxes, and could this be adapted to toggle other things?

really? when i there i neer got that glich, your just lucky then lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 pm

...Oh man, I forgot to make a pre-wolfram save. TOTALLY DOING THAT SHIT BEFORE NEXT UPDATE.

Shyao Wrote:So, I just downloaded this for the first time and this game is really cool! I especially love all the images made for every single sequence, it's very nice. One thing I have been wondering is how do I make Emilia do the scene with the sleeping bandit near the shops in the beginning? I've lost every fight I'd be allowed to an continue, been with the maid once, and seduced the pikeman, but I still can't do anything with the sleeping bandit. What conditions do I have to meet for that scene?

Cherish the Silent Assassins, for they are your best friends. Them and the associated Chambers grinding, but note that the second twins sequence totally RAISES purity : O

The way I handle it, personally, is to save some bandits for after the twins. If you hold shift to run, they almost CAN'T catch you unless you let 'em, so management is easy.

Works like a charm.
Lucky777

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:...Oh man, I forgot to make a pre-wolfram save. TOTALLY DOING THAT SHIT BEFORE NEXT UPDATE.

Shyao Wrote:So, I just downloaded this for the first time and this game is really cool! I especially love all the images made for every single sequence, it's very nice. One thing I have been wondering is how do I make Emilia do the scene with the sleeping bandit near the shops in the beginning? I've lost every fight I'd be allowed to an continue, been with the maid once, and seduced the pikeman, but I still can't do anything with the sleeping bandit. What conditions do I have to meet for that scene?

Cherish the Silent Assassins, for they are your best friends. Them and the associated Chambers grinding, but note that the second twins sequence totally RAISES purity : O

The way I handle it, personally, is to save some bandits for after the twins. If you hold shift to run, they almost CAN'T catch you unless you let 'em, so management is easy.

Works like a charm.

O_O i didn't know you can run XD wish i knew that, the slimes are good as well lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:05 pm

WindKnight-
Yep, I noticed. The dripping sound from the Syndicate Grow-Op will persist as you enter the Crossroads AND the Slime Room, but disappear if you take the north exit into Kalen's Checkpoint or the south one into the Syndicate Bar. I originally did it this way since I didn't exactly know where it was coming from (was right clicking maps like mad, lol); I'll make it stop as soon as you exit the Grow-Op for next patch. Thanks for pointing that out.

The F8 to toggle textbox option is from a pre-made script I found on the VX forums, or something like that. I'm not sure if it can be applied to anything else, such as pictures and whatnot.

blockmongo-
That's actually a decent idea; unfortunately I don't think I even have all of those saved, foolish of me... But I'll do that from here on out, if that helps any.

Shyao-
Yeah, you'll need an exceptionally low Purity to please the sleeping bandit. I understand that Purity required to seduce the pikeman is much higher, but that's also because it was in an early part of the game and I was merely looking to provide an example of the options that low Purity can unlock. I'll be adjusting that in the future, too; let's say that around... 50, tends to be the threshold for willingly engaging in sexual acts with complete strangers, more or less.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:06 pm

XD

Maybe a minor "CONTROLS" section would help.

I forget how the fuck I found out myself, but I was like AWWW YEAAAH when I did. (Edit: Actually, I think it MIGHT have been in Ker's "Harem." Maybe. Or in its thread.)

So much time saved.

So much control gained.

That was what made it possible for me to grind up like 2 characters in the time one previously took, or so, and that facilitated me playing all the characters in the game.

Good times.

EDIT:

Oh, also, Kuragari's illusion idea sounds bawss as fuck. And if one is already on the syndicate path, it could be used as a sort of a virtual reality relaxation room, for re-living the corrected versions of one's youthful experiences.
(I mean sure, one ain't gonna need virtual reality when actual reality is so much better, but still. It could be a fun thing for them to do out of idleness or curiosity.)
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner