Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.04 (8/27/1

Postby SquallLion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Version 0.05 released on 9/6/11, 10PM PST.

:P
SquallLion

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.05 (9/6/11

Postby Activeagressive » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 am

I tried downloading this, twice. The first time Megaupload and then sendspace, both times something fucked up... I think that I'm not meant to play this game :(
... well I can't think of anything funny/interesting/insightful to put here so I'll just leave it blank...
Activeagressive

Postby Kuragari » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:23 am

Try disabling your anti-virus software. It might be deleting it upon download completion.
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 am

Ah, yes. I think I forgot to mention that for some people, depending on their antivirus software's settings, the game might seem to automatically 'delete' when it's done downloading. This is primarily because "DLaby0.05.exe" (or Project1.exe for that matter) is a file that hasn't been seen/used all that much around the Internet (compared to say, iexplore.exe or whatever :P), so your antivirus is understandably just being cautious. Obviously my versions of DL are virus-free, so I'd just switch the AV off temporarily or disable the 'auto-protect' feature the moment before the game finishes downloading.

Thanks Kuragari!
Last edited by KITAmaru on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Actually, having thought about it, there shouldn't be a problem. The file is located within a RAR and whatever the application thats got a cube for an icon is. Virus Protection shouldn't be picking it up. I know this, because I've downloaded lots of files that are in RARs, and had no such problem. Plus, my virus protection was on and I was able to extract the game and play it without trouble.

It could still be something regarding the virus protection, but it might also be something with your browser. I'd try downloading it again, and make sure you save it first. See if that makes any difference.

Anywho, on to the game. I quite enjoyed my playthru's with Irine and Lanie, especially with the slime and tentacle creatures. I like how Lanie has a different phrase for the GO Boss. It certainly suits her.

Also, two questions. The first, are there any other scenes besides the ones you had in the Beta (sans different characters naturally :p)? Also, I was thinking, perhaps you could do a sort of special thing for the next patch. The end room where it says this is the end of the demo, have a character (who could be you in the game :p) be standing in the center of the room. You go up and talk to him, and he checks your purity. If you have a high purity, you get nothing :p. If your Purity is at zero though, you get the choice of three different hentai scenes. 1 is you being in a foursome in the Chambers (and enjoying it in a quasi-mind break mode) The 2nd one could be another scene with the two boys, and the third one could be another weird monster/tentacle or slime scene.

This would only be something you put in the patches where you have an end demo point. You could also do this when the games finished, but change it to correspond to your rewards for either high or low purity.
Kuragari

Postby Sepra » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 pm

1) I admire your diligence and consistency with these updates.
2) I'll leave you a more meaningful comment when I've completed this run through!

Edit: Magic system is much better now, I didn't feel gimp using Thyme. Also liked the bar scene (particularly losing!), but I'm glad there's an option to be willing or otherwise. I don't think I saw the other bad-end, though.
Sepra

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Just finished playing through with Irine. (She's my first playthrough, naturally, as the only reason I got into this game in the FIRST place was to break the nun). Slime's my favourite monster scene thus far. It's absolutely great. It and the plant pretty much make this the greatest update yet, but I really like the slime's gentle touch.

Or VERY nearly, at least. Kinda neck and neck with the twins, I guess. Gangbang straight shota is so high up there on my list that I'm not sure just what can pass it.

Anyway, given that there are so many branches, I guess I'll have a look at all of them with each character. Would be a pity to miss out on what took so long to personalize, y'know? I'll most probably edit this post with any reactions I have to the others, rather than cluttering up the thread with a new post for each new win.
(Also, the bar pirates are pretty great as well. Can't wait to make 'em have a go at Asella)

EDIT BECAUSE I WASN'T AWARE OF THE NEBULA ENCOUNTER: This here and the further scene it unlocks are other examples of things that'll probably be ripe for branching occurences in the distant future when you get syndicate-join options and whatnot, since she's distressed about her gargoyles when none of my characters have ever harmed a piece of gravel on one of their heads. Well, not this playthrough anyway. There was that one time when I wondered what they'd fight like, in a previous build : O
That and the dude's hand. Sour, man. Sour.

EDIT FOR THYME: Haha, oh man. I didn't expect Thyme to be such a lightweight, passing out after just 3 cocks. I mean sure, I ran her ragged with plants and slimes and bandits and slave superiors and gargoyles and FALCOWN PAUNCH'es earlier, but still. XD

EDIT FOR ASELLA: Heh, she thinks of them as dirty and beneath her even at a proper purity level. Well, no matter. Also, as to making sure her purity is abysmal: Like I said, I correct the characters' attitudes as soon as the opportunity arises. 0 Purity from the first opportunity to have it and for the entire rest of the game. It's a given.
...Also, oh man, didn't actually know there was a scene for losing. Asella's lose scene is like 20 times hotter than the consent scene, so ... I'mma have to go back and get that with all the characters. DAMNED FINE WORK.

EDIT FOR RHIANNON: "More like you're MY toy. Who's playing with whom?" .... Fuck yes. Fuck yes. Rhiannon just officially overtook Thyme. I'm sorry, but GODDAMN. Even being a magic using whore can't put someone in front of Rhiannon in terms of awesome anymore, and that's saying alot. Hell, that's saying the maximum possible amount.

EDIT FOR LANIE: I love her reactions to the plants and the losing scene with the sailors. She starts off all "EWW, NO, GROSS" and then ends up ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT.
I WAS all about the Nebula fanboyism, but on learning that the summons require human sacrifice, I can only hope she's sacrificing strong enemies of the syndicate that are too old or too crippled to become sex slaves. If it's possible slavegirls or breakable slaveboys, I can't say I approve very much.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:23 pm

LOL Lucky. If you do the bar guys with that chara, make sure Purity is absolutely abysmal. I tossed something weird in there to give a taste of what each character does during mindbreak (which is somewhat different).

Well, that's good to hear! As for the endscene of the demo thing... I mean, I could do that, but I'd like my CG's to be storyline-relevant I guess, unless they would just be 'previews' of what's coming up anyway. If that's the case, then why not... though I personally prefer the immersion of the writing combined with the 3DCG as more of a very loose visual 'guide' to what's being done.

For some reason the thread shows that Sepra was the most recent one to post, but I don't see any here--probably hasn't been approved yet by the mod?

Yes, I thank you and appreciate it for trying the different choices. None of them besides the initial choice at the bar will trigger a change in CG paths (you can agree to sex with them for the first set of CG's and stuff, or resist and lose the fight for the second one), but I think some of them do initialize some interesting dialogue and at times, a little backstory. If you haven't already noticed, sometimes certain things are said in that H-scene automatically when Purity is lower or higher, respectively. Sorry if a few of the things seem a little half-assed, I had yesterday and the day before off and spent both of those days simply working on the 'personalization' and triple-checking for errors, ahaha... so you can only imagine how freakin' tired I was of staring at the damn Common Events screen.

I'm honestly not 100% sure where I want to go for next patch areas-wise; I have two more storyline relevant NPC's that I wish to introduce, each with their own relationship meter--let's just call them SRNPC's or something. I figured that logically, sleeping quarters or shower rooms for the lower-ranked Syndicate members would make sense, but quite literally all of those stages result in bandit gangbang as a possibility for losing. ~_~ All I know for 100% certain is that we'll likely be revisiting the slave supervisor due to popular request (since I got asked by at least 3-4 different people collectively on these forums and HF--see, your input does do something). REVENGE!

EDIT for Lucky:
Lol, woops! I guess I can either assume that someone else destroyed some of the gargoyles, or simply make one swoop the player as they are trying to exit. Easy fix! On the other hand, branching paths are still a possibility but I still have a few things in mind beforehand...
The pass-out scene after the bar was just a method to get them to leave without too much scripting. I could change it for the appropriate characters to just say an hour later, but yeah. G_G

Sepra: Glad you enjoyed it, lol! I tried to cover two relatively different outcomes depending on Purity level, so yeah. The 3-man 'line-up' and then the MMMFF scene (though I guess it coulda been MMFF since one of the guys was bein' a quickshot).

Thyme, Lanie and Irine are a bit stronger now indeed; Lanie's damage is off the charts, especially with Concentrate, Irine has a new 'Holy Barrier' buff as well as stackable 'Blessing' effects that raise her Spirit--which work in conjunction with her offensive spells, and Thyme can now send enemies into status effect hell. Hex of Air is pretty good. Hex of Water has a bug where it also causes Frostbound in addition to Sleep, not supposed to happen, sooo, that'll be fixed later.

The bad-end is from losing to the plant boss; after you kill all 6 of the small plants, or lose to them (either one), go to the south part of the map where you encounter a cut-scene with Nebula. Losing to the boss will end in an H-scene followed by Game Over, and beating it will cause Nebula to run off, as well as automatically unlocking the door in the southern part of the Bar where you can progress further and meet another character.

What did everyone think of the 2 new storyline-relevant characters / NPC's?
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:57 pm

thx!
SquallLion

Postby LockedHeart » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

I'll write up something longer very soon but I have to say, this game is fantastic and my favorite game on this website!! It's outstanding. One question, you mentioned the MMMFF scene, how is that done?
LockedHeart
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 pm

No problem!
And to Lucky: Nebula's not necessarily the type to get her own hands dirty; I don't think that she is particularly picky, nor the really sadistic type that actually likes to watch people die or anything like that. I would say she's a mix between an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain and a Resenter or Accidental Villain--she doesn't so much hate human life or anything like that so much as she's just obsessed with getting ahead of Lanie, and has kind of her own personal obsession with her that blurs the line between love and hate and overrides any previously established moral tendencies.
I was even going to add a scene where Nebula masturbates to you getting violated by the plant boss if you lose, but I figured that'd be a little too gratuitous for a first introduction... ;D
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

All right, overall impression: It was a great update.

The lose scene in the bar seems to me to be multiple times hotter than the consensual scene for every character, which is only in PART due to my preference for doggy style. More attention is paid to the female's orgasm in that scene, thus making it more enjoyable to me.

As to the characters, I'm not fond of Wolfman even in the slightest, but Ayra's ilk will be glad to see him. I rather like Nebula, but I do hope she doesn't sacrifice actual or potential slavegirls or slaveboys.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby SpectralTime » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Wish there were more of an indicator of the Nebula encounter, or how to trigger it. I wouldn't have found it without this topic to help. Also Thyme's potion bonus is so awesome I'd call it overpowered if I didn't want to keep it.
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:00 am

Ugh, some asshole broke into my car last night. Too bad there isn't shit in there besides a 12-pack of Coke (the beverage!), which they stole. Enjoy your Coke, assholes. Also a barely-running, piece of shit car not worth stealing to begin with.

Haha, naw, I'm not gonna take it away. I think it makes sense given Thyme's history or disposition; she's good with herbs and all that other stuff, so flavor-wise and mechanic-wise, I think it's fine. Besides, I've decided I'd rather make combat a little easier now rather than difficult, especially given the Surrender option for people who simply want to lose to see the H-scenes.

Yeah, see, I was worried that people might not get the whole Nebula thing since, I mean, who would think to kill 6 plants? I'll probably add a prompt next patch that automatically runs when you kill six of the plant monsters; 'You hear a noise to the south' or something of the sort.
EDIT:
Fixed! In my version, I've made it more obvious for players that upon killing just one plant, you'll hear a noise to the south, which was basically Nebula trying to get the door open since her key is... kinda faulty (similar to the one I have to my apartment). She'll drop the same key, which is supposedly a master key that you can pick up and use to get to where Wolfram is--though I'm not making any guarantees about its use afterwards.

EDIT:
Yep! The first bad-end game over is if you lose to the very first bandit guard twice in a row. You really had to go out of your way to see that, especially before the Surrender option was implemented. Hopefully, as development time increases to over a month (this game is now over 3 weeks in the making!) the 'gameplay length' issue will be solved. Ultimately I'm looking for players to get a couple of hours of actual gameplay from this, but that's really secondary to the content I wish to add. If I add enough content, the game's overall time should increase naturally, I figure.

Although the combat system is really just an afterthought, I might want to mention that Rhiannon was probably the most fun for me to play, as Bloodlust stacks with Frenzy AND Battle Cry; I think she nailed a Cleave that was over 1300 damage at one point, despite taking hits of around 300 from the plant boss due to the decreased defense from these states.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 am

excellent!
I didn't notice the dominatrix the 1st time.:)
and I see my first game over (I test a fail vs the plant boss)
too short but to good!!
SquallLion

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 am

For people who are still playing for whatever reason or have not found the Nebula cutscene / Wolfram intro yet, I've modified the first post with the new download-links, which has a modified version. I'll call it '0.05B', which reduces the plant-kill requirements to 1 before hinting you towards the Nebula cutscene, which in turn will have the involved NPC drop an appropriate item with its own clues as to where to go. ^_^

Here are the links just in case you don't feel like going to the first post...
Sendspace Mirror:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m57v1r
Megaupload Mirror:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18TFP5D0

EDIT:
Also started a thread which includes a NEW POLL for which FETISHES (i.e. futa, group, F/F, monster, etc.) in DLaby you'd like to see most! You don't even have to comment there, just any amount of feedback would be great! It can be found here:
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.05B (9/6/1

Postby Kanda » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:17 am

i love this game! Rhiannon is my favorite :3
Kanda
Newly Registered

Postby SquallLion » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 am

Kanda Wrote:i love this game! Rhiannon is my favorite :3

so do I
what is exactly this Nebula cutscene / Wolfram intro ?
I don't know if I saw it (despite my level 7)
SquallLion

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 am

Hahaha... Yeah, Rhiannon's pretty popular, isn't she?

Anyhoo, the Nebula cutscene is in the garden, after you kill (or get raped by) 6 plant monsters, go down south as far as you can in the map and you will encounter the Nebula cutscene and the plant boss. You already mentioned that you tested a game over vs. the plant boss, so you've seen the Nebula scene in its entirety.

However, after you beat / win against the plant boss, go back to the bar, and enter the door at the south part. Go down the hallway and you'll see the Wolfram cutscene.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Hahaha... Yeah, Rhiannon's pretty popular, isn't she?

Anyhoo, the Nebula cutscene is in the garden, after you kill (or get raped by) 6 plant monsters, go down south as far as you can in the map and you will encounter the Nebula cutscene and the plant boss. You already mentioned that you tested a game over vs. the plant boss, so you've seen the Nebula scene in its entirety.

However, after you beat / win against the plant boss, go back to the bar, and enter the door at the south part. Go down the hallway and you'll see the Wolfram cutscene.

thanks
Like I saved after beat the demo (so after beat the plant boss and go back at the bar), I hope the Wolfram cutscene is still here. I try that.
EDIT: no only "the message 'you beat the demo'. I'll try with another character
Last edited by SquallLion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SquallLion

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner