Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.05B (9/6/1

Postby ShadowFax » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:41 am

What's KITA?
ShadowFax

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 am

ShadowFax Wrote:What's KITA?

more like who, it's KITAmaru, i'm just lazy XD and say kita in caps like his name :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby ShadowFax » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Oho, gotcha.

Well, eagerly (but patiently) awaiting the next release.
ShadowFax

Postby SamusRaper » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 pm

I was wondering if in the future there will be foot fetish/tickling and interracial scenes. I'd love to see a group of black guys have their way with these chicks.
SamusRaper

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Should be out sometime tonight. I'm pretty much just squashing bugs at this point.
I definitely plan to release a footjob scene within the next patch or two. As far as interracial goes... well, there doesn't seem to be many mods for just a straight-up black guy (or even a black guy-sized penis), which is really quite strange in my opinion. However, if it's just the principle, then it's only a matter of finding a black guy's portrait to use in VX and then applying it there--but of course, I'd want it to stay relatively close to the default artstyle for consistency's sake.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Can you use black or grey shading?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:49 pm

I can use black or grey shading for the guy himself, most likely (haven't tried it in pose mode yet, but I don't see why it shouldn't work), but not his wang, lol.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 pm

okay so here's what i'm hearing
1 you can use black or grey for the sprite in the grid field
2 you most likely *something here*(given the information placed in the missplaced parentheses you might be able to in pose mood)
3 But not his dick... in pose mode.

Pose mood... such a weird phase. Also shouldn't it be Pose-mood? Ya this is what happens when my brain gets over loaded with drilling for a spelling test.
BlueLight

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.06 (9/22/1

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Pose Mode is the mode in 3DCG that I use to make all the positions and H-scenes you see in the game. In the other parts of the game, you can change the male character's color, I just wasn't 100% sure you could in Pose Mode.
And no, you can't change the color of his dick; you need a hard mod to do that, and I have no experience in making those (not many people do, iirc).
A spelling test...? Interesting...

Also, 0.06 is out.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 pm

: D

Classes have started for me too, so I don't guarantee getting a chance to look into all the characters' scenarios tonight, but I'mma look into 'em all for sure eventually.

Depending on when I finish, I'll either edit this post with reactions or post 'em later.

IRINE SECTION:
I ... don't think the first sleeping bandit, by the item store, is suckable with Irine. Had her purity at my usual good low amount, there, but she didn't seem to have the option. Maybe I was missing something, I'll try it again to be sure.
Yeah. Definitely ain't suckable on the transferred save file, at least.

ASELLA SECTION:
I don't know if it's because of the fact that I transferred save files this time, or if it's an intentional gameplay choice, but Asella with her guard buff on often doesn't take ANY damage at all from attacks that didn't miss, during that fight which is temporarily a game-over fight.

LANIE SECTION:
Her second scene with the twins is one of my favourites. Gotta love that up-front eagerness.

THYME SECTION:
...Again, I don't know if it's because I carried over save files this time, but in one of the lines of Thyme-Supervisor dialogue upon win, EMILIA'S portrait is the one that appears. : O

Loving the CG for Red and Blue with Thyme too. Fuck yeargh thongs.

Oh god, Thyme's dialogue with the twins is pushing her way back to the top of my favourites list. I'mma just have to see what Rhiannon's playthrough is like, and then I'll call it George.

RHIANNON SECTION:
LOVING her tough talk, as usual. Also, goddamn. Whirlwind slice has extremely kickass damage, but it looks like a high-tier sandstorm spell or something. XD

And yep, Thyme is officially my favourite again. Gonna be interesting to see who finally wins that place, at the end of the finished product, if it ain't an even tie.

GENERAL SECTION:
Xanrud looks like a fag in battle, but his attitude and strength make him incredibly fucking badass
KITAmaru Wrote:Haha, kinda what I was going for, I guess.

Ain't gonna lie, I'd actually like it better if his appearance in battle looked a bit more like his portrait picture. Dat awesome beard helps his masculine appearance a LOT.

Also, actually, it's a pretty cool touch that the animation for the spinning back elbow looks the same whoever uses it. XD

I rather like Adele and Concepta, but all I can say is that if THIS is the syndicate's arcane division, and its HEAD is a student, then it's no wonder that their magically created guards are falling like flies, and to the efforts of level one intruders to boot.

I had just gone through it once before, but after going through the Wolfram cutscene a few more times, I can only hope there's a chance to gut/imprison the guy on the alternate path. Keeping your subordinates from the best part of joining the organisation in the first place just CANNOT fly. Hell, I'd rather go with the gutting/sacrifice to summon monsters option, because charismatic peeps like him can always get someone to break them out of their chains.

I enjoy the femdom PC on Slavemistress scene quite a bit. And I'm not gonna lie: The slavemistress takes the whole Markis thing SO FUCKING HARD that I actually felt kinda sorry for her.
Still, she shouldn't have held out on him.
So...
Good shit.

Wokay. Played through with 'em all. All in all, a great update as usual. Thanks for your work, sir.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:42 am, edited 21 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 am

Haha, kinda what I was going for, I guess. And don't worry, I'm not expecting you to go through with EVERY SINGLE CHARARACTER, but feedback on the new NPC's would be great!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 am

ACK XD i didn't know 0.06 is out *goes off to download* i was making dinner for myself^^|| XD
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby SpectralTime » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:21 am

Playing as Sairyn now. I don't really expect you to've implemented the special bit already, but hey.

I'm loving the buff you gave her: she's great now. Just the kind of fragile hurricane of damage I always wanted. Good show.

Slight glitch. When I go through the Wolfram scene (which I like better revised), the room is stuck in its post-scene state. I think this is because I left and reentered the room without triggering it.

Not sure if I feel guilty about whacking that room full of drunken Syndicate dudes. On the one hand, cold. On the other, so's keeping a massive labrynthine fortress full of brainwashed kidnapped sex slaves, and, hey, free XP.

Oh, hey! The plot! Heh... silly hench-witches. ...I'm going to have to fight them five on one before too long, aren't I? Curses! Quick, think! Which one's the healer/buffer?

So... infinite purity/corruption? Niiiiice... Also, bath. Hee.

Pffffft... "That's what Leeroy gets for rushing in!" :D

Party member! Yesssssss...

Huh... backstory. I didn't know she had a rival... this is interesting.

Okay, okay, I get it. You're a badass, Xanrud. STOP NO SELLING MY MOVES!

I give up... F12. I'm looking around a little more first. Also, geez, if I HAD taken that lesbian sex scene, would they have just been standing there, watching, for most of it?

Nothing... Maybe if I just punch him, and don't worry about my super moves? ...Is the heal on Meditate any good?

Wish I could control Gwen, make her take on Potion duty.

...How can I tell her body's warm through all that plate armor?

I wish, WISH this douche didn't no sell my every special attack. Heaven and Earth Throw's silence/damage buff would be SUPER nice here. I DON'T MEAN TO IMPLY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Great Scott, I think he's out of MP! The day is mine! ...Because he killed Gwen. Then I used a sprout an a high potion. And he killed her again.

That took FOREVER. I don't feel this was good boss design, FORCING the player to slowly, painstakingly grind him down like that.

So the fight meant nothing, and now there's another. Charming. At least these chumps go down like THAT.

And, that's that. Not sure how to feel about him. Will post more after going through with Thyme.
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:57 am

Yep, not to mention Sairyn can dual-wield now, which I believe makes sense, since each knuckle weapon doesn't come in 'pairs', after all.
Ah, right; bug noted. I didn't actually take people entering and then leaving the room into account, mistakenly assuming that they'd actually just walk forward, so I made the 'Wolfram Scene End' trigger on entering one of the two doors. I'll likely fix that tonight and have a 0.06B sometime tomorrow; it shouldn't be TOO difficult to find a way to fix that.

EDIT:
Fixed in my version. Damn, all that took was two clicks. Shoulda done that before the release, but oh well.

Regarding the Barracks: Hahaha, yes, free XP, or an H-scene if you're the low-Purity type.

As for the girls that I like to call the 'Trouble 5', well... you'll have to wait and see. :P

Infinite Purity / Corruption: Yes. I was originally going to put a timer on the bath, but I think it'd ultimately be more annoying than anything else, so for now, you can take a bath / masturbate in that area as much as you need to adjust Purity.

Gwyn was actually supposed to have considerably lighter armor, but I just couldn't find a combination that I felt comfortable with or that matched her sprite (yeah, I realize it's easier to adjust a sprite than a 3DCG model...), so yeah. And hey, you just make her hot and heavy!

Defeating Xanrud is definitely possible, but I never said it was going to be EASY, per se. XD Originally he was supposed to be an unbeatable boss (like, takes 1 from you and deals assloads of damage in return), but seeing as you're most likely going to fight him for real sometime down the road, I decided to also include a condition that'd trigger upon you beating him, which I really like since it further illustrates that he's the consummate rogue who rarely fails to find a trick up his sleeve. Those who do succeed might find themselves with a unique piece of equipment.

I'll probably adjust him as needed in the future, but keep in mind he's not really a boss you're SUPPOSED to win against. You're actually meant to lose! Winning is more of a 'challenge' to some players.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Raio10 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:59 am

Awesome work with ver 0.06 please keep the updates coming as this is an extremely good game.
Raio10

Postby BlueLight » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 am

KITAmaru Wrote:A spelling test...? Interesting...

ya that phrase in context with me reminds me of the term Military intelligence.
BlueLight

Postby SpectralTime » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Yep, not to mention Sairyn can dual-wield now, which I believe makes sense, since each knuckle weapon doesn't come in 'pairs', after all.

I noticed that too. It was part of her buff.

Regarding the Barracks: Hahaha, yes, free XP, or an H-scene if you're the low-Purity type.

Eh, mad Neutral Good roleplayer that I am, I'm probably just taking this too seriously.

As for the girls that I like to call the 'Trouble 5', well... you'll have to wait and see. :P

Dun dun duuuuuuuun!

Gwyn was actually supposed to have considerably lighter armor, but I just couldn't find a combination that I felt comfortable with or that matched her sprite (yeah, I realize it's easier to adjust a sprite than a 3DCG model...), so yeah. And hey, you just make her hot and heavy!

Badump-pish! :lol:

It didn't bother me too much. Just thought it was funny. I LIKE women in heavy armor.

Defeating Xanrud is definitely possible, but I never said it was going to be EASY, per se. XD Originally he was supposed to be an unbeatable boss (like, takes 1 from you and deals assloads of damage in return), but seeing as you're most likely going to fight him for real sometime down the road, I decided to also include a condition that'd trigger upon you beating him, which I really like since it further illustrates that he's the consummate rogue who rarely fails to find a trick up his sleeve. Those who do succeed might find themselves with a unique piece of equipment.

I'll probably adjust him as needed in the future, but keep in mind he's not really a boss you're SUPPOSED to win against. You're actually meant to lose! Winning is more of a 'challenge' to some players.

...I wish I had known that at the time. Nuts.

...And I didn't even GET any nice items out of the deal. Double nuts.

I hope it was meant to make me hate him, because I sure do now. Hope you fight him over a tank full of piranhas/naked horny women, and when you kill him he gets chewed/screwed to death long and painful.

Also, does Thyme have nipple rings, or just cel-shading?
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 am

Well, yeah, since he drops the unique dagger at a 100% rate and his unique sword at a 50% one; they're both his personal weapons, so nothing Sairyn can use, until a monk boss comes along anyway.

Yes, he's supposed to be something of a polarizing figure; most are supposed to hate him, while some Syndicate / rogue supporters might like his attitude.

Thyme DOES have nipple rings! Thanks for noticing.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SpectralTime » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 am

Seriously? I didn't notice the dagger... aw, well.

I've played rogues before. He was more of an... evil swashbuckler. Which, I suppose, is half-way between a rogue and a fighter, so fair enough.

...Not sure how to feel about that.

Thyme is ROCKIN' those dominatrix digs. Hee hee... "Been a while."

Wonder what Irine looks like in them... mmmmmmm... I normally play her pure as snow, but seeing her in those digs just might make it all worth it.

Also, whenever there's a sex scene in the chambers, I end up surrounded on all sides by mooks. I can usually run clear, but it IS a little annoying. Can you freeze them when people are talking?
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 am

Well, if you didn't get it from beating him, must be a weird in-game glitch 'cause when I look at the database, the Swordbreaker is a 1/1 drop ratio.
True, he's not really the standard fantasy definition of a rogue in terms of fighting style, but I think he suits it well in spirit.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner