Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.05B (9/6/1

Postby Milten » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:13 am

ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:i didn't get stuck XD but i will say that the assassins seem a bit too hard (unless you do like me and pound everyone of them to the ground XD) for someone that does't kno their way, maybe add a sign to help someone (like "this way to the bar" or something) out and i wasn't stuck at the plant part as well :D oh andif you need help beta testing i am willing to help, idk about designing games (if i do i would help with that as well) but i would help with beta testing :D i am good at finding gliches XD (mostly accdently of course) and maybe i could help with char stuff and scrips stuff as well^,..,^

Nah, no need to nerf them. They aren't that strong and if you want you can easily escape from them. I don't understand why don't people just follow right/left wall until they reach exit.
Milten

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:04 am

Milten Wrote:
ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:i didn't get stuck XD but i will say that the assassins seem a bit too hard (unless you do like me and pound everyone of them to the ground XD) for someone that does't kno their way, maybe add a sign to help someone (like "this way to the bar" or something) out and i wasn't stuck at the plant part as well :D oh andif you need help beta testing i am willing to help, idk about designing games (if i do i would help with that as well) but i would help with beta testing :D i am good at finding gliches XD (mostly accdently of course) and maybe i could help with char stuff and scrips stuff as well^,..,^

Nah, no need to nerf them. They aren't that strong and if you want you can easily escape from them. I don't understand why don't people just follow right/left wall until they reach exit.

well i am thinking of alot of people ae having problems with them then to do something about them, and i will say one prob i had about them is i didn't know they could poison XD maybe have a chest with a antidote so you know "oh i must need antidotes coming up" thats the only prob i had (i thought the plants or the oger boss would poison as well XD) and i think it's because they want to explore and then get traped by them
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby zephyr » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm

This game looks really well done, does anyone know how to get RPG maker to work, i've downloaded RGSS but still am unable to run .rar files.
zephyr

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Mm, the .rar file is actually a compressed version of the game's self-extracting program. It needs WinRAR to open;
http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

I'd recommend picking up WinRAR anyway, since it's really handy for decompressing all .rar types that you might download in the future.
After you extract the .exe file from its .rar format, it should be called something like... DLaby0.05B.exe. Double-click on that and it'll self-extract into its own folder and then click on the 'Game' part that looks like a chess piece. If you have a really sensitive anti-virus, it might automatically delete the DLaby0.05B.exe (and will do the same for pretty much all RPG Maker games), so if you find that it isn't there, just temporarily change the AV settings until the thing finishes extracting.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Sellsword2587 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Balance-wise, I think the game is pretty spot on. Your character is earning enough gold per fight to be able to buy plenty of potions, and they are leveling up quick enough to learn new abilities at a decent pace (at least for testing anyhow. For the actual release, I would tone the XP gain back maybe 10-25%). I did notice that some enemies hit rather hard regardless of what armor your wearing (especially when playing Ascella), but it wasn't overtly difficult. Like I said, pretty balance considering it's only in testing. Besides, I'm sure most players are just submitting most fights anyhow haha.
Sellsword2587

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Hum, in the older versions I swear I had the assassins drop Antidotes, but I guess that was changed for some reason... well, I'm definitely going to just make that minor tweak now.

In the future I'll also look to make some additional 'restore points' or inns, such as the fountain at the garden, so that you aren't solely living off of potions.
Maybe that says something about the average defense of the armor, or rather, the discrepancies between robe-type armors and heavy ones. I'll look into it!
Last edited by KITAmaru on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Hum, in the older versions I swear I had the assassins drop Antidotes, but I guess that was changed for some reason... well, I'm definitely going to just make that minor tweak now.

In the future I'll also look to make some 'restore points' or inns, such as the fountain at the garden, so that you aren't solely living off of potions.
Maybe that says something about the average defense of the armor, or rather, the discrepancies between robe-type armors and heavy ones. I'll look into it!

well i never got them, but i mean before hand, like the pokemon games, when you get to a point that poison pokemon come out then they you can find a antidote before running into the poisons and yay inns lol :D
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby coy47 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Yeah I can't remember the antodiotes in either I just bought some thinking that I would probably need some. Anyway great game but bring forth 0.06 I am looking forward to it!
coy47

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:15 am

Alright, all of those are fixed. Added doorways and what not to better hint the player in terms of where to go. Did a bunch of grammar tweaks and scene adjustments. GUH... STILL MORE WORK TO DO. I know I said it'd probably be tonight but I'm going to have to postpone the update for a few more days, due to a few adjustments proposed by testers that I feel are absolutely necessary.

I apologize for the delay, but please understand that I've been more than punctual when it comes to previous updates and do not feel like giving you guys an incomplete product, which I have on several occasions with 0.3 (and 0.5 in a way, due to the whole plant confusion thing). Hang in there.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 am

don't worry KITA i am sure we all would rather have to wait for a good game rather then it being rushed and piss more people off XD
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey mang, that's why you have testers : D

As long as we know you haven't died or abandoned the project, I'm pretty sure we're universally happy to wait for a quality product.

Thanks for the update on its status, bro.
Lucky777

Postby Jaronsan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:17 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Alright, all of those are fixed. Added doorways and what not to better hint the player in terms of where to go. Did a bunch of grammar tweaks and scene adjustments. GUH... STILL MORE WORK TO DO. I know I said it'd probably be tonight but I'm going to have to postpone the update for a few more days, due to a few adjustments proposed by testers that I feel are absolutely necessary.

I apologize for the delay, but please understand that I've been more than punctual when it comes to previous updates and do not feel like giving you guys an incomplete product, which I have on several occasions with 0.3 (and 0.5 in a way, due to the whole plant confusion thing). Hang in there.

That's all good. I just think it's great that you're giving us regular status updates.
Jaronsan
Newly Registered

Postby coy47 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
As long as we know you haven't died or abandoned the project, I'm pretty sure we're universally happy to wait for a quality product.

And on this forum a person who sticks with a project is pretty much like a god.
coy47

Postby BlueLight » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:03 pm

What we would? *Quickly takes off his "Rushing games since 2011" arm band*
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Heh, yeah. I also meant to find some scripts for battlebacks and perhaps a way to put Purity in the status bar, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen this patch. That being said, you guys are also getting about 6 new H-scenes for this one; I'm currently in the midst of writing #5 and #6, and the CG's are all done. If you guys see any other bugs in 0.5 that really bother you or can be fatal to the game, please let me know ASAP so I can squeeze in the bugfixes before the release.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Sakome » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 am

Not sure how you have time in between classes, that's quite a feat
Sakome

Postby KPD27 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 am

Small issue I just discovered: The Katzbalger doesn't have an attack animation.
KPD27

Postby ShadowFax » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:33 am

Never underestimate the power and pull of your free time when your enjoying what your doing xD
ShadowFax

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Indeed. If this wasn't fun to some extent, I honestly wouldn't be doing it! Besides, classes have JUST started, so it's not too terrible just yet.
KPD, THANK YOU! Fixed it easily, of course. Also added a new battle background script where the game takes a screenshot of the map behind you and uses that as the BG.

One scene down, one to go, and it should be out by... I'd say... late tomorrow night or Friday afternoon, depending on whether or not I find anymore bugs to squash.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Indeed. If this wasn't fun to some extent, I honestly wouldn't be doing it! Besides, classes have JUST started, so it's not too terrible just yet.
KPD, THANK YOU! Fixed it easily, of course. Also added a new battle background script where the game takes a screenshot of the map behind you and uses that as the BG.

One scene down, one to go, and it should be out by... I'd say... late tomorrow night or Friday afternoon, depending on whether or not I find anymore bugs to squash.

that is the power of KITA lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner