Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.04 (8/27/1

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 am

Heh heh... Oh, those red bandana-wearing guys?
Hmm... Sometime soon. Within the next two patches.

Revisiting characters is easy since the events are technically already in place, as far as coding goes, but I'd like to do them just one at a time instead of devoting a patch entirely to them, since I'd rather make 'progress' in terms of areas and what not. When the game gets big enough, then I'll start to backtrack and fill in more holes. Until then, you might see a revisit every other update.
The Catgirl... honestly, a little down the road (3-4 patches), unless someone can find me that Mithra-looking face mod for 3DCG--I couldn't immediately find it in the catalog so I have to dig some.
The maid, not likely. I ran into some other female sprites that I want the characters to uh... do stuff with.
The twins, definitely, perhaps within 2-3 patches unless demand is overwhelmingly high enough.

Basically, every two weeks I'm going to try to make at least 1-2 new scenes with new material / characters, and 1 modification or additional option to an older scene. So far, in order of most likely to least, it's probably going to be the dominatrix, twins, gargoyle, then the rest.

Don't worry, as I said before, there will be no shortage of lust-driven scenes, and they will actually make up a majority of the game. I would just like to start including some romantic ones when possible (which hopefully should also make up part of the yuri ones), but to do that I need to introduce more characters in order to let players 'spend some time' with them, so to speak.

But seeing as this is a dungeon full of some mindbroken slave girls, you'll be able to take advantage of some more, the same way you did the maid.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby SpectralTime » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 am

As weird as it may sound, I actually much prefer the consensual scenes to the rapey ones. I mean, yeah, okay, I read the title of the game, I should be expecting rape, but having some kind of... reward for not dropping your purity into the game-breaking negatives would be nice. Like if that martial arts chick got a scene with her boyfriend after he came to rescue her or something but before he got captured to isolate her and drive the plot.
SpectralTime

Postby SquallLion » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 am

technically, when I play in fullscreen, the screen shakes. I thought it was the frequency (75Hz) but it's the same ate 60Hz
SquallLion

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Squall: Damn. I'm not sure if this is a script issue or what--when I play it in fullscreen, my screen doesn't shake or do anything of the sort.

Spectral: Yeah, don't worry; I actually do have rewards for Purity planned in the form of unique H-scenes only unlockable with high Purity, certain relationships only being established with a high Purity score, and likely some items. It's just that I don't have any at such an early stage in the game, but there will be--high and low Purity are, in a way, meant to be the 'light and dark' paths in the game. I'm not going to go too much into what I have planned but yeah.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Squall: Damn. I'm not sure if this is a script issue or what--when I play it in fullscreen, my screen doesn't shake or do anything of the sort.

with Rpgmaker XP (not XV), not problem occured in fullscreen but I Don't care about that ;)
SquallLion

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 am

EDIT:
Issue fixed! Whew. After this next update, I'm likely going to take a few days to reorganize my 3DCG mods folder for more efficient scene making and to make sure that any male mods (for bestiality scenes, etc.) in the future are named so as to avoid less confusion.

I'll be sending out a sample to my beta testers (Emilia version only) next Monday for bug reports and the like.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby webought » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Please continue updating this, as I have killed all of the Assasins, did the twins, the Dominatrix lady, the boss, practically everything

Was getting rather good and would like to see it continued

Cause when I got to that room that said "End of 0.0.4" I was like
AWWWWWWW lol
c:<
webought

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Ahahaha, that's great to hear.
Don't know if you saw the post that I made, but the next patch should be out before the end of next weekend (so, likely before 9/10/11). It'll have 3-4 new areas, at least 3 new H-scenes, a couple new storyline-relevant NPC's to encounter, and a place to grind and level up if you so wish, as I am prooobably going to increase the max number of skills you can learn, at least by 2-3 if not by 5, before the release date.

Starting a new game after 0.05 will be VERY important, as your skills might not be what they originally intended to be, especially if you are playing as Lanie or Thyme, both of whom underwent a major skill revamp. Thyme now uses the basic elements of Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Void (think the Japanese 'Godai' used in the Book of Five Rings or the Mahabhuta of Hinduism), as well as occasionally having the odd curse-type spell.

Lanie uses Fire, Wind, Water, Earth and Lightning, later on gaining the ability to use spells that are a combination of the two; Yes, I stole the idea from Grandia I, which had the whole combination thing way before Naruto did (well, they were both released in 1997, but Grandia had the element-combination system off the bat)! But either way, I did take Lightning from the latter's five-element system, so blah. Anyway, combining Earth and Wind would create a sandstorm that has properties of both elements, while meteors or lava can be made from combining Earth and Fire, and so on; but as of right now, you're just going to learn them one by one via the traditional system, provided Lanie learns a spell of each of the five elements first.

The fighter type characters will have a series of self-buffs; Sairyn has Black Turtle Defense, Red Phoenix Rage, Blue Dragon Focus and White Tiger Speed (very, very loosely based on the Shishin / Si Shou of Chinese mythology--I know it's not technically a phoenix, ok), while Asella has Aura of Prudence / Justice / Temperance / Fortitude (after the Four Cardinal Virtues of Christian belief).

Don't get too crazy with your current files; most likely at 0.05 you will need to start a new game, as I have completely revamped the skill system and changed around some slots. I promise this will be the last time I do such a thing, however; each character now has 30 named skills (although only 10 of them do anything at this point, so those will be the ones you can have / learn), and I think most traditional RPG's don't even have that much if I recall correctly.
Also, weapons now have their own unique icons, which at least makes the game look somewhat less like it was made by a complete novice--gahaha!

Added weapons #5-10 in the database, though at this point you probably have only seen one or two weapons / armor pieces up from what you started with.
I just got them out of the way, for now.

I'm fairly pleased with how the CG's turned out, though I STILL need to get a new laptop for better resolution. Since it adds new areas as well as H-scenes / fetishes, I can confidently say that this update will be better than 0.04, which was mainly a bugfix / boss fight / two H-scene patch.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:52 pm

can"t wait the 0.05 ! :mrgreen:
SquallLion

Postby Crax » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 am

It was a fine game, but the CGs need a huge improvement. I'd rather have 2d pics than ugly 3ds.
Crax
Newly Registered

Postby ExistentialGhost » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm

@Crax: thanks for the constructive criticism. Here, you can have these:
Now get to work.
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
ExistentialGhost

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm

LOL.
In all honesty, as much as I love hand-drawn / CG'd pics (and think that the RPGVX girls are in SEVERE need of an H-CG set, wtf?!), I would seriously like to see someone hand-draw every single picture--there are about 400 in this game thus far. Most of them aren't 'cum on, cum off' versions either. At this rate, it's simply not going to happen.

...Unless you're talking about my resolution, in which case, I've mentioned it before--need a new comp as my current one can't take shots the quality of ker's.

In other news, the test (Emilia-only) version is almost done for release to my beta testers by the end of this weekend.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:18 am

Crax Wrote:It was a fine game, but the CGs need a huge improvement. I'd rather have 2d pics than ugly 3ds.

If your talking about the resolution, that's already been mentioned.

If however, your saying that unless the CG's improve drastically and dramatically, that you'd prefer 2d, I have to 2nd Ghost's statements. Get to work and have fun.

If KITAmaru had to draw them by hand, whether on paper or in some drawing document, it'd take three or four times as long for the game to get made.
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:51 am

In the popularity polls:
Holy crap, Emilia and Rhiannon are neck and neck! Guess there's something about a girl with a sword, or a toughie? o_O
Thyme in 3rd. Must be the G-cups...
Lanie and Sairyn tied for 4th.
Irine and Cesca tied for 5th. A suggested pairing, strangely enough...!
Asella in 6th. D: Guess people aren't a fan of the religious type, let alone the judgmental ones. But worry not--she has some backstory that I *think* might make for some fetish fuel...
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 am

oh!oh! :)
SquallLion

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:12 pm

If it weren't for my principles, which state that magic-users and whores are the most awesome things around, Rhiannon would actually be my FIRST choice, even over Thyme.

A strong, tough, tough-talking slut is like...the best thing, man : O

Extra bonus points if they're not so hugely muscular as to look like men.

I feel that her eyes during the first anal part of the twins scene shouldn't have been "pleading" so much as commanding or something else which is dominant and also fits the sentence. Apart from that, though, her personality is probably my favourite in the game. (Well, perhaps apart from Irine's too, because fuck yeah Nymphos ... RIGHT, SO I VOTED FOR MULTIPLE FAVOURITES FOR A REASON : <)

Also Rhiannon has hooge tits. Can't go wrong with those.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Heh! To each their own, which is exactly why I designed this game with multiple characters from the get-go instead of forcing you to deal with a main throughout the entire game. Sure, it could have been done harem-style, but I wanted to allow the player to have more direct control over the girl's fate as opposed to just barking orders at them from the outside as a male / master-type character. Plus, it's... slightly different, I guess--as I said, VH and Grrl Power were partial inspirations.

Ah, sorry about the Rhiannon scene with the twins--I sometimes forget to change the facial expressions, which can be a pain with 3DCG (especially those eyebrows), but I can always go back and do that later, since I still have the pose data for the most part. :D

The test version (Emilia-only) should actually be done by the end of tonight--so I'll send it out by 9pm PST. Then comes the week-long process of 'personalizing' each event, or rather, making it somewhat unique to each character by way of what can be said.

Certainly does look like Rhiannon tends to be the favorite (except ULMF, where Cesca's popularity is double over any other character o_O) here for the most part. Her type is pretty nice too. I don't imagine her to be incredibly muscular to the point of looking manly, but she'd at least have some abs. I tend to envision a Gina Carano-type build, maybe.

What actually sort of surprises me is Emilia's immense popularity--I mean, the sprite is attractive enough and all, but it almost has me puzzled, as I would think for some people to find her a bit... well, 'blah', as personality-wise, she is pretty standard. Girl next door type, neither butch nor overly feminine, not too promiscuous but not a prude, pretty in an accessible way, well-mannered but not stuck-up, and a good fighter. I think she fits closer to the Western ideal of femininity, unlike Sairyn who is more of a Yamato Nadeshiko, I guess.

I was kind of surprised that Lanie or Cesca weren't a bit more popular on these forums, as the former is basically a walking meme collection (I guess I was kinda going for a take on a femanon, but ended up with a borderline valley girl x__x) and the latter has the whole Inami Mahiru-esque 'man-phobia' thing going on, which I suppose attracts people who like the corruption factor.

Phew, back to working on the skills. Naming skills/weapons? Sure. Figuring out what they do and trying to test if they're OP or not? Zzzz.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 pm

I meant in the text, really, not her actual model's facial expression. XD

Also, I have no insight to offer into the popularity of Emilia whatsoever - it's a literal mystery to me. But her fighting ability in game terms sure is awesome.

"Sever nerve"d that boss guy as the first move, and he didn't ever get to move for the rest of the fight. XD
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh, yeah. I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty much my 'stock' writing and in my hurry, I forgot to modify that part for Rhiannon given her strong personality. I can always fix that for Friday's patch.

LOL yeah, I didn't realize paralysis was that brutal until I did the same thing to Kalen and didn't get touched.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BooFoo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 pm

love your game, probably one of the best hentai English game I played. Is .05 still going to be released this weekend?
BooFoo
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner